• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skill Levels; What do you guys think?? Rate 'em.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Accurate? Hardly. Skill is a subjective thing, best measured relative to others. If I went completely based on mario-man's little chart, I'd be a Very-n00b-average-exp-good player, because, guess what, not everybody develops their game in a linear fashion the way he laid it out. Besides that, there's no point in rating yourself on an eight-point scale because what really matters is how many people are better than you in your area.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Chaddd is right XD. GO GA. And on a side note, if one more person that has not proven themselves to be decntly good by doing well when participating in at least 1 tourney with good players, then ima choke a *****. Cuz about 3/4 of the people posted saying they are above average, making every1 who is above average the average player because average is about the midpoint. Thus only people better than the above average players, or newly dubbed average players, should be considered the newly dubbed above average. We could either use the solution i just said, just so taht every1 feels good about themselves and says "im above average" but is really average, or every1 can just admit that they are not above average. That in no way applies to chaddd and forward. Any1 else...prove it somehow, unless u just wanna show the world youor opinion that has no basis for fact. Being able to apply tech skill btw should be considered average. Average players should be able to apply tech skill, as well as be able to implement mindgames to some extent. Mindgames are not just dashdancing and wavedashing backwards, but are instead what g-reg described in his thread about mindgames. Though he might have exaggerated slightly. Peace out.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Wow, isnt very good better than above average? So in accordance with what i said earlier...is very good the new average? Once again i posted what i could say now about above average in my last post, no point in repeating it, if no one actually read it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
So everyone that has posted they are very good, i've never heard of before.. and some have freely admitted they haven't been to a tourney

:confused:

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
KevinM...XD. I seriously think that the person b4 you was finally the first person to admit that they are not awesome. And the thing is, hes a smash director O.o

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm really awesome. So awesome that I get 3-stocked by anyone who actually matters.

...No, wait, that came out wrong.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
im confused

there should be one between very good and expert because i know all the advance stuff and masterd my marth and fox but im not watching myself on youtube.com.

im confused no longer

bjdavis420

Smash Journeyman
Haha, of course everyone who posts in this room is going to think they are expert/very good. I said I was good earlier, but I take it back and now think Im slightly above novice. Everyone who constantly beats on their friends who then tell them how awesome they are is obviously going to think they are great. Unless you have been to a tourny, or actively play players who do well in tournys, you REALLY don't know how good you are. Just b/c you know how to shffl, l cancel, and tech, doesn't mean you are that great. It only means you have the POTENTIAL to be good because you might be able to implement those in your game. Until you actually use those techniques against other players who ALSO know how to use them, you cant say you are that great. Anyone that knows advanced techs and can some what use them can definetly wail on a lesser, noob player, and LOOK like they are really good. Its when you play someone else who can use those same techniques against you that you really see how good you are. Dominating your friends only means that you are an expert amongst your buddies, not overall.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'm obviously a n00b. I only recently discovered how to Dazwa cancel a KevinM Dash in a Darc combo.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Me too eggz, I'm in the same boat as you and kevin..barely getting the advanced techs down and not winning very much at all.

EDIT: EPIC WIN WITH THE TRIPLE SAME TIME POST

Eggz

Smash Hero
Being a novice is so hard. None of the proz0r will play wiff me. =/

So, I retired my smash career in favor of baking cakes, which I am most certainly not novice at. =D

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok so lets have a running count out of boredom

N00b- nuro

Novice- Darc, Dazwa, KevinM, Reflex, Aiser, Bluedeath1000 and Eggz, Pine, Skler, Elen

Average Viva La Puff, Onyx Vulpin, Azelf's Brother

Above Average Teeman92, Paladin Marth, Kwesi, Divine Serphim, Chaos Leader, Azelf, Deathcarter, DrewbyDewBy

Very Good- -PM-, Che Lab, Puffball64, F8al, Flamin Roy, Haruno Kotetsu Bombe1c, Jem., Druggedfox

Expert Edgeswipe21, Brawl Pro, Choknater

Pro- X4FoSho4X, Banks

Legend

Lunasora- Lunasora

Yeah this one seems pretty accurate

Top Bottom