• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple facts that you may not know...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
If ness is in the middle of jumping, and uses PK fire, but before he actually shoots the bolt out, you happen to hit the ground, the move doesn't cancel, but instead corrects itself and just goes straight along the ground.

Musketeer04

Smash Cadet
With Falcon, if you second jump and immediately upb by a ledge, you will cancel the upb by grabbing the ledge (like Ness' upb ledge cancel). Too hard to perform to be usefull though.

Yoshi can jump OoS :troll:.

You can turn around Dreamland with pika, no matter what direction (you can start left or right).

Cool thread idea btw.

Oh also, this one I heard from superboomfan: DK's dash attack clanks with Kirby's utilt and give him a frame advantage over Kirby.
What do you mean by turning Dreamland around?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i doubt anyone would suicide in a match that mattered unless the match had been declared null and void

if samus fires her full charge shot but is grabbed before the plasma ball comes out, she will retain the flashing arm cannon until thrown (and then she loses it, of course)

M!nt

Smash Champion
What do you mean? Game Freak is a Nintendo exclusive developer sooo

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Well technically, Game Freak is a second-party developer, so I guess Pokemon aren't 1st party, but they aren't 3rd party either.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Yeah, I got my information from Wikipedia. I remember seeing 2nd party developers mentioned as I was looking up 3rd party developers ages ago and I remembered seeing Gamefreak listed under 2nd, so that's what jogged my memory.

yani

Smash Lord
I recall someone claiming that at that time, Game Freak was still third party. Not sure if true though.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
it doesn't matter whether game freak in particular was third party, it matters who owned the trademarks etc on Pokemon. According to a quick wikipedia check Nintendo owned the rights to Pokemon from the beginning (even if they contracted out the development of the games to Game Freak)

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^^ related to that, i was wondering, when is the staleness of non-projectile moves determined--when the windup starts or when it hits or what. So like say mario threw a fireball, and then before the fireball hit started to do a fully stale fsmash. Between starting the fsmash and hitting with it, the fireball hits the opponent. Is the fsmash one level less stale, or is it still fully stale because the move started before the fireball actually hit.

The Star King

Smash Hero
technically you can jab-cancel grab with any character, it's just that Pika/Ness/Mario/Luigi are the only ones to get a hitbox out in time

maybe people knew this but I was too DUM to realize this

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i didn't know, but to be honest i didn't care either

concerning 'out in time'

what's the factor limiting the time? the end of the jab animation's supposed duration?

The Star King

Smash Hero
uh probably just you can only cancel a jab with a grab in a certain number of frames after start-up

Just checked antdgar's frame data and Pikachu/Ness/Mario/Luigi all have a hitbox out in 1 frame so I guess you have to cancel it in 1 frame + hitlag frames if you hit. But wait that can't be right because I can see at least 2 distinct frames in which it can be canceled (training mode 1/4 speed) so I think antdgar's chart LIES and it's actually 2. Someone TAS this.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
when a character is lying stunned on the ground, he takes less damage from attacks than normal. Found this out the other day in training mode, and no it wasn't stale moves, I checked.

Top Bottom