• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHOW ME YOUR NEWS! - Gaming News PODCAST (Ep. 76 OUT!, New WEBSITE and iTunes!)

Cless

Smash Champion
Man, I can't believe people are telling Youko and SP how to rate the week. It's their opinions, not yours.

Anyway, I really can't see them not including Ness now that Onett is back. It's his hometown after all. If they'd chosen Fourside, it'd be a different story.

Bli33ard

Smash Journeyman
Ness FTW (ahem, FTL).

Yeah, I'd rate this 9/10 this week. I don't know why, but I LOL'D at Snake coming back off of the ladder, it just looked so hilarious!

"And Snake got back!"

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Onett would be a hint at including Ness again if it was a new stage, but it's not. It's a old stage. There's no new effort going into it. It's hardly a sign at all. Heck, by that logic, everyone also should be agreeing that a AC and DS character have to be in here too, because not only do they get a stage, but they also get a original one not from a past game. >_>

Leobenmc

Smash Journeyman
Oh, just wanna put it out there - listened to the "State of the Brawl" segment, and was shocked when SamuraiPanda said that "I don't think there's anything else that's really representative of Link for a Final Smash".

URGH! So many options, in TP solely - Ball of Chain?
Huge Ball of Chain - same as a Golden Hammer, with less knockback, but covers the whole screen with each swing.
Dominion Rod? 3 Giant Statues fall from the Sky at set points in the stage, whatever Link does, the statues copy? 4 Up + Bs (3 covering the whole stage) - taking many opponents out
The Spinner? Link uses his Clawshot to attach to an enemy on his level, and then switches on his Spinner and just drags the Spinner into the opponent's Torso for MASSIVE DAMAGE!
Even Midna and Wolf Link? Link transforms into a wolf, and activates his Damage Circle (Holding B in Twilight Princess) with a 3 second countdown timer on it? Get as many enemies in the Circle as you can when the time reaches 0 for good damage and knockback for all immersed!

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Oh, just wanna put it out there - listened to the "State of the Brawl" segment, and was shocked when SamuraiPanda said that "I don't think there's anything else that's really representative of Link for a Final Smash".

URGH! So many options, in TP solely - Ball of Chain?
Huge Ball of Chain - same as a Golden Hammer, with less knockback, but covers the whole screen with each swing.
Dominion Rod? 3 Giant Statues fall from the Sky at set points in the stage, whatever Link does, the statues copy? 4 Up + Bs (3 covering the whole stage) - taking many opponents out
The Spinner? Link uses his Clawshot to attach to an enemy on his level, and then switches on his Spinner and just drags the Spinner into the opponent's Torso for MASSIVE DAMAGE!
Even Midna and Wolf Link? Link transforms into a wolf, and activates his Damage Circle (Holding B in Twilight Princess) with a 3 second countdown timer on it? Get as many enemies in the Circle as you can when the time reaches 0 for good damage and knockback for all immersed!
i don't think anything in TP warrants spoilers since it's been out for so long for two systems, but here you go.

While some of those would have been valid moves, the triforce slash is really much more representative, because theres not much thats epic about using just another weapon in the arsenal. I like the clawshot combo thing, the dominion rod is interesting, but i still think it's a little off. the wolf transformation was the best of your suggestions, but i still think it is a little off because it really does limit his attack and vertical movement IMO.

the only other thing i could think of, would be to do something like snakes final smash with light arrows, or like a quiver of assorted light, fire, and ice arrows.

BleachMan!

Smash Apprentice
i don't think anything in TP warrants spoilers since it's been out for so long for two systems, but here you go.

the only other thing i could think of, would be to do something like snakes final smash with light arrows, or like a quiver of assorted light, fire, and ice arrows.
Or bomb arrows :D

XaviElMatador

Smash Rookie
Muchas Gracias

I have been a Smash Bros. fan since Smash 64 and never really got interested in playing competetively or even joining groups. After listening to your SPECTACULAR podcast and also to the SmashDash weekly recap, my spirit in Brawl and competitive playing has been renewed. I just wanted to thank Youko, Samurai Panda, Gimpyfish, and anyone else involved with the two Bawl projects. I have planned my weekly shedue aroung the SMYN podcast just so I can hear it uninterrupted and be able to focus on its serious yet humorous recap of all things Brawl. Thank you for bringing this gift to all Smashers.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
I have been a Smash Bros. fan since Smash 64 and never really got interested in playing competetively or even joining groups. After listening to your SPECTACULAR podcast and also to the SmashDash weekly recap, my spirit in Brawl and competitive playing has been renewed. I just wanted to thank Youko, Samurai Panda, Gimpyfish, and anyone else involved with the two Bawl projects. I have planned my weekly shedue aroung the SMYN podcast just so I can hear it uninterrupted and be able to focus on its serious yet humorous recap of all things Brawl. Thank you for bringing this gift to all Smashers.
amen, that's how i started too.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Eh, I played a little 64, but I didn't start playing brawl till about four years ago
Seriously? I thought it wasn't even released yet, let alone 4 years ago :p

I played a bunch of Smash 64 and even more Melee, but only started to get competitive in 2006.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
Hear Hear! We need to be showing our hosts some loving :p And believe it or not I am the same way as this guy, so in short, my post is what he posted lol

Norgay

Smash Apprentice
Hey, hosts of SMYN. Well, I emailed you guys my final Roster, I kept it short and sweet, Under one minute. I even put backround music in it, so you know it's not only interesting, but fun to listen to. I emailed it friday morning, so I don't know if it made your deadline, but if it did, I'm sure you will make the right choice. Oh, and SMYN is a great podcast, and I think everyone agrees on that.

falco999

Smash Apprentice
hey youko i have an idea for you. how about during the interview section you have a segment where you quiz your guests on general smash knowledge. i could see this as a really good additoin to the podcast. i hope you think about it. thanks

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I just noticed that the trophy stand was used in a former trailer by DK on a koopa
really? which one?

and can anyone tell me how to get like language pack or something so that my computer will display kanji and katakana characters insted of question marks?

TnadeN

Smash Cadet
really? which one?

and can anyone tell me how to get like language pack or something so that my computer will display kanji and katakana characters insted of question marks?
Control Panel>international & language icon> Language (second tab)

saif442050

Smash Apprentice
hey youko, i was just wondering when the next episode is coming out? Did u guys finish recording? Neways take yur time and keep it up:)

PS. My 100th post!!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, recording is done. I should be sending Youko the finished file soon so he can edit it tomorrow.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'll try to get a preview up soon. I'm hopefully going to be going to another UMB tournament tomorrow, so it is my intent to get the episode up tomorrow morning like last week...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Only out of necessity, I promise. Every mod that had to close a single one of those threads is sick of it.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Podcast should hopefully be out tomorrow morning, Eastern Time Zone, due to my tournament attendance. Hopefully I get to meet a couple fans there, so w00t!

Oh yeah, and it's running about 160 minutes long, so hooray!

Cyberlink420

Smash Ace
NNID
cyberlink420
3DS FC
1461-6271-9006
160 minutes? Nice. It's not Pandacast-level length, but it's an impressive number nonetheless. Can't wait to listen!

On a side note, will there be any more roundtable trials in the future? Just asking since I don't want to bother you guys with an audition if there's no chance...

Top Bottom