• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Showdown in Downtown 3: Nostalgic Smash - LIVESTREAM IS UP! - WC USA ATTENDANCE

Cruxis

Smash Lord
Well the thing is tho, I already pretty much had this date booked since June (iliad, remember when I told you about there being 4 tourneys in 3 months (the idea was for 3 SiD's, and CoD in sauga). But unfortunately Cruxis decided to host another tourney...

But the date of his tourney could have been different :ohwell: (he went for August 13th out of impatience iirc). I also tried bringing this up in Cruxis' thread, but he kept telling me "multiple tourneys are good" and whatnot...

And how we got this situation on our hands :ohwell:
bro honestly im here until october only, and youve already made it clear that you have no interest in hosting a mk-banned tourney. my options were clear, if i wanted it to happen, i had to do it myself. and i chose august 13 not because of impatience, originally i wanted it to be july 23 as you remember but the venue was making things difficult so i moved onto the next available date, which was august 13.

and like i said before, everybody has a choice. nobody is being forced to go to each and every tourney, its their decision to reach mine or reach yours.
i appreciate what youve done for the scene but you dont own the community tin, you dont control all the tourneys. you really have no right to ask me to make my tourney another date, just for the sake of yours, especially since you have been hosting pretty much every tournament since over a year now. even moreso since im only here temporarily, and id like to make the most out of it.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Tin doesn't even allow side-events at his tourneys, never mind hosting a MK banned tournament. It's pretty much either all normal matches or nothing.

W/E, I'm perfectly content. I have a MK banned, a side-event of Super Ganon challenge at said MK banned, and a Mid-Tier which I'm assuming is in September to look forward to.

Dan-Da-Man

Smash Journeyman
confirm me if it's the 20th, but I can't do the 27th.
^ this for myself and Sk/Socastar as well. We can make 20th, but not 27th unfortunately.

This event was planned for the 20th a while ago, but the one coming up on the 13th was just tossed up as well, so deal with it.
You guys shouldn't be fighting about dates and conflicting close tourneys, remember we're all part of this scene and playing for the same reason (I hope).

If you didn't bother getting a job for this summer, then you shouldn't be whining.
Go outside and mow a couple lawns in an hour, or cut back on smokes for a week, and make $40 so you can come to multiple tourneys in one month.
You should be happy the scene is so active during summer, not upset about it.

edit: (if you don't count transport, it's actual 10+10+(20/2)=30 to enter singles and doubles)

Patches

Smash Master
Each tournament costs me roughly 60 - 80 dollars. Depending on who drives me.

I can't always afford that ****. Sure, I have a full time job. But I also have my rent to pay, my phone bill to pay, I owe my mom money, I owe other people money, groceries to buy and hydro to pay. Two tournaments is a lot. Especially a week apart.

The 27th is a lot better for me. I get paid on the 24th

:phone:

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tin doesn't even allow side-events at his tourneys, never mind hosting a MK banned tournament. It's pretty much either all normal matches or nothing.

W/E, I'm perfectly content. I have a MK banned, a side-event of Super Ganon challenge at said MK banned, and a Mid-Tier which I'm assuming is in September to look forward to.
This tourney has a side event...

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo Patches, isn't Hydro a ****ing *****! If there is one thing that pisses me off, it's hydro...I love a lot about my current location but that alone makes me want to move out.

Patches

Smash Master
Dunno yet, we only have to pay once every two months. August is our second month living here, so yeah. Aha. Dunno how much it'll be.

But as it stands, ill be spending on about 560 a month for house stuff, more once we get cable/internet.

:phone:

lain

Smash Master
guys i'm getting my enhanced I.D. so I can come to Canada :D

PREPARE YOURSELF CANADIA-LAND

Gichan

Smash Champion
Riiiight Holy, he'll probably be housed at my place, meaning he'll take dat couch from you to!

And how the **** did you and SG not save the replays to the Couch Match?!

Cruxis

Smash Lord
The New PR

Also, The date change may or may not happen. An announcement will be made official by the end of the week (fridayish)
i say keep the date the same because
its about fucking time no montreal at a tourney, if its the 27th montreal will come, 20th they got their ownnn tourney dawg

Cruxis

Smash Lord
we were thinking about sending either me or holy for this. you guys aren't safe LOL
god damn it ally you big haired sexy mofo i challenge you to a IRL smash battle ftilt, dtilt, and jab only, you can use utilt if you know how to i cant though

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
god damn it ally you big haired sexy mofo i challenge you to a IRL smash battle ftilt, dtilt, and jab only, you can use utilt if you know how to i cant though
I used to be able to U-tilt.

Anyway, I'm there, even though I'm low on Cash, haha. i'll make it.

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
LOL, Smash 64 for $5? If I make it I'mma enter that. I may be short on money because I'm getting a laptop, so I may or may not make this depending on how much money I have by the end of the summer. Put me as a maybe.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
XP you play Kirby in 64 don't you.

Doooooooooooooooooon't you.

I personally play a character who takes skill. :p

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Probably coming regardless of date. I need to ****ing make it out of pools XD
Hacked Wii + Brawl as usual. I'll get confirmation on people joining me later.

~XP~

Smash Apprentice
XP you play Kirby in 64 don't you.

Doooooooooooooooooon't you.

I personally play a character who takes skill. :p
DON'T EVEN GO THERE. But yes, I do play Kirby, unfortunately, my N64 is broken so I have no means of practicing.

Lol I just realized that my brawl main and secondary is a combination of my former mains.

N64: Kirby
Melee: Falco
Brawl: Kirby/Falco.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
dats gay br0
Googs not gonna lie when I first met you while fighting your diddy I was like is this guy drunk but it's all good to me you were amazing. I hope to see you all there a lot of tourney's I hope I can finish my work before Fan Expo.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
I heard infinite V115 is coming .EXE is happy does that mean poison mist as well? And honestly I am so bored this summer I wouldn't mind driving out to any of you just to smash.

Top Bottom