• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SINGLES Lucario Match-Ups and Directory! Mario will brb saving a princess

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
There's a little mistake on the first post. The link to the Peach matchup is the same as the one for Wolf.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
If we really need to move on to another character Pit or Toon Link sound like reasonable choices seeing that they seem fairly viable.

speaking of which, if do you still need someone to update the Match-up chart? I'd be glad to update it if brrr gives me the PSD.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
I remember tink got tossed aside for pika. lol. I say pit next. My sis is starting to main him and i need MU info before it gets annoying.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
If we really need to move on to another character Pit or Toon Link sound like reasonable choices seeing that they seem fairly viable.

speaking of which, if do you still need someone to update the Match-up chart? I'd be glad to update it if brrr gives me the PSD.
Yes, I do actually. Do you feel up to it?
As for everyone else:
We need ratios + next discussed char. Sounds like Toon Link or Pit is in order.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
I feel asleep for most of the recent matchups. I've just been trying to live my life now. On the other hand, I GOT INTO COLLEGE! YAY ME! Next up is a job. Then I'll be able to travel compeditively again!

In all honesty, I think we've run out of match ups with people that actually give Lucario trouble. No offense to Sonics, but Kita is dead right. Basically, anything we do matches Sonic for most anything he can do. This is definitely one of our "breather" match ups, and I don't think that Sonic rates a ratio any higher than a 60:40 Lucario. Personally, a Skilled Lucario against a Skilled Sonic can make the match up even more in his favor. Atleast a 60:40 Lucario, Minimal.

And I think Pit should be done next. He's suppost to be S tier in Japan, so I wonder why he's only B ranked in America. I think there is untapped potential in Pit. ANd we should make sure we know who we are fighting, before the storm of the 2 Winged Angel sucks us all in and rips us apart.

:flame:

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Yes, I do actually. Do you feel up to it?
As for everyone else:
We need ratios + next discussed char. Sounds like Toon Link or Pit is in order.
I'M UP FOR THE TASK :3 just hit me up on my AIM x3 [FlameWaveK (no period)]

It really doesn't matter to me who we discuss between those 2. Both have annoying shields and shoot projectiles out like every second :<

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
i think for Lucario vs sonic it is 60:40 Lucario's advantage, possibly 65:35.. maybe

...i know i already gave my matchup ratio estimate, but incase you all missed it i posted it again >.>

i agree with Da-D-Mon-109. i even have a vid to help show our advantage against pit, even if we are outplayed the whole match

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
My vote goes towards Toon Link. I have alot of experience due to my brother maining him and after Tink we can do the Pit MU.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
I say we do neither and actually do a matchup that we don't completely destroy if you have a basic understanding of Lucario like Marth or DDD.

hint hint

Timbers

check me out
due to losing my life, somewhat, I'm on here a little more often. I'll continue updating the chart for you phil, as it's pretty messy anyways.

iRJi

Smash Champion
due to losing my life, somewhat, I'm on here a little more often. I'll continue updating the chart for you phil, as it's pretty messy anyways.
???

Also, sorry for being a bit inactive. I have been into other important threads that are going on. I will pay attention later =]

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Ok so it looks like we are doing Pit. Also Phil are you going to put the Sonic MU as 60:40 or 65:35?

EDIT: Ya! 41,000 post in the Lucario Boards!

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
**** you guys who say 65:35. Stop talking, you haven't played good sonics.

As for TL and Pit, let's just do them both at the same time. They're easy MUs, both probably somewhere in the counter range from a lack of KO power.

The_Bear735

Smash Journeyman
l2read&type better. It's just longer posts. Look at this magic trick I do!

PIT:

wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords

TL:

wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords

oh noes I have to html code whatever shall I do.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I really don't see the problem with doing Toon Link and Pit at the same time. All it really takes is a little bit of common sense to do, and might I add Bear did an excellent exmaple of this common sense. :) Hopefully Phil gives the okay.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If it is between Pit or TL, I could offer some advice on either.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I will do two separate posts on them.

Pit:

What moves or tactics should we watch out for?
-Arrows are probably the number one thing that will first come to mind. When the match starts, be prepared for an arrow to the face. Arrows are just good at annoying, good for camping, decent for edgeguarding, and just overall versatile and fast. Note that it can clank/cancel with a lot of Lucario's moves, but arrows are one of the faster projectiles in the game and can be charged. Sadly, some Pits rely on arrows too much for their own good...just go look at the number of ATs for arrows!

-Angel Ring and Mirror Shield: two reflectors! Needless to say, do NOT spam Aura Sphere haphazardly in this match. Getting a AS reflected to the face is not fun and can kill you. BE CONSERVATIVE WITH AS. Alternatively, you can still hit Pit while he is using these moves, but you must learn how:
--For Mirror Shield, you can hit Pit's head and legs, but you have to be super accurate. You can try to time Aura Sphere so that he LANDS on it while using Mirror Shield. Remember, it only protects his immediate front, so his body is still a hurtbox. Also, a grounded one has Super Armor right when Pit takes the shield out, but this rarely happens.
--Same rules essentially apply to Angel Ring, it only protects his immediate front. His body is still a hurtbox. You can hit his head or feet, but you have to be super precise. Also, Angel Ring has slightly more startup lag, I think.
Overall, if they try to reflect a projectile and miss, you can punish them during their cooldown lag.

-Mirror Shield can reflect and turn you around when you connect with any non-projectile move, including fsmash's Aura. I'm not sure if it affects Lucario's recovery. Regardless, be aware of this property.

-Fsmash is one of his main kill moves, and they love to spam it for damage. You can SDI the first hit and avoid the second, but you must have good reaction. Comes out super fast and doesn't have much ending lag.

-Bair is another kill move to watch out. Initial frames are the strong hit, but the later frames are weaker. Think of it as a sexkick.

-His Dtilt can spike, but it's very rare that a Pit will land it. Just know that it can.

-His Utilt comes out super fast.

-He has a glide, so watch out for his glide attack.

-Nair and Uair are multihitting moves and last for a pretty long time. Lucario's dair can challenge his uair, but don't be surprised if he hits you. I'm not sure about Pit's nair vs Lucario's fair. Also, Pit's uair can reach through thin floors near the edge, like PS1, so watch out for this tactic. But if you see a Pit try this, use dair. The result will be a stage spike. :)

What moves or tactics should we try to enforce in this match up?
-Learn to control Aura Spheres. In terms of ground game, Lucario probably wins in this department as long as you keep yourself well spaced. Aerial game, both have pretty good.
-If you're trying to recover, expect LOTS of arrows to be shot at you. Fair can clank/cancel arrows.
-If a Pit is recovering with his UpB, try to hit him out of it. If he doesn't cancel it, it will mean automatic death. But if the Pit is recovering low, expect them to fly under the stage to the other edge, or be risky and try to mindgame you and then go back to the original edge.
-Don't let arrows pressure you. Getting frustrated will not help you.

Do you feel Lucario has an advantage in any particular scenario of this matchup?
-I believe it is evenish overall, slightly in Lucario's favor. If you want numbers 55:45 or 60:40 at most.

Do you feel the opponent can shut down aspects of Lucario's game?
-Just don't be spam happy with Aura Sphere. Otherwise, not particularly.

Counterpicks? What to avoid and what to enforce?
-The usual Yoshi's to start off, if not then, then anything else would be fine. I would avoid FD if possible. I don't think there are any particularly strong Pit neutrals other than FD.
-Counterpicks...I find Frigate to be okay, but Luigi's is good choice too, I guess. Large stages without any platforms allow unhindered arrows and hit and run tactics. Try to avoid them if you hate arrows. Some Pit players love Norfair because it is big, has lots of edges, and can promote hit and run tactics. Some might try to take you to Rainbow Cruise. PS2 has the ice part which allows Pit to cross along the entire stage with one Angel Ring.

I'll probably change some stuff if I can think of anything else to say. Expect TL sometime today or tomorrow.

Top Bottom