• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Blackadder

Smash Master
^^^
hence why I called him "The other guy".
Net names are so hard to recall, I find.
Anyone else actually wondering if Youko has a suprise for us?
Like the barbershop of last week?

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I am glad Dedede is getting another look at, because the evidence against was just plain stupid. He was one of the top requested characters, he is one of Sakurai's babies, and he was meant to original be in SMASH 64! He is basically a shoe-in. There's no possible way Dedede won't be playable. Unless Sakurai make's him a **** AT for some reason.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
EPISODE 4 NOW OUT!!

A tough week to write for, but NO JOHNS! Now maybe this can be seen as serious, with four episodes out? Let's hope.

Feedback always appreciated!

Blackadder

Smash Master
SlackBladder’s In-depth

Okaaaay, I’ve heard it once, now let’s do it all gain.
Strait to the point:

*Basic intro*
Nothing to say here, same as every week, no stumbles. Beautifully executed.

*The rundooooooooown*
I laughed hard with how you talked about the DK stage.
You started so unbiased, so Youko, then slowly seemed to get madder and madder about the level. From “Smasher’s ground” to “UnGODLY number of platforms!”
Hilarious. I wouldn’t saying getting s little “This is Youko’s opinion” every so often, so I won’t complain about the biased opinion. But still, you move back into “Average Smasher” view on the stage by the end of it, and do so rather well. Good job.

Footstool jump:
I was looking forward to this, as I knew you seemed rather intrigued by it.
I’m surprised when you were talking about it, how you didn’t mention how this seems to be one of Sakurai’s “Balancing” effects on the game, as well as the fact I have seen some Smashers (My self included, I must admit…) that are a little peeved at the “everyone has a meteor now”. But I’m not sure how widespread those ideas and views are.
You give us all the good reasons about this new technique, as well as a few things to be wary of, and what we can expect. No stumbles at ALL so far!
Incredible.

Knuckle Joe/AT:
Let’s face it, he’s a cool character.
Still, you always manage to find the faults in these things, bringing up weather it’ll work out or not, making people think twice about it all. I think you did this incredibly, flawlessly, and near-on sexily. The captain Olimar thing. That’s what I have always felt, that he may be AT’d (As I would like) and it’s good to see you taking on, once again, the unbiased thought. Generic character talk is VERY convincing, I doubt anyone could argue with it, other than saying “I LOVE THE KOOPA SO HE WILL BE INZ!!”

Who’s in?:
Okay, lets see how much better you are this week.
The Falco/Wolf argument is a little thin, if you ask me. It rants on for a good time,
but it seems a little lacking in substance, but it does give you all the main reasons as to why either two could be in. But you could have added some of those subtle “He was heavily rumored to be in melee” things, as they act a certain extra substance, as well as interesting other reasons to add them to Brawl.
The revised Dedede thingy.
A far better look at the villain of the Kirby series, though it seems like you just read from what everyone else said about him. That isn’t necessarily bad, but maybe a little “I’ll just use the generic Dedede stuff” type feel. But you do give us a little tidbit of info about dedede with the Smash 64 rumors! The Dedede review was much improved, and so was the whole section, all up. You stumble a fair bit though, I must say. Make that a goal to improve on that for next next week.
6.9/10

3rd part Argument:
What’s there to say colb?
Awesomely structured argument. ALMOST as good as mine! (Jk)
There isn’t much to say. You just did wonderfully with your writing.
Excellent. Also Youko, you improved your reading of BVs.
I labeled that down the first time with mine to the fact you where still in the early days, and maybe you were in “Unfamiliar” reading territory with someone else’s writing.
But here, you did it swiftly, and professionally. Save for one or two little voice glitches.

*Adds*
*Fastfowards, dammit*

Hey, everyone got the shout-out. That’s cool.
You didn’t seem to go full out when saying “Show me ya news!!” that time though, Youko…aw. Maybe that was just me listening oddly though.

Well, all up, It was a pretty “schmexy” episode.
I would still say last weeks was the best, it had such a flow, a good dose of humour, and DAWN PATROL!!
But this one was close up there with it. Very well read, I didn’t here nigh on to more than 5 little stumbles all through. That’s awesome Youko! Keep this up, and I’m sure next week will be a blast.
8.3/10

(*The barbershop*)
lulz. When I heard you were doing Fountain of dreams UI was pretty “Oh, “yay”.
But really, it was awesome to listen do. Wonderful as always.
But the guy at the start and end didn’t have much heart to him. Work on that!
Schmexy! Schmexy! Schmexy!

Florida

イーグランツ
This week seemed to zip on by pretty quickly :p
Time for my overwhelming long critique.
You know, if you actually included C.Falcon's "Show me your moves!", it WOULD sound really close to "Show me your news!", I'm still not liking the voice which you currently have :p

Not much to say on Rumble Falls, I basically agree with you.
I like how Sakurai isn't keeping Donkey Kong's stages the same style as before, Rumble Falls seems like a nice addition, to replace Icicle Mountain. There also seems to be a lot of new introduced gimmicks, like the ladder, the odd switch which can be seen, etc.

Different skill = win.
Too many people stick with stationary levels, stages like Rumble Falls introduce a new type of gameplay. Not only do you have to worry about your opponent, but keep an eye on the stage itself! Seems interesting enough to me.

The Footstool Jump...
Seems like fun, the only use of it which I can think of is to spike opponents, but that is pretty useless to some characters who have 3+ spikes already (DK). Though for characters without spikes, this could be a nice technique to use.

Agreed, wavedashing is a VERY useful technique. But, people, this isn't Melee v2!
Brawl seems to have enough newly added functions, I think we can live without a fan-discovered sliding engine.

Knuckle Joe is a character that I really didn't even know, but he seems like he will make an excellent Assist Trophy. I'm glad that Sakurai is representing his own franchise a little more this time around. Zomg! Olimar shall not be an Assist Trophy :mad: (coming form a fanboy).

I believe that Assist Trophies are for characters who didn't have the unique touch to be included as a PC in the game, but were allowed to be involved, to a certain matter. I truly think that the character roster is already complete, and the Assist Trophies are there just to represent a franchise.

Donkey Kong DOES need more representation, and to think that Sakurai would add a kong to the AT list is just sick >.>
Diddy & Stanley 4 Brawl!

I'm a little surprised that you didn't talk more about Yoshi in this week, besides pointing out some of his pictures and such. I would've liked to hear your opinions on his new look, and some of the new features that Sakurai has added to him. I'd also like to hear what you think about Skyworld, and if you think it'd end up being banned in tourneys or not. IDK, it would've been an interesting extra 2 mins of your podcast :)

Now onto Sariku.
When you said your voice changed, I thought the lowered tone was it, I was all: "thesht?".
Heh... and I thought you said you didn't want to add background music this time? Unless Youko did it? o.O

"And King Dedede, will his chances be changed, or remain the same?"
Why would he even be in this week's "Whose In?" if your opinions on the matter didn't change at all? I think that bit of talk was a bit pointless.

Wolf > Falco
'Nuff said. Out with the old, in with the new.
IF Wolf makes it in Brawl, he should have his N64 appearance, as well as his personality.
The eye patch is just more bad-a** than the ******** mechanical eye.

Wolf has claws >.<
Why wouldn't he use him in Brawl? I think Sakurai could get more original with him, instead of making him another Fox clone. And the chances of that are pretty high, since Sakurai wants more villains, and wants to get rid of clones.

King Dedede being a BowserKirby, that's a good way to imagine him I suppose.
._. I still think that you should always stick with your opinion, and not care about what other people say... but whatever. Good show Sariku.

Colbusman...
First of off, I'd like to compliment how you voice both sides of the debate, and not only your own points of view. Actually, not much to say about what you stated. Well said, nice job.

I'm guessing "Show Yourself" is not happening this week?
Or maybe I misunderstood, and it's a bi-weekly thing? :)
Well, nice podcast this week, really enjoyed it.

Encore! Encore! ;)
Fountain of Dreams? Haha, I laughed pretty hard while listening to that.
I swear I need these on mp3 format >.<

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
3rd part Argument:
What’s there to say colb?
Awesomely structured argument. ALMOST as good as mine! (Jk)
There isn’t much to say. You just did wonderfully with your writing.
Excellent. Also Youko, you improved your reading of BVs.
I labeled that down the first time with mine to the fact you where still in the early days, and maybe you were in “Unfamiliar” reading territory with someone else’s writing.
But here, you did it swiftly, and professionally. Save for one or two little voice glitches.
voice glitches...i thought he read it exactly how I saw it in my mind. but thanks anyway.

but all in all it was a good one. the only complaint I have (and this is for every week) is you don't talk about everything, mostly just 3 of the 5 updates while giving a slight mentionable to the rest. instead of a whole section on Rumble Falls and a brief opinion on Skyworld, you could of put it in one section and just say "Stages". plus a little more detail on Yoshi, especially since we know his up b can be used as a recovery.

still it's very well done.

k!llsw!tch

Smash Ace
Great Podcast Youko, gives me a great review of the updates during the week, and great to discuss with fellow smashers. Keep it up.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well let's see
Intro: Same, good as expected.

Rundown:
Rumble falls, well I guess I agree. Pretty good points and opinions.
Nothing else to say about the Skyworld thing.
Rumble falls again, layout.. I see it as more of a fun stage that will piss you off at times to actually make it fun. And the differences between themes can make it nicer and seeing how great the graphics can be.

Footstool, I'm not sure how this works out. I'm not an experienced and good player so I don't actually know.. How it would really turn out. But I was thinking of the same thing with the Pikachu/Bowser thing.
Physics engine, new engine looks good to me. More interaction between players/items/players.

AT thing.. I really don't know about this. I'm staying neutral with most of what people say with these. I don't have a feel for what Sakurai would do with some characters.
Ridley = Woot, Diddy = *Shrug*

Who's In?: Sariku ><
Falco vs. Wolf... I agree with Falco, good points. Wolf, well... I don't know, not a fan of him. Wouldn't want him to take Falco's place, but wouldn't mind him in the game aside from Krystal.
Better than before :p

King Dedede... It seems his chances have increased quite a bit. Not a fan of him either but wouldn't him in the game, and agree with your say of him.

Brawl Viewpoint: Colbusman :O
Can't say much here. It's good and well thought out. Never thought of the.. 3rd party characters taking up spots. But I was thinking that there are already a good number of them since 3rd parties won't take up more than a handful.

Overall: 9/10
---
Alright, well there it is. Good job as always, keep it up. Also I have got to say that... "Show Me Your News" has grown on me quite a bit.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Somebody who has a better voice should do "Who's in?". Sariku, I am sorry but your voice is kind of annoying and too high.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
So why wassn't Yoshi's pressence discussed? The most interesting update next to Footstool Jumping! Theres alot to talk about - other Yoshi representatives, his new look, his new up B jump.

Doesn't matter, awesome podcasts. I really love listening to them.

I'll send in a sound file of a little rant, I'll have to write it out first ;)

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Great episode, like always. Glad you decided to go with "Show Me Your News!" for the name, puts a smile on my face everytime I hear it :) However, I'm not crazy about the new theme song... too MIDI-ish. I preferred when you were using the Multi-Man Melee theme.

Sariku's section was vastly improved over the last one, so nice work on that.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Sorry about the Knuckle Joe miscue - as I said, never have played Kirby games before.

Yoshi wasn't discussed as much becauuuuuuuuse...

...good point, I probably should have a little bit more. This is good to know, I'll make a special point about it in the Rundown when we find out something new about characters!

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Haha, the man speaks!

Great episode this week. I enjoyed all of it really, LOVED the fountain of dreams quartet! Haha.

(P.S. I've messaged you something that you may find interesting)

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
SU, you did a MUCH better job this time around.
Proved me wrong!
Way to go you guys, keep the sunday entertainment coming.

Sariku

Smash Master
To the people who commented on me, I'm realy glad you liked this one more, I tired alot harder on this one. It is a whole lot of fun doing this for you guys, and I do take suggestions.

About me changing my ideas, again, I did ALL of last weeks in about two hours, I didn't try at all on it really, I rushed it. So I kinda just went with it, I put absoutly no effort in last time, well I didn't put enough in it to say the least.

And about my voice, it sounded better on my MP3 Player, but whichever, it was better than last weeks. Yes, Youko added the Music in it, not be. And I was surprised too when Youko made it REALLY deed at the beginning, we didn't talk much at all about what he's doing for this week. But about someone else doing the section, I'm not trying to be mean at all, but so far I had the best quality voice sections BESIDES YOUKOS', though I LOVED Cless-mints section, his voice rocks. But if we get TOO many complaints, I'm sure you can just have Youko read it...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Olimar.... an Assist Trophy? :urg: The very notion is too horrific to imagine. Olimar is too awesome to NOT be a playable.

For the record, Olimar is not limited to chucking Pikmin. In in the Pikmin games, Olimar can also attack enemies with his own devasating punches. So the Will Wright comparison doesn't seem valid, in my view.

@ Youko & Sariku.Uchiha: great job guys. I've really enjoyed listening to your opinions. Keep up the good work.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
No offense but if a fatass rat jumped off of me it wouldn't send me shooting down as much as a fat turtle-dragon thingy. I don 't think spring jump = new physics engine. Did airdodging create a new physics engine? Yes it sprouted WD'ing but that's different.

FoD theme was a dissapointment. I could have totally done better (you def need a tenor).

Blackadder

Smash Master
voice glitches...i thought he read it exactly how I saw it in my mind. but thanks anyway.

but all in all it was a good one. the only complaint I have (and this is for every week) is you don't talk about everything, mostly just 3 of the 5 updates while giving a slight mentionable to the rest. instead of a whole section on Rumble Falls and a brief opinion on Skyworld, you could of put it in one section and just say "Stages". plus a little more detail on Yoshi, especially since we know his up b can be used as a recovery.

still it's very well done.
Yeah, I noticed this.
I've been aiming to get better at this crap.
I sort of feel rushed to beat Egruntz and the other's that review the cast, so that someone actually reads mine, and it doesn't get left behind on the last page.
Tell ya what. Next week, I spend all the effort and energy on it as I can. :p

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
...when you talked about Dedede...I think you were actually describing Bonkers...you never suck in Dedede, nor does he show up in the first few levels. He's always the second to final boss or something, with exceptions.

Nice Podcast, though.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
i enjoied this podcast guys, keep it up.

i was surprised SU when you said that kirby suck DDD and get the hammer ability... Kirby NEVER sucked DDD...

Somebody who has a better voice should do "Who's in?". Sariku, I am sorry but your voice is kind of annoying and too high.
...what?
that is his voice, i am pretty sure you didn't like it because it was too different from Youko's.:ohwell:
he did a great job this week, it was major improvment from the last one.
Keep it up SU!!;)

Loooooni

Smash Ace
Stuck in the 4th dungeon of twilight princess
i have one complaint when you talked about King Dedede you said that kirby gets the hammer power from him and that kirby fights him in the first levels i have played many kirby games and i have never seen one that had king dedede in the first couple levels he is always one of the last bosses and u never get the hammer power from him you get that from a generic enemy usually when you beat dedede the game is over or in a few games you get the star rod so that you can fight nightmare as in nightmare in dreamland king dedede was portrayed wrong in those two ways that is all i have to say.

Edit: Also may i request that unless you know something is completely true that you dont talk about it until you validate that it is a fact yourself.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Its too bad the sound quality ****ed up with "Who's In". It was also alot "noisier" on the background and a little quiet. Still, for arguments sake, it was pretty awesomely done.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*Scratches head* Sariku I think you just got owned a little more... Maybe you should inform me next time of what your going to be talking about so I can help a little :D

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
PURE GOLD.

I know I'm a little late in listening in, but yesterday and today I was busy, ALL DAY.
*Shakes fist at Girlfriend*
Anyways, PURE GOLD - did I say that already?

A few slip ups, I think 2 from Youko, and one from Sariku, but I'm not picky in that way, so I thought it was amazing.
I also liked how you (Youko) completely FLAMED the new DK stage. It was indeed a laugh.
"A GODLY AMOUNT OF PLATFORMS" .

This is the best podcast ever (in it's entirety, not this specific episode) because not only do you offer insight and opinion as well as facts and information, it's also humorous and lifts my spirits a little, even if I was already happy =].

And I finish, by saying THANK YOU, to Youko, Sariku, and the community for helping Youko out with his podcast through support and sending mp3's and pages of Viewpoints for the show.

Fawriel

Smash Master
(Schmexy, schmexy, schmexy!)

*ahem*

I really can't explain why I enjoy this podcast so terribly much, but... I do!
I must say I really enjoyed Sariku's part this time as well. I honestly didn't expect this, but it was a WHOLE lot better than last time, even though the quality of the recording was a little bad. The music was really in the background this time as well, so if you just manage to make the recording quality of your voice a little better, it'll flow very nicely together.
And your voice improved a lot, too. In fact, it made me smile. ... ...it sounded cute. ...
What?! If everybody's allowed to call Youko sexy, I can call Sariku cute, dammit!
*goes somewhere else*

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
*bump*

HELP, GUYS! News updated - I need a Show Yourself segment done for this week by somebody, I'll even accept submissions through Saturday!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Voice clip is extremely preferable, but worse comes to worse, something written can suffice for now, I suppose...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Voice clip is extremely preferable, but worse comes to worse, something written can suffice for now, I suppose...
Too much work for Youko to record and possible retake his own voice. If you have a clip of your own voice he can just throw it in if its good.

Though I hate my voice so.. I won't be making an appearance on the podcast..

Youko will you release one the sunday following the release? Going over expectations, characters, stages, and controls etc?

Top Bottom