• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I agree with the too big argument being moot at this point since many said olimar would be too small. I don't know how anyone could be upset, he isn't holding a spot that will mean the difference between whether or not your favorite character gets in. He's an entirely new style of play, and I am ecstatic about seeing his role in SSE. And I agree, I wouldn't look down on anyone for not playing the Pikmin games, but I would rank both very high on my list of games that fans of Nintendo owe it to themselves to play. Under the cutesy graphics is an epic strategy game.

And Youko, we got our second episode up. If you still want to listen there is a thread in general brawl.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
I agree with the too big argument being moot at this point since many said olimar would be too small. I don't know how anyone could be upset, he isn't holding a spot that will mean the difference between whether or not your favorite character gets in. He's an entirely new style of play, and I am ecstatic about seeing his role in SSE. And I agree, I wouldn't look down on anyone for not playing the Pikmin games, but I would rank both very high on my list of games that fans of Nintendo owe it to themselves to play. Under the cutesy graphics is an epic strategy game.
Thanks guy. It really is an epic franchise. I think the reason it bothers me that people haven't played it is that I see so many people (around here) dissing it because it looks kiddie. If people stop judging with there eye's the world would be a better place -- and right there I was not talking just video games, I mean everything in the world in general.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
OK, I'm really excited about Olimar too, but this isn't the place for that kind of discussion.

*Sigh* Although I will say for this week's SMYN, I think SP and I and whoever our guest will be are going to name our final playable roster predictions. "Before any new characters are announced," so I thought. And I will say for the record that I DO have Olimar on there, since I made it yesterday, even though I was iffy on his chances in the beginning of the history of the podcast. So I'm pretty happy that I got it right! :)

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
OK, I'm really excited about Olimar too, but this isn't the place for that kind of discussion.

*Sigh* Although I will say for this week's SMYN, I think SP and I and whoever our guest will be are going to name our final playable roster predictions. "Before any new characters are announced," so I thought. And I will say for the record that I DO have Olimar on there, since I made it yesterday, even though I was iffy on his chances in the beginning of the history of the podcast. So I'm pretty happy that I got it right! :)
so....are you ever gonna play pikmin? lol, I'll stop posting about it now.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
For the sakurai libs, any chance you can swap two words for one? Today's (awesome) update had a really good one.

Also, be sure to mention the crazy-good music!

Cless

Smash Champion
1)You have to take forums posts less seriously.

2)Pikmin really is a great game.

3)I always thought it to be weird when people say "It's just a game" on a video game message board. Am I the only one?
I love games and all, but when you take out the effort to mess with the font color and size, well, I'd have to assume you're somewhat serious.

I know Pikmin is a good game. I own both of them.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Olimar that lucky son of a gun, but it will be fun being followed by pikmin, hard to predict the final smash though

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
Final smash? I got two words for you: EMPEROR BULBLAX.

On a side note, the music update is a bit of a misnomer, since I believe it's actually the map screen from Pikmin 2, not Pikmin. Or maybe it's a combination of both. It's been ages since I played either game, so I can't say for sure...

DisabledParking

Smash Rookie
Pretty clear which update will make the cut unless the dojo's new years resolutions includes making Wednesday through Friday updates amazing. Anyway The final roster lists sounds like it will be a good discussion. Are they going to be dream lists or what you think will realistically happen?

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
^yeah. I LOVE long episodes.

Also, I'm not really a huge fan of Sakurai-libs to be honest.

I love when you guys just naturally make jokes during the discussion.

Rash

Smash Ace
After three days this week already deserves an 8. I'm interested in hearing what the guys have to say about it, though.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
I love games and all, but when you take out the effort to mess with the font color and size, well, I'd have to assume you're somewhat serious.

I know Pikmin is a good game. I own both of them.
Good man.

But, like I said, this is a game forum, and they're forum tools. Just saying.

Cless

Smash Champion
I realize that, but I can get my point across just as easily with using the quick reply box. I'd have to assume that if you either type in the code or go into add reply and click the necessary features, you'd at least be somewhat serious and trying to make a point.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
I realize that, but I can get my point across just as easily with using the quick reply box. I'd have to assume that if you either type in the code or go into add reply and click the necessary features, you'd at least be somewhat serious and trying to make a point.
Well I'm serious in the fact that I would like people to play the game, I'm not serious in the fact that I was being dramatic. Something you have to learn about forums, people are never too serious on them, and it's just fun to have your words stand out among the others...These are forums!

TheOJ

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Youko and SamuraiPanda. I enjoy the podcast so much. I also enjoy Panda's stories of Japan, since I am Japanese, I can completely understand what he is talking about =) Anyway, I love it and keep up the good work! thanks

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Who said we weren't going to talk about him? Of course we are. SMYN doesn't care about spoilers, lol.

AS POSTED IN THE NEWS SECTION:

FOR EPISODE 28, we're doing a Roster segment in which we will go over our final playable rosters estimates, before any big leaks come out! But we need your help! Send your final playable roster guess in audio or text format to dojopodcast@gmail.com and you might hear yours critiqued on the air! Note: Audio submission have a greater chance of airing, but PLEASE submit a text transcription along with your wav/mp3.

This is for meant for those who really want to be on the podcast. There are hardly any episodes left for guests, so this is one of your last few chances!

Sariku

Smash Master
Who said we weren't going to talk about him? Of course we are. SMYN doesn't care about spoilers, lol.

AS POSTED IN THE NEWS SECTION:

FOR EPISODE 28, we're doing a Roster segment in which we will go over our final playable rosters estimates, before any big leaks come out! But we need your help! Send your final playable roster guess in audio or text format to dojopodcast@gmail.com and you might hear yours critiqued on the air! Note: Audio submission have a greater chance of airing, but PLEASE submit a text transcription along with your wav/mp3.

This is for meant for those who really want to be on the podcast. There are hardly any episodes left for guests, so this is one of your last few chances!
I didn't say you »,« I meant us talking about him in this thread.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
But we don't need to discuss how great of a game Pikmin is in this thread and the like. You know what I mean.

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Omg. I am FINALLY caught back up with all the episodes. Way to go Panda, causing me to get so far behind. =P lol

Anywhoo, just going to touch on a few things. Such as Youko getting a distortoin box for your guitar. Friggin' schweet. I don't know if I'd get one but a wah-wah peddle has always sounded good to me.

I used to watch a lot of anime myself... most likely no where near as much as you Panda, but yeah. What do you think about the short series FLCL? (or did you even see it?)

And Engrish. Ahhh sweet sweet Engrish. lol. I've never had the pleasure of seeing any in person, but I have of some that were just plain amazing. Such as an advertisement for dish plates. It said something along the lines of, "When dishes are nice, dinner is better; and when dinner is great, the square ceiling becomes round." :laugh:

As for a submission of a final playable character roster... wow... just wow. Wouldn't that be a HUGE submission? Or would the submittants only go over something smaller? Sounds like fun but I don't think I have the imagination to do something of that caliber.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Ok i am ready this is one of my last chances to be on this show, i cant mess this up. I will not dissapoint.

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
Ok i am ready this is one of my last chances to be on this show, i cant mess this up. I will not dissapoint.
lol thats exactly what i said, im over here downloading programs like crazy,lol nothing to over the top, but its harder than it sounds, i have a newfound respect for youko and SP and anyone else on the show for that matter,

but hey do you know how long it has to be or time limit?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Make it pretty much a list. We're going to try to have a few rosters on the show. So don't type up a ridiculously long analysis of your own roster, please.

falco999

Smash Apprentice
Make it pretty much a list. We're going to try to have a few rosters on the show. So don't type up a ridiculously long analysis of your own roster, please.
aw man that's what i wanted to do. i guess i'll change it

JonBeBonanza

Smash Lord
well, i just finished mine which is like a summary of all the charachters i think are going to be in brawl, veteran, newcomers, returning un-mentioned veterans and thats about it, its 5 minutes so.... what do you think i shold do?

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Hmm, well I already sent a link to my final roster with explanations of it. I have pictures in it for easy reference though. Once you get the email, you'll know what I'm talking about. If you want me to shorten it however, I'll do it.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
hey Youko, the SMYN smashwiki page needed a LOT of cleanup, and so i did a lot of cleaning. so, i thought i'd show you the new page.

http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Show_Me_Your_News

anyway, do you like the new setup? cause i actually like it this way. we really didn't need all the information on EVERY episode. i just wanted you to tell me your opinion.

Sariku

Smash Master
hey Youko, the SMYN smashwiki page needed a LOT of cleanup, and so i did a lot of cleaning. so, i thought i'd show you the new page.

http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/Show_Me_Your_News

anyway, do you like the new setup? cause i actually like it this way. we really didn't need all the information on EVERY episode. i just wanted you to tell me your opinion.
Fixed for you Colbusman. Now easier to read.

Top Bottom