• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Uchiha's anti-Dedede argument was flawed. He was one of the top characters in the thread and was also in the Beta for the original. He is a shoe-in.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Haa ha!
"Show me ya news!"

I like it. I like it a lot!
I think we should go with that one, Youko. It seems like most people think it's awsome, and YOU doing a Falcon voice? That's just to cool not to wan't to here, and play over and over, (laughing hard neach time) untill it becomes world famous..I'm ranting now.

Um, so yeah! "Show me ya news!" =FTW. Was it Fawriel that suggested it?

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
Haa ha!
"Show me ya news!"

I think we should go with that one, Youko. It seems like most people think it's awsome, and YOU doing a Falcon voice? That's just to cool not to wan't to here, and play over and over, (laughing hard neach time) untill it becomes world famous..I'm ranting now.

Um, so yeah! "Show me ya news!" =FTW. Was it Fawriel that suggested it?
I agree Show me your news FTW!!!

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
Awesome Podcast as last time :p
I totally agree on that release date stuff. If there's such a small amount of text as it is in Brawl I think they would be able to translate it into one language in a day (yep im serious).

The sonic thingy also seems plausible to me.
I wouldnt play him but i also wouldnt mind him in..

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Your podcasts rock! Definitely worth listening to! :) Though someone else on it would be nice, decieding who would be a hastle. Great job though, I commend your work! :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Well then, we seem to have a winner in "Show Me Your News!" Way to go, Fawriel!

The problems with having another person on the show to make the conversation "dynamic" are:

1) The potential bickering and pressure of me having to choose one
2) My schedule: I work two jobs and take summer classes and I still can pull this off, but coordinating discussion with someone else would complicate things tenfold.
3) There's already another podcast with "dynamic conversation". It's called the SmashCast. :)
4) ...I thought everyone loved my voice? Hahaha, JK! :p

I'm already opening up the floor to other voices/opinions for the Brawl Viewpoint and other potential segments people have ideas for...which reminds me...

*Updates news*

There's no need to tell you, I'm a fridge, goddam
*bump* lol i felt the need it was drifting down the second page.
so anyway, im excited about the next podcast. with what we have already and might get for the rest of the week, it should be interesting. im also looking forward to 'show me your news' lol. and i want to see if my brawl viewpoint made it :) so great job youko the podcast rox!

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
It always seems that Sakurai makes some filler updates with one huge drama/argument starting update in each week.
Last week was the AC Character/Level Debate.
This week is the Zamus/Samus debate.
Sakurai must be loving this.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
God Youko,I hope you can try to come up with something that makes sense for this "This world" update thing today....

Fawriel

Smash Master
I hope the podcast doesn't have a set time, because, my god, you could fill two hours with this week. o_0

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I hope the podcast doesn't have a set time, because, my god, you could fill two hours with this week. o_0
If its that long I hope an hour of it isn't Sariku's.. hehe... Or Youko's for that matter.. Might explode from the over exposure of sexiness.

Blackadder

Smash Master
My god.
We all wanna here the cast. We listen religously. XD

Youko, the weeks news will surley provide a challenge for you?
Good luck with the news! It's been a crazy week, and your Uber awsome voice gets to tell us what happend all over again!! XD

I'm so tingly.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
My god.
We all wanna here the cast. We listen religously. XD

Youko, the weeks news will surley provide a challenge for you?
Good luck with the news! It's been a crazy week, and your Uber awsome voice gets to tell us what happend all over again!! XD

I'm so tingly.
I actually don't listen to it religiously.

I listen to it while I'm posting around here and often miss some of the words... Then again I'm not a religious sort of person so that could be it. Still awaiting more though.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I actually don't listen to it religiously.

I listen to it while I'm posting around here and often miss some of the words... Then again I'm not a religious sort of person so that could be it. Still awaiting more though.
Lol, I do exactly what you do.
I still enjoy it though. It's kinda the only thing keeping me sane over the weekends. I like the insight it gives, and the neat lil' recap of the week.

And who IS religous anymore? XD

*Sorry if I offended anyone*

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Lol, I do exactly what you do.
I still enjoy it though. It's kinda the only thing keeping me sane over the weekends. I like the insight it gives, and the neat lil' recap of the week.

And who IS religous anymore? XD

*Sorry if I offended anyone*
OH you totally offended me man. Totally.

As a matter of fact I declare a smash brothers holy war on you. =p

En Guarde!

Blackadder

Smash Master
OH you totally offended me man. Totally.

As a matter of fact I declare a smash brothers holy war on you. =p

En Guarde!
Haha.
I'm no stranger to this **** buddy!
I do however, cheat.
*Wips out Desert Eagle*
*Shoots you*
Sucker. (;

Anyways, That was just spam, which I seem to be infmaous for.
So um...Youko for Brawl!

Sariku

Smash Master
LMAO, Sexy Voices, lol... Youko and his voice of sexiness...

Also, my section is only BiWeekly for the next few episodes ATLEAST! Just cause i have alot of stuff going on right now, my computer is screwed up, and so on. Don't wanna waste all the good characters in the first couple of months. So this way the reviews will be fairer, neater, and... um... no MSN Messager noises... I'll probably be recording this on my MP3 player...

And about the name of the the podcast, truthfully, I think SHOW ME YOUR NEWS is a horrible NAME for a podcast, it would be cool for a slogan and such, but there are really so many better ones you could of used. Like just for example, The Rundown is a really good podcast name, chosen from you reviewing the week that was. SmashFest is also kind of cool, but it's your podcast, and you do all the work, so its all up to you^^ Just posting my opinion on this.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
LMAO, Sexy Voices, lol... Youko and his voice of sexiness...

Also, my section is only BiWeekly for the next few episodes ATLEAST! Just cause i have alot of stuff going on right now, my computer is screwed up, and so on. Don't wanna waste all the good characters in the first couple of months. So this way the reviews will be fairer, neater, and... um... no MSN Messager noises... I'll probably be recording this on my MP3 player...

And about the name of the the podcast, truthfully, I think SHOW ME YOUR NEWS is a horrible NAME for a podcast, it would be cool for a slogan and such, but there are really so many better ones you could of used. Like just for example, The Rundown is a really good podcast name, chosen from you reviewing the week that was. SmashFest is also kind of cool, but it's your podcast, and you do all the work, so its all up to you^^ Just posting my opinion on this.
Aww really... hehe

I agree, I don't really like "SHOW ME YOUR NEWS" as the name, more of a slogan.. "The DOJO, Show me your news!" since you get others peoples opinions and such.

I'm not good with coming up with names or anything so.. What ever is best for your own podcast.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Aww really... hehe

I agree, I don't really like "SHOW ME YOUR NEWS" as the name, more of a slogan.. "The DOJO, Show me your news!" since you get others peoples opinions and such.

I'm not good with coming up with names or anything so.. What ever is best for your own podcast.
I think it is more..."SLogan-ish".
But I still think it's neat. I honestly don't care, I just say "Youko's podcast" anyways.

Sariku

Smash Master
Aww really... hehe

I just think it's a really weird name... SmashBoards already took the best name, SmashCast. But I think that "The Rundown" is the best name for it, not cause I came up with it, but it just has that Podcast feel to it... SHOW YOUR NEWS! Does not...

soaz

Smash Ace
finally some1 fights for the europeans.I CANT WAIT UNTIL 2008.Are you playing the polish version of pokemon theme in the background while you talk about pokemon?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Wow, funny how these types of opinions NEVER surfaced when the decision was actually being made...

Show Me Your News is indeed extremely awesome.
Haa ha!
"Show me ya news!"

I agree Show me your news FTW!!!

Anyway...for those that are saying "Keep The DOJO!!," you obviously do not remember why there had to be a name change in the first place...

We're encouraging a different name because "The Dojo!!" already exists, complete with two exclamation points. It's the official site. "The Dojo!!" is indeed a good name -- which is why Nintendo's marketing arm chose it.

Good work, by the way. I look forward to incorporating this into our regular schedule.

In other news, the PREVIEW FOR EP. 3 IS UP, so ch-ch-check it out!

Blackadder

Smash Master
I never stated I didn't like it in my "negative" comment.
I said it sounda a little slogany.
But still, (again, as I said) I honestly don't care what it's called, as long as it's the same cast. Show my your moves/The DOJO!!...s'all good for me. XD

Blackadder

Smash Master
In other, less "Youko is pissed about the new name being suddenly hated on off" stuff,
The preview seems to imply a good episode.
This weeks cast will be one of the star ones, I think.
I mean, such a huge controversal week. Awsome cast, I can feel it.

Top Bottom