• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Blackadder

Smash Master
@Pyro.
It's been done, there are several AT threads.
I think have one that is under "AT that means" kinda thing.
I woulden't go ahead with it..

Blackadder

Smash Master
^^^
I would SO jump on that job, lol.

Personaly, I think one host is enough. Plus, everyone loves youko's voice, it's hyptnotic...and...rythmic...
But he gets along fine as only having one host.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
listened to the first show

it was very interesting, but one suggestion I would make is to find yourself a co-host if possible. That will make the discussion much more dynamic.
Ah, thats what was missing. You could also find some good background music, and don't have it as loud as Sariku's part, but enough to have no silence.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
lol Sariku that was very proffesional when we could hear you receiving MSN messages during the podcast nice work. I think you need to just record the voice by itself and add music later... and get a better mic. Good otherwise

Still good stuff Youko no complaints there

Sariku

Smash Master
lol Sariku that was very proffesional when we could hear you receiving MSN messages during the podcast nice work. I think you need to just record the voice by itself and add music later... and get a better mic. Good otherwise

Still good stuff Youko no complaints there
IT WAS ONLY ONE! And one AOL at DeDeDe.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ha.
I started a craze. Now EVERYONE wan'ts to be in the Brawl viewpoint.
Well, I was the first guest, so I'm proud.
XD

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I didn't do anything, a lot of times I come up with an idea. And I review it in my head afterwards and come up with something different. I won't be happy with what I submit -.-

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
Ha.
I started a craze. Now EVERYONE wan'ts to be in the Brawl viewpoint.
Well, I was the first guest, so I'm proud.
XD
XD, no, you just happened to be the first one to jump on and do the viewpoint, so therefore, Youko started the craze, and you adopted it early. XD

I'm gonna write up about Music and FE characters and their chances of getting in. Also I'll have music played by me in the background, lolz!

How long should a submission be Youko?

Blackadder

Smash Master
XD, no, you just happened to be the first one to jump on and do the viewpoint, so therefore, Youko started the craze, and you adopted it early. XD

I'm gonna write up about Music and FE characters and their chances of getting in. Also I'll have music played by me in the background, lolz!

Shut up Cless. XD
There ment to be 1 and a half to two pages long, is what I heard.
Yours better get in, you are our only hope.

...Youko's voice for Brawl!

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
I like this second aspeciallyl the Smashville and the thing on the Europeans getting a bad deal.

One problem:I'm so sorry Sariku,but I really didn't like your set. Your voice is WAAAY to squeaky.(I don't know whether I could do any better,but seriously)

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
I like this second aspeciallyl the Smashville and the thing on the Europeans getting a bad deal.

One problem:I'm so sorry Sariku,but I really didn't like your set. Your voice is WAAAY to squeaky.(I don't know whether I could do any better,but seriously)
Yeah, sorry to ya'll Europeans out there, you'll get it....eventually.

And about Sariku, don't make fun of him, his voice is something he's stuck with, however, the segment wasn't that great in terms of content for me. Your voice was fine Sariku.

BTW, brawl viewpoint submitted, now to finish recording it, just in case. XD

Youko for brawl!!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
All right!!! After about 20 hours of NOT being able to log in, I finally can!

Now, to answer some questions:

Also, I wanted to know if You and Youko are both Asian or if you guys just have a tendancy to pick uber cool screen names.
Definitely a white guy. Ever watched Yu Yu Hakusho, though? Youko Kurama is one of the best characters in that anime by far.

Listen to the part at then end after the Brawl Viewpoint. It kinda says it right there. :p

...Youko's voice for Brawl!
Honestly, I'm flattered. My voice isn't THAT good...is it? Although you have no idea how close I was to reading your BV in an English accent, Blackadder, just to mix it up. Cuz I thought you all would be getting sick of hearing me talk in that voice...*shrug*

Anyway, thanks again for the support! Let's keep this thread hot - supposedly once it gets a good name, it'll become "official" and hopefully stickied!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
ZOMG Kurama... he was sa-weet...

Youko I'll be willing to help in any way I can... other than using my voice >< I hate my voice..

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Wow, man. Your a natural Youko. Awesome DOJO here.

For a name, how about "Brawl Talk"?.. Too cheesy? haha.

I could always help you with voice work or oppinions, really. It'd be my pleasure.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
I don't think people would get Sakurai's Dojo mixed up with Youko's, and frankly, The Dojo is probably the best name for this masterful series of audio.

Maybe change it to "The Dojo: Podcast" or "Dojo Discussion" Or something along those lines.

ps lets go make love youko

Sariku

Smash Master
I don't think people would get Sakurai's Dojo mixed up with Youko's, and frankly, The Dojo is probably the best name for this masterful series of audio.

Maybe change it to "The Dojo: Podcast" or "Dojo Discussion" Or something along those lines.

ps lets go make love youko
How about... The Dojo!!? Its amazing!

Didn't think something soooo simple could work so well. THE DOJOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Just rolls off the tongue.

PS. Not making love to Youko... :dizzy:

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
This is 2nd.

I've made an arrangement of songs used in Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Melee. This magnificent medley will take you through the exitement of the famed Zelda series, Starfox and more. Don't hestitate to take a look.

.. In other words, I made a tryout for the Dojo Intro. I don't think it's all that good and I could easily tweak anything. It has been fun. :)

2nd.

http://media.putfile.com/The--DOJO--Theme-Song---2nd

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
As far as a name, I have only have fairly lame one like Brawl Blab or something like that.

I agree with who whoever said Youko's voice for braw! There should be a option mode where during the fight you can have Youko's voice do commentary on the battle! :laugh:

Sariku

Smash Master
Who's In?

I say keep the name the same. "The Dojo!!" is an awesome name, and really fits in with the podcast. Any other name would sound weird, atleast to me it would, but maybe you guys will surprise me, lol.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
We're encouraging a different name because "The Dojo!!" already exists, complete with two exclamation points. It's the official site. "The Dojo!!" is indeed a good name -- which is why Nintendo's marketing arm chose it.

Some fun ideas others have tossed around:

Mojo (reminiscent of Dojo, succinct)
Smash Capsule
Weekend Roundup

Good work, by the way. I look forward to incorporating this into our regular schedule.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Pun time!

"Just Smashing!" - the Brawl podcast
"Praying with Power" - Speculating for Brawl!
"Rep Battle" - What will be and what won't?
"Weekapitulating" - The weekly rundown of everything Brawl
"The Incredible Bulk" - Everything SMASH!

Enough pain for now. ^^

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Dojo Discussion
Dojo Dissection
Dissect the Dojo
Direct Dojo Discussion/Dissection
Delicious Dojo Discussion/Dissection
Decapatated Dojo Discussion/Dissection
Dojo Dialogue

ftw?

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Keep The Dojo! I like it! :p can't wait to see if my "Brawl Viewpoint" manages to make it this week. I love this podcast so far. And, I recorded my BV off of my MP3 player. I just love those little recorders they got in those.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Excellent job with this, Youko. I've very much enjoyed your podcast so far. You've got a clear voice, and do a great job of summing up the week's news into concise segments - giving your opinions without sounding biased. The way you utilize music and other audio clips (such as Reggie's speech in the most recent episode) really lends itself to high production quality. Honestly, the only thing I'm not a fan of is the super-low voice overs announcing the different segments, especially the drawn out "Dooooojooooooooooo". Just sounds a bit silly, in my opinion... which was probably your intention, but it sticks out too much in comparison to how professional the rest of the podcast sounds. I personally don't see the need for a new theme song or name, but it's your podcast, so do as you wish. You could call it "This Week in SMASH!", though I also like "Show me your news!" :laugh: Maybe you could use that as the intro for the news segment (but you have to say it in a Capt. Falcon voice, not the annoying low one).

Sariku's section also lacks polish, but I trust that it will get better with more practice. Honestly, don't worry about your voice. It will sound fine if you just rehearse what you're going to say more and speak with confidence. Listen to how Youko speaks and try to imitate his pacing. The recording quality is also noticably lower, and the music clips tend to distract from what's being said. Either cut them out completely or turn it down. Or you can start with the song but then have it fade out when you begin speaking the way Youko does.

All in all, great work. I look forward to hearing your future episodes. Count me among your regular listeners :)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Right now, I'm leaning towards "Show Me Your News!"...yes, in a Captain Falcon voice, of course. This is mostly because I'm recapping strictly the DOJO!! (Sakurai)'s news, while the SmashCast covers basically...everything.

Besides, Captain Falcon is basically "the Chuck Norris of SWF," so why not align with something that awesome? Hahaha

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Show Me Your News is indeed extremely awesome.

I would heartily post about SMYN4: The Revenge. or SMYN5: Tingle Edition.

Top Bottom