• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Steam

Smash Hero
Does anyone else here think brinstar is a great stage to take ROB to? The stage setup itself promotes air fighting, Lava/Acid can put Rob above us and can be used as a last resort to avoid gimps, the lava also makes gyro bounce up and down so if we throw it there he can be without gyro awhile. the funky flooring also ****s with rob's jectiles.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Does anyone else here think brinstar is a great stage to take ROB to? The stage setup itself promotes air fighting, Lava/Acid can put Rob above us and can be used as a last resort to avoid gimps, the lava also makes gyro bounce up and down so if we throw it there he can be without gyro awhile. the funky flooring also ****s with rob's jectiles.
Then he breaks the floor and camps you to death. I'm sorry, I really don't think that'd be a good idea. Brinstar hurts us more than ROB imo.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
ROB's hard because he can turn a lot of stages to his favor.

BF imo really screws him over.

I'm partial to using Yoshi's possibly as well.

Brinstar actually sounds fine, but at the same time the possibility of hard camping could exist. I don't see the stage break off very often period though, and last time I sent t0mmy there I did okay, so I guess that might be plausible. Just watch out for lol hitboxes that last even longer because of all the stuff on the stage extending them.

Neutral stages are better, most stages with gimmicks to throw off your approaching and let him chip away are bad. Ones that also have a lot of offstage shenanigans are nasty too, I can assure you ROB has a more secure recovery than we do.

Steam

Smash Hero
when the floor on brinstar breaks it doesnt stay broken for long at all. I'll test brinstar out against our ROB when I get the chance.

oh and it doesnt mean anything but Luc can wall cling on brinstar if the floor is gone.

@phil-the organic parts that extend duration of hitboxes extend ours too. but it would only really help our fsmash and ftilt and ftilt sucks against rob anyways

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Brinstar *****.

as long as you don't get juggled during the lava.

god help you if you get juggled during the high lava VS ROB.

Croissant

Smash Apprentice
Lucario probably counter-picks rob best at BF, Lylat, or Yoshi's
It all depends on how comfortable the rob is with the platforms for BF.
Lylat and yoshi's island make it hard for rob to pick up tops and give the lasers weird angles.
Also, lylat has really close walls which help lucario kill rob off the side.

Steam

Smash Hero
Lylat and yoshi's island make it hard for rob to pick up tops and give the lasers weird angles.
Brinstar has all these things even more than YI and lylat, although lylat keeps changing. Brinstar has pretty small blast zones too iirc

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
besides, the gyro I would think wouldn't be as effective, merely because it doesn't have a floor to land on when the land breaks, so unless it's fully charged, I'd think it would be pretty avoidable.

Then again, he has all the time in the world to charge his gyro.

Steam

Smash Hero
It's still really easy to see comming when he's firing it from a distance while we're chilling on the other side and laser is easy to PS, and if we can grab gyro we can make the lava juggle it for us.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
besides, the gyro I would think wouldn't be as effective, merely because it doesn't have a floor to land on when the land breaks, so unless it's fully charged, I'd think it would be pretty avoidable.

Then again, he has all the time in the world to charge his gyro.
He can intentionally bounce the gyro on the floor to make a wall like Diddy can on the stage. :\

That's a pro for ROB, not a con.

Steam

Smash Hero
Rob will likely end up having to use a jectile to break the floor if he cant break it all with Dtilt, I think he can though. But there are still so many ways around a camping ROB =/

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Rob will likely end up having to use a jectile to break the floor if he cant break it all with Dtilt, I think he can though. But there are still so many ways around a camping ROB =/
Or he could jump under it and uair, or simply dsmash on top of it.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
And since it takes longer for his stuff to finish on the breakable part, since every hit is hitting we have more time to come in and hit him with a Sphere or something.

Is BF really that great for us? I think its easier for him to USmash us there or generally punish our landing lag on the platforms and such.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
His aerials don't nearly work with the platform design there. BF in general is a decent stage for campier characters who also happen to have somewhat worse aerials (like TL, although his aerials might be about on par with ours if not better). Still, anything that disables ftilt and dsmash more while making nair and bair a little unwieldy is good in my book. OS made a very extensive article about how nearly every character is better off against ROB on BF.

Getting usmashed means you were not playing smart, whether that means not shielding, rolling on plats (a terrible thing to do PERIOD), or getting caught off-guard by a far glide toss, it's really hampering. B-reversals and dair stall help with landing on and off plats, so there's not really that much of a difference when playing smart. I'd frankly be more worried about getting baired/naired or hit by a fair string on the way down. I mean usmash does happen, but it's far less of a threat imo especially in this sort of a scenario than these others merely because it either doesn't have the speed, mobility (minus glidetossing, also easy to see coming), and it's harder in general to limit options with it as opposed to those other options (like trapping moving air dodges).

The other bonus side of so many plats is how it tweaks his camp game. The plats in general help aid you with approaching, gyro can only hit you if he jumps (remember, it only flies on a low trajectory)

and it helps with laser to an extent.

Also, I agree with this:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
BF is an okay stage vs ROB.

Needless to say, don't get SNIPER-ed by his lazers.

Zucco

Smash Master
since when was gyro the cause of problems in the MU? id be worried about getting gimped like steam said, so I would rather just stick to something simple.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gyro should be thought more as something to annoy and distract more than anything.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
since when was gyro the cause of problems in the MU? id be worried about getting gimped like steam said, so I would rather just stick to something simple.
Yeah ROB's gimp game isn't a joke. He's probably one of the best gimpers outside of like MK or Marth especially to our "Extreme hurtbox" recovery.

Gyro should be thought more as something to annoy and distract more than anything.
Yes^

ROB's game consists mainly of that: using Gyro to keep you distracted/interrupt, then hit at you with aerials. I'd say Lucario and ROB are easily 50/50 when it comes to aerial game HORIZONTALLY, but if you're under ROB, you've practically stuck a fork in him.

All ROB can do if you're below him is Nair like I said before, or Dair, and he probably won't be Dairing you unless you're offstage, in which case you probably shouldn't be below him in the first place. And then there's the very off chance that he could Z-Drop a Gyro onto you, but that's really nothing to worry about.

His laser is really situational in that if you're grounded, you can PS it EASILY, but if you're offstage, he can snipe you with a max shot. That's a lazy ROB/decayed ROB's best option, because it's safe and laser usually stays fresh.

--

Imo, BF is a good stage for both ROB and Lucario, but that might just be me. In my defence, I use the platforms to set up quick aerial strings, but Cario can do the same, and you can UTilt a ROB from below. I'd say BF is 55-45 in your favor.

Brinstar is bad for ROB, as the general consensus goes. Even though he can break the organics and camp from there, it's too small of a stage to do it effectively, and truth be told, the acid will cause problems for him. Use the lingering hitboxes with the organics effectively and carefully.

RC seems like a good stage for ROB, because ROB is generally more manoeuverable in the air than Lucario, but IDK because I've never really been taken there. On the other hand, the close blast lines mean easy throw kills for you, so use it to your advantage, eg, when you're in the final transformation where the stage rushes down to the first transformation, risk a grab to UThrow for ridiculously low percent kills.

--

I'll post more later as people bring more topics up.

Zucco

Smash Master
yeah bro, I kill with dtilt all the time.

/sarcasm

****ty move is ****ty. jab is wheres its at.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dtilt people hanging on the edge...it works well for me at least...

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
i found out just how predictable i become with uptilt when my sister perfect shielded it.

5 times in a row. D=

but i digress. back to ROB

Top Bottom