• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Skill Levels; What do you guys think?? Rate 'em.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Sorry if you don't like it, but I at least have somewhat of a life. I don't have the time to type that.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
LMAO.... why would this thread be indicative of having more of a life? Especially since you had time to respond to practically every response in this.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
dunno how 2 exactly place my self bc i never entered a tourney but got mindgames and tech skills down....prolly expert.....i should enter a tourney. I think there should be another category between verygood and expert theres a gap there.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
In my opinion, you can't be any higher than "Above Average" if you've never been to a tournament.

Binx

Smash Master
Well asside from the lack of mindgames, poor spacing, wreckless agression and the dash seizuring it wasnt half bad. I would put you at average though at best. Well probably way above average if you arent comparing yourself to SWF.

EDIT: never mind I assumed you were the fox until I looked at the names, you need to learn how to l cancel buddy.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's definitely at a decent level of competence, though it still proves my belief that one can't really get a feel for measuring themselves accurately until they've experienced some tournaments firsthand.

I agree with Binx's judgment.

Smashboozer

Smash Apprentice
Nice but KingJiggyWiggy did this like a week ago but it was character specific so yah for the non Bowser mains, good job

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
never mind I assumed you were the fox until I looked at the names said:
Me?! and ummm...can some one explain wats SWF? O and i am going 2 one soon hope i do good, prolly make some vids.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
that makes me feel sad :( i m not even average in SWF?...i hope ur not judging from the first vid bc i did better in the second one.

edgeswipe21

Smash Journeyman
lol o don't worry about stress theres plenty when we play (tats y i lost in there) bc we try KNOW whos better and post em so people see.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
lol o don't worry about stress theres plenty when we play (tats y i lost in there) bc we try KNOW whos better and post em so people see.
ya, there is plaenty of stress, here is a vid where u guyz mite notice it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TElxGO2hXWM

this is old so don't pay attention on how good or bad u guyz think we r, for that go and c matches# 3&4

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Um the main problem with this is that i can fit many places. I am not well known, nor will i ever beat my fave smashers at any character. I will never beat m2k in a fox or marth ditto, until maybe 3 years after he quits smash. If i play dashizwiz a GAZILLION MILLION BILLION times, i might get lucky and have him kill himself in our falco ditto. Im not well known on SWF. But on the other hand, i can do every single advanced tech with every one of my mains, and even some of my non mains consistently. There is not a single technical thing i have ever had a problem with, and i doubt there ever will be. My mindgames are definitely above average, so that puts me at expert, but the beginning part puts me at Very Good. If i play its like pro, and some people ARE like you got mindgamez'd son, and as said earlier i have mastered every single adv. tech. But i will definitely not even come near top 10 at a national tourney. So from this list i go from "Above Average" to "Pro", if you are looking at your description of each thing. Then again i did talk to dashizwiz for falco, and who knows, maybe if we had a set on one of his worse days i might be able to beat him in ONE match. So that being said, the only thing wrong with the list is that the players style is not factored in. Whether they are tehnical and have no mindgames, or are all mindgames and can barely pillar with falco. Or maybe they can do everything, but havent had enough experience yet. Thats what i have to say for now, and cya all XD

Kwesi

Smash Rookie
This is pretty cool I remember when I was a novice and I ***** with all the regular techs of the game then I learned about SHFFL-ing and Wavedashing so right now I would say I am Above Average.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Brawlpro...I believe this is the third thread that you have seen me make a long post LOL. But yea always make long posts, cuz i have big opinions. XD This is a good idea for a thread, but maybe u need to edit some of the skill levels.

mario-man

Smash Lord
More specific with your suggestions plz Druggedfox. If enough people agree, I will do it. As I posted AT LEAST twice already. XD

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Kewl. Maybe add another category. Or things about SWF recognition are not necessarily important, because there are many people who have SWF recognition that arent that good, yet there are many good people that i barely ever see on SWF. I might not have a lot of ideas now cuz im tired. But ill prolly post later with more ideas.

mario-man

Smash Lord
BigRick

Okay, 2 things.

1. I'm not saying that your recognition is why you are good. I'm saying that it is directly corresponding with it. If you are good, then you are going to have recognition. Sure there are people who are good who you don't "see on here very often", but that doesn't mean they are not well known on here. They most likely are.

2. Many people will disagree with what you said. I had another thread like this but it focused a little more on being funny, but not fully, and it had alot about tournament placings in it, and I practically got throttled for it. They kept saying that "you may do well in a tourney, but maybe all the ppl suck". Their point was well taken as you can see, cuz I added that detail this time around.

Top Bottom