• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Blackadder

Smash Master
Booyaa, who hit "Smash debater?" :D

Anyways, Youko, just a word to keep you going.
I'm lookin' hugely forward to next ep!
Can't wait, as always.

Heres hoping it's a good one!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Idk whats a Smash Debater and how do you become one? :p

Always looking forward to new episodes. Not to the random people though :p

Blackadder

Smash Master
Idk whats a Smash Debater and how do you become one? :p

Always looking forward to new episodes. Not to the random people though :p
Smash debaters arent much really, but it makes you look cool.
"Not to random people though"
Sorry, I don't follow that bit? :confused:

Blackadder

Smash Master
Mm the random people doing their parts.. Since MOST of them weren't good quality.
Oh, the BV and such? I didn't send mine in as a voice recording cause I knew Youko would do it better himself, and I was mic. shy.

I think the "random people" just need practise with there voicing.
I mean, it's not like they know exactly what there doing.
I myself am thinking of entering the "Show yourself" thing some day. :chuckle:

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Expected responses :p
I didn't say I disliked it. I know not all of them have experience with it and such. I am shy and hate my voice :/

I just said that.. I look forward to the episode, but the other parts I have have no care for.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Expected responses :p
I didn't say I disliked it. I know not all of them have experience with it and such. I am shy and hate my voice :/

I just said that.. I look forward to the episode, but the other parts I have have no care for.
I really enjoy the rundown, the BV, and Youko's rather sharp wit.
Which he uses a bit sparingly, but I noticed the new ep had a faster, more upbeat feel, with more usuage of Youko's gags.

I havn't heard of any BV submissions for this week, so I don't know WHO it'll be.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Krystal >< Need Krystal..
I want to hear the opinion of one that has gotten Youko's attention :p
Well, generaly, I here he only gets like, 1 or 2 BVs' a week.
SO yeah, I wan't one that Youko hears and just goes:
"Okay, THAT'S interesting"
I think right now with all of our BV things it's been a bit
"Well, this one is about 20 percent better than this one, so I'll use it"
But who knows?

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
That reminds me.. I sent one in I think I did it better than my english papers..^^.. Sariku said something about Krystal Vs. Wolf thing.. But I don't know..

But if Youko chooses Wolf over Krystal I'll be like wtfzorz and hate him *pout*

Blackadder

Smash Master
Is sariku in this week?
Yes, he is. I'm not to optimistic of it, but Urchin has had 2 weeks, so I'm hoping for a great improvment. He shoulden't try to hide his voice, it's not that bad. I guess we'll see.

Wolf is FTW!!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Is sariku in this week?
Yes, he is. I'm not to optimistic of it, but Urchin has had 2 weeks, so I'm hoping for a great improvment. He shoulden't try to hide his voice, it's not that bad. I guess we'll see.

Wolf is FTW!!
Urchin? Uchiha? I made his a sig recently.. he was saying something about getting a real comp or whatever.. If he is in I'll look forward to seeing his improvements.

Wolf is FTW!!
Wolf is FTW!!
Wolf is FTW!!
Oi....

Blackadder

Smash Master
Urchin? Uchiha? I made his a sig recently.. he was saying something about getting a real comp or whatever.. If he is in I'll look forward to seeing his improvements.

Oi....
Uchiha, whatever. His name has always been a "How do I say that" to me.
A real comp? I have no idea what that's on about..

Improvements are neccisary for him. He has potential though.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Uchiha, whatever. His name has always been a "How do I say that" to me.
A real comp? I have no idea what that's on about..

Improvements are neccisary for him. He has potential though.
Only reason I remember "Uchiha" is I watch Naruto :/
UCHIWA=FAN
ok...

Yeah I didn't like the part where he starts talking about Sonic. Although I'm cool with him and all.. Kinda wanted to punch him in the face O.o

BYAH!

Blackadder

Smash Master
Only reason I remember "Uchiha" is I watch Naruto :/
UCHIWA=FAN
ok...

Yeah I didn't like the part where he starts talking about Sonic. Although I'm cool with him and all.. Kinda wanted to punch him in the face O.o
^.-
I forget his Sonic speech.
I recall the big issues with me were:
A. he did those two mouse poke'mon. Why did he choose them of all things?
B. Dedede being a "medium" chance character. That's perpostirous.

...I wonder if Youko is watching this convo, I think he's online.
Also, this thread should be stickied.
I'm gonna ask Scav about that. :)

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Flare: Thanks, but it's not up to me or you, just stating my opinion. Speaking of which, hey, Youko, would it be on or off-topic to discuss the upcoming week rather than the previous one?

Blackadder: Nothing special about a smash debater. ;p

I was disappointed, Dedede deserved a close second to Sonic. However, it was unfair to put other characters against Sonic because he's third party, so OF COURSE Sariku would choose him, he's just so **** popular.

I'm sure Youko reads these, in his spare time, at work.

OnyxVulpine: You might be too wishful. To be perfectly honest, I think it's more of a Falco - Krystal debate than a Wolf - Krystal debate, and I can tell you why.

Wolf is a villian, Falco is a sidekick, and Krystal...well she's mostly NPC and ally, which falls somewhere between Falco and Wolf. Keep in mind that, so far, we have seen more villianous characters from different games being added, or at least requested through polls, and most people seem to agree that the game needs more villians. By this logic, Wolf should be the next logical choice after Fox, nobody else could fill the roll of villian as well as he could in Brawl. Therefore, after Fox and Wolf, do you add Krystal or Falco? That's not up to me to decide. I hope it's Krystal, though.

Sariku

Smash Master
Flare: Thanks, but it's not up to me or you, just stating my opinion. Speaking of which, hey, Youko, would it be on or off-topic to discuss the upcoming week rather than the previous one?

Blackadder: Nothing special about a smash debater. ;p

I was disappointed, Dedede deserved a close second to Sonic. However, it was unfair to put other characters against Sonic because he's third party, so OF COURSE Sarikupopular.

OnyxVulpine: You might be too wishful. To be perfectly honest, I think it's more of a Falco - Krystal debate than a Wolf - Krystal debate, and I can tell you why.

Wolf is a villian, Falco is a sidekick, and Krystal...well she's mostly NPC and ally, which falls somewhere between Falco and Wolf. Keep in mind that, so far, we have seen more villianous characters from different games being added, or at least requested through polls, and most people seem to agree that the game needs more villians. By this logic, Wolf should be the next logical choice after Fox, nobody else could fill the roll of villian as well as he could in Brawl. Therefore, after Fox and Wolf, do or Falco? That's not up to me to decide. I hope it's Krystal, though.
Your good... its not Krystal/Wolf, but Falco/Wolf, And DeDeDe in a fair review... You'll like this week, no music and crisp quality... just no way to send it to him..:urg:

SwordHunter

Smash Apprentice
Hey everybody! Might as well have this be my Meet & Greet...

I'm new to SmashBoards, but not to this thread - been following it from the beginning. I love what you've been doing with the podcasts, Youko, so keep it up! I always check for it as soon as it comes out...

So I'm looking forward to adding to the discussion here - when it's relevant... :p And here's to the thread's 300th comment!

Might send in a Show Yourself sometime... we'll see.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Alllll right, time for Youko's occasional answering-comments post!

Also, this thread should be stickied.
I'm gonna ask Scav about that. :)
Thanks, I agree! ...And you should ask about it!

Of COURSE I read them...not at work though, cuz I am computer-less at work. But yes, it does make me smile to see you all comment in this thread, for I do follow it rather religiously. And sure, if you want to discuss the potential upcoming week in the thread, be my guest. I'm considering that for a future spot on the show, but for now the primary point of the show is a retrospective of the week that was.

I'm new to SmashBoards, but not to this thread - been following it from the beginning. I love what you've been doing with the podcasts, Youko, so keep it up! I always check for it as soon as it comes out...
Welcome to SWF! Good to hear from a fan from humble beginnings.

Yeah, so this week is ridiculously hard to write for, as some of you might presume. I'm still going to do the best I can for you all - the dedicated listeners! Watch for a preview to drop tomorrow morning!

Sariku

Smash Master
Okay Youko, time for my long post, as I'm on my friends computer.

I just sent the email with all my attachments, there's only four sections this time, and they're all saved as .WAV, just as last time. The opening is less than a minute, then the Head to Head challenge and King DeDeDe's revised review is each about 2 minutes. Then a 30 sec closing. I think you'll like this one better, but my voice sounds different than last time, due to the fact that I'm using an MP3 Player, but there isn't any static or such.

And sorry for being able to send it so soon, again, computerless, and Wii wasn't loading SmashBoards, so I just sent it, you should have it all, and I hope EVERYONE enjoys this more than the last one, espicially the DeDeDe review, you should all agree with this one.:laugh:

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
*wink*
.... Mmm you know I only got into supporting Krystal since I actually heard that she had a chance.

Otherwise I would have been fine with Falco.

*Yawn* I'll be waiting Youko :p

Edit:
Falco isn't a traitor you moron. Krystal is.

And...Ridley for Brawl!
*Gasp* She is partially a villain too :p

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hey Youko, when you "read this after work", you should be informed.

I sent a PM about this thread being stickied to Scav, (Who is normaly rather fast with replies) but got nothing. So, I tried,but yeah.
Sorry Youko.
Have you thought of asking a mod yourself about it?

Sariku

Smash Master
Hey Youko, when you "read this after work", you should be informed.

I sent a PM about this thread being stickied to Scav, (Who is normaly rather fast with replies) but got nothing. So, I tried,but yeah.
Sorry Youko.
Have you thought of asking a mod yourself about it?
Scav wants to wait alittle longer, to see if Youko will really continue this, if it will lose quality, and so on.

Florida

イーグランツ
Okay Youko, time for my long post, as I'm on my friends computer.

I just sent the email with all my attachments, there's only four sections this time, and they're all saved as .WAV, just as last time. The opening is less than a minute, then the Head to Head challenge and King DeDeDe's revised review is each about 2 minutes. Then a 30 sec closing. I think you'll like this one better, but my voice sounds different than last time, due to the fact that I'm using an MP3 Player, but there isn't any static or such.

And sorry for being able to send it so soon, again, computerless, and Wii wasn't loading SmashBoards, so I just sent it, you should have it all, and I hope EVERYONE enjoys this more than the last one, espicially the DeDeDe review, you should all agree with this one.:laugh:
Erm, no offence to you or anything, but haven't we already heard your opinions about Dedede's chances of appearing in Brawl? But that doesn't really bother me so much as the fact that you change your views based on what other people think. You should just stick with your own opinion, and not care what anyone else thinks. Although, I do terribly disagree with your previous words.

Good thing that you've gotten rid of some problems which occured in your debut, listening to your voice instead of muffling static should lighten up your speech. Also I hope you feel a little more confident and positive this time around, that always helps out when you... well, talk.

Sariku

Smash Master
Erm, no offence to you or anything, but haven't we already heard your opinions about Dedede's chances of appearing in Brawl? But that doesn't really bother me so much as the fact that you change your views based on what other people think. You should just stick with your own opinion, and not care what anyone else thinks. Although, I do terribly disagree with your previous words.

Good thing that you've gotten rid of some problems which occured in your debut, listening to your voice instead of muffling static should lighten up your speech. Also I hope you feel a little more confident and positive this time around, that always helps out when you... well, talk.
Thankyou, I accually did very well in my opinion this time. I don't have too much of a cocky attitude now, no static, no music and such. But it is open for Youko to change anything, so if he wants to add background music he can, but I havn't added any.

And about DeDeDe, the truth is, I did last weeks in about 2 hours, recording, writing, music, sending, and so on, so it was very rushed, and I didnt' get to study it. I had two weeks to do this one, so I think it will come out fairly well. My voice sounds different though, I think it's my growth spurt... I'm 14, voice changes suck.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Youko, youve got your work cut out for you this week.

Hardly anything to debate or discuss...

Blackadder

Smash Master
Youko, youve got your work cut out for you this week.

Hardly anything to debate or discuss...
Unless you SPAM!!!!!!one!!!
Chica chica!!
OooOOOoooo yeah!

See? Now ya'll can flame me.
Summat to discuss=mission complete.

Or we could talk about what the hell Youko will say about the footstomp thing.
That'll be ineteresting.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Ep. 4 preview is now out, check out what the Rundown will entail and who made the Brawl Viewpoint for this week!

...It's definitely a tough week for the Rundown, that's for sure...but, No Johns! :)

Blackadder

Smash Master
BOOOO!
The BV isn't from the Dawn Patrol!
BOOO!

No, seriosuly, looks like it'll be a great cast as always Youko.
Looking greatly forward to what you have to say on the new engine,
as well as the "New and improved" "Who's in" section.

Wishing you luck that it's a good one Youko!

Sariku

Smash Master
Hey guys, sorry for the off-topic post, but I got something for you all to check out. Flame me for this, but I cant get anyone to comment on it, so please tell me how you like this list I made, my take on the characters and such that will appear in Brawl.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, the great Sariku.Uchiha makes an appearance on this thread, it has just been blest. All of you now have the skill of Ken, Isia, and Chudat combined. So go, be cocky, for you are the best of the best, all of you are.

But Either or, here is my list for your thread. Hopefully you guys like it, as it is the best one by far, though I won't give reasons for them, most likely. If they are in bold, they are confirmed. Note that I cut them down to get the most new comers, I have absolutly no clones will be in mine, atleast not by intention.

-Mario Series -
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Baby Bowser

- Zelda Series -
6. Link
7. Zelda
8. Ganondorf

- Kirby Series -
9. Kirby
10. Meta Knight
11. King DeDeDe

- Pokemon Series -
12. Pikachu
13. Jigglypuff
14. MewTwo
15. Lucario

- Star Fox Series -
16. Fox McCloud
17. Krystal
18. Wolf O'Donnel

- Metroid Series -
19. Samus/Zamus
20. Ridley

- Yoshi Series -
21. Yoshi

- Donkey Kong Series -
22. Donkey Kong
23. Diddy Kong

- Fire Emblem Series -
24. Marth
25. Ike

- Kid Iracus Series -
26. Pit
27. Eggplant Wizard

- Wario Series -
28. Wario

- Pikmin Series -
29. Captian Olimar

- Ice Climber Series -
30. Ice Climbers

- F-Zero Series -
31. Captian Falcon

- EarthBound Series -
32. Ness
33. Lucas

- Golden Sun -
34. Issac

- Chibi Robo -
35. Chibi Robo

- 3rd Party Characters -
36. Solid Snake
37. Sonic the Hedgehog
38. Rayman

----------------------------------------------------------

I'll leave the last three for Sakurai to surprise us, but now I give you reasons why I choose who over who, why, and so on. They will be listed in order below.

5. Baby Bowser - Also known as Bowser Jr. or Koopa Kid, Baby Bowser would be a great addition to Brawl. He appears in many Mario games, and while most of them are all sports and party games, he also had major roles in Super Mario Sunshine and New Super Mario Bros. He could use his paint brush, but no shadow Mario transformation please.

14. Mewtwo - I don't like the idea of Mewtwo being a playable character, but I truthfully can't think of better pokemon with accual chances. Only Lucario, no Blaziken.

17./18. Krystal and Wolf O'Donnel - I choose Wolf and Krystal cause they are fan favorites, plus have resonable chances. But I didn't say Falco. Now I DO think that Falco will appear in Brawl, I just dont' want him in, I see Wolf and Krystal more, or atleast Wolf.

27. Eggplant Wizard - Matt C. From IGN Had an interview with Miyamotto a year back. Matt mentioned Pit in Brawl, and it got to Eggplant Wizard. Matt asked if the Eggplant Wizard will make an appearence somewhere, and Miyamotto asked him if he would buy the game if they made it. He said yes, and Miyamotto stated "Well we can't overlook that, the Eggplant Wizard will be returning."

33. Lucas - He was supposed to orriginally been in 64 and Melee, but wasn't, so I see him here somehow.

34. Isaac - He is from the forgotton Golden Sun Series, and is the main character. Yes, he's a sword wielder, but also a Earth User, so you can see some earth type moves coming from him.

35. Now for Rayman, yes, over MegaMan. MegaMan hasn't yet to have a game on the Wii, and very few if any on DS. While Rayman has appeared many of times, and Ubisoft is one of Nintendo's top 3rd Party Devolpers, so I see no reason for Rayman not to be over Megaman. Forget you guys crying about Megaman gone, it's about money, and Rayman would make more.

----------------------------

That's it for me, hope you guys like the list, and please start commenting on this. I worked on this for an hour...

Blackadder

Smash Master
Well, you just spoiled any reason to keep on the cast?
It's a neat little list, but...
Shouldn’t you have PM'd this to a few trusted people?
Now we all kinda know exactly what's coming up for the weeks to come on your bit...
Anyways, with the ones you give descriptions for, you need to say more than
"Baby Bowser would keep a good addition"
Why? How would he work?
Lucas: "I see him being in somehow"
...wha? Sakurai isn't catering to your wants and needs.
Rayman seemed was pretty on ball, apart but you could give a longer description.

All up, a measly 4/10.
Keep at thouhg SU, you can nail this type of thing.
More description, and more reason for them to be.

Also, Baby Bowser is Erroneous.
He is called "Bowser Jr."
They are two different people.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i can't believe you became a debater in one month. i've always wanted to join but i've been too lazy.

i know you were joking anyway, i saw the rest. i just wanted to quote only that little section so other dawn patrol people would see it and get angry, cause that's what i do, make people angry and frustrated while i laugh at them (i know, i'm a bas****)

Blackadder

Smash Master
@Colbusman
Was it under a month? Skill, I tells ya.
And yes, you are an arsehole. XD

@The other guy
Why does no one know? Ask Evil Eye or Crimson King.

And Youko, I'm looking forward to ep. 4!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
@Colbusman
Was it under a month? Skill, I tells ya.
And yes, you are an arsehole. XD

@The other guy
Why does no one know? Ask Evil Eye or Crimson King.

And Youko, I'm looking forward to ep. 4!
I don't like name calling :psycho:

It seems too complicated for me, I could probably pull it off but its too much to think about and organize for myself.

Ep4.. oh tomorrow already right? wow..

Top Bottom