• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
Great job Youko,your podcasts are always fun and insightful.Great job too,Cless! Way to represent the DP! :)

The barbershop quartet=godlike. :grin:
Absolutely great cast Youko, top notch!

Thx Blood, XD. I see you're rockin' teh banner I made for us (I know, it took forever, lolz!)

OMG, loved the Quartet, best Stadium rendition ever!

BTW, Youko, where'd you get that remix of the melee menu music? It sounds great.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Where the heck is the link to EP.3?

-Nvm got it.

Avoiding Double Post:

I just finished listening to the episode. It was great. I especially liked Cless' view on our music updates, and I agree with him. Also Youko, I liked how informative and suggestive you were about the new Mode update. I also like how you said "Let's hope next weeks updates answer questions instead of creating more" .
Also, I completely ADORE the quartet and I'm sending it to friends =] .

Florida

イーグランツ
The third episode is out, now for my also-weekly review:
First off, I gotta say that I agree with the title in everyway, but the way you say it on the podcast, is just hideous :(

Your Poke'mon views are agreeable, Lucario is the choice I'd prefer over Deoxys. But Munchlax is a newcomer for the Poke'mon franchise that I think we can truely expect to appear in Brawl, hearing that you're talking about it depending on popularity and all. I don't get what people saw in Deoxys besides him changing forms, I really couldn't imagine him being a PC for Brawl.

"Sheiki-fied", I love it!
The Samus / Zamus debate indeed was shut down after Wednesday's update, and I didn't really know what to think about the update, should I be glad or mad? After a while, I concluded that I just won't care :p although, it would be nice if Zamus could be "Sheiki-fied" indeed. I personally think that Sakurai had more in mind for Metroid than just Zamus, Ridley is one of the more ensured characters to make it in. Considering he's one of the more popular characters, and top on Sakurai's poll.

I'm not going to comment on anything issueing your "This World..." discussion. You seem pretty dead on. 'Show Yourself' seems pretty cool, a nice addition for an ever-other week submission to the show.

cless_mint... :)
Music updates are neutral for me, I don't mind them, but I wouldn't mind updates with more enthusiasm either. You were also sort of hard to listen to, just to point that out (not saying that I could do any better), but you should cut back on slang and such.

Marth + Ike + Possible Hector.
That's what I'm expecting for the Fire Emblem franchise in Brawl.
I know that it's fitting for background music when you're discussion is based off of music updates... but it is a tad annoying. But maybe that's just me.

There wasn't all that much to reply back to in this episode, but it was awesome as usual!
I've gotta say, that the new theme is at least something interesting to listen to. :)
Poke'mon Stadium beat, oh dear I've gotta put that on my Myspace :p
Good job Youko, and cless_mint!!

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
cless_mint... :)
Music updates are neutral for me, I don't mind them, but I wouldn't mind updates with more enthusiasm either. You were also sort of hard to listen to, just to point that out (not saying that I could do any better), but you should cut back on slang and such.

Marth + Ike + Possible Hector.
That's what I'm expecting for the Fire Emblem franchise in Brawl.
I know that it's fitting for background music when you're discussion is based off of music updates... but it is a tad annoying. But maybe that's just me.

There wasn't all that much to reply back to in this episode, but it was awesome as usual!
I've gotta say, that the new theme is at least something interesting to listen to. :)
Poke'mon Stadium beat, oh dear I've gotta put that on my Myspace :p
Good job Youko, and cless_mint!!
XD, you oughta hear me talking normally. I used my best NON-southern accent for that. lolz! I talk a little too fast too.

I agree with your marth+ike+hector idea. That's who I'd WANT to be in, just not sure what they're gonna do with Marth.

LOLZ, background music. I have to admit, after I submitted my viewpoint, I listened to it again and thought some people might be annoyed by it. I didn't bother to take it out though. BTW, first song was Sanitarium by Metallica, and second was something I made up. XD

I agree about the theme. I just found it on google and I'm downloading it now. Rocks hard.

About Lucario, I forgot to say, I agree with you and Youko about him. To me, he is a very good pokemon to choose. He's utterly cool too, lolz.

Oh, and thanks for saying good job, XD.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
cless mint, i don't think i ever would have imagined you with that voice. you sound like you're over 20 or something.

oh youko, i don't like the fact we HAVE to have audio for show yourself. i don't have any audio recordings on my laptop, and i really want to show a profile.

oh well, i can still give a brawl viewpoint at least

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
cless mint, i don't think i ever would have imagined you with that voice. you sound like you're over 20 or something.

oh youko, i don't like the fact we HAVE to have audio for show yourself. i don't have any audio recordings on my laptop, and i really want to show a profile.

oh well, i can still give a brawl viewpoint at least
XD, 20 something? lolz, thx. Everyone here (in my town) always thinks I'm 18; I'm 16, lolz. BUT, that's my VERY subdued accent. I usually talk REALLY southern. To the point where some go, "WTF did he say????" XD. Imagine that, lolz

If you want a great free program to record with, get Audacity. That's what I used. If you get it and need help with it, pm me.

Blackadder

Smash Master
SlackBladder's in depth.

@egruntz

Zomg. Enemy reviewer! :p

Youko, you know the style.
I listen, I write, you (Don't) read. Les' do it.

The title: "SHOW ME YA NEWS!"
It doesn't sound as bad as many assumed it would.
I don't mind it at all, really. Neat.

The basic review: (Now in one fat meaty chunk!)
It seems you jazzed up the tunes, to suit the new "Style" you seem to have adopted. Did any one else notice? I'll get to it later.
*Listens* Yadda yadda, into…show yourself...bi weekly...
can't wait...recap...rundown…oh wait! that's my queue!
The rundown is, as always, were the real interest of many lies. The Deoxys points are, in typical Youko fashion, brilliant, unbiased, and smart.
the lucario talk is a good point, giving the good reasons to why he should be in. As always, you give the view that should be viewed.
You seem to be stretching things a bit on this update, but maybe that's just me.
The controversial Zamus talk, I was waiting for this all week. Points=awesomely awesomely awesome. You seem like your trying to reassure people here, and I agree with many of your points, that she may well have more than just the Bacon to bring her out.
The EXTREEMLY intriguing update, I was wondering how you would handle this subject. You do it wonderfully, but it was a let down. It was all the theory’s I have heard 80 times over. But maybe that’s why I found this tedious? So that's fine, really. Okay this made me laugh. "Oh, there's Bowser in the clouds, ect". Wonderful, though hinting at the new style I feel.
Show yourself:
What’s there to say? I'll tell ya what.
"Pwn you noobs!". I laughed hard Youko. Have mercy XD
Main: Fox and Falcon? I was intrigued by this, Youko!
Falcon is a cheap rip off of Ganon!!
...right?...right?
Brawl viewpoint:
Cless-Mint. Once again, we DP members have our place in this world of pod casting.
Cless, I've heard this a million times as our test-boy, but it's still neat.
You sound a little sloppy, and stumble a bit, and maybe ramble, but it isn't bad Cless. Nice job. 7/10.

*Adds and contact stuff*

Youko, I enjoyed this addition. Not loved it, but enjoyed it.
I guess the awesomeness of it all is dying down a bit, but still, BEST yet. By far.
You have mastered the "Not stumbling" I hoped you would, and sound so professional.
Now, the style...it seems. flashier. Faster? Slicker? With a different humour..
I loved this new thing, though was it just I that noticed?
Oh, and the barbershop was priceless.
"BumbumbumbumbumBUUUM (Bobbb)"
You sir, are a genius.

This was a rushed in depth, and I hate myself for this. :(
Very sorry. I will be better organized next time. Promise XD
Overall: 8.8/10

"Bobob..bumbumbumbum..."
Btw, even YOUKO knows of Dawn patrols "Music FTW!" taste? woot.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Aw, I'm sorry you don't like the Falconized-Youko voice, egruntz...I tried to say it along with a recorded clip of his taunt, so it's rather dead-on...oh well, it only appears 3 times, anyway.

The theme? Yeah, I personally took a midi of Menu 1 and reorchestrated it to make it "rock". So I don't know how you found it on Google, cless, cuz I have probably the only mp3 of it...:p

I'm glad the Youko Barbershop Quartet is going over so well. It was something last-minute and I figured a lot of you might be all WTF over it, but it was worth a shot. Any suggestions for next week's song?

Blackadder

Smash Master
I was actually thinking of enterting the "Theme song for DOJO" contest with summat similar to the thing you did.
I was gonna do the song from the "Kriby 64" stage.
I think it's awsome, and challenging.
MAKE MY FAILED DREAM COME TRUE O' YOUKO!!

Blackadder

Smash Master
I love listening to your Podcasts. Not to sound weird, but I find your voice very easy to listen to. :] Keep up the great work.
Buddy, you don't sound weird.
Trust me. :)

...Youko's voice is schmexy, no?

@Youko
Have you ever thought of making an article on your cast on Smashwiki?
*just a suggestion*

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Eh Youko.. Took my advice with the background music? *wink*
Might want to submit something for my "Show Yourself"

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Youko: I'd love to hear a remixed Super Mario Underwater Theme. ^^ I was actually surprised by how high your "shmexy" deep voice could reach, so perhaps you wouldn't have to drop the melody down an octave, but that's entirely up to you.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Haha, no, colbusman, not all of us are hitting on him. That's exactly why I put "shmexy" in quotations, to point out that I was using someone else's words rather than my own. I think Youko has a fine charismatic voice but that's all; it deffinately doesn't get me going by any means. ._o

Blackadder

Smash Master
Haha, no, colbusman, not all of us are hitting on him. That's exactly why I put "shmexy" in quotations, to point out that I was using someone else's words rather than my own. I think Youko has a fine charismatic voice but that's all; it deffinately doesn't get me going by any means. ._o
lol, same here.
It's just he is rather charismatic yes, and kind of easy to listen to.
It's not like we all want to have sex with him, lulz. :p

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
ah see, that and your location gives me that assumption. for the past page everyone is using "shmexy" and that to me is hitting on someone. i don't call any males "shmexy" or any other type of word like that, it's wrong.

women, however:lick:

Sariku

Smash Master
Hey Sariku,here's an idea for the "who's in": Fox and Krystal,who has the better shot, will they both get slots,or will neither of them get in?
This week is already confirmed. Fox is already in the game, so no review for him. Krystal will get one, but at a later date.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
ah see, that and your location gives me that assumption. for the past page everyone is using "shmexy" and that to me is hitting on someone. i don't call any males "shmexy" or any other type of word like that, it's wrong.

women, however:lick:
Well guys can be sexy just as girls can be, if it's true than there's no harm in admitting it. I just wanted to clarify that I can use a word without fully agreeing with its implied meaning. In other words, maybe a female would listen to his deep voice and find it sexy, and even though that doesn't necessarily mean I think that it's sexy, this fact doesn't make his voice not sexy.

What's my location got to do with this? Have you READ some of the locations people have on this site?

EDIT: Would you believe some people thought something other than me being homosexual based on that location? Honestly, humans these days...

Blackadder

Smash Master
Okay everyone chill out.
The whole Youko's voice thing is just a silly little joke/meme on this thread.
No need for us to all get so heated over it, yeah? :)

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Okay everyone chill out.
The whole Youko's voice thing is just a silly little joke/meme on this thread.
No need for us to all get so heated over it, yeah? :)
I said that about his voice because it was a joke from back a year or two for me.

(A friend of mine showed me a picture of his paintball gun and he was holding it in front of him with one hand and taking the picture with the other. And I said "Your hand is hot")

Who was the first to say his voice was sexy? O.o Or.. "Shmexy"?

Blackadder

Smash Master
I said that about his voice because it was a joke from back a year or two for me.

(A friend of mine showed me a picture of his paintball gun and he was holding it in front of him with one hand and taking the picture with the other. And I said "Your hand is hot")

Who was the first to say his voice was sexy? O.o Or.. "Shmexy"?
Ha, ironicly, you.
Summat like "His voice is so Shmexy"
"Youko's voice for Brawl!"

XD

Blackadder

Smash Master
Of course I knew it was me!
I just wanted to know if people were paying attention to me -.-
But you agree right?
Well, yeah.
This debate is rather silly I think, I mean, what is it about?

..us wanting to f**k Youko right? That's actually kinda amusing! :chuckle:
But yeah, I agree. It's really all just larks, the whole "Sexy Youko voice" thing.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
...OK, seriously? There's nothing to even debate about here. And honestly, it's just rather awkward - or maybe cuz it's my VOICE out of all things that this is centering around...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
By all means, you guys can talk about the podcast, you don't need to shut up about that...:p haha

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Haha...anyway...

I like the "one host" style of the podcast. Adding a second or third person would turn it from an informative rant into a debate. I go on Smashboards to debate, and I listen to podcasts to get a recap, the opinions in which are a compromise between the main prevailing arguments of said debate on Smashboards. Smashcasts are for debates. Speaking of which, anyone know why we're not getting another Smashcast? Or is there another and I just missed it...

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Well like I said, I originated it from an old joke of mine. Didn't think it would really go that far...

How would you get more than one person at the same time? Go on Teamspeak or Ventrillo and record that?...

Vent.. so many World of Warcraft memories..

Edit: And Hey Youko.. http://www.podcastpeople.com/

Top Bottom