• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Simple facts that you may not know...

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
maybe what he is doing is upBing, then is controlling the direction of the upB by 'DIing' (which would still move him to the place he is 'DIing' towards.

maybe.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't remember AntD say that, but again I wasn't even there when he was, so maybe his post got flooded by other things. I know some people used to say that though (such as dandan). It seems weird and shouldn't be called DI anyway, since Falcon isn't hit by an attack, implying no DIing frames. And if he's hit, you can DI but there's obviously no UpB anymore.

We should test to see if there's a difference between tilting left or right fully or mashing/sliding.

dandan

Smash Lord
i have said it a couple of times, but have not really checked it out, it was just a feeling i got from playing him.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Surri used to say that. I proposed it on the boards a while ago, but SK/ballin' shot it down like they were pretty certain, so I was like "OK."

The Star King

Smash Hero
Surri used to say that. I proposed it on the boards a while ago, but SK/ballin' shot it down like they were pretty certain, so I was like "OK."
I did? I'm not sure if it does or not, although I don't see why it would.

@kys I think that was caused by DK extending his hurtbox with the ftilt.

Battlecow

Play to Win
-The CPU's get easier every time you get a game over in 1p mode

-Kirby's up-B (and maybe other stuff?) can cause you to die on the same frame as someone else, leading to the person with port priority winning.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I was testing Battlecow's port priority (it's actually reverse, 4>3>2>1) with Jigglypuff shieldbreaks and I found something.

Player 1 always gets the kill for any Jigglypuff shieldbreak, including getting one on himself if he does a Puff shieldbreak (usually SDs do not increase your kill count).

And even if Player 1 is not in the game, the "SCORE +1" will appear over where the Player 1 stocks would be.

What's more, this only works if the Player 1 controller isn't plugged in? If it's plugged in, the "SCORE +1" will appear above Player 2's stocks, even though the victory screen will show Player 2 didn't actually get the kill lolwut.

wtf

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Jiggs's shield is just wack in general. Why does its breaking cause her to die? And ONLY her? Does it have something to do with the fact that she has the largest shield (advantage?) and this was HAL's way of evening out the score? Pretty weird, though, with the score display....

Regarding Falcon's Up+B, by increasing the "range", are you referring to the actually height/length of the recovery? Or the attack hitbox?

Sangoku

Smash Master
I said it in my thread, jiggly's shield doesn't have more stamina. It is indeed bigger in size, which helps covering her whole body, but Yoshi's is even better. And he doesn't die from shieldbreak.

:phone:

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Well, yeah, I never said it had more stamina. It's just bigger, which resists shield pokes.

However, I suppose that's actually a disadvantage in Jiggs's case, since it increases the risk of her shield breaking, which in turn leads to death.

chuckj

Smash Journeyman
Jiggs's shield is just wack in general. Why does its breaking cause her to die? And ONLY her? Does it have something to do with the fact that she has the largest shield (advantage?) and this was HAL's way of evening out the score? Pretty weird, though, with the score display....

Regarding Falcon's Up+B, by increasing the "range", are you referring to the actually height/length of the recovery? Or the attack hitbox?
only attack hitbox, in my experience at least

Linkshot

Smash Hero
They set her launch height to absurd numbers because you're essentially popping a balloon.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
if you di well enough
jiggs/weegis/marios/ dair can send you higher.

kirby can fsmash-insta brick for a cool low % combo off the edge

kirby's jump after he emerges from the brick is too high for some dsmashes/dtils

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Some common ones

Mario's D-Tilt reaches further forward than his D-Smash.
Hanging from a ledge long enough will cause you to start falling with the spiralling animation (but you will be able to jump)
This thread is suddenly featured up the top :O

Battlecow

Play to Win
Link's initial bomb hitbox cannot hurt you, nor can it hurt a teammate of yours if team attack is off. Throwing the bomb directly at your teammate will simply cause the bomb to go right through them. However, the explosion hitbox can hurt you and/or your teammates.

This is one reason why you rarely take as much damage as your opponent when you both get bomb'd.

Most of you prolly knew this already, but I've seen people try to rescue their teammates with bombs a couple of times, only to stare aghast as it flies right on through.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Puff can short hop onto the middle DL platform from the right platform but not from the left. WHY. Stop being weird Puff.

Oh, and since I've only posted useless obscure ****, I'll post something useful I see a lot of people not take advantage of - if spaced correctly, Pikachu's uair is one of the few aerials (the only?) that can beat Kirby's utilt. And Pika's uair beats all of Kirby's aerials as well so you're golden.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Is there a frames list for each character anywhere?

hmmm, i read some data, and some says kirbys up tilt is 4, while other areas say it's 6 -_-

stop sucking @ lists guys -____-

I'm gonna look for a hitbox list now
both by the same person

u-tilt is 4 frames to come out

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
The one that everyone knows is that in many cases the last little flip on ness' recovery is often what saves him from far away places. Sucks that he didn't have as pronounced a flip as he does in 64.

While the noob is here he'll also say: on 200% damage, set in the menu screen, you can sometimes survive fox's throws, but never ness' throws. (not counting bouncing off the wall of the ship in the Z-sector)

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
Pika, Luigi, Kirby and Ness are the only characters who can get high enough to suicide when standing on the top platform on Hyrule.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Uair? You mean Upb? But that doesn't count I guess since there is the need for another player. If you count that, you should also think of Mario ladder.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Uair? You mean Upb? But that doesn't count I guess since there is the need for another player. If you count that, you should also think of Mario ladder.
the up+b was implied

i only mentioned it because it's not that hard to do, and can be a common occurrence in matches if you so desire

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Really? I swear i''ve done that with samus.... Ahh well.

I'm also reasonably sure that red shells can be deflected with ness's bat, but it doesn't help much, unless you have someone reasonably close to you. :3

And.... Ness can get his PK thunder 2 in on Mushroomy Kingdom, under the platform on the left (and not by taking it out and then manouvring it back in top the area, I mean a small circle directly where you are. It's just so rediculously hard it's not worth it. thats probably known though.

Top Bottom