• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple facts that you may not know...

clubbadubba

Smash Master
wow aa that guide just has everything, see it must be good! And next time I find something new about the game, I'll hoard it all to myself for fear of being called out :(

clubbadubba

Smash Master
haha i've have not read your guide, but my actual inclination is that it is good. aka, i would never mock your guide. I thought I found something knew, and 2 people said they already knew it within the hour, I suck lol.

The Star King

Smash Hero
well it took me a long time to realize IIRC

the fact that some things surprise me show how I was raised with Melee not 64 lol

SSBPete

Smash Lord
you never knew this clubba?

it's most noticable when jab upsmash with fox usually only kills if they havn't hit the ground first

there are plently of other examples too

M!nt

Smash Champion
Well to be honest I didn't know about that, but its not really useful knowledge so oh well.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
it's most noticable when jab upsmash with fox usually only kills if they havn't hit the ground first
does it reduce knockback as well then? Or is knockback only ever calculated for after the damage from the attack is added?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
confirmed that the difference in knockback is entirely due to the difference in damage

also this is important for Fox as Pete said - sometimes jab usmash won't work if the jab doesn't pop them high enough and they hit the ground during the usmash (and miss the opportunity to tech)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
lots of moves are affected at low-ish percents, and you have to react (shock horror) with a tech punish attempt instead of going for braindead combos (although the jab u-smash still works and is unpunishable due to being at high-ish percent)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Half damage (rounded up) to be precise
If you round something up, you can't exactly expect it to be precise, can you? ;)

But I actually didn't know this as well. It's quite a useful fact because Ness can just PKT himself in to the ground and wait for ppl to come along, whereby he kicks them or something. If they get to him before he does so, well, it's not so bad. I guess if they shield though... But everyone knows you can let go of shield 10 seconds before it ACTUALLY stops being there. :p

asianaussie

Smash Hero

no offense, but that's a terrible use of the fact: being knocked down is never advantageous unless your opponent goes down with you (see, link throwing bomb at his feet, teching and praying his opponent doesn't - hint: they will always roll away if they miss the tech)

also ness is bad etc

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yah, no i know it has a lot of holes, actually. But I think there must be some use for it....

And all this Ness is bad stuff....

Don't start. :I

Sangoku

Smash Master
A reflected projectile deals more damage. This is only true up to 100%, then you can reflect all you want without changing the power of the move.

Needless to say that you can try that with two Foxs shining, only Ness can verify that.

Sangoku

Smash Master
1.8, rounded up to the greater integer. Found it in my own thread >__>. Silly me I should have checked before saying dumb things. Anyway the "important" part of my above post is the limit thing.

The Star King

Smash Hero
^I think he meant that the damage of the projectile won't go above 100%, not that the damage of the projectile won't increase if the character reflecting is above 100%...

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
if two foxes double reflect ness's pk thunder, the game freezes. it'll also grow two tails, which is nifty.

at least, mine does, without fail.

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
If the tornado gets you and is going to throw you up while being under the rapetent you can tech when hitting the ground. I have never seen anyone doing this. This can be really helpful imo.

Sangoku

Smash Master
You can reflect yoshi's down b.
I finally thought about verifying that, and I'm pretty sure you were talking about the little stars and not the actual down b. Just clarifying so that no one else feels the need to check lol.

And Tim, I think most of the time people just miss the tech timing.

B Link

Smash Lord
The yellow ring that shows up when you tech is the same ring as the one you see when you grab the ledge.

I finally thought about verifying that, and I'm pretty sure you were talking about the little stars and not the actual down b. Just clarifying so that no one else feels the need to check lol.
Yeah woops...the stars.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
on saffron, luigi and mario's fireballs will go into the pokemon cave when its open and then bounce back out. Never really thought about what would happen before.

Even cooler is kirby turning around in place real fast. He looks so happy

Olikus

Smash Champion
im not sure so this might be a question too. But do the crowd allywas clap if you are DK and throw some ofstage and hit them with a up right after? At least they allways do it when I do it.

1nf3ct3d

Smash Rookie
If the tornado gets you and is going to throw you up while being under the rapetent you can tech when hitting the ground. I have never seen anyone doing this. This can be really helpful imo.
I do that always and im a noob.. havent you known that?
@the rest

Top Bottom