• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
actually, he probably played someone that used peach and got pissed when they butt bombed the building to recover and went like (terrorism and cheap recovery?! this stage is out)

love your sig man

and this talk doesnt really belong here *hint*hint*
Heh thanks for the sig thing, and sorry for getting distracted >.<

As for the last episode. I'd have to agree with an earlier poster. Didn't really like the Sakurai-lib segment. Seemed sort of pointless almost with the length the podcast already is. I did enjoy the brief run-through of the dojo though. Also, I'm liking the new interview segment. curious to see who's in the next one.

Overall it was a nice podcast for an update-less week. Thumbs up :p

Lirok

Smash Journeyman
Heh thanks for the sig thing, and sorry for getting distracted >.<

As for the last episode. I'd have to agree with an earlier poster. Didn't really like the Sakurai-lib segment. Seemed sort of pointless almost with the length the podcast already is. I did enjoy the brief run-through of the dojo though. Also, I'm liking the new interview segment. curious to see who's in the next one.

Overall it was a nice podcast for an update-less week. Thumbs up :p
hey no problem, just you rather me than a mod

yeah i did forget to thank them for a updateless week made fun

oh and btw, i actually just started the podcasts with the pandacasts because my friend put one on when he was over, i actually joined smashboards at the same time to but that was unrelated

7Mario

Smash Rookie
I got most of them on my ipod, thats how I found out about Smash boards. Their really good though.

Strongside

Smash Apprentice
“And now, your highness, we will discuss the locat
Well, first off, congratulations on your success in this podcast, Youko. I'm glad to know that a legit gaming podcast can be well done.

Secondly, I would like to be on the Round Table, eventually.

I know I am not a well known member here. I am practically a ghost, really. I don't post every which way because I don't see it necessary. I did that while I was on NSider... got about 2000 posts that way over the course of two or three years. And somehow, I was still decently respected and well known (I hope :p)

But thats not the point. I would love to be on the podcast, because, frankly, I love Gaming, Nintendo in particular. I may not be the oldest person in gaming (far from it, I am 14), but I still know my stuff. I have probably played more "old" games than anyone my age. I LOVE the NES, and own one, with several of the classics that made Nintendo Nintendo. Ask me a question about a Nintendo game, and I can probably answer it. If I can't, I can find you information on it in about 2-5 minutes. When my close friends need information, they call me. Whether it's about a character history, or a cheat, or where to get a game, they call me. I earned that reputation among my close friends, and I would love to get it farther known. (Kind of Selfish, I know... Sorry >_<)
I also know what I am talking about when it comes to Smash. Though there are not many tournaments in South Carolina, I still try my best to play others. Whether it be at a Game Day at my High School, or playing with a few older acquaintances from back in the day, I try my best, and I think I have become decently good. No where near Tournament good, but enough to know what I talk about in Smash.

Again, I know I am not well known, practically a Ghost, but I think that I could be decent on the Round Table. If you give me the chance. And I also know I would not be included anytime soon. Probably on one of the many Post Brawl podcasts, if at all.

Thanks for reading and, hopefully, considering me.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
I got most of them on my ipod, thats how I found out about Smash boards. Their really good though.
Your use of the word "their" makes me cry...:cry:

Well, first off, congratulations on your success in this podcast, Youko. I'm glad to know that a legit gaming podcast can be well done.
Have you not heard of Game Scoop, my friend!?!!!?!??!?!??!?!

^^^^
Not that I'm in anyway trying to detract from SMYN.

VandalD

Smash Cadet
STARFOX 64 DID USE THE LANDMASTER!!!

(reference to a statement roughly 1/3rd into the latest update)
Have to admit it bothered me that neither one of them knew this, thus it is quoted. Wouldn't miss the Sakurai fill in the blank segment either if it went away, and maybe I'm the only one getting tired of the Quagmire imitations and the over 9,000 thing. Actually never got the whole 9,000 joke. Seen it. Makes no sense to me. Anyways, enjoyed the recap and the interview.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
1) Sakurai Lib portion, bad, very bad.

2)Reason? You bleeped all the cursing...And all you DID was curse.

Wrong, very wrong.

If you MUST know, what we said was "blank". The point is for the listener to fill in those "blanks" that were bleeped.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Wrong, very wrong.

If you MUST know, what we said was "blank". The point is for the listener to fill in those "blanks" that were bleeped.
Yeah, there was no censorship in the episode. If there was, then Youko would've bleeped out Samurai Panda saying he wanted to draw ***** on the Pictochat stage.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Ah, madlibs. Those were the days... Although another amusing alternative would be to create a "story" of sorts by placing certain Sakurai quotes in a certain order.

*crosses fingers that Roundtable trials do return*

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Good podcast guys! I've only listened to all the ones with Roundtable in it, because I thought they were interesting IMO. Personally, I'm a little tired of the competitive play talk, but that's how most Smashers are, right? I don't know if it would work, but maybe you should bring somebody into the Roundtable who's a casual/single player Smasher to offer their take on stages that you dismiss because it might affect competitive play (Like a different viewpoint instead of being some dismissive of things that affect your little competitive playing). Or... you can ignore me - because the casual single players are minority around here.

Anyway, can't wait for Episode 28!

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
i actualy believe this was the best week because we had smyn every day and that was awesome thnx panda!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Good podcast guys! I've only listened to all the ones with Roundtable in it, because I thought they were interesting IMO. Personally, I'm a little tired of the competitive play talk, but that's how most Smashers are, right? I don't know if it would work, but maybe you should bring somebody into the Roundtable who's a casual/single player Smasher to offer their take on stages that you dismiss because it might affect competitive play (Like a different viewpoint instead of being some dismissive of things that affect your little competitive playing). Or... you can ignore me - because the casual single players are minority around here.

Anyway, can't wait for Episode 28!
Well, that might have had to do with Gimpy cohosting, since he's a big competitive player himself.

I'm personally hoping for a roundtable with someone who disagrees with a lot of Youko's and SP's views, but still has logic in their reasoning. I think it would make for a very interesting discussion.

SmashBrosLover3918

Smash Journeyman
good episode guys. still havnt listend to all of it, but good job.

and heres your prize from the update today: another food quote!

"This is amazing! Is this a lavish feast or what?"

Gimpy, did you ever ask the bowser jr. voice actor?

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
I don't know if it would work, but maybe you should bring somebody into the Roundtable who's a casual/single player Smasher to offer their take on stages that you dismiss because it might affect competitive play (Like a different viewpoint instead of being some dismissive of things that affect your little competitive playing).
I'm personally hoping for a roundtable with someone who disagrees with a lot of Youko's and SP's views, but still has logic in their reasoning. I think it would make for a very interesting discussion.
*puppy dog eyes; lip quiver*

KingKraken

Smash Journeyman
Great to have you back Youko! Although, I am gonna miss the Pandacast. By the way, I just bought Jump Ultiamte Stars on Ebay. I thought since I am a huge Jump buff, and how SamuraiPanda described it, I should check it out. I am REALLY looking forward to playing that...oh, and some new Smash brothers game too...

SSEddie13

Smash Cadet
NNID
sseddie13
3DS FC
5429-9107-2527
Hi, Youko and SP. I just wanted to say that I love the podcast and it is one of the reasons I joined the boards. I can't get enough of SP's tangents, they're one of my favorite parts lol. Well I can't wait for the next one and season 3 is looking good!

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
btw, i joined because of the podcast, i feel like it's a part of my sunday, thanks, and yes, i still wish i could be on! LOL.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
fascists. pronounced fashists. not sure if its spelled right. thats the italian soldiers. just listened to both the pandacasts =) and that bowser laugh was from super mario 64. it fits perfectly in my opinion.

that was from the first one.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
sorry for double posting, i can't seem to be able to edit, but i remembered something i wanted to point out. the head statues are from the wario series. in wario land 4 for the GBA you go through a desert to a pyramid, but thats besides the point. if you pause on that place, and look at the head at the top left, the mustache is wario art.

and while i'm posting, i'd also like to point out that while they're doing different cinematics for for different paths, what if everytime you get to choose between a different character the path changes? wouldn't that explain for the time its taken to make brawl? the number of paths would be just about enough to include at least 1 per new character you unlock. hint hint. cool, no?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I think it'll be just like Star Fox 64 or Shadow the Hedgehog, where there are several endings based on how you play or interact with people, and people were also talking in the geno thread about other criteria, aside from who you use, criteria like that required to unlock luigi that could lead to other path changes or character unlocks.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
*walks into thread

oh yeah, forgot about this. uh, well since there were no updates last week, i really had no reason to visit this site, so i haven't listened to last week's episodes...

nor will i probably this week. college starts for me today, so i need to work my schedule out before i listen to SMYN again.

however, maybe next week i'll listen to Panda's second week of hosting and give any insights to what he's doing

•Col•

Smash Champion
Hey, for the Top 10 Dojo quotes, how could "YOU MUST RECOVER!!!1!111!" not make it onto the list? o-o

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Hey, for the Top 10 Dojo quotes, how could "YOU MUST RECOVER!!!1!111!" not make it onto the list? o-o
I agree. It's not as funny as some, but it's really one that jsut represents the dojo in my oppinion. Whenever me and my friends smash, whenever you get a stupid SD or to miss an easy recovery, you can always expect to here "YOU MUST RECOVER!!"

RDK

Smash Hero
I agree. It's not as funny as some, but it's really one that jsut represents the dojo in my oppinion. Whenever me and my friends smash, whenever you get a stupid SD or to miss an easy recovery, you can always expect to here "YOU MUST RECOVER!!"
Definetely that and "YOU DON'T HAVE TIME TO PONDER SUCH THINGS, FOR I HAVE JUST WAVESHINED." :laugh:

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
*finishes recording Mail Time questions and sends*

On a side note, I've finally figured out WHY Dedede's biting his hand in his FS update...WADDLE DEE SUMMONING JUTSU! :laugh:

And if you guys thought you'd never look at Dedede the same way after hearing his 4Kids voice, you REALLY won't look at him the same way after I reveal the fact that not only do Dedede and Escargoon share a voice actor, but it's the same actor who played Bakura on Yu-Gi-Oh! Now that's some serious mind****ery right there...

Top Bottom