• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
And if you guys thought you'd never look at Dedede the same way after hearing his 4Kids voice, you REALLY won't look at him the same way after I reveal the fact that not only do Dedede and Escargoon share a voice actor, but it's the same actor who played Bakura on Yu-Gi-Oh! Now that's some serious mind****ery right there...

Yep, Ted Lewis. He also did Meowth from Pokemon, if memory serves me correctly (the voice that had the longest run)?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Meowth voice was good but if you listen to Ash's new voice, it sounds HORRIBLE!!!.
Actually all the characters dont sound so great. But Meowth hasnt changed at all.

I despise every voice change they made with a passion for the newer seasons.

Plus, Ted Lewis did a ridiculously good James before Eric Stuart. Don't get me wrong, Eric Stuart is amazing, but for the first few episodes, Ted did an awesome James in my opinion.

Ahhh, you're right Cyberlink, Maddie Blaustein is spot-on. Maybe Ted did Meowth in the first few episodes like he did James, cuz that link is forged in my mind.

RDK

Smash Hero
4kids's biggest fail, however, is undoubtedly Naruto.

You can't get much more fail than that. BELIEVE IT!!!11one11!!!!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I don't know if I've been living under a rock for a while or something, but I'm finally going to ask.

WHAT THE HELL IS NARUTO?

I get it's an anime, but why does everyone bring it up constantly? I've never heard of it outside of these forums.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
4kids's biggest fail, however, is undoubtedly Naruto.

You can't get much more fail than that. BELIEVE IT!!!11one11!!!!
You know, except for the fact that Viz did Naruto, not 4Kids.

OH SNAP!

And the change in voices for Pokemon was a result of 4Kids LOSING the license. How's that for irony?

I don't know if I've been living under a rock for a while or something, but I'm finally going to ask.

WHAT THE HELL IS NARUTO?

I get it's an anime, but why does everyone bring it up constantly? I've never heard of it outside of these forums.
To make a long story short, it's an anime about teenage ninjas. It's basically the new DBZ/Pokemon in terms of popularity.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Can anyone in a sooner time zone tell me what tuesdays update was
...All updates are put on the Dojo at the same time, despite time zones. i.e. they are put up at 2am EST time but 11pm PST time (if I'm doing my math right). Meaning everyone gets the updates simultaneously.

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Tuesday's update hasn't gone up yet. It goes up at the exact same time in every time zone, which isn't for another 40 minutes.

Edit: Whoops, looks like Panda beat me to it...

626key

Smash Journeyman
...All updates are put on the Dojo at the same time, despite time zones. i.e. they are put up at 2am EST time but 11pm PST time (if I'm doing my math right). Meaning everyone gets the updates simultaneously.
Oh, my bad, but if I were to estemate the next update, we will get something involving zelda, or an item, or if were lucky both
P.S. this is to SP, like the new banner

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Oh, my bad, but if I were to estemate the next update, we will get something involving zelda, or an item, or if were lucky both
P.S. this is to SP, like the new banner
You know we HAVE to get Shiek sometime before the Japan launch. I'm just waiting now for a double update of Zelda's Special Moves and Shiek. Just like how they did Samus/Zamus.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Someone had to photoshop the katana in the panda's hand, you can hardly tell it's photo shopped

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Wrong, very wrong.

If you MUST know, what we said was "blank". The point is for the listener to fill in those "blanks" that were bleeped.
AH, well, then why did you go through the trouble to fill them in...just curious.

626key

Smash Journeyman
I thought that they said the quote properly, yet used the sound effects to enduce self inflicted humor

626key

Smash Journeyman
I have nothing against the aloy team, but I think we should have the option of fighting wire frames or fighting polygons, plus I can see the quote of the week know "Those horns are scintillating!"
P.S. It's although they went out of there way to make a female aloy

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Not really. We had female wire frames, remember? And if we're going by past experience, I'd guess it'll inherit Zelda's basic moves. Or maybe they'll give her Zero Suit Samus's instead...it's hard to say at this point.

RepairMan!

Smash Rookie
Not really. We had female wire frames, remember? And if we're going by past experience, I'd guess it'll inherit Zelda's basic moves. Or maybe they'll give her Zero Suit Samus's instead...it's hard to say at this point.
maybe theyre going to have their own special moves. as we see they went out of their wat to make new models

Sola

Smash Rookie
In response to part 5 of Week 26, I found the dubs of Paranoia Agent and Big O to be equal or superior to the original set.

Cless

Smash Champion
Panda, I might have more graphic novels than you.

And, dammit, play me in Ultimate Stars. They were called the Big 3. Sena 3, Trunks 3, and Seiya 3. Top tier is Hiei, Taikoubou, and Dio.

platnum

Smash Lord
why I should be a guest:

I am very good at analysis. I also have views on the future of competitive smash that I wish to share. Did I mention I'm a natural born comedian?
I think I'd be a great guest on SMYN! kupo.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
As I noted before, guys. Ness did not have many of his own moves in SSB64 or SSB:M. If, IF, he is back, he could easily be a non-clone by using the moves he actually had in Mother 2.

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
ive got a good quote for (forgive my spelling if i mispelled his name) sakurai libs:

If it’s a 100-Man Brawl, then you continue fighting until you’ve beaten 100 of them. Destroying so many really cleanses the spirit.

see if u can make that funny by taking out some of them. taking out what i did, it came out real funny. im not telling u what i took out since it could ruin the joke if they do use it on SMYN

Cless

Smash Champion
As I noted before, guys. Ness did not have many of his own moves in SSB64 or SSB:M. If, IF, he is back, he could easily be a non-clone by using the moves he actually had in Mother 2.
Of course, you can bring up the question of why they just didn't give Lucas his own moves. Is he the same as Ness where he only has like two attack spells in the game?

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
Haven't played Mother 3, couldn't tell you.

Although the fact that they gave him PK Starstorm instead of PK Love really makes me think that "The Masked Man" is in the game (either as a PC, a boss, or an AT) and that he has PK Love.

The Adder

Smash Apprentice
did you get your name from Advance Wars? or is an adder some sort of snake?
ARGH!!!!!!!

**** YOU NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** YOU FOR NAMING THAT WASTE OF SPACE FROM AW2 ADDER!

No, this has been my file name/gamer name since way back when I got Perfect Dark. It's a modification of my real name, and yes it's based on the snake.

Coselm

Smash Ace
ARGH!!!!!!!

**** YOU NINTENDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **** YOU FOR NAMING THAT WASTE OF SPACE FROM AW2 ADDER!

No, this has been my file name/gamer name since way back when I got Perfect Dark. It's a modification of my real name, and yes it's based on the snake.
I thought you jsut really enjoyed math.

Top Bottom