• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SiiS5! STrEAM UPPPP Unlimited arcade gaming! avg:100+ attendees

When should SiiS4 be?

• December 18th or earlier

Votes: 38 34.5%
  • January 1st or later

Votes: 72 65.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Out of respect for a friend..I'm retracting my previous statement.

Daycia, I wanna talk to you on Aim though when you've got some time.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Jayford also has the right idea!

Okay, cool. I don't really mind at all, I don't play this game anymore. In fact, I care so little that I will pick Metaknight just to scrooge and shark you.
You are a dumfk

what the fk are you doing here if you don't play this game anymore
I will 3 stock you in MK dittos. twice.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
You KNOW? This is in June, and I probably don't have school, meaning if I can hitch a ride with someone in MDVA, I'll come because I wanna meet new people, play them, get *****, and try to learn more.

But me attending has nothing to do with why I want some kind of anti scrooging rule. I want people to get interested in Brawl so the community can grow, so the game can last for a long time (inb4 melee***). Who the fk is gonna play this game if the top players just do gay stuff like that.

Jayford

Smash Lord
You KNOW? This is in June, and I probably don't have school, meaning if I can hitch a ride with someone in MDVA, I'll come because I wanna meet new people, play them, get *****, and try to learn more.

But me attending has nothing to do with why I want some kind of anti scrooging rule. I want people to get interested in Brawl so the community can grow, so the game can last for a long time (inb4 melee***). Who the fk is gonna play this game if the top players just do gay stuff like that.
lmao this guy is so mad

This is the scrubiest mindset I have ever seen. If you are playing to win you'll do that gay stuff because it works. I'll hold the ledge for 8min if thats what it takes to win. There is no reason not to do stuff like this. It puts you at a huge advantage and your opponent and a huge disadvantage. Although if people are doing stuff like that it's probably the sign of a not very well designed game ;)

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
lmao this guy is so mad

This is the scrubiest mindset I have ever seen. If you are playing to win you'll do that gay stuff because it works. I'll hold the ledge for 8min if thats what it takes to win. There is no reason not to do stuff like this. It puts you at a huge advantage and your opponent and a huge disadvantage. Although if people are doing stuff like that it's probably the sign of a not very well designed game ;)
I'm pretty sure Kaffei wants a rule to prevent gay stuff like that from happening. You're saying there's no reason not to do stuff like that. Well, that's the issue, and that's why he's saying it needs to be stopped. Good job supporting his own viewpoint.

clowsui

Smash Legend

You understood what I meant when I said I knew. It's a hyperbolic statement.

As for your point about scrooging...how much is enough? You already stopped the character from grabbing the ledge more than a certain number of times. Now you're going to prevent him from flying underneath the stage?

Please.

Jayford

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Kaffei wants a rule to prevent gay stuff like that from happening. You're saying there's no reason not to do stuff like that. Well, that's the issue, and that's why he's saying it needs to be stopped. Good job supporting his own viewpoint.
Not really. He is saying ban it because it's gay, not because it's unbeatable.

I'll leave it at that tho. I've already derailed the last SiS4 topic by starting a huge argument about the LGL ;).

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
The problem with the game can't be fixed...its just how its made...regardless of the amount of rules you make there will always be "gay" tacticts the more you change..the further you deviate from the games original state.

hell so many rules could be made it would be like you are playing a totally different game.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yeah, that's what happened when you took items and certain stages off because they were gay.

Hmm... I like where this is going :D

If you want to limit a character in every way, ban 'em. That's the best way to limit them lolol.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
lmao this guy is so mad

Is that what you want to see Brawl as in the future? A wide majority of games being like that?
No fking **** it's not a well designed game. That's why the community comes up with rules.

You understood what I meant when I said I knew. It's a hyperbolic statement.

As for your point about scrooging...how much is enough? You already stopped the character from grabbing the ledge more than a certain number of times. Now you're going to prevent him from flying underneath the stage?

Please.
No I didn't understand because you're confusing. how can you support scrooging

If you want to limit a character in every way, ban 'em. That's the best way to limit them lolol.
I'd be totally fine with this tbch but a lot of people already dont want that

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Because I'm sarcastic and condescending /troll

I honestly don't know why. The one a while ago was probably sarcastic(aka I don't remember lol), but that one was 100% my honest serious opinion + trying to joke around. Not trying to be condescending or sarcastic.

Sorry if my posts seem that way though D:!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
You are a dumfk

what the fk are you doing here if you don't play this game anymore
I will 3 stock you in MK dittos. twice.
Okay, how about we put money on you 3-stocking me in MK dittos twice, if you can do it I'll give you $20, if not I get $20.

Also, it's not a well-designed game, you're right. But nothing we do is going to change that. Nobody is going to cater to a rule that you want because you think something is "gay". Also, I didn't think it was necessary for me to play a certain game to post in a forum, especially the thread of an event I plan to attend.

Plus this forum has the HTL.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Okay, how about we put money on you 3-stocking me in MK dittos twice, if you can do it I'll give you $20, if not I get $20.

Also, it's not a well-designed game, you're right. But nothing we do is going to change that. Nobody is going to cater to a rule that you want because you think something is "gay". Also, I didn't think it was necessary for me to play a certain game to post in a forum, especially the thread of an event I plan to attend.

Plus this forum has the HTL.
I would definitely do that MM if I had a source of income, cus that sounds fun. Let me know if you will get back into this game in the future, cus I'll probably be getting a part time job in the summer.

I already explained it man. It's not because I think it is "gay", it's because it's just plain stupid.
How is it fair that a character can get a lead and just do that and win? "Oh, then don't lose the lead" That is really stupid, because the scrooger gets a chance to come back while the one being scrooged doesn't have a chance at all.

You should read this blog made by Rich Brown http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=107262

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I would definitely do that MM if I had a source of income, cus that sounds fun. Let me know if you will get back into this game in the future, cus I'll probably be getting a part time job in the summer.

I already explained it man. It's not because I think it is "gay", it's because it's just plain stupid.
How is it fair that a character can get a lead and just do that and win? "Oh, then don't lose the lead" That is really stupid, because the scrooger gets a chance to come back while the one being scrooged doesn't have a chance at all.
I see where you're coming from. I really do, but that's just something that you have to deal with. If it were unbeatable it would likely be banned by the competitive community as a whole by now. Although I haven't attended an event since January, I highly doubt the metagame has changed too much. So with that assumption I look at players as a whole and very rarely see the tactic used, so it must not be all that great. It's not going to have as much effect on certain stages obviously, so if you're really having problems with it you could just counterpick somewhere where it no longer becomes possible.

Also, I hope you realize what a steep disadvantage you are facing in that "MM". Even though I don't play anymore I highly doubt your chances of winning something like that. When I was actually playing the game I did rather well against pretty good players. And my Metaknight is probably my second best character, maybe.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I see where you're coming from. I really do, but that's just something that you have to deal with. If it were unbeatable it would likely be banned by the competitive community as a whole by now. Although I haven't attended an event since January, I highly doubt the metagame has changed too much. So with that assumption I look at players as a whole and very rarely see the tactic used, so it must not be all that great. It's not going to have as much effect on certain stages obviously, so if you're really having problems with it you could just counterpick somewhere where it no longer becomes possible.

Also, I hope you realize what a steep disadvantage you are facing in that "MM". Even though I don't play anymore I highly doubt your chances of winning something like that. When I was actually playing the game I did rather well against pretty good players. And my Metaknight is probably my second best character, maybe.
We can deal with it by making it not happen by adding a rule.

Steep disadvantage? Well, then I guess I can say I'm "good" too because did rather well against pretty good players too because I won like 40% of games in a 4 hour session with Chu Dat & can take NEO to last stock ooOooOoOoOOO--

>_>

If I get a job, and have money, we can do the MM. If I can't 3 stock you 2 times in a row, I'll give you the money fair and square and accept the loss. I'll still try my best to beat you, though.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Kaffei, there are more important issues at hand right now. Like if you go, who is going to house you? And can we be sure that they won't kidnap you? You just so happen to be very kidnappable, so you need to look out for yourself.

steep

Smash Lord
What are some options for housing for this? I will probably be bringing 4 people besides myself. Any advice on where the 5 of us can stay?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
kaffei u dumb bro
U just figured this out? lol man I just wanna have fun and i want other ppl to have fun too *shrug*

also tkbro.. ok i get it, i annoy u. sheesh LOLZ

kassy i take offense to that.. im short as fk but no way ill let a SMASHER try to kidnap me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom