• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
In other, less "Youko is pissed about the new name being suddenly hated on off" stuff,
The preview seems to imply a good episode.
This weeks cast will be one of the star ones, I think.
I mean, such a huge controversal week. Awsome cast, I can feel it.
Heck yeah it's gonna be good, all of them are good.

About the name, like BA, I don't care what it's called. Personally, "Show me ya news" is fine for me.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Not pissed, just rather confused about the reversal. Let's not take extremes, Blackadder...:p

Hope you guys like this week's though, it sure was quite the week to be able to write for...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Not pissed, just rather confused about the reversal. Let's not take extremes, Blackadder...:p

Hope you guys like this week's though, it sure was quite the week to be able to write for...
I'm sure it was, still like I said before. If you need help with anything you could ask me... I really have nothing else to do put post.. Look almost 500 posts and its been what.. 9 days since I joined?

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'

Can't wait to see what you have to say about the, "In dieser welt..."....I mean, "In this world..." update.

Got any specific time that you're gonna release it tommorow?

Blackadder

Smash Master

Lol, I was joking. ;)

On topic: The week really must have been a living hell...
If it's not TO much to reveal, how long is this one?
It must be longer than the others, surely?

*Gives puppy eyes to guilt-trip you into answering "time" question*

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Hah.. too bad I can't lend my voice. I often mumble my words.. and when I do try to speak clearly I get all messed up in my words..

It won't matter to me what time.. I'll wake up at like 2pm tomorrow and I live in Hawaii so I'm behind everyone and it will be released then ^^

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Time tomorrow? I'd hope for around 3:00 (EST), but please don't hold me to that cuz I can't necessarily make guarantees on that.

Length? It's actually probably going to be really similar in length. I have to finish writing some of it, so again I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't expect a big difference in length.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Time tomorrow? I'd hope for around 3:00 (EST), but please don't hold me to that cuz I can't necessarily make guarantees on that.

Length? It's actually probably going to be really similar in length. I have to finish writing some of it, so again I can't say for sure, but I wouldn't expect a big difference in length.
Same length?
Wow, I thought it would be hard to squeeze it all in to..what? 25 mins?
Ehh, I am not the podcasting genius Youko must be.
Welps, 3:00 EST...that's..hmm..monday for me.
Lol, usefull, I can listen to it while waiting for the update. Neat, this should work out everyweek.

EDIT:
Also, this new "intro" section thingy.
I'm really interesting in this, I like this kinda thing.
I may just get of my arse and give it a shot...one day.
In a time far far away, and a galaxy a long time ago.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Qft

I think that's just so incredibly true, don't you? (made by Blackadder and Cless, Uber copywrited)
Clearly another Youko fan.
Clearly.

On topic:
The intro thing could be really interesting Youko, but will it be Bi-weekly, and interweave with the character rating thing? Or is this a weekly segment?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
O_o

I think that's all that has to be said about the photo, haha.

The "Show Yourself" section is hopefully intended to be weekly, I suppose, but it really depends on the input it gets (and that includes people who actually send in their own samples). We'll see how it goes though.

Sariku

Smash Master
O_o

I think that's all that has to be said about the photo, haha.

The "Show Yourself" section is hopefully intended to be weekly, I suppose, but it really depends on the input it gets (and that includes people who actually send in their own samples). We'll see how it goes though.
I accually think it should be the week I'm not doing Whoes In, keeps things neat.us Also, I guess youll be saying more about this soon, but the Show Youself thingy, is it supposed to be recorded or typed, how long, how many will be on it and so on.

Also, I got alittle problem, my computer is virused up, and don't know when it will be fixed... I am using my MP3 Player to record and it accually works really well, but how I'll get the files to you Im not to sure, might be able to get on the laptop... Im on the Wii right now... so this is hard to type... PM me so we can get this settled out... I got Wolf, V**t*, and another character who previously striked out gets another shot for home base.

And yes this is the sane problem you said to reboot it for... as you can see, no luck there.

EDIT:
Sorry for not posting my Cast name opinion... I was busy...
Thanks for liking the names I gave though, Rundown is my fave so far...

Also, is there a way to listen to this on the Wii Browser? Don't know if Ill be able to get on the laptop. If not thats fine though.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
So, I'm guessing the third episode comes out tomorrow?
I can't wait to hear what you guys have to say about Fridays update! Oh man, that update was too intense, it looks amazing though.
Is Sariku going to be in this episode as well? =]

Blackadder

Smash Master
*About the freaky pic Cless and I did*
We were very bored. Well, I know I was. XD

Well, I think all there that's left to today is to wait for the podcast tommorow.
*yawns*
*pulls out a chair*
Lets do this.

Blackadder

Smash Master
*is still waiting*
I surley have no life. ...*plays with thumbs*
*plays with chair*
*plays with...*
Now, hang on..the update will be in what? Roughly 7 hours?
Hmmm...I have some time on my hands left.

Can't wait for the BV (Cless, HI FIVE!!, VERY NICE)
And the new intro section. :D

Sariku

Smash Master
*is still waiting*
I surley have no life. ...*plays with thumbs*
*plays with chair*
*plays with...*
Now, hang on..the update will be in what? Roughly 7 hours?
Hmmm...I have some time on my hands left.

Can't wait for the BV (Cless, HI FIVE!!, VERY NICE)
And the new intro section. :D
It's awesome, espially cause he uses his C.Falcon voice the whole time:laugh:

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
When are you getting an iTunes feed sorted? This manual forum business is very tiring... NAAAT ( - Borat)

(Btw, quality episode)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hopefully the mods will be sorting that matter out sometime this week?

...I hope?

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
*hint hint* :p

Do you have my MSN? Cause I think it'd be nice to discuss things about the podcast (aside from the previous business).

I really want you to get the iTunes thing sorted, though. That'll hit you right up there.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Before I can be beother to review this thing (Why do I do that?) in a few hours, let me just say:
Youko shouting "Show me ya news!" Is hilerious.
Very. hilerious.
Oh, and neat cast! Loved it!

Also, the poke'mon stadium song is in my head..
"Bumbumbuuum(Bopbobop)buuuuum"
That's just awsome.

Fawriel

Smash Master
... I started listening and thought "SHOW ME YOUR NEWS" already made it worth it.
Then I heard some incredible pun that I forgot about now and thought the same.

But the barbershop is FRIKKIN LEGENDARY.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Haha, good job on this episode.. I've been reffering to that mystery Smash Guy as "The Dude" though its nothing fancy its simple.. Though I'm not sure if anyone would know who your talking about.

And you were supposed to thank us for saying you have a schmexy voice! eh?

Sariku

Smash Master
Haha, good job on this episode.. I've been reffering to that mystery Smash Guy as "The Dude" though its nothing fancy its simple.. Though I'm not sure if anyone would know who your talking about.

And you were supposed to thank us for saying you have a schmexy voice! eh?
Wowawaw!!! That was awesome Youko, though it did seem like you stumbled some on "Show Me Your News." Lol, but you just need to get more used to it. I really love your Lucario/Blaziken point. Lucario ownz Blaziken all the way. But anyways, thats just my opinion. Pichu and Lucario, my fave Pokemon. I really think that having Blaziken would be cheesey, I guess just cause he doesn't seem Brawl Worthy, but whatever Sakurai wants goes, lol. I might do Show Youself later, but right now I gotta work on Who's In. Speaking of that, I would like to make an annoucement.

Who's In, as we all now know, is being released Bi-Weekly. This way I can make it (longer?), better, cleaner, and more points, less opinions. This way I can fairly make the decision. I MAY use a rating system, sorta like how X-Play rates games. IF I do, I'll post it here.
This week I MIGHT do four people. One BIG announcement about this is that King Dedede was complained about ALOT during the last one, so I will re-review him this next week. The King and two other characters will be reviewed. Also, looking for a type of catch phrase, PM me if you have any ideas. And thats all.... Youko, I am also about to PM you, so if you can, respond.

-------------------

Anyways, back to Youko, I love the Pokemon Stadium Music, that was priceless. VERY AWESOME INDEED.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Who's In, as we all now know, is being released Bi-Weekly. This way I can make it (longer?), better, cleaner, and more points, less opinions.
I thought you wanted to say harder, better, faster, stronger.

But I think one-manned podcasts are just... I don't know... They're not really dynamic. Couldn't the host team up with another Smashboards member? Right now it could as well be just a few written articles. We need more dynamics, opinions don't work without it.

Fawriel

Smash Master
IF you are going to consider doing an actual discussion or something, you know I'd be willing to help out. I've got the equipment, the opinions and the skills the ego.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I think that if you are going to do this multi-man podcast, the best way is to use Skype.

Sariku

Smash Master
I think that if you are going to do this multi-man podcast, the best way is to use Skype.
IF you are going to consider doing an actual discussion or something, you know I'd be willing to help out. I've got the equipment, the opinions and the skills the ego.
I thought you wanted to say harder, better, faster, stronger.

But I think one-manned podcasts are just... I don't know... They're not really dynamic. Couldn't the host team up with another Smashboards member? Right now it could as well be just a few written articles. We need more dynamics, opinions don't work without it.
He cant do a multiman one... unless you want the casts Biweekly... takes alot of time

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Ok fellas, I'm gonna say this again - I'm pretty sure I mentioned it a while back, but I'll repeat it.

There is already a podcast hosted by the Smashboards that has dynamic conversation. It is called the SmashCast.

I work two jobs and take summer classes. Doing a WEEKLY podcast with someone else online and maintaining the same quality you've all become accustomed to would be nigh impossible.

I'm sorry if this disappoints some of you, and I appreciate the input and advice, but that's pretty much why I stress community involvement with the Brawl Viewpoint/Show Yourself/whatever other ideas we come up with for segments. Because that's about as good as it's going to get in terms of hearing others' opinions if you want this weekly...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
VERY nice job on all three podcasts. I didn't find out about them until a couple days ago, but I'll be sure to become a regular listener. That extra you added in after the closing theme in Episode3...was amazing. You guys are my friggin' heroes!

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
Great job Youko,your podcasts are always fun and insightful.Great job too,Cless! Way to represent the DP! :)

The barbershop quartet=godlike. :grin:

Top Bottom