• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Ya Gimps! Pit General Disc.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
One thing that caught my mind is, what if Pit was given the ability to DACUS instead? Possibly give him the gatling combo as well? Wouldn't that possibly compensate for how his U-Smash was adjusted?
IDK....But I'm tired of people(mainly fast fallers) falling out of it and then hitting me before I can move....it's pissing me off man..

BlinkIV

Avenger
True, but it's not enough to piss me off, haha.

In other words, I like how most noted Pit mains do use a different color.

Armada = White
Yellow = Gallo
Red =
Green = Mizuki
Blue = Xeven
Black = Archangel

We need a Red Pit player.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
True, but it's not enough to piss me off, haha.

In other words, I like how most noted Pit mains do use a different color.

Armada = White
Yellow = Gallo
Red =
Green = Mizuki
Blue = Xeven
Black = Archangel

We need a Red Pit player.
omg you are right. We are like melee falcon mains.

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
This is actually kinda cool.

Green was mostly because of the lyra tag but it stuck.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2

Bryonato

Green Hat
OT but It's like that with us Ness mains too.

Blue hat- SinisterB
Green hat - Me
Yellow Hat- Awestin
White hat- Calabrel (Lucas main, plays a ton of ness)
Pink hat- Gmaster171

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
^^^ I do think I've talked about this with someone else. It's a loss, I don't think it's a giant loss considering Arrow-AGT is a technique that requires you get an item from someone else. Diddy, Link, Peach, Snake, and Tink are the only characters you could've possibly used it against anyway. It would've helped but I don't feel like I can't beat these characters without it.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
When's the last time Armada played Pit on stream/recording, or made a post concerning Pit?

^^^ I do think I've talked about this with someone else. It's a loss, I don't think it's a giant loss considering Arrow-AGT is a technique that requires you get an item from someone else. Diddy, Link, Peach, Snake, and Tink are the only characters you could've possibly used it against anyway. It would've helped but I don't feel like I can't beat these characters without it.
and ROB. And forget Arrow-AGT then, Arrow waveland itself was also very awesome and useful. You guys didn't work with it enough if at all to delve into its greatness.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
When's the last time Armada played Pit on stream/recording, or made a post concerning Pit?

and ROB. And forget Arrow-AGT then, Arrow waveland itself was also very awesome and useful. You guys didn't work with it enough if at all to delve into its greatness.

I liked Arrow Waveland but it's gone now...

BlinkIV

Avenger
It's always been a good tool, lol. As for projectiles though, Arrow-AGT is alright to do, but honestly. I prefer to do glide-AGT, it's so useful.

br8k

Coolkid
Red Pit aspirant here, at least until Samus comes out. Samus and Pit are basically cousins; their first games were made by the same designer (Yokoi) and released in the same year.

Pit needs a hitbox thread. I need to study me some hitboxes. How are those hitbox gifs made? Can I view hitboxes in Brawl Box?

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Red Pit aspirant here, at least until Samus comes out. Samus and Pit are basically cousins; their first games were made by the same designer (Yokoi) and released in the same year.

Pit needs a hitbox thread. I need to study me some hitboxes. How are those hitbox gifs made? Can I view hitboxes in Brawl Box?

I agree....accept I have no idea how to go about doing that and never have lol. I knew his hitboxes in 2.1 but since then I'm not sure.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Brown-Haired Pit here, reporting for duty.
We have a Black locally, but he's terrible, and a mixed-main that tampers with Pit, but he's a solid player in general so Pit-specifically doesn't count...
He's Brown-Haired Pit-rep too then.

Pit gets love around here.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Brown-Haired Pit here, reporting for duty.
We have a Black locally, but he's terrible, and a mixed-main that tampers with Pit, but he's a solid player in general so Pit-specifically doesn't count...
He's Brown-Haired Pit-rep too then.

Pit gets love around here.

where is round here?

ToTs

Smash Artist
NNID
x_ToTs_x
I play Pits neutral game like I play Falcons, with a little bit of Falco laser approach. I've really only messed with him for some hours so far. Within that time though I definitely like playing him. Just as Falcon's SHFF UairL to grab combo I can also do it with most of pits Ariel's, which made him pretty easy to pick up, I haven't implemented glide much yet. I play pretty aggressive with him, not very campy. oh mustn't forget his gimping game is that of a gods, if your good a twirling those arrows lol

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
So me and my roommate have been playing a lot of PM lately, and I could beat him without even thinking every time earlier this month. But he has some amazing knack for fighters and picked up Ivysaur. He has me beat about 60% of the time now.
I'm really having trouble in this MU. Especially with Razor Leaf mixup and his amazing spacing. Any advice on how to play Ivysaurs? I keep meaning to keep the replays of the videos, but I always forget. I'll see if I can get some tomorrow.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I play Pits neutral game like I play Falcons, with a little bit of Falco laser approach. I've really only messed with him for some hours so far. Within that time though I definitely like playing him. Just as Falcon's SHFF UairL to grab combo I can also do it with most of pits Ariel's, which made him pretty easy to pick up, I haven't implemented glide much yet. I play pretty aggressive with him, not very campy. oh mustn't forget his gimping game is that of a gods, if your good a twirling those arrows lol
Playing as an aggressive Pit is more encouraged in Project M, mainly because he has more offensive options to compliment the faster pacing of the game at the cost of losing some defensive synergy (arguably worse recovery for example). I would even argue playing defensively is not as effective in Project M, because characters in general have an easier time punishing a defensive playstyle.

Vixen

Premium
Playing aggressive with pit will get you wrecked. you have **** range, and you don't do enough shield stun/hitstun to rush grounded characters. you HAVE to treat Pit like you would Shiek or Falcon vs most characters, except that they're still better than Pit.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
^WAT

Sheik-it-up
Passively-aggressive. You don't have to over-commit to anything to always be threatening.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I don't feel like Sheik and Falcon are better than Pit. I feel like they are more developed and can play aggressively in a safer manner.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I was going to post this in the video thread, but I decided this might be the better choice.

Me and my roommate play for an hour or two almost every night now. In every fighting game I have a really bad habit of getting and retaining bad habits. I'm going to work on trying to correct these very early so they won't stick this time around.

So I decided to record some replays of our matches. I'm really no good at all right now, but I'd love to have some of your advice to see what I could be working on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Eqe9VCM62A
(Sorry for the quality, I have no capture card?

I know that my mobility is pretty awful. That's something I've been practicing a lot lately, and hope to get more fluid with. I also find myself getting very repetitive with some of my approaches and attacks as well. And just as I have every Smash game I roll and spotdodge way too much. I just don't know what to do instead.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
To start, when Ivy is 2 miles in the air above you and partially off-stage, don't run away to the other side, shoot an arrow, and sit there.
When you have a positional advantage (you know, hitting them off stage is kind of a thing you could aim to do), why so easily just... quit life? haha

You can Wave-Dash Out of Shield (WDOOS) or Shuffle (Short-Hop Fast-Fall) Aerials as options OOS. There's nothing wrong with rolling or spot-dodging if you're intentionally doing it and it works. Just make sure it's what you want to do, consciously and actively, instead of a default. Learn WDOOS and you'll be a lot more comfortable in your shield, for starters.
They were doing a lot of repetition too, so work with figuring out what THEY'RE doing that's giving you trouble. Even let them know, and work from there.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
To start, when Ivy is 2 miles in the air above you and partially off-stage, don't run away to the other side, shoot an arrow, and sit there.
When you have a positional advantage (you know, hitting them off stage is kind of a thing you could aim to do), why so easily just... quit life? haha
Yeah, my edgeguarding game needs an overhaul, especially against Ivysaur. I've just been gimped so many time while trying to edgeguard him I've stopped keeping count. I've got to figure out a safe, but effective way that isn't just arrows. Ivy's dair and uair make it difficult for me to figure out exactly where and when he's going.

You can Wave-Dash Out of Shield (WDOOS) or Shuffle (Short-Hop Fast-Fall) Aerials as options OOS. There's nothing wrong with rolling or spot-dodging if you're intentionally doing it and it works. Just make sure it's what you want to do, consciously and actively, instead of a default. Learn WDOOS and you'll be a lot more comfortable in your shield, for starters.
I've been working on wavedash out of shield this week for the first time. (I played Brawl for years, but never tried melee competitively until about a month or 2 ago so my tech skills are extremely rusty). But the toughest thing to me about it is finding out when to use it. It seems everytime I try it I get hit by an attack mid-wavedash. And for SH-attacking out of shield, I've been doing that a little more when trying not to roll. I'm assuming the best option would be ShFFDair, correct? But, same as the wavedash, I seem to get punished for that a decent amount as well right as I come out of the shield.

They were doing a lot of repetition too, so work with figuring out what THEY'RE doing that's giving you trouble. Even let them know, and work from there.
Yep, he's definitely getting like me where what he's doing is repetitive and readable. Me and him are both extremely competitive with each other, but he claims he's only playing Smash casually. He doesn't care to really try to get good. So trying to work with him like that may be a bit harder than I'd wish for. But I'll probably bring it up some.
Me and Stingers from NC had a few good friendlies at a local tourney we were at. I wasn't able to record, but we talked about playing some more together soon. Hopefully I can record some and see how I adapt to someone who really knows what they're doing.
And I've never really tried it cause I'm sure it probably can feel like a mess, but if anyone wants to play online and practice together, I'd be more than happy to. I don't get to play many others, and even with lag I feel that getting to see and feel how others play is a large benefit.

Thanks for the help!

Vixen

Premium
I don't feel like Sheik and Falcon are better than Pit. I feel like they are more developed and can play aggressively in a safer manner.
Aka better.

Do I have to recycle my still-correct observations of pit for like the billionth time? You have silly views on pit.

Pit sucks lol.

Best way to play Pit is basically just hope they **** up and punish really hard. He's okay at it, but other characters do this much better. I just happen to have a thing for Pit, otherwise I'd play other characters.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
Can you guys give me any advice on how to play Zelda in general? Every time I play a Zelda I feel like a just revert back to the first time I ever touched the game. I can't explain it, I just cannot figure out how to play against her. My roommate and have really good Ivy/Pit matchups that are usually 50/50. We have a bunch of secondaries we use for fun. I have no trouble taking down any of his secondaries. But every so often he'll bring up Zelda. He really doesn't know how to play her at all yet I still can't figure out how to approach/punish/follow up etc. I feel like every time I hit her I have to back off because she can interrupt any chain. You also have to make sure you are not above her which is how my Pit plays at most points. Plus she has complete control of the field.

I know I sound scrubby right now, but I really just don't know how to play against her at all. I don't get the chance to often either since my roommate doesn't like using her that much.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Posting a match vid would be the best way to get useful feedback. Aside from that, what specifically are you having issues with? Combos, edge-guarding or just unfamiliarity against the character?

Zelda has a fantastic weight for Pit combos, especially if you're transitioning from throws to a juggle. Standard dthrow -> dair / fair works well and usually guarantees another hit. Stray arrows that hit her mid-air can net free fairs because of how floaty she is as well (percentage dependent). Ideally, you want to knock her up above you and stalk her from below when you're pressing offensively. SSB does not reward the player with the higher ground in most cases, and this match-up is no exception. Zelda's best aerial attacks (fair / bair) are near useless when you're directly beneath her, so that's where you need to be as often as possible. When you're not doing that, try your best to play passive aggressive Pit. Shoot arrows to annoy her and force a sloppy approach, or play around on platforms to lure her off the ground (this is a great way to get beneath her). You can also try to catch her setting up Din's fire with quick f+B (airdash) approaches into nair as a disruption strategy or fair for a combo starter if you're confident it will land. I find this works well to close the gap on unsuspecting opponents who are focusing on traditional defensive spacing and preventing SH approaches. I also believe Pit beats her pretty bad up close with quicker moves and a painful throw game.

Top Bottom