• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show Me Ya Gimps! Pit General Disc.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Well this board has been around for a few days now and nobody has made a general thread.

Figured it was a good idea to make one.

So I think we should start out with the big question looming over us lately.

Eggz or Archangel?

:phone:

Eggz

Smash Hero
Idk, do you discuss gay angels in your other social circles? I think pit discussion should be kept here and all other things in social.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
This mustn't register on an emotional level. Think smashboards as WWE, Actual tournaments being an actual fight...what happens hear is all for entertaining. Eggz is an old enough player to know that without **** talk and rivalries the melee community would've died years ago.

on that note:

When we do play, I'm going to scramble eggz.

BlinkIV

Avenger
After you guys play, I'm going to come in with my Pit and then reign supreme. MM me?

On the real tho, Pit for top 8? Top 5? Top 3? #1 stunner?

McNinja

Smash Ace
I'll give him a solid top 10 slot at least.

Which is good/bad. Good because, well, he's better. Bad because now Pit will be mainstream now :-(

...imnotahipster

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
After you guys play, I'm going to come in with my Pit and then reign supreme. MM me?

On the real tho, Pit for top 8? Top 5? Top 3? #1 stunner?
I want pit to become main stream tbh. He deserves more attention then alot of fraudulent characters got in 2.1

I'd give pit top 8. Should things like Melee shielding ever become possible and all is finalize and complete I could see Pit as high as 5. He's got a little bit of good qualities from alot of already good characters combined into him. As well as his own unique gheyness.

BlinkIV

Avenger
Yeah, characters in 2.1 were definitely fraudulent, but I see a lot of potential with Pit, and a lot of bandwagoning of people coming to him. OG Pits da bess.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Well yeah. I've was one of the original pit bandwagon riders...like...even before brawls release...brawl sucked though so it matters not...

BlinkIV

Avenger
Maybe, I can see Pit being better than Falcon, tbh. I wanted to play Pit in Brawl but, I hated his style, and how it revolved around the ledge, lol.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
I think Pit's being as good as falcon for now is a fair statement. My bias/foresight can see pit moving above him though. I see Pit capping out at around Melee's Sheik tier. Which is very good consider how strong a cast we got so far and it's not even over yet.

Guess i cant say anything this early, but i just dont see anything without something on par with a spacy kit being that good.

Pits just like a weird falconpeach with a gun.

Wouldnt confuse armada and hbox being freaks with puff/peach being better than fox/falco

I know what you mean. In melee Falco/fox are just better overall than everyone even if by a smudge. However Peach and Puff can be played just as well do to their tools...however they are both limited one way or another in ways that fox/falco aren't. Puff has great air mobility, Peach has stupid peach stuff(Nair,dsmash, occasional stitch face, dash attack, Fairwell). If you master applying what they have and you don't face anyone along the way who will exploit your characters weakness with another character or a specific style then you can do just as well with those 2 as Fox/Falco. Same goes for sheik.

Now going back to pit, how does he measures up. Lets break him down piece by piece and then put him back together.

weight - 80 (same as Pika, Lucas)

fall rate - Same as sonic's (fast fall included)

ground mobility - he's in the top 10 faster than marth and sheik.

Air mobility - He has 4 jumps, the first full hop going pretty high and then slightly smaller jumps each time. However combined with his Glide(s) and momentum he puts into his jumps out of dash make his air mobility among the highest in the game.

range/grab range - counting his arrows he can out-range anyone. His actual attack range is about average. grab range is just below sheiks by a smudge

Recovery - about as good as Peach and Puff even without 2 glides.

edgeguard - he's probably in the top 5 or 6. If you have good aim and know what you are doing it's pretty damn hard to come back to the stage safely if pit doesn't want you there.

overall kill efficiency. 2.5 now has everything he needs to kill every single character. He can carry most characters straight off the stage and kill them that way but he's no longer limited to that. He's got pretty strong smash attacks, his Ftilt has like...no ending lag, his Up B sweetspot is 100 times easier to land and even easier to set up. Won't say he's the very best but he's pretty good.

these are just some trivial things but...already pit start to form into the mold of a pretty good character just on paper. I want to know what everything thinks though before I move on to specials and all.

McNinja

Smash Ace
Can someone tell me what throw to use against spacies at what percent?

I could experiment and do it, but I would prefer to save time if possible.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
it's different for each one of them. I suggest going for Dthrow spam until they start DI'ing away. Then you go form CG to Tech-chase. You can start doing it at 0-8% on spacies. The Uthrow works somewhat...but not really. It's not a guaranteed regrab unless they DI incorrectly. if the DI up you can Uthrow into Up-B on Spacies or other characters. Fthrow/bthrow-Arrow off stage works wonders if you no how to aim.

Dopey

Smash Lord
Dunno bout u guys, or if anyones been doin it..but i just played PM for the first time ever today an got 5th(mango got 1st) k pit is effin awesome...glide cancels into uairs and upBs are toooo good! Dat upB kills at around 100% depending what lvl/char

Vixen

~::Fragile::~
Premium
bit is b/a tier at best. don't get it twisted.

only reliable way to damage spacies is usmash. his throws suck vs anyone good.

Divock

Smash Rookie
I dunno. I find Usmash to be one of my most reliable kill moves. More reliable than Fsmash or Shield Bash for me, anyway.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Usmash is among the better half of Usmash killing moves in the game. However, Vs's FFers at low % you can use it to get them into the air for combos.

Vixen

Premium
usmash vs floaties is your most reliable kill move.

usmash > shield bash > uair > bair > ftilt > other smashes

It wasn't recorded, but I won several 1v2's vs Cmart and JCeasar with Pit.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
ah, ok.

that makes a bit more sense. I don't doubt that you are a good pit but 1v2 4 stocks each would be kind of unbelievable :cool:

Vixen

Premium
Pit's not THAT good.

Neither am I.

The point I was making is that Pit was very good at composing himself in 1v2 situations, and usmash is boss.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
yeah, so far that's been my only application for it. Floatier characters will go to far from throw or Usmash but utilt sends just high enough for Up-B.

Top Bottom