• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Skyworld Hub - "Soaring through the Skys"

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
So my tournament experience today was bad. 9th out of 36 at a tournament I could have realistically gotten 2nd at.

Let me clarify though. The whole day my MK was just off. Nothing clicked. There was a disconnect. So I switched to Pit and that actually went much better. My Pit legitimately did better than my MK. Now I refuse to drop MK. But Pit and I work. The person I lost to in Loser's barely won against my Pit. I lost due to MU inexperience.

In short, I'm sold. Time to lab it up with Pit. My biggest issues as MK are campy/passive players. Pit does a good job negating that. I need that. And he's actually fun.

So yeah, my name is Technology and I'm here to stay.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So my tournament experience today was bad. 9th out of 36 at a tournament I could have realistically gotten 2nd at.

Let me clarify though. The whole day my MK was just off. Nothing clicked. There was a disconnect. So I switched to Pit and that actually went much better. My Pit legitimately did better than my MK. Now I refuse to drop MK. But Pit and I work. The person I lost to in Loser's barely won against my Pit. I lost due to MU inexperience.

In short, I'm sold. Time to lab it up with Pit. My biggest issues as MK are campy/passive players. Pit does a good job negating that. I need that. And he's actually fun.

Keep working on that Pit. 9th place is better than last place.

ZTD | TECHnology

9th is better than last. But 9th is worse than 1st. I want to be the best and use my experiences and the great players around me to grow and be the best player I can. My thirst for progression is unquenchable. I hope to use that to help boost the community around me. Pit is definitely viable. But being a jack of all trades requires more focus and a different skillset from a character who excels at a particular something. Which is rare. Which is why you don't see many Pits. I hope to make my mark though.

My first experience with Pit in a serious setting was positive. I can't ignore that. Lets see where this goes. : )

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Welcome aboard Technology, I'm LancerStaff, and you could say I'm the expert on Pit and his evil twin. I'm the one staying up to 3 AM messing around with kooky and weird stuff, anyway. So if you ever find something you don't understand, you know who to call.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
9th is better than last. But 9th is worse than 1st. I want to be the best and use my experiences and the great players around me to grow and be the best player I can. My thirst for progression is unquenchable. I hope to use that to help boost the community around me. Pit is definitely viable. But being a jack of all trades requires more focus and a different skillset from a character who excels at a particular something. Which is rare. Which is why you don't see many Pits. I hope to make my mark though.

My first experience with Pit in a serious setting was positive. I can't ignore that. Lets see where this goes. : )
Noone can be the best until ZeRo loses at EVO(which we're all hoping for).

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301

Halle-Hoo-Ha~! Halle-Hoo-Ha~!

What's up now?

ZTD | TECHnology

I am well aware of the directory thread but I would like to know what the best starting points are for learning the character. (The video guide or...?). Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I am well aware of the directory thread but I would like to know what the best starting points are for learning the character. (The video guide or...?). Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
Honestly, playing other Pits is the best way to start your education.

It's how I grew my own wings, at least.

ZTD | TECHnology

So basically I'd have to Wifi.

Does Pit handle okay in WiFi? I can't stand it with Meta Knight because latency ruins my combos.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
So basically I'd have to Wifi.

Does Pit handle okay in WiFi? I can't stand it with Meta Knight because latency ruins my combos.
Do you know any good Pits in your area?

I think Pit handles decently online. I've never had much issue with him.

ZTD | TECHnology

LOE1 is a great Pit but I rarely see him outside of tournament and he doesn't own the game. Yet he's taken games off M2K with it. That kid is a freak of nature.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
LOE1 is a great Pit but I rarely see him outside of tournament and he doesn't own the game. Yet he's taken games off M2K with it. That kid is a freak of nature.
Well, there are plenty of decent Pits around here. I'm sure you can find someone that will help educate you, eheheh~ ;3

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Finally today begins EVO. The beginning of hopefully ZeRo's end and the rise of the high tier chararchers like Pit, Pacman, etc.

LousyTactician

There's a red door and I want it painted pink
Sorry folks, but I'll probably be watching some Guilty Gear, Tekken, and Mahvel during EVO this year.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sorry folks, but I'll probably be watching some Guilty Gear, Tekken, and Mahvel during EVO this year.
I'm just gonna watch Smash 4, forgot about Marvel so that to. Maybe Street Fighter, but no Melee cause Ant Man and GameWorks.

You should check out Nairo, Pink Fresh, and Marcbri if you can't do any online battle or hate lvl.9 cpus.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I'll be honest, most of my skill comes from playing laggy for Glory matches... There's not much of a scene in my area and I'm always busy. There's my IRL friends, but they suck. :p And I don't like burdening others on here with what's often a full second of latency. Hey if Nairo gets practice off of Glory, I can too.

Well that, and I lab the heck out of him. I've put basically every move under the microscope. Here's an obscure one: Jab 1 has three different KB angles throughout it's hitbox to ensure it combos properly. Some of them lead to Jab 2 whiffing at before others. Oh, Jab 2 missing isn't a big deal Technology, Jab 3 comes out fast enough to combo.

IMO, the biggest thing you should lab is how their Uspecial interacts with the slanted undersides of stages. Most stages look pretty self-explanitory, but others like (Omega?) Smashville and Omega Brinstar are pretty misleading, Brinstar in particular has a giant zone that doesn't look like it'd count as a slant, but it does.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyone find it cool/weird that Pit is used more everywhere than Dark Pit, except for America?

SilverWolfLaguz

Smash Journeyman
Bum****, FL (Heart forever in Massachusetts)
NNID
Dante_Galileo
Can anyone get on soon? I just got off a stressful day at work (why do you give me $20 to pay for a $1 toll?!) and I really need to blow off some steam.

Friendlies, tournament-style (no items and just legal stages) or just messing around, I'm good with either.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Can anyone get on soon? I just got off a stressful day at work (why do you give me $20 to pay for a $1 toll?!) and I really need to blow off some steam.

Friendlies, tournament-style (no items and just legal stages) or just messing around, I'm good with either.
I could play you after I see Antman, so either 5 or 6pm.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Anyone hoping Nairo wins EVO as Pit?Players would start playing him more, and he cold move up from low high/high mid teir to mI'd high teir.
He's not moving any higher until his mechanics (FSmash not connecting if you hit them too close, USmash not connecting if you hit them with the second hit instead of the first OR third) are fixed and his pointless nerfs are nonexistent (wonky super armor for SideB plus pointless projectile reflection and auto-death if used below the edge, also UpB flying over the edge, etc.)

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue

Actually, Nairo played MK in Brawl, so the transition might not be as wild as some ma think.

Btw, any tips for a guy who can't seem to get by this Meta Knight? He seems so lagless, I hate it.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It would make me a very happy kitty if Nairo pulled out Dark Pit for EVO.

I can't see it happening, especially when ZSS has so much to gain from customs, though it would be hype as ****.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He's not moving any higher until his mechanics (FSmash not connecting if you hit them too close, USmash not connecting if you hit them with the second hit instead of the first OR third) are fixed and his pointless nerfs are nonexistent (wonky super armor for SideB plus pointless projectile reflection and auto-death if used below the edge, also UpB flying over the edge, etc.)
Pit/Dark Pit have never been nerfed the whole time the game's been out.
It would make me a very happy kitty if Nairo pulled out Dark Pit for EVO.

I can't see it happening, especially when ZSS has so much to gain from customs, though it would be hype as ****.
A normal Pit, custom Dark Pit, and any kind of ZSS would help him win.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Huh? I didn't say he was
Your comment said "He's not moving any higher until his mechanics are fixed and his pointless nerfs are nonexistent", which is why I said he never got nerfed in any patch.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't mean nerfs as in balance patches, I been mechanics and "balance checks" that prevent his moveset from being that of a top tier character.
That doesn't hurt him at all. He's still extremely good, especially when he's able to beat top teir characters already.
Didn't the only thing that really happen to Pit in the patches were bug fixes?
Not even bug patches touched Pit and the Kid Icarus gang.

Tito Maas

Smash Ace
NNID
2OwtBlue
Dumb question, but you do you guys think Pit would be a low-high tier character if he:
A) Got a 1.2x boost in speed overall.
OR B) Got a 1.1x overall speed, and got Brawl-style arrows back?
I don't think he even needs a speed boost at all or really benefits much from one, but Brawl arrows definitely send him up the tier list.

Last edited:

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Remind me how Brawl arrows functioned?

I think his speed is fine. To be frank, I'm not sure how I'd tweak Pit to improve him. I'm quite content with how he is~

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
And they didn't vanish upon reaching the blastzone (great for mindgames), and iirc up to four could be flying around at a time.
*Imagining Brawl Pit versus Villager*

Holy **** do you want this game to turn into danmaku?!

On second thought that sounds hella hype, yes please~

Top Bottom