• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Zucco

Smash Master
Meta is nowhere near our worst MU. You are either:
A. Drunk
B. Bad
C. Super drunk.

Zucco

Smash Master
hes my personal worst.

Junebug thinks snake is the hardest for lucario, followed by oli or marth(cant remember)

All I know is, IT AINT META

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Junebug was ****** that snake, but he did some things.

then again snake's like one of the biggest momentum based characters (aside from us obviously). He can come back with a huuuuuge swing.

I'd hate to be Ness in that MU. Grab pummel until he breaks -> ftilt sounds reaaaaaaally painful >.<

iRJi

Smash Champion
hes my personal worst.

Junebug thinks snake is the hardest for lucario, followed by oli or marth(cant remember)

All I know is, IT AINT META
I beg to differ. I personally feel it's metaknight. It varies for each Lucario from what I have seen though. I don't mind fighting anyone but metaknight, to be honest.

Meta is nowhere near our worst MU. You are either:
A. Drunk
B. Bad
C. Super drunk.
:dattrollface.jpeg:

Eh, I don't have such a hard time with DDD because I just stick to aerials and BAS. It's really not that scary if you avoid the ground as much as you can.

I really hate the spacies because idk. I just get juggled like a *****. I'd say your best option would be to be really patient and opportunistic, and try to time them out, lol.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Hardest MU is Definitely DDD.

everything after that usually depends on the lucario from what I noticed.

Bloodyknuxs

Smash Cadet
three of my friends play toon link, 2 of them main him. you learn to counter it. a lot of the time i play falco against tls, but when i do use lucario it really comes down to mind games and spacing. his aerials have higher priority, so i space with my fsmash and bairs. i never miss an opportunity to lead up on some aerial combos though, and i always have my aura sphere charged up.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Aura Sphere DK, a lot.

When he tries to DTilt:

A) If you don't trip be ready to jump before he tries to string Dtilt to his down Special.
B) DI away.
C) If you trip roll away ASAP.

If he tries to kill you with DSmash DI towards him, you won't die until around Snake Utilt kills you or higher.

DAir spamming is often met with USmash, UTilt, UAir, Bair, and other annoying stuff.

The thing is with DK he only has one linear approach. Shieldgrab BAir if you can.

DK really can't do anything besides a fast fall BAir if you're underneath him.

You can hit him on the ledge with Aura Spheres if he stays there too long.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Having 3 DKs in Socal forced me to learn that MU.

there are tricks you can abuse in this MU =3

FCAS greatly limits the amount he can bair you too

learn to dair upB etc.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If DK's bair can go through a fully charged AS when Lucario is at last stock high percent, there is something wrong...

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
ruined said:
DK:
dtilt:58(17)
utilt:68(18)
ftilt, non-angled:79(19)
ftilt, up angled:104(21)
bair:117(22)
uair:129(23)
dsmash:167(26)?
fsmash:never)
Too bad we're at kill % at that point...

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Lucario seriously cheats at crew battles.

And on top of that, I'm pretty sure the Lucs at SCSA were just plain better than the DKs there. <<

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
If you start out two stocks behind you're like starting the game at like 63%.

If you start out one stock behind you're like starting at 39%. In a crew battle if you had a really good Lucairo start out you'd potentially eliminate like 2-3 people right away due to lol Aura boosts.

D3 Guide Thread said:
Lucario: 55-45 (D3's favor)
Okay, what? We say its 60-40 them, so obviously we're probably overlooking some things.

Since most people agree that D3 is our worst matchup would you guys like to talk about him?

I think half the matchup is applying shield pressure, honestly. If you can shieldpoke him you juggle him pretty darn well.

I think BAS is really sexy in this MU.

1. Goes under thrown Waddles.
2. Applies some shield pressure.

Also if you're spaced at a pretty safe distance from his grabs how many of you beat up thrown Waddles for move refreshment?

Beating up Waddles with FAir or Jab allows you to string things better since they are stale. Plus juggling them in the air with Jab 1 prevents you from being hit by other Waddles and the random Gordo. Not to mention that you can extend your hitboxes. Seriously, there's no risk in doing this at a safe distance and you definitely want to keep AS and FSmash fairly fresh when killing him.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
two things:

Waddles will not go over BAS much unless SH/FH thrown, which in the grand scheme of things is irrelevant because we outcamp + waddles don't force an approach very well at all, and you are correct however at batting them away w/ stuff, I wouldn't use smashes because you need to keep those things fresh + they have a little more commitment, which means a little more risk (although also irrelevant if he's far away) aka you're correct on batting them away, you don't need the distraction of a waddle attacking lol.
BAS is meh for shield pressure, good DDDs usually learn to powershield tons of stuff (since shield is like at least 1/2 of their game lol), there's a zone where you want to STOP firing, charge and pocket it, because at one point in time he has enough time to dash shield grab you.

2: If you're getting utilted, it means you're not spacing around him right. Fair can still be used at higher percents safely when spaced, but if you're thinking of crossing over or dairing, be very cautious.

Other than that, pretty much true for said things, except that ratio. I'm sad to say this, but ftilt, bair and shield are all pretty hard to get around, ftilt's best counter (aside from being in the air/shielding it) at higher percents if you space juuuuust right is strutter stepped fsmash. Bair will be used to cover up crossups sometimes, and if you are out of grab range, so you really have to be moving from air to ground. Then DDD shield is DDD shield :\
I would take the guide's ratio with a grain of salt since it doesn't explain WHY it's 45:55.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dedede is also one of those matchups where getting the first kill may make a difference because he lives forever. But it's not as bad as say Snake.

Pitbuller26

Smash Lord
First thing is, don't let the grenades stress you out. That's the most fundamental thing in the match against Snake. Next step is to learn the hitbox of ftilt and utilt so once you get in that space of each move's range you know how to punish accordingly.

If you get a grab on Snake, uthrow him. Juggling is our main source of damage against Snake and once you get him off stage HARASS THE **** OUT OF HIM.

Watch out of the dash attack as it comes out pretty quick.

Here's a video of me playing Brian H who plays a decent Snake, not the best but decent. Though I did get lucky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daEVVRWZ6Z4

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
7% moves knock Snake out of Cypher (not DAir if its staled).

12% Spheres blow up Nades automatically, BAS will cling (use this for mindgames).

Snake's Dash takes five frames to hit you.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
The first thing I had to learn before I got close to beating good snakes is DON'T rush the match. Also snakes have some surprising edge guarding techniques to make sure you mix it up.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Oh and be careful about throwing out even partial charge Aura Spheres because they might just run into a nade that's either on the ground or one that blows up in your face. If you can force grenades to cling near Snake or push Snake away from a shield dropped Nade with a BAS/low partial charge Sphere you get to apply delicious shield pressure, which makes approaching him easier.

Become familiar with the trajectory of thrown Nades like even on Frigate, Halberd (ban this stage), or Lylat if he throws a nade down at a slanted part pay attention to where it lands.

C4 auto-explodes at 27.5 seconds iirc, so keep an eye on that timer.

Oh and if you know he has to C4 recover you might want to chase him offstage if you can, let him sticky you, and if he does he will fall to his death. This will not happen often, but I remember seeing this in MikeHAZE vs. Ally once.

Become familiar with ranges where you can hassle his shield or him in the air and not accidentally blow up a nade.

iRJi

Smash Champion
If you start out two stocks behind you're like starting the game at like 63%.

If you start out one stock behind you're like starting at 39%. In a crew battle if you had a really good Lucairo start out you'd potentially eliminate like 2-3 people right away due to lol Aura boosts.

Okay, what? We say its 60-40 them, so obviously we're probably overlooking some things.

Since most people agree that D3 is our worst matchup would you guys like to talk about him?

I think half the matchup is applying shield pressure, honestly. If you can shieldpoke him you juggle him pretty darn well.

I think BAS is really sexy in this MU.

1. Goes under thrown Waddles.
2. Applies some shield pressure.

Also if you're spaced at a pretty safe distance from his grabs how many of you beat up thrown Waddles for move refreshment?

Beating up Waddles with FAir or Jab allows you to string things better since they are stale. Plus juggling them in the air with Jab 1 prevents you from being hit by other Waddles and the random Gordo. Not to mention that you can extend your hitboxes. Seriously, there's no risk in doing this at a safe distance and you definitely want to keep AS and FSmash fairly fresh when killing him.
Keep in mind the d3 boards are also the worse boards on the SWF. Most of their information is irrelevant.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Ah...

Hey would you guys like me to edit the pic in the OP with current MU ratios?

(Also, shouldn't we go an even 50:50 with Pit and 60:40 with Weegee? Also possibly 60:40 or 55:45 against TL?)

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Ah...

Hey would you guys like me to edit the pic in the OP with current MU ratios?

(Also, shouldn't we go an even 50:50 with Pit and 60:40 with Weegee? Also possibly 60:40 or 55:45 against TL?)
Why wouldn't you update the graphic ratio graphics?

I think we still have the Diddy match-up wrong. The match up is in diddy's favor. When has a top level lucario ever beat a top level diddy in tourney? Show me the vid.

The luigi match up is fine where it is. If you know how not to get combo'd early in the game with luigi you are just fine.

Top Bottom