• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Single BUTTON ! !

Falcos_feather

Smash Apprentice
Remember "Single button" from melee?

1.Which brawl character do ye think would do best in this mode? (A+button + Ctrl-stick) ?

2.And which brawl character do ye think would do best in (only B-button + Ctrl-stick) ?

------------------

1. MK

2. Samus

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Oh, man, I hated that mode. Mostly because I couldn't jump for crap due to the lack of Y and X. >_>

Um... answers, then.
1. Snake?
2. Meta Knight?
...I'm not entirely sure. I just see them as having strong moves in that category and since people complaina bout them being "cheap" all the time... :/

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hmm... I think Marth would be the best with the B moves only, and maybe Metaknight for the A moves...

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
MK of course. You can basically just spam up smashes and there is nothing the opponent can do about it since they can't air dodge. That and his down smash and forward tilt are also very good. Down smash makes it hard to recover and f-tilt refreshes stale moves well. Also, his recovery is broken since he can glide and since he has 5 jumps.

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
1) Meta Knight. This is like no contest whatsoever

For the B moves, though
1) Meta Knight. He has the tornado. He has Shuttle Loop. Oh and let's not forget his Down B for infinite stall.
Side B may be used now and then as well
2) Marth. Marth is a good example of a great B moves only character. His Side B is a great punisher and keeps his Up B fresh. His Up B is an amazing kill move. Shield Breaker is a great ranged weapon and decimates shields. Finally, he's got Counter....to Counter things like Falcon Punch.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
1) MK or Marth... please don't sleep on fair wall of pains and auto-cancelled nairs... Snake has some nice A moves as well.
2) Marth, Kirby, or MK.

Falcos_feather

Smash Apprentice
Note that Olimar would be useless in single button (A) .. Wouldn't be alble to pluk Pikmin at all =)

1. MK, Snake

2. MK, Lucario, Marth, Samus, Dedede, Bowser.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Maybe Olimar would be good in single button mode.

His neutral jab combo does 15% damage.

But metaknight would be annoying in that mode.

Snake would probably kill easily because his jab can kill. Ike's as well.

luvs2pluck

Smash Apprentice
I feel like olimar would be by far the worst for both options. With A only he wouldnt have pikmin after his first three die so he would be stuck with nolimar moves (absolutely no KO moves). And with B only he could just latch and use up B as an attack.

1. Snake

2. Marth

~rh

Smash Lord
MK of course.

He wins with only A in a regular match anyways.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
1. Meta Knight
2. Meta Knight

Is there really any doubt? Most MK's win with the second method, anyways. >>

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
MK + MK.

10annoyinglybrokencharacters

crewster

Smash Lord
I've got a idea for a nother mode. It could be a stage builder stage with spring on the botton row and 4 blocks at the top (for spawning) it would be on a large size stage. and it would be ariel mode. I think Toon Link would be best.:)
wot do u think.:)

brinboy789

Smash Champion
MK of course. You can basically just spam up smashes and there is nothing the opponent can do about it since they can't air dodge. That and his down smash and forward tilt are also very good. Down smash makes it hard to recover and f-tilt refreshes stale moves well. Also, his recovery is broken since he can glide and since he has 5 jumps.
upsmash is MKs WORST move. it sux. i dont ever recall using it except for the first time tryign it out and noticing that it sucks so badly that ill never use it again.

Super_Luigi_128

Smash Rookie
As the first two people in the thread have said, A goes to Snake due to tilts, and B to Meta-Knight for what they are, and how they can all be used for recovery.

Top Bottom