• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown: CoT5 Prep - STREAM, PRIZES, CREW BATTLE, USA ATTENDANCE!

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LOL maybe I'd fistfight swordgard if I had one hand tied behind my back. I don't like having THAT heavy an advantage. But LOL if it ever came down to that.

And of course buffer pivot grabbing is the only thing I practice. Of course. Only spend about 15 minutes a day on it because I'm well aware there are better things to be practicing. My tech skill sucks, as does my execution, and I very much need to work on both with all 4 characters I play.

Also I take back the whole "go **** yourself" thing. It was completely inexcusable and quite immature of me. I mean this in the least sarcastic way possible.

Also if I'm practicing wrong, I don't know, perhaps you could tip me off to how I should be practicing? But no, undoubtedly just like the last time I asked you this same question, it's far too beneath you to answer.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
LOL maybe I'd fistfight swordgard if I had one hand tied behind my back. I don't like having THAT heavy an advantage. But LOL if it ever came down to that.

And of course buffer pivot grabbing is the only thing I practice. Of course. Only spend about 15 minutes a day on it because I'm well aware there are better things to be practicing. My tech skill sucks, as does my execution, and I very much need to work on both with all 4 characters I play.

Also I take back the whole "go **** yourself" thing. It was completely inexcusable and quite immature of me. I mean this in the least sarcastic way possible.

Also if I'm practicing wrong, I don't know, perhaps you could tip me off to how I should be practicing? But no, undoubtedly just like the last time I asked you this same question, it's far too beneath you to answer.
Dirt, your first mistake was being over confident.
Your second Mistake was retaliating with immature comments.
Your third was the same as your second.
Your fourth mistake was not stopping.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
LOL not overconfident in the slightest. I am completely confident I can trounce any player from PEI, and I stand by that.

One smashfest at which I poorly performed is no reason to assume I have no skill whatsoever Poke.

Second and third are about right.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
LOL not overconfident in the slightest. I am completely confident I can trounce any player from PEI, and I stand by that.

One smashfest at which I poorly performed is no reason to assume I have no skill whatsoever Poke.

Second and third are about right.
What about tourneys?

Also, never knew PEI played brawl.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know the main reason I was doing poorly at tournaments. Constant character switching, and MU inexperience. I've got the first one sorted out and MMs will help with the second.

And of course you didn't, Darkshadow. Because they don't.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace

Swordgard, I am more than tired of your goddamn arrogance. Oh wow, I had a poor showing at a smashfest on less than 2 hours of sleep with a ****ing broken controller.

Oh wow, I'm actively working to improve my techskill, I've figured out exactly what characters I'll play in every single MU, and what stages I'll go for. I'm working every damn night to learn the goddamn buffer pivot infinite. I go over frame data, analyzing what is safe and what isn't. I'm practicing QCDI and HCDI. I've learned through extensive testing exactly how shields reflecting projectiles work (fUddO, remind me to explain that to you, I figure it will help our team at CoT5 somewhat). I go on every character board, reading up as much as I can on each character. I'm MMing people as much as I can afford to get MU experience so I can get better. I'm working on how to play the 3 MUs I have the most trouble with (:peach:, :falco:, :olimar:). I watch as many matches of high-level play as I can (admittedly hard for PT since Reflex basically dropped him).

But obviously I'm bad and have no idea how to go about playing, or getting better at, Brawl competitively.

So I repeat: Go **** yourself.
Supreme Dirt, here's what I think. To be honest with you? I was TERRIBLE last year. And even worse the year before. I know what ppl in Hamilton was thinkin when I randomly showed up to pownz last year or 2 ago. "Bro, this Meek kid is garrrrrrrrbage!" I used to be the worst around the block, lol.

I soon realized that smash is divided into 2 things. Intelligence, and Tech skill. Melee? It was heavily dependent on tech skill. You'd HAVE to learn all the AT's and how to control your character before factoring in the brains. Brawl? It feels the other way around. You can go ahead and read all the frame data and all that stuff. But I can almost guarentee, that if I ask Kingtoon on Skype right now, what frame TL's usmash comes out? He'd say something like this... "Man, I don't even read frame data, I jus play. YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUH"

You can be EXTREMELY basic, and still preform really well. Simply because you're outsmarting the other player. Sitting there, practicing AT's, yeah, that's nice to be consistent with them. But what good are they if you can't use them in a practical situation? What good is it if you don't know how to utilize it? Sure, it's flashy and cool, but trust me. I play all flashy and **** too, it's dope, it's fun to try and impress people too, but it's just...not everything as far as Brawl goes.

Wifi > Training mode, just sayin. I learned so much from wifi. How to handle situations, baiting, taking notes on other players habits, making the reads, etc. But in training mode? You can't learn how another persons mind works in that. Frame data? Hardly helps in Brawl tbh. It's nice to have under your belt, but it just...isn't that helpful.

That's my take on it. DIP!

Mr_L

Smash Journeyman
Accepting any MM's people wanna have (Anything under $2 :D)

So far i only got, Me (Snake) vs Patches (GnW) $1?

Tom8er

Smash Apprentice
Heres some facts

PEI only has 1 player. Its Tomber. the province is small enough to find other people and the fact that he hasn't found anyone else who plays proves that.
I'm pretty sure other people own the game and play it, there is just no competitive scene and I think im the only one from PEI with a AIB account that is active with it lol. Its hard to find anyone to play.

Mprime

Smash Ace
he might not and it's becuz he has important stuff to deal with atm, also tdawg bailed and he was our ride. That means josh isn't coming either cuz he can't afford to commute so it will just be Eric and I. Crew battle July?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
w/e. I've been way out of line the past week or so. Life has just been really ****ty the past month.

Also I can't make it to this, and I very well might have to cancel on CoT5.

Mprime

Smash Ace
w/e. I've been way out of line the past week or so. Life has just been really ****ty the past month.

Also I can't make it to this, and I very well might have to cancel on CoT5.
lies, you're just scared to MM my :pikachu: for 10$ and want an easy way out

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
No. I'm completely broke, and like to be homeless within a month.

However I'm looking at an option. It probably involves my moving to Hamilton.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
ANNOUNCEMENT​

I changed the title of the thread and the reserved space under the OP. This tournament is still going down and its going to be a blast.

• Possibilities of Ambrose now coming to this.
  • Patches G&W Tattoo
  • New Venue
  • Sponsors with prizes
  • Excellent livestream

Still pleanty of reasons to go. and remember people. I can never stress this enough...

PLEASE BRING MORE SETUPS!!! =D​

More Wii's and TV's are always welcome. We need all we can get!

fUddO

Smash Ace
Fuddo. Since dirt is being hella confusing. Wanna team at cot5?

:phone:
Yeah, I guess that's the safe option. Even though I can't compete at this tournament, I'll try and get there around 4:30 or 5 so we can get some doubles friendlies in, and figure out a strategy.

Patches

Smash Master
Sounds good to me, and no offense by this. But ill be puting practicing with inle ahead of that simply because were teaming at this tournament. But yeah. I'd definitely like to get friendlies in with you.

And lol my game and watch tattoo. Awww yeeee. (;

Iliad

Smash Lord
If whitby ****ies out of the crew battle after calling us the **** out, they will FOREVER MORE be known as the scrubs who couldn't handle their own ****.

You thought Tinman got trolled? You'll get it far, far worse.

Also. Lol @ everyone dropping out? Dirt, that's ****ty dice, not even going to raz you about it.

Tom8er, be a man and get the **** over here for this tourney.

Other people. No ****ing johns. Seriously.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Sounds good to me, and no offense by this. But ill be puting practicing with inle ahead of that simply because were teaming at this tournament. But yeah. I'd definitely like to get friendlies in with you.

And lol my game and watch tattoo. Awww yeeee. (;

Doubles should be done by the time I get there, so don't worry about it.

leafshadow

Smash Apprentice
Kinda last minute but I'll take any MMs I'm capping at $2.00

Edit: oh BTW I just realised on the attendance list

20 Zetsubou
25 Zetsubou
38 Zetsubou

So either Zetsubou cloned himself or you placed him 3 times XD.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
If I come, I'll money match you leafshadow.

Also Mr.L Snake vs Kirby or any of my other characters? :metaknight: :awesome:

I'm gonna compete with Patches tattoo and get me a question mark tattoo.

Probably place it on my forehead so it looks like I have random thoughts at each second... which I do..... what was I about to say again...?

Top Bottom