• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

Final-Fortress

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8477-3634
I have the same thing. I see more Pits in For Fun than I do For Glory. One-on-One, I haven't seen any. As others have said, people go for the characters that excel in one area more than characters who are all-rounders. Really, the only thing that I think Pit excels in is his recovery, but even then, that has a downside, as you have to be really precise as to not get punished. I think it's just the fact that a lot of his moves have a ton of ending lag that drives a lot away.

カワシさん

Pit is more of a balanced or all-round character, and not that fast or strong. However, Pit is one of my top main characters and I use him pretty much every time I go on FG. However, like said previously, he has no really unique strengths, other than a glorious recovery (in my opinion). I'm sure more people like Little Mac-styled characters, or power-types (You won't have a hard time finding a Charizard, Donkey Kong, or Ganondorf). Also, the DLC seems to be more popular because.. well, DLC.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
http://e3.nintendo.com/offers/

Look at that "and more" section.
Starfox 64, probably to tie in with Starfox 0.
Fire Emblem: Awakening, to tie in with Fire Emblem: Fate.
Animal Crossing: New Leaf, to tie in with Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival.

...And Kid Icarus: Uprising. Perhaps they'll present something later, like with Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Pacman last E3?

This theory has holes, of course, because of Fantasy Life and Wii Party U...but I can dream, okay?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

...And Kid Icarus: Uprising. Perhaps they'll present something later, like with Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Pacman last E3?

This theory has holes, of course, because of Fantasy Life and Wii Party U...but I can dream, okay?
Are you trying to get me hyped over a prediction? Because it's working, Pit needs more love(excluding his Amiibo being in pretty much every compatible game).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Are you trying to get me hyped over a prediction? Because it's working, Pit needs more love(excluding his Amiibo being in pretty much every compatible game).
Don't hype too hard.
We're probably setting ourselves up for disappointment. I almost didn't consider posting this.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Don't hype too hard.
We're probably setting ourselves up for disappointment. I almost didn't consider posting this.
They could atleast do a port/remake, a sequel, or even an anime/show plus comic(similar to MegaMan and Sonic). Either way, Kid Icarus needs to become a huge staple in the family, especially with the amount of Mario shown this year.

HarajukuNinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
harajuku_ninja
3DS FC
3523-3461-8281

Interesting...

It seems possible. It's a very under appreciated series and a sequel would be awesome. :) Though, I'm trying not to get too excited so I won't be disappointed in the end.

inb4 we have to wait 25 more years

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Interesting...

It seems possible. It's a very under appreciated series and a sequel would be awesome. :) Though, I'm trying not to get too excited so I won't be disappointed in the end.

inb4 we have to wait 25 more years
I wouldn't say under appreciated, more as developers are scared to do a sequel because of Sakurai's awesomeness.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That'd be cool but ehhhh I'm not getting my hopes up.

How long did it take for them to announce CN:S? Later that night? I give it until tomorrow night if it's going to happen at all.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I was playing Pit on for glory earlier today and fought an excellent Ryu and Palutena. I beat Ryu with an Upperdash Arm in the air at 159% while I was at 500%, thinking it was gonna be awesome from there...then came Palutena. The player knew everything about both Pit and Palutena, so it took a rubber match(5 out of 9) to seal the deal. It ended up being sad because I beat Palutena on Palutena's Temple as Pit, with the "Destroyed Skyworld" remix playing in he background, which made me think of that whole storyarc. Sad times.

Last edited:

Silxer

Smash Apprentice
I have the same thing. I see more Pits in For Fun than I do For Glory. One-on-One, I haven't seen any. As others have said, people go for the characters that excel in one area more than characters who are all-rounders. Really, the only thing that I think Pit excels in is his recovery, but even then, that has a downside, as you have to be really precise as to not get punished. I think it's just the fact that a lot of his moves have a ton of ending lag that drives a lot away.
Really? I've haven't really notice the "ton of ending lag" your talking about on Pits moves most of his moves seem pretty quickish... maybe I'm just used to it...

And yes, I barely see any Pit players on FG/Videos of others playing FG... I've seen a few Dark Pit players but most of them tend to spam the side B for whatever reason...and a decent Dark Pit player is also uncommon in FG (but more common then Pit).

Last edited:

Final-Fortress

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8477-3634
Really? I've haven't really notice the "ton of ending lag" your talking about on Pits moves most of his moves seem pretty quickish... maybe I'm just used to it...

And yes, I barely see any Pit players on FG/Videos of others playing FG... I've seen a few Dark Pit players but most of them tend to spam the side B for whatever reason...and a decent Dark Pit player is also uncommon in FG (but more common then Pit).
To be fair, I may have been over-exaggerating there, but some of his moves do have ending lag. For instance, Power of Flight. If you miss the ledge during recovery then it leaves you completely open. Upperdash/Electroshock have a bit of ending lag as well, and whilst Palutena's Bow doesn't have THAT much end lag in my opinion, there's still the fact the charging takes a while.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I play Pit on For Glory occasionally as he is a main of mine. Beyond that, I probably ran into 2 Pits throughout my For Glory experiences. It's a shame, since Pit's pretty fun to fight and play as. :(

MKchouy

Smash Cadet

Well, none of his aerials auto cancel, arrows (at least dark pit's) aren't very good because there's a surprising amount of ending lag (they don't even jab lock), the orbitars have a stupid amount of ending lag (I've SD'd due to gimping ness off stage with the ending lag of the orbitars), and as great as the side special is for killing, it also has a ton of end lag. F-Smash has decent end lag too.

B-air and dair are quick but don't auto cancel. Fast fall fair is okay, Uair is meh, nair is okay (on landings).

I love the pit duos, I main them both and they are still very good characters but I just wish they had slight buffs like less lag on orbitars, arrows and making fair auto cancel would be amazing (maybe too good).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I also think he is too easy to launch because of his lightweight, people just dont really seem to like him in general as a character.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Palutena's Bow doesn't have THAT much end lag in my opinion, there's still the fact the charging takes a while.
Fullhop -> arrow at apex of jump.

It's not a perfect solution, but it does mitigate a lot of the lag.

I also think he is too easy to launch because of his lightweight, people just dont really seem to like him in general as a character.
Pit's middleweight, though, near the direct centre of the chart at weight value 96.

For reference, the heaviest is Bowser (128) and the lightest is Jigglypuff (68).

D

Deleted member

Do you guys have any cool pictures of pit? Like him fighting or in awesome poses?

Toxiphobe

Smash Cadet
Everybody uses dark pit because nobody likes pit. People wanna play as the characters who normally weren't playable in Kid Icarus uprising like Magnus and besides, Dark Pit has fangirls so you can understand. Although I'll always cherrish my pitty pat. <3

D

Deleted member

Everybody uses dark pit because nobody likes pit. People wanna play as the characters who normally weren't playable in Kid Icarus uprising like Magnus and besides, Dark Pit has fangirls so you can understand. Although I'll always cherrish my pitty pat. <3
But Pits outfit is so much better the Dark pit's and there basically the same character. Plus Pit is cooler.(Opinion)

Toxiphobe

Smash Cadet
But Pits outfit is so much better the Dark pit's and there basically the same character. Plus Pit is cooler.(Opinion)
THEY MAY BE the same but it's all about preference I suppose. XD And I do agree, Pit's costumes are full of color and style.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
A while ago, Nintendo announced on twitter that Pit and WFT trainer amiibos are gonna be restocked in the next few coming weeks, but they've said little to nothing after that and I still don't know when Pit is supposed to come out. The other two kid icarus characters :4palutena::4darkpit: ar supposed to have their figurines come out next month, but not only are we on the 20th of june right now, e3 has already passed and Nintendo stillll hasn't announced when they'll allow pre-orders (or if pre-orders are even happening at all) or if they will be exclusives. What the hell, man?

I haven't even played Kid Icarus yet, and I've come to like Pit as a character in smash a lot and his goofy character is a delight to listen to, to the point where I might consider having him (or Pac-Man) as my 2ndary instead of Greninja if I ever feel like demoting him to a pocket. Even before I started playing him, I've always missed out on his amiibo and I always wanted it but could never get it. I want him, :rosalina:, and :4littlemac: badly and still have yet to get them; this is another chance for me to get Pit and I don't wanna miss it but Nintendo is still being quiet about it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A while ago, Nintendo announced on twitter that Pit and WFT trainer amiibos are gonna be restocked in the next few coming weeks, but they've said little to nothing after that and I still don't know when Pit is supposed to come out. The other two kid icarus characters :4palutena::4darkpit: ar supposed to have their figurines come out next month, but not only are we on the 20th of june right now, e3 has already passed and Nintendo stillll hasn't announced when they'll allow pre-orders (or if pre-orders are even happening at all) or if they will be exclusives. What the hell, man?

I haven't even played Kid Icarus yet, and I've come to like Pit as a character in smash a lot and his goofy character is a delight to listen to, to the point where I might consider having him (or Pac-Man) as my 2ndary instead of Greninja if I ever feel like demoting him to a pocket. Even before I started playing him, I've always missed out on his amiibo and I always wanted it but could never get it. I want him, :rosalina:, and :4littlemac: badly and still have yet to get them; this is another chance for me to get Pit and I don't wanna miss it but Nintendo is still being quiet about it.
I think preordering is no longer, aswell as buying more than 2 of the same amiibo, because of scalpers. Nintendo better start treating this series better.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
That is boss.
I think this is easily your best work.

It's certainly my favourite, at any rate~

EDIT: On impulse, I went ahead and got the t-shirt.

Based Pitty-Pat tho~

Thank you guys! I saw that someone had bought a Pit shirt and figured they'd be from this thread!

Be sure to send me a picture of how the shirt looks when it arrives! My email address will be in the Redbubble confirmation email.

Last edited:

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
Your first pic which is similar to my avatar is my favorite pose so far. Idk how to post pics tho, so if I change my avatar hopefully I'll have learned by then.

D

Deleted member

Your first pic which is similar to my avatar is my favorite pose so far. Idk how to post pics tho, so if I change my avatar hopefully I'll have learned by then.
Yeah I like that one, I still dont get how those shorts dont rip when stretching that far :p

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
The Smash Ballot that came out a while back showed that their are a tremendously low amount of Dark Pit players, much lower than Pit players. If I remember correctly, there were only like 14 Dark Pit mains of the 3,000+ people that voted.

And no, I've probably only ever seen a Pit player on FG like once. Never seen a Dark Pit except for myself.

Last edited:

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
Well, none of his aerials auto cancel, arrows (at least dark pit's) aren't very good because there's a surprising amount of ending lag (they don't even jab lock), the orbitars have a stupid amount of ending lag (I've SD'd due to gimping ness off stage with the ending lag of the orbitars), and as great as the side special is for killing, it also has a ton of end lag. F-Smash has decent end lag too.

B-air and dair are quick but don't auto cancel. Fast fall fair is okay, Uair is meh, nair is okay (on landings).

I love the pit duos, I main them both and they are still very good characters but I just wish they had slight buffs like less lag on orbitars, arrows and making fair auto cancel would be amazing (maybe too good).
All of his aerials autocancel, but you can't Fastfall them, minus maybe Nair, Fair, and Bair to an extent.

I agree on arrows and orbitars being less laggy. Same w/ SideB maybe, as well as having more consistent armor.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
EVO is coming up, we need to get Nairo to use Pit.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
EVO is coming up, we need to get Nairo to use Pit.
We probably won't see him use Pit that much at EVO... But then again, ZSS doesn't seem to gain much from customs.

Either way, at the rate Sakurai is nerfing top tiers Pit's going to be considered top tier before it's all said and done.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Well hai angel mains! :happysheep:

I'mm gonna visit here 'cause the inactivity of the :4darkpit: boards make me cry ;__________;

Maybe I'll learn something new here idk :)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
We probably won't see him use Pit that much at EVO... But then again, ZSS doesn't seem to gain much from customs.

Either way, at the rate Sakurai is nerfing top tiers Pit's going to be considered top tier before it's all said and done.
Pit for top tier confirmed(though atleast ZeRo thinks Pit should be high tier material).

Well hai angel mains! :happysheep:

I'mm gonna visit here 'cause the inactivity of the :4darkpit: boards make me cry ;__________;

Maybe I'll learn something new here idk :)
Welcome to the Pit family, aka the superior family. You're allowed to eat as much food off the floor as you want without worrying about THE EDGE! Also, don't cry for Pittoo.

Top Bottom