• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh, and his play stuff up before it begins by making a Paradox I am guessing? But Palutena and Viridi already do that :p
Shockingly, nothing Cell did affected the time paradox, even when he shaded his skin and left it(yet Trunks affected it a bit, dbz logic). Even though Palutena and Viridi already did, I can picture them continuing to torture him since they might not like him, Pit would make it worse if he had an S-Support with Lucina or Lissa.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Shockingly, nothing Cell did affected the time paradox, even when he shaded his skin and left it(yet Trunks affected it a bit, dbz logic). Even though Palutena and Viridi already did, I can picture them continuing to torture him since they might not like him, Pit would make it worse if he had an S-Support with Lucina or Lissa.
Oh, well that's........ uh, confusing. No, Lucina is out of bonds for Pit. :4robinm:x:4lucina: for life.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh, well that's........ uh, confusing. No, Lucina is out of bonds for Pit. :4robinm:x:4lucina: for life.
Yeah, DBZ is wierd, but still awesome. Some people don't like that shipping for some wierd reason(I always paired them up together before Lucina would become op), and I used :4pit:X:4lucina: as an example due to the whole :4palutena:X:4lucina: thing couple months ago and now :4darkpit:X:4lucina:. Also, Pit and Lucina do look cute together, not gonna lie.

EnGarde

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4914-3671-9440
I was looking at the results for the "Ultimate Ruleset Poll". With over 3700 votes, only 33 people picked Pit as their main. Combine that with the 14 that picked Dark Pit...

Only 47 people main the Pits.

:(

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I was looking at the results for the "Ultimate Ruleset Poll". With over 3700 votes, only 33 people picked Pit as their main. Combine that with the 14 that picked Dark Pit...

So? The less people who main a character, the more special you get to be for playing them and the less often your opponents will likely know the matchup.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215

Can you link me, I want to see how many main Kirby

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Yep. Last tournament I went to, my Dark Pit was the only Pit1/Pittoo in the building. Supposedly, Nairo is the only pro Dark Pit player on the entire West Coast.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
If you guys really want to feel bad about this, remember that there are still more Pits then Charizards.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We shall honor a moment of silence for our winged brethren.

Have him join Pit and Pittoo on the road to more diversity in Smash Bros)and floor ice cream).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Have him join Pit and Pittoo on the road to more diversity in Smash Bros)and floor ice cream).
Charizard can't eat floor ice cream. It always melts before it gets into his mouth. He has to drink it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Charizard can't eat floor ice cream. It always melts before it gets into his mouth. He has to drink it.
Flaming floor ice cream then, and he can be close to top teir

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Wow, I'm late to the party on this one.

In my fan-conceived sequel, Hades's illegitimate daughter (because toying with the actual mythology is fun) Persephone attempts to resurrect him after learning that he's been offed by the good guys.

Persephone is basically the arch-*****, a tiny pigtailed brat with the attitude of a Valley Girl and the sociopathic wrath of her daddy.
LOL, I always thought it would be fun if Fortuna was Hades' mistress, and she tried to bring him back. There could be so much shenanigans with her involving probability manipulation.

Want to know something interesting? The Aegis was made from the severed head of none other than Medusa the Gorgon, slain by Perseus, one of Athena's chosen heroes. It's also worth noting that her full honorific, Pallas Athena, is where Palutena's name derives from: it's a portmanteau / corruption of the name, producing the name Palthena / Palutena.
Tellings of Greek myth varies, but I've never heard one where Aegis is made from Medusa's corpse. The version I've read explicitly states Aegis was its own shield, entrusted to Athena by Zeus (alongside his lightning bolts). Though in some tellings, Athena attached Medusa's head to the front of it to make the shield more deadly later on.

Kid Icarus is surprisingly attuned to its source inspiration.
Giant mechs and lasers aside, yes.

It's official: Hades is the GREEKEST god in Uprising.
It's kind of funny because Hades is one of the less dickish gods in actual Greek myth. Uprising Hades is still probably one of my favorite takes on him. He blends foppishness and mass genocide in a such an artistic way.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, the beauty of mythology is that there's no one definitive account of it.

Also waiting for Palutena's backstory wherein it is explained that Palutena burst out of her daddy's aching head as a fully-grown deity.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I was watching Wrath of the Titans a couple of nights ago on TV and there was a scene were Zeus and Poseidon went to the under world to talk to Hades and my first though was

"Where are Pit and Palutena?"

Yeah, DBZ is wierd, but still awesome. Some people don't like that shipping for some wierd reason(I always paired them up together before Lucina would become op), and I used :4pit:X:4lucina: as an example due to the whole :4palutena:X:4lucina: thing couple months ago and now :4darkpit:X:4lucina:. Also, Pit and Lucina do look cute together, not gonna lie.
Yes, yes it is. Sshhhhh! Don't mention :4lucina:x:4palutena:! Wait, :4lucina:x:4darkpit: is a thing?! Oh my Naga......
Hm, you have a point. :4lucina:x:4pit: is sort of cute. Though I think they would be better of as a brother sister relation.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yes, yes it is. Sshhhhh! Don't mention :4lucina:x:4palutena:! Wait, :4lucina:x:4darkpit: is a thing?! Oh my Naga......
Hm, you have a point. :4lucina:x:4pit: is sort of cute. Though I think they would be better of as a brother sister relation.
Wont bring it back up, maybe. It's mostly fanfics, but for some reason, people seem to like :4darkpit:X:4lucina:. :4pit: and :4lucina: do seem better in a brother/sister relationship(similar to how I ship :4pit:X:4samus:/:4zss:). Bet Chrom would accept him only over the rest.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I always thought a plot involving Cronos would be the next logical step for the series's story. It would give us an excuse to go back and explain both Pit and Palutena's relationship as well as Palutena and Medusa's, and maybe even remake the old games in the new engine.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I always thought a plot involving Cronos would be the next logical step for the series's story. It would give us an excuse to go back and explain both Pit and Palutena's relationship as well as Palutena and Medusa's, and maybe even remake the old games in the new engine.
Time-warping shenanigans would also be a great way to explain away all the retcons and plot confusion.

:4pit: But Lady Palutena, how did...?

:4palutena: Cronos did it.

:4pit: But how about...?

:4palutena: CRONOS DID IT.

:4pit: Uhh...okay.

:4palutena: Good boy. You catch on quick!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Time-warping shenanigans would also be a great way to explain away all the retcons and plot confusion.

This is genius. We could finally learn about how :4pit:and:4palutena: met each other, aswell as their time together during the 25 years.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Wont bring it back up, maybe. It's mostly fanfics, but for some reason, people seem to like :4darkpit:X:4lucina:. :4pit: and :4lucina: do seem better in a brother/sister relationship(similar to how I ship :4pit:X:4samus:/:4zss:). Bet Chrom would accept him only over the rest.
Hm. I wonder why people like :4lucina:x:4darkpit:. Seems strange. Happy to see you agree with me. :4pit:x:4samus:/:4zss:? I though :4falcon:x:4samus:/:4zss: was the ship.

This is genius. We could finally learn about how :4pit:and:4palutena: met each other, aswell as their time together during the 25 years.
And why :4pit: can't fly!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
And why :4pit: can't fly!
Pretty sure nobody really knows why Pit can't fly. Even Hades doesn't know. The closest thing to an explanation
Palutena gives is "his wings just don't work right". If she had even the slightest idea of what exactly the problem was
I'm sure she'd be working on a solution, since we know the power of flight is only a temporary fix. Only a higher power than
Dyntos or Hades would likely have the answer.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Pretty sure nobody really knows why Pit can't fly. Even Hades doesn't know. The closest thing to an explanation
Palutena gives is "his wings just don't work right". If she had even the slightest idea of what exactly the problem was
I'm sure she'd be working on a solution, since we know the power of flight is only a temporary fix. Only a higher power than
Well, maybe Pit knows but just doesn't want to tell because it's embarrassing. A higher power than Dyntos or Hades? Jez, I wonder who that would be.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Pretty sure it's just a birth defect or something. I mean, if he got his wings from a piece of the soul of his dead girlfriend all of a sudden the chicken wings jokes aren't funny anymore.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Pretty sure it's just a birth defect or something. I mean, if he got his wings from a piece of the soul of his dead girlfriend all of a sudden the chicken wings jokes aren't funny anymore.
Well this just got very dark very quickly.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, maybe Pit knows but just doesn't want to tell because it's embarrassing. A higher power than Dyntos or Hades? Jez, I wonder who that would be.
He's embarrassed enough as it is not being able to fly period. Not knowing the answer to why you can't do something
can be just as humiliating as having a silly reason for it. It doesn't help that the only person who really poses the question
is freaking Hades, whom Pit knows will surely cruelly mock him no matter what answer he gives.

Weren't we talking about Cronos a few posts ago?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
He's embarrassed enough as it is not being able to fly period. Not knowing the answer to why you can't do something
can be just as humiliating as having a silly reason for it. It doesn't help that the only person who really poses the question
is freaking Hades, whom Pit knows will surely cruelly mock him no matter what answer he gives.
True true. I like to actually see Pit and Hades relation as some what like a school yard bully relation. Except Pit manages to stand up to Hades and freaking kill him XD.

Weren't we talking about Cronos a few posts ago?
Yeah, that's how we got to here.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
True true. I like to actually see Pit and Hades relation as some what like a school yard bully relation. Except Pit manages to stand up to Hades and freaking kill him XD.
After talking to the principal (Dyntos), who gives him a lethal weapon to kill Hades with as opposed to taking disciplinary
action himself. What a great lesson we've all learned today.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
After talking to the principal (Dyntos), who gives him a lethal weapon to kill Hades with as opposed to taking disciplinary
action himself. What a great lesson we've all learned today.
Life lesson to never forget. When someone is being mean to you, get some crazy old guy to build you a super weapon to destroy them :D.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hm. I wonder why people like :4lucina:x:4darkpit:. Seems strange. Happy to see you agree with me. :4pit:x:4samus:/:4zss:? I though :4falcon:x:4samus:/:4zss: was the ship.
:4falcon:X:4samus:/:4zss: is a best friends/love relationship thing, sometimes confusing. I prefer :4pit:X:4samus:/:4zss: as a brother/sister thing since they used the same game engine, debut the same year, and I always picture her taking care of him like the baby metroid whenever :4palutena:'s to busy doing god stuff. Also, I bet Pit can't fly because he's the son of the original Icarus, and noone knows it(not even :4pit: and :4palutena:).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
:4falcon:X:4samus:/:4zss: is a best friends/love relationship thing, sometimes confusing. I prefer :4pit:X:4samus:/:4zss: as a brother/sister thing since they used the same game engine, debut the same year, and I always picture her taking care of him like the baby metroid whenever :4palutena:'s to busy doing god stuff. Also, I bet Pit can't fly because he's the son of the original Icarus, and noone knows it(not even :4pit: and :4palutena:).
I believe that is thanks to Brawl In the Family. Oh, I see. It does make sense now that you say that. Hm, that isn't a bad theory, though I can see two problems

1) Icarus made fake wings out of wax. Pit's wings are real.

2) Who did Icarus do it with for :4pit: to appear. Just say

Though you may not be far off the mark. In the how to play videos, when Pit asks Palutena who Icarus is, she dodges the question and tells Pit to forget about it.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
I have a faint memory of reading Somewhere, that the reason Pit can't fly was because he gave up the ability to fly in some great heroic sacrificial exchange to save the world.
I can't remember Where though. I thought I read it on his trophy in Melee, but I checked and that's not the case.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I believe that is thanks to Brawl In the Family. Oh, I see. It does make sense now that you say that. Hm, that isn't a bad theory, though I can see two problems

1) Icarus made fake wings out of wax. Pit's wings are real.

2) Who did Icarus do it with for :4pit: to appear. Just say

Though you may not be far off the mark. In the how to play videos, when Pit asks Palutena who Icarus is, she dodges the question and tells Pit to forget about it.
Maybe Icarus married an angel with real wings. Also, never read Brawl in the Family(excluding the last 5 or so).

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I have a faint memory of reading Somewhere, that the reason Pit can't fly was because he gave up the ability to fly in some great heroic sacrificial exchange to save the world.
I can't remember Where though. I thought I read it on his trophy in Melee, but I checked and that's not the case.
Hm, well that is interesting. I wonder were you read it. Post a link if you do find the original source.

Maybe Icarus married an angel with real wings. Also, never read Brawl in the Family(excluding the last 5 or so).
Hm, I guess that could have happen after he bit the dust. You should read them all. They are just brilliant.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I guess that could have happen after he bit the dust. You should read them all. They are just brilliant.
I hope they're great(the beginning that is).

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Also, I bet Pit can't fly because he's the son of the original Icarus, and noone knows it(not even :4pit: and :4palutena:).
The big problem with this is that the Kid Icarus world is almost nothing like the Greek myths everything was named after.

Pandora and Medusa were never goddesses, Hades wasn't so corrupt, and there was no Palutena, Viridi, or Phyron in the Greek myths. The game was probably just named "Kid Icarus" in reference to Greek myths. I don't think there is anything deeper to it then that, especially considering how simplistic NES game plots generally were.

Last edited:
Top Bottom