• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
I can say without a doubt that there will be tons to talk about in this next podcast. I'm greatly looking forward to it.

Good work Guys. Keep it up. ^_^
Oh god, can you imagine how long the Rundown could be with Today's "Subspace Emissary" alone? I expect at least 3 hours Youko :mad:

:p

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
Yeah,you might want to extend this week's podcast to thiry or 40 minutes,Youko,this WAS huge,and so was the Castle and Ike.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
definetely. really the first two days were the least exciting, but still they had info in it that really adds depth to the game, with a final smash you can play along to and a very unique item.

this week is the week we've been waiting for on smashbros.com

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Don't sound so desperate, Youko. ^^

I HATE the sound of my voice, but if you're really in that tight of a spot, I'd be willing to help. It's the least I can do after enjoying your podcast each week.

EDIT: I'm almost positive that my computer has a built-in microphone...somewhere...and if I can get that working, all I'd need is some software I can use, in theory.

Sariku

Smash Master
Don't sound so desperate, Youko. ^^

I HATE the sound of my voice, but if you're really in that tight of a spot, I'd be willing to help. It's the least I can do after enjoying your podcast each week.

EDIT: I'm almost positive that my computer has a built-in microphone...somewhere...and if I can get that working, all I'd need is some software I can use, in theory.
Hey, I hate my voice too, but you see what I put myself into:laugh:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Hey, I hate my voice too, but you see what I put myself into:laugh:
Haha, too true. I've been trying to get this microphone working since I left that message (well, that, and cleaning up after my family's puppy x_x) but I'm having little luck (with the microphone). There's nowhere in my computer that I can find "record voice" or anything like that, and if I can't record/save an audio file with this microphone then there is little hope.

I think it was OnyxVulpine who suggested a site to download software for voice recording a while back in this thread, I'll look and see if I can find it. Hopefully the microphone will work if I have the correct software, otherwise I'm not sure there's much I can do. =/

Sariku

Smash Master
Haha, too true. I've been trying to get this microphone working since I left that message (well, that, and cleaning up after my family's puppy x_x) but I'm having little luck (with the microphone). There's nowhere in my computer that I can find "record voice" or anything like that, and if I can't record/save an audio file with this microphone then there is little hope.

I think it was OnyxVulpine who suggested a site to download software for voice recording a while back in this thread, I'll look and see if I can find it. Hopefully the microphone will work if I have the correct software, otherwise I'm not sure there's much I can do. =/
Youko had me download Audocity. It's fairly easy to use, if you have an Instant Messanger, check my profile, and send me a message on either of the three. I'll answer you^^

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Alright. I have AIM only, but I added you and I'm now signed on, so if you sign on, I'll start talking.

I tried that other thingy, so far it looks like it could work. I set up the account and I'm now at a screen where it says I can click "record" to start recording. I'm not sure what actually happens to the file you record, and I was hoping it would ask me to save it to my computer, because then I could send it to Youko, but I decided to check this thread before doing a test recording. But yeah, I could just get "Audocity" if you approve of that program.

So, like I said, just sign onto AIM, that's the first logical step. ^^ And be reasonable, I'm a total n00b when it comes to computers.

Sariku

Smash Master
Alright. I have AIM only, but I added you and I'm now signed on, so if you sign on, I'll start talking.

I tried that other thingy, so far it looks like it could work. I set up the account and I'm now at a screen where it says I can click "record" to start recording. I'm not sure what actually happens to the file you record, and I was hoping it would ask me to save it to my computer, because then I could send it to Youko, but I decided to check this thread before doing a test recording. But yeah, I could just get "Audocity" if you approve of that program.

So, like I said, just sign onto AIM, that's the first logical step. ^^ And be reasonable, I'm a total n00b when it comes to computers.

I forgot to change it on my profile, lol. Can you add "sarikuuchiha" to it instead. I had to make a new one, its just my SWF Username wihtout the period

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Lol This is like a CNN for Smashers, LOL at the Pokemon Beat box did you do that your self?

Talk about Diddy Kong and Viewtiful Sariku! funny i imagened your voice more manly xP

~ ooh ooh aah ah ~

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Ep. 5 Preview is out!

Listen guys, I KNOW that this was a great week in terms of updates. That said, it's naive to say - "Oh, you HAVE to go for 35-40 minutes with this one!"

The episode will be however long as I make it, and that is based on how much I write about it. I'd rather have good quality writing compressed than crappy writing spread out. Understand? So let's all please be glad that I'm doing this for you all instead of making frivolous demands such as time extensions which I generally don't even keep in mind as I'm making it. After all, these "25 minute ones" take three hours to record. And probably twice as long to write.

So yeah, not mad or anything, just...letting you all know! Thanks!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Aww so sad.. And I do know how long these things can take. My brother and his friends are... Were *Cry* in the media class for school. And they would make some short films and record stuff that they get hired for.

The end result could be really short but it can take a whole day to film and maybe another day to edit.. All the different takes and mistakes you go through and putting them all together ><

Anyway, looking forward to this episode like always. Before I have to back to school.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Reminder I won't be in this episode. Lol.
EDIT: Spoiler warning?

I, however, will be showing-off my voice this EP. That's not why I'm looking forward to this episode. In fact, I'd say my voice being heard makes the anticipation very slightly less, but I'm ever-so-anxious to hear all that Youko has to say about the AMAZRING updates this week, even if it is only twenty minutes long.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
EPISODE 5 IS OUT (stream version)!

Download will be coming shortly!

First post now updated with stream and download versions for each, so those who are having difficulty with one can work with the other!

ENJOY! I'm quite happy with how this one turned out, and I hope you will be too!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Oh.. I thought it was Ike (e-kay).. Hmm..

Oh, well the episode is pretty good. Not much different than the others... Still listening though..

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Still watcing, but I must say one thing.

That sheep lead really isn't anything to even bother reporting on. Not only is the design diffrent (Though it's not easy to make diffrent sheeps) but also the diffrent attacks. Really, I remember fighting those things, and they always attacked after shedding their fluff, not with it on.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Still watcing, but I must say one thing.

That sheep lead really isn't anything to even bother reporting on. Not only is the design diffrent (Though it's not easy to make diffrent sheeps) but also the diffrent attacks. Really, I remember fighting those things, and they always attacked after shedding their fluff, not with it on.
Thats because that sheep is definatly from Donkey Kong Jungle beat

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
While I thought they looked that style, I never actually found any pictures of them in it. Do you have one?
Here you go Pieman: (I posted this too in the Whats goin in smashbros forum too) I can't relly take a picture becuase i don't have the game, I played it at Best Buy some time back,

But like the Sheep

Everything in that game had demented eyes

And since brawl is more of a gritty-er feel the sheep has lost most of it's gloss
Besides the background is a Jungle like terrian. I nevr played megaman before so i am not sure if thier is a jungle terrain in that game

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Yet another great week of news, all covered very well.
There was one thing, however, that bugged me.
Youko didnt mention that when changing the settings of the final Castle Seige screenshot, an underground magma cavern can clearly be seen.

Also, 2 words for Bli33ard:

Orgasmic.
Accent.

<3

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
XD yes..Bli33ard had a very nice accent. And, I dunno if you've seen..but with the contrast up, it's a lot easier to see the stalactites and stalagmites. And cracks. And LAVA.

Sariku

Smash Master
-gaspeth!-

Wow! Now this episode was something I'll tell ya! Well... I still think Show Me Your News Episode 4 - New Physics was the best episode you've done, but I LOVE your Temple Music! I mean, It sounds so much better than the real Temple theme... God, I just love that.

I felt like you could of expanded more in Ike and Castle Siege though, espicially cause you CAN see the underground lava and such in the last screenshot, but I wont hold that against you because you may not of noticed it.

Oh, I'm glad you took my idea about starting the episode with the Character Approaching theme. And Rumor Central was very well done. But I'm still waiting for your podcast that beats Episode 4, that would be hard to top.

Also, wheres the download link? Lol, I really want it on my MP3 player with the other four episodes.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sorry it doesn't work for you all, and I don't mean to rub it into your faces, but yes I got it up! :)

LOL, everyone wants a cape it seems [myself included]. ^_^ My name mentioned, lol! I gotta love it! :)

BTW, I found it could actually be a enemy in Donkey Komng: Jungle Beat, lol! XD A similar enemy...intresting! XD

Edit:

Everything in that game had demented eyes

Sorry bout that, but the similarity is still odd. BTW, tht guy is from Jungle Beat, but I've yet to hear it's name. Hopefully no one takes wat I said as 100% guaranteeing MM [since I never said that ;)].

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
While I thought they looked that style, I never actually found any pictures of them in it. Do you have one?
Yeah it's Definatly from Donkey Kong I can almost lay money on the table for it

The Trees in the background have the same detail as the one with the sheep

Thats should be more then enough proof i guess

Top Bottom