• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
If anyone knows Youko's aim name, please send it to me at ScavMF.

And yes, Smashboards is thoroughly buggy right now.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
If anyone knows Youko's aim name, please send it to me at ScavMF.

And yes, Smashboards is thoroughly buggy right now.

Fawriel

Smash Master
So.... Sariku is going to be in every podcast now?

Improvements are necessary. The music got kinda annoying. The choice of characters was partially redundant... I mean, seriously, who cares about Plusle and Minun? There was a thread for them way back, but that doesn't mean much. There's a thread for all kinds of crap.
And most importantly, Sariku, you don't seem very qualified. "Mediocre at best" for Dedede? He's one of the most likely additions, and definitely incredibly unique. How does having a hammer take AWAY from moveset possibilities? That makes no sense at all. Almost every member of these boards will tell you similar things about Dedede, I'm pretty certain.

I don't mean to offend you, but... yeah.

Florida

イーグランツ
Awesome, second episode. :)
Thanks for posting the link Sensai, time to post some serious comments.

About "The DOJO!!"'s name, it should seriously be Show Me Your News!, I know it sounds too fanboyish of Captain Falcon, but it does make a really good title. Kudos to whoever suggested that one.

As for your theme for Show Me Your News! (;o), I like the current one you have. The Battlefield theme, How to Play music, etc. fits well with the podcast. If you don't get any better submissions, you should stick with what you have.

December 3rd is a really nice date for Brawl to be released. For one, it gives the developers time to complete and finalize everything that they're preparing for us, and it also gives the fans some time to save up some money, and get all set. October 23rd, you were only 2 months off Youko. Don't worry, I think you win at internets. :)

"I think we can all believe that it'll be a great thing to see. No wait, scratch that, it's a GREAT thing to see." - or something along the lines of that. A simple error, that I just had to post down to let you know about. It sort of bothers me when I find mistakes though, cause then it's the only thing I notice afterwards >.>

Reggie basically just said that the information which we would've learned during the E3 week was only a begining (the release date, the trailers, Smashville, etc.). He simply meant that there will be at least 100+ updates more of information that will blow our minds (well, some of them). I think you're taking that part of what Reggie said a little too far.

The developers that are working on Brawl stated that they wouldn't have any information at E3 before hand, so I don't get why everyone became angry and surprised when the day came and nothing happened. They said that they wanted to continue to work on the game, to be true to their release date. And I think that's better than another 2 minute trailer. We did somewhat get news, and big news to boot. The release date, and a new veteran, is what I think everyone was expecting for E3 (check some previous posts, before E3).

Melee was release December 3rd 2001, am I correct? And then it was released for other countries (besides the americas) about 5+ months afterwards. If they're trying to relate Brawl to Melee as best as they can, in the matter of release, then I feel sorry for the other countries. But I'm pretty sure that they'll do there best to get the game ready for the other fans, we have no clue how much longer they'll have to wait after us Americans. It could be a matter of weeks, months, half a year? Who knows.

I'm pretty sure that the Japaneese version of the game will be perfected before the English versions, but I'm pretty definite that the different versions will be released at the same time (december 3rd).

Not all of the Assist Trophies have icons, so that assumption is incorrect. Samurai Goroh had the F-Zero icon, but mainly only because Captain Falcon and his stages are semi-confirmed. No? Then how come Dr. Wright doesn't have an icon of his own? You gotta look more deeply into those sort of things. Agreed that Smashville is one of the better stages, I'm rather excited. Now for Sariku's review:

Sariuku, you sound like you're trying to disguise your voice too much, sounds rather inhuman actually. But that's besides the point xD. The matter of having 3 reps for the Dreamland franchise shouldn't be a problem. For one, Mario's series has 6, having three for one of Sakurai's own creations, should not be anything to worry about. Besides, Dedede has been planned for the original, AND Melee, if he doesn't show up in Brawl then many fans will be disappointed.

I admit that for a short time I've wanted Plusle and Minun included in Brawl, but now I am solid that it's a bad idea, which is agreeing with you. Pichu is more deserving than them, however. But other Poke'mon (Munchlax, *cough*) do deserve a spot in Brawl before them. And we don't need to be flooded with Poke'mon reps in the game as well.

Sonic is a tricky issue for me. It sort of seems definite that he will be in Brawl, but I personally just don't get how his moveset would work out. He'd be way too unoriginal. But everyone would be awaiting the all-so-famous "Mario vs. Sonic" match, if he is confirmed.

"Yoo-koo", haha. Just the way you pernounced that was hilarious. Also, you can hear a MSN messager bleep right after you get done. :p IDK, some minor details I've figured out. Blackadder:

Hopefully Ganondorf will make it into Brawl, with Sakurai's want to remove most clones, his moveset would be ever-so satisfying. He'd most likely use his sword, since we all assume that he's going to take design from the Twilight Princess game.

His Final Smash being just a simple "sword-slash"? C'mon, you can get more original than that, I've seen a lot of your posts here at SWF ;). His Final Smash could be summoning a the black hole portal he uses throughout the games, and he can wield it to suck in any opponent that gets to close, leading to an instant K.O. But of course, there would be limits to how long it lasts, and how far the range is.

Ganondorf should be slow, yet powerful in Brawl. Like what he is in Melee, only the moves could have a little more use for them. An example of a useless move, is the up-tilt, or neutralB in Melee. If Ganondorf's moveset is changed, he shouldn't keep the same downB move, upB move, etc. as which he has now in Melee. The developers can get a little more original, and you Ganondorf players can get used to a new, and hopefully better, style for him.

And that should wrap it all up. Another good episode of Show Me Your News ;)
Though there were quite a few things I disagreed with, but that's what sharing our own points of view with each other is for.

Sticky this mods. >_>

Blackadder

Smash Master
SlackBladder's in depth review

Well, Youko, I just listening to the second in what seems to be becoming a real series of casts.
Once again, I would like to spend (Waste?) my time reviewing the Pod cast in all it's glory. I'll be listening to it again, typing what I think of it as I go.
And it's good you got a way of getting it on the thread, even if it wasn't you that posted it.
*rewinds cast*
and...go!

*Intro*
A quick swish-over of what we can expect on this weeks casting...
Beautifully worded, spoken, and there doesn't seem to be a single
stumble. That was a really star moment. Even if it was only 2 mins long.

*Podcast news*
So we have pod cast news section then do we?
Not much to address here, other than you did it without a single stutter.

*The rundown*
Ah, here we go! This is when we get interesting!
You start of mentioning the ever-controversial release date for Brawl, (Also mentioning how your pessimistic guess was wrong).

The 15 second trailer part is rather interesting, giving us a little bit of opinion on some parts. The DK accident/hint is padded on a bit, which is nice, it's important news, and you also bring up the new textures of the characters. It seems there wasn't much to talk about this week, as you almost seem prolonging it a bit every so often.

The news on Reggie lying on E3 is Podcast worthy news, and you speak that wonderfully. It seems you worked hard to avoid tripping over your voice again, and that’s wonderful progress, considering it's been only a week.
The talk of the conference being a disappointment, was excellently done.
Loved it. You gave us in-depth news, about the problems of it, and the fact that is was heavily marketed for the "casual player"

The release date...here we go. You put reason to why it's coming out so late in the year (Thanks Halo) which is always good, I like to hear the "Other sides" to news. You really seem to put on the good points about exactly WHY people like me are extremely pissed of about the late date for us. The Japanese date...I never really thought of that, but you're right! Once again, you bring us news!

Update rundown:
You focus entirely on the SmashVille update, (Prolly because that’s all that was interesting). you fill us in with what it's going to be like (Including that’s it's one of the few tourney legal stages) and about the music the stage will hold.
The animal crossing wars of the characters being in is talked about sensibly, with you not jumping to insane conclusions, like many have already done.
You bring up every good point as why they may/may not be in Brawl.
And I haven't heard any really noticeable voice stumbles! Wonderful!!

*The other guy*
The who's in section is new, so I guess I'll be easy on saraku.
I guess I'm reviewing urchin here, so lets listen.
Also, to Youko, wonderful that you let others in on the cast, it's good to see you were serious about letting others in.

King Dedede: You give us a quick rundown on what attacks he could have, what he is, and his chances. Only mediocre, I'd say maybe I little higher myself.

Pulse and...the other one: Thankfully you said they won't be in.
Though, I can't help but think they were a filler, as I've never heard any speculation that they may be in ever anyways? I may be incorrect there, but you may wan't to keep on characters that have been speculated about.

Sonic: You give us pretty good reasoning as to why Sonic will likely be in, and what his move set may be. There isn’t much to say, other than
SONIC FTW!!

In that section, you stumbled a lot, and sounded stale. I think you need a little for practice, but I think you can really get good if you try.
I'll quickly rate that section a 6/10

*Brawl viewpoint*
Oh man this was both awesome and nerve-racking.
I guess I'll be reviewing Youko's reading of my text. This is a little odd, as you seem to be stuttering and stumbling a bit more, akin to the first cast.
This is probably because you didn't have much time to grow familiar with the text, and because it isn't written in your style, making it a little bit harder.
You read it generally well though, and let it flow. I think with the future Brawl Viewpoints you may want to practice them a little more, (well, the written ones). You read it out very well though, considering it was unfamiliar writing to you, and a new section. Pretty awesome job, all up. It was still cool to here your hypnotic voice reading my view out though..

*adds*
This are the same as last week, so there fine.
I like the constant attempts to get other involved, that’s a huge plus.

*Teh edn*

All up, I thought it was a great cast, improving on most of the troubles of the first (Pilot) casting. There was little to no voice stumbles, (save for the Brawl viewpoint, you may need practice them in future).
You also seemed at the start to be prolonging the news, almost as if you needed to milk things a bit. But on the flip side, this Pod was longer than the first, so maybe I'm off on that statement.
In all and all, I would gibe it...*drum roll*
8/10!
Great job Youko!
(Also, I spell checked this review, to make it easier to read)

Sariku

Smash Master

Improvements are necessary. The music got kinda annoying. The choice of characters was partially redundant... I mean, seriously, who cares about Plusle and Minun? There was a thread for them way back, but that doesn't mean much. There's a thread for all kinds of crap.
And most importantly, Sariku, you don't seem very qualified. "Mediocre at best" for Dedede? He's one of the most likely additions, and definitely incredibly unique. How does having a hammer take AWAY from moveset possibilities? That makes no sense at all. Almost every member of these boards will tell you similar things about Dedede, I'm pretty certain.

Hey dude, I really like feedback. I was VERY Scared when I did it, cause my voice worries me, so feminish. I do sound very opinionated during the thing, so I am trying to fix that. Infact, you guys will like next weeks better. I keep my opinions out of the way alot more.

About the music, I'll try to find a way to get it... less annoying. Or just cut it out, depends.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master

I agree with this 100 percent.

Sariku

Smash Master
Hey dude, I really like feedback. I was VERY Scared when I did it, cause my voice worries me, so feminish. I do sound very opinionated during the thing, so I am trying to fix that. Infact, you guys will like next weeks better. I keep my opinions out of the way alot more.

About the music, I'll try to find a way to get it... less annoying. Or just cut it out, depends.
Well you can read this too.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I'm kinda not feeling Sariku...

His voice is a little too pre-pubescent and a bit too opinionated...

But Youko's voice was thouroughly orgasmic.
Keep up the fantastic work, Youko!
Let's have sex!

Blackadder

Smash Master

Let's have sex!
Okay, thats hilerious.
Is it just me, or does everyone love Youko's voice for some reason?

..including me.

Sariku

Smash Master

Let's have sex!
Thats my biggest weekness. My voice, part English, so some words sound weird, and isn't the "clearest." But I had over a week to work on the next one, so hopefully you will enjoy it more. Sorry for any inconvenience.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Oh no, It was your first time, and the only other tip I can offer is the sound quality.
It was a little fuzzy, so if you can fix that, I would gladly tolorate your next "Who's In" analysis!

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
The reason Youko's posts sound so good is because he records the podcasts with his pants off. :lick:

Sariku

Smash Master
Oh no, It was your first time, and the only other tip I can offer is the sound quality.
It was a little fuzzy, so if you can fix that, I would gladly tolorate your next "Who's In" analysis!
Awesome, at least I heard one good feedback, lol.

Blackadder

Smash Master
As would I.
It just needs practice, and less focus on "Pulse and minun".
I mean, who even thought of them?
Also, you should get second opionions on what you think the odds of a charcter getting in are. look around, and make an intelligent guess.

Sariku

Smash Master
As would I.
It just needs practice, and less focus on "Pulse and minun".
I mean, who even thought of them?
Also, you should get second opionions on what you think the odds of a charcter getting in are. look around, and make an intelligent guess.
I would say PM me with your suggestions, but seeing how that is impossible right now...

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
@Sariku: I say you focus on G&W, IC's and FE characters chances making a reappearance in brawl.

That would be a good listen.

Got Blood?

Smash Lord
One thing that Youko does very well that you should do Sariku,is not be so biased in your section of the podcast.I agree with Fawriel that DeeDee is almost a shoe in for brawl,if nto,the most certain character to appear,and saying his c hances of appearing are mediocre? That's laughable.You have to be able to give the opinion/viewpoint from an objective stance.

Sariku

Smash Master
One thing that Youko does very well that you should do Sariku,is not be so biased in your section of the podcast.I agree with Fawriel that DeeDee is almost a shoe in for brawl,if nto,the most certain character to appear,and saying his c hances of appearing are mediocre? That's laughable.You have to be able to give the opinion/viewpoint from an objective stance.
Which I think I am doing very well so far for next week. Again, I dotn like excuses, but that was my first time, and had to do it all in a few hours, so it was weak. Very weak, but this next week I have over a week to work on it, and so far, is shaping up not to be an opinionated section. You will see A character whit a great chance of coming, a character with a small chance, and a character, well, you'll have to wait and see.

Florida

イーグランツ
One thing that Youko does very well that you should do Sariku,is not be so biased in your section of the podcast.
And his voice is dead sexy <3
Kids such as myself still need to mature and get more MANLY :mad:
But seriously, don't worry about it Sariku, I'm sure next week will be better. You just need practice.

nuro

Smash Lord
Have anyone of you guys heard the www.smashbrawl.com podcasts? They are great even better than this(my opinion).

I found out that melee was actually a lot different when it was in development.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vAuZnnzoaIE&mode=related&search=

They talk about all the different updates. Like Fox's lazers were slower. Samus upB was like it was in 64 a lot more sticky, Shieks needles didnt shoot out in a line instead they came out on top of each other instead of straight.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I love how..... one of the reasons of the you think he should have had the Japanese release first is because hes japanese.

Some of the music gets irritating for some reason... That modified voice that says "The DOJO..." is a bit irritating to me also.

Sariku's segment was a bit f'ed up...

But all in all, it was pretty alright. I'll still continue to listen in.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
Im very impressed with this, people who have the initiative to do something like this deserve t go far in life!

Blackadder

Smash Master
^^^^
I'm not.
I just got a one-time spot, with the "Brawl Veiwpoint"
I'm not going to be regular. Unless my one submission gets in eveytime.
But I won't be trying this week again anyways.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
To Sariku.Uchiha:

I for one, actually REALLY liked your part. Even though your voice is a little high, don't worry, you're probably not as old as Youko anyways. PLUS, anyone's voice compared to his is high pitched. Anyways, I actually really enjoyed listening to what you had to say because you always seem well read and intelligent in your posts here on SWF. Also, I really liked your voice actually. You have a cool accent and I sure do hope you're a perma-podcaster =] . Anyways, all in all, this week was REALLY good. Keep it up everyone.
(Sariku, friend me?)

PS: I hope that you don't get scared when I said I liked your voice...considering I'm a 15 year old male. Nothing personal. And if you're still worrying, I have a girlfriend =] .

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I wonder if Youko has a girlfriend...

To remain somewhat on topic, can we write about anything brawl-related and submit it for the weekly "Brawl Viewpoint" ?

Sariku

Smash Master
To Sariku.Uchiha:

I for one, actually REALLY liked your part. Even though your voice is a little high, don't worry, you're probably not as old as Youko anyways. PLUS, anyone's voice compared to his is high pitched. Anyways, I actually really enjoyed listening to what you had to say because you always seem well read and intelligent in your posts here on SWF. Also, I really liked your voice actually. You have a cool accent and I sure do hope you're a perma-podcaster =] . Anyways, all in all, this week was REALLY good. Keep it up everyone.
(Sariku, friend me?)

PS: I hope that you don't get scared when I said I liked your voice...considering I'm a 15 year old male. Nothing personal. And if you're still worrying, I have a girlfriend =] .
Oh now why would I be mad? You rock, this was the best feedback I've had all day. I rushed it in a few hours, and therefor, to me, it came out horrible. Espicially if you knew what was coming up next week. Surprises to be there.

My voice is weird, don't know how you like it, but I'm glad you do nonetheless, and I dont take you as a gaywad or anything, cause then everyone who posts here would be gay for Youko, lol. Yeah friends.

Also, if you have Yahoo, MSN, or AIM, I wouldn't mind talking more.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Oh now why would I be mad? You rock, this was the best feedback I've had all day. I rushed it in a few hours, and therefor, to me, it came out horrible. Espicially if you knew what was coming up next week. Surprises to be there.

My voice is weird, don't know how you like it, but I'm glad you do nonetheless, and I dont take you as a gaywad or anything, cause then everyone who posts here would be gay for Youko, lol. Yeah friends.

Also, if you have Yahoo, MSN, or AIM, I wouldn't mind talking more.
Alright yeh. I've noticed everyone is like, creaming themselves over Youko's voice. Sigh. But yours is different, and you got a cool accent. But yeh, don't let criticism keep get you down. Just keep up your self-esteem, believe in yourself, and you shall be an uber journalist like Youko. By the way, during your bit, you kept getting louder and quieter...mic problem? Also, I wanted to know if You and Youko are both Asian or if you guys just have a tendancy to pick uber cool screen names. My screen name for stuff used to be Tayuki or Shui, but then I realized I'm a little white kid. Anyways, I'll pm you my MSN.

Sariku

Smash Master
Alright yeh. I've noticed everyone is like, creaming themselves over Youko's voice. Sigh. But yours is different, and you got a cool accent. But yeh, don't let criticism keep get you down. Just keep up your self-esteem, believe in yourself, and you shall be an uber journalist like Youko. By the way, during your bit, you kept getting louder and quieter...mic problem? Also, I wanted to know if You and Youko are both Asian or if you guys just have a tendancy to pick uber cool screen names. My screen name for stuff used to be Tayuki or Shui, but then I realized I'm a little white kid. Anyways, I'll pm you my MSN.
Nah, I'm a white boy too. I got my name from my Naruto Fan Character, essence of the Uchiha bit. I wanted an original name for him, and I wanted an "Sa" start, cause I think that rocks. And then I thought of my second fave video game character, Riku, from Kingdom Hearts... so I just Combined them, Sariku.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Nah, I'm a white boy too. I got my name from my Naruto Fan Character, essence of the Uchiha bit. I wanted an original name for him, and I wanted an "Sa" start, cause I think that rocks. And then I thought of my second fave video game character, Riku, from Kingdom Hearts... so I just Combined them, Sariku.
Wow genius.
Anyways. Whenever I try to PM you it says "Page Cannot Be Displayed" so my msn is aesthetic.x@hotmail.com
Please, no one else add me but Sariku, unless you ask me and I agree to it.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Sorry for the double post but for some reason it won't let me edit my previous post.
What I would like to say is about the Animal Crossing symbol. Alot of people are turning their heads in the direction of "Playable Character", but I'm thinking AT.
An Animal Crossing character might sound a little absurd to some people, but I think we can all agree that an AT is completely reasonable and probable. At the moment, my choice for Animal Crossing AT would be Mr. Resetti. I think once you threw him he chase across the stage with his shovel (Kind of like "Maril" when you throw a pokeball) or he could pop in through the ground in different parts of the stage, knocking away characters that stand on the hole he just popped out of (he'd make these holes by popping up obviously) .
Does anyone think I should actually make a thread for this? Has it already been done? If you think I should make a thread, should I post in Character Discussion?

Sariku

Smash Master
Sorry for the double post but for some reason it won't let me edit my previous post.
What I would like to say is about the Animal Crossing symbol. Alot of people are turning their heads in the direction of "Playable Character", but I'm thinking AT.
An Animal Crossing character might sound a little absurd to some people, but I think we can all agree that an AT is completely reasonable and probable. At the moment, my choice for Animal Crossing AT would be Mr. Resetti. I think once you threw him he chase across the stage with his shovel (Kind of like "Maril" when you throw a pokeball) or he could pop in through the ground in different parts of the stage, knocking away characters that stand on the hole he just popped out of (he'd make these holes by popping up obviously) .
Does anyone think I should actually make a thread for this? Has it already been done? If you think I should make a thread, should I post in Character Discussion?
Don't. I think your right, about no playable, but yes AT. But don't make a thread about this, it has "sorta" been discussed.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Alright, I'll post it in the thread titled "Assist Trophy...THAT MEANS" or something like that. Anyone else appluad or boo this idea?

Top Bottom