• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Lol you guys. To say our best players dont use him is quite an assumption, because quite a number of good players use him, and get beaten by others. You can't really compare our players to yours if they haven't faced eachother that much. If MK is as bannable as he is then wouldn't it be relative anyways?
That's easy -- because we know MK has at best neutral matchups, so if your players are thrashing all the MKs it means the MKs are less skilled than them. It doesn't mean they're worlds beyond their skill level, but it means that the best players in your region are using other characters.

I never said no "good" players there use him, just not the "best" -- apparently enough of them to keep him from taking the top 5 spots. That's basically a soft ban, when you're talking about the best character in the game.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Tristan's linked article made a point I really liked: We ban items not because they're all terrible (Like the item standard play has done a good job of weeding down the list to items that don't provide an instant win) but because they can let the less skilled player win, regardless of map or matchup. Thus most people feel the game is more competitive and more truly demonstrates skill without items allowed. That's basically what MK does too, as he removes the need to have learned a secondary -- learning how to play as only one character and still beat people that have learned two (With no penalty anywhere in matchups to the one-character user!) does in fact take less skill. (I am not saying all MK players have less skill. If they have equal-more skill, they just gain advantage (More time to practice that one character is still an advantage even for the best) -- a lot like a lucky item drop won't automatically make the already great player instant-win but will also give them an extra advantage.)

Oh, for the record, Marth had a higher dominance in Melee than Meta Knight currently does now. He wasn't even considered the best character.
MK has been slowly but steadily getting himself soft banned, this argument doesn't really hold up when you look at why he's not continuing his rapid overall domination. A soft ban is just as acceptable to me as a hard ban, though -- the problem is going to be the few best players who won't switch and will eventually drag all the other best players over to MK as well unless a viable way to gain an advantage against him can be found (And there's no indication that will ever happen).

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Shoot, I voted for the wrong one...can I have a new ballot pwease? I thought blue was Obama and red was McCain. When did the maverick get this huge boost in the polls? :lick:

salaboB

Smash Champion
Shoot, I voted for the wrong one...can I have a new ballot pwease? I thought blue was Obama and red was McCain. When did the maverick get this huge boost in the polls? :lick:
Don't worry, nobody holds you to your vote -- at worst you'll get a "Didn't you vote here?" and then you can say "I clicked wrong okay? GET OFF MY BACK ABOUT IT!"

Mortimer

Smash Apprentice
Midwest: xxxxoxxxxoxxox 3/14 (21.4%)
Pacific West: xxoxoxxoxxxxxxx 3/15 (20%)
Atlantic North: xxooxxoooxoxxooox 9/17 (52.9%)
Atlantic South: xoxxxx 1/6 (16.7%)
Southwest: ooooxxoxxooo 8/12 (66.7%)
Australia: oxoxx 2/5 (40%)
Canada: o 1/1 (100%)
Europe: x 0/1 (0%)

Well, Canada and Europe obviously suck at reporting results so you can safely ignore them (though oddly Australia seems to report just fine). It seems to me like Southwest is the main place Meta Knight is doing so well, and it's only 4th activity wise so I doubt their metagame is way more developed than the rest of the nation. It's flat out uncanny that the reports are that the Northwest is the region that handles him best; they are one of the only two regions with more than one result that have a greater than 50% win rate for Meta Knight.
Your numbers say that Pacific West has a 20% MK win, yet in your analysis you say it has a greater than 50% win rate? And Atlantic North, who is able to deal with MK, has a 52.9% rate of MK winning?

Something isn't adding up. Did you mean that it's uncanny that the Northeast say they handle MK well, but he wins over 50% of their tourneys?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
yes that what he meant and the northeast is refering to atlantic north im pretty sure it was just a typo

that basically amounts to...

EC and texas, argueably the best regions, get ***** by MK

funny how that works

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
I'll say, while we're at it, let's ban books, too. Those things are hard to read. I don't like hard things. Makes doing harder, and I'm already too lazy to do competently, let alone well.
This seems like an extremely naiive statement to make, especially considering the ban isn't based on trying to make something fair or unfair but instead is made trying to keep the spirit of competitive Smash as it was supposed to be.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The only edge Meta Knight really has on Snake is the ability to gimp his recovery. Which shouldn't happen if you properly DI, and recover from high up. Snake can out space Meta Knight with proper Grenade use, FTilt and UTilt. Meta Knight essentially has to KO Snake through a blastzone, which he will lose at in the long run because of how heavy and powerful Snake is.
Sorry... no.

Dtilt outranges utilt, dropped grenades, and the first hit of the ftilt (second hit requires him to be asleep in order to hit, it's way too slow, MK will do SOMETHING before it's an issue).

All he can do is lay mines, which only cover one side, and is unsafe.

Oh, and to gimp, follow up with a dair while snake is offstage. It forces him to use cypher low because of it's gimpy angle.

Because MK has much better rushdown and Snake is crap in the air, the option to follow up with a dtilt is not unusual.

Falco is put in an akward position vs ledge camping Meta Knight, but there are ways to deal with the problem. He can't ledge camp you if you're ahead in percent, which isn't uncommon due to the 60% Chain Grab.
The chaingrab is unimportant, Falco doesn't have the range to make it a real issue.

Beyond that, it's basically the Marth v. Falco match-up, Falco is totally unsafe from a certain range, and MK is totally safe from said range. If MK plays safely, your only option is hoping to mindgame your opponent into doing something stupid. And if you can consistently get him into a good range, you're much better anyway.

Again, why does MK counter-pick ICs?

Mmac

Smash Lord
You're looking at this too far into simply black and white, and it's blinding to your judgement, or anyone else who happens to see things this way.

First off, if you're comparing the number of pros Meta Knight has compared to his cons, and using that total as a comparison to others, of course he's going to be broken. You're totally ignoring exactly how prominent those pros are when compared to different characters, and you're not considering the strengths of other characters that are able to compete with Meta Knight.
It seems to be simple fact. How exactly are they Prominent? He has 5 best of the Major characteristics in the game, with the rest of the Major Characteristics Well Above Average. Everyone else has Scattered Redeeming Qualities at best. Sure they might have some tools to deal with him decently, but MetaKnight has tools on everyone to deal with them with ease!

Most characters that do not have any tools to exploit weaknesses on Meta Knight are the characters that are too low on the Tier List to compete with any other Top or High Tier character anyway. You're acting as if Meta Knight just ruins everyone with no exploits, when it really isn't true. Some characters have significantly longer reach than he does on many attacks, while others are much stronger than he is, and die later. There are characters that deal damage better than he does, and have more KO options.
Significantly Longer Reach? From what I heard, he even outranges Marth! Snake and DK might, but once he gets in and knocks them into the air, they're in major trouble. Dedede is just plain too stiff to counter MetaKnight effectively, And everyone else in the top/high tiers just get plain outranged. Another thing is that More Powerful = Bull****! MetaKnight can just Chip Damage the entire time and collect damage just as fast. More KO'ing options isn't necessary better. MetaKnight has 4, which 3 are Lagless. Besides he can just gimp most characters at low percents easily.

What makes Meta Knight an amazing character is that he has most qualities bundled into one package that are above average to good. For the most part, aside from his attack speed and recovery, he doesn't have an overwhelmingly outstanding qualities.
One of the best Defencive, Edgeguarding, and Comboing Games are not "Overwhelming" Characteristics? Because I think they are. He's just plain too powerful, he's got too many redeeming qualities that set him apart, and you can't deny it. You can't probably even find flaws in my thesis because they're probably all right

Oh, for the record, Marth had a higher dominance in Melee than Meta Knight currently does now. He wasn't even considered the best character.
Judging from AlphaZealot's Thread I assume. His example wasn't all that convincing... 2 Marths in the Top 8 Compared to 5 MetaKnights? Yes Marth is soooooooo dominating more than MetaKnight! If it is, it's probably because of Ken, Which I believe that M2K will pass him in a very short time...

Plus if he WAS that dominating, then it just shows you how more balanced the higher Tiers from Melee were balanced considerably more than Brawl.

Why should MetaKnight stay? He does nothing good for the completive scene! He's just too overbalanced, and just turns the entire game one dimensional. The game would be so much better without him, even if he isn't that broken. I doubt if we give it a Year that it would be any different.... that is, if the game actually last that long

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Also, that's half the problem with the statement he made. The second half of it is that Meta Knight does have disadvantages of other characters. He doesn't have solid counters, no. But Snake has the advantage. I'm quite adamant on Falco having the advantage too, and Diddy is another potential example.

Even if I am wrong on that
No to the first part, yes to the bold part, 'nuff said.

Edit: Clearly any facts stated or any points made will be "proven wrong" by the opposing side anyway, or plain ignored, so, none stated.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I wrote that message as it went so it was pretty funny how it worked out. There were claims that Atlantic North handled Meta Knight better than most, but in reality most regions don't seem to have much trouble with him at all while he does pretty well in Atlantic North. "northwest" was a typo; I meant northeast.

The next interesting question would be rather the claims that the Atlantic North in general doesn't want to ban him are true. If they are, it's hard to take the ban side seriously since that would isolate the whole fiasco to one region. It also seems that I forgot to mention that I was only looking at September and October; I really screwed up the small things in that post. I'll repost the relevant parts.

(response to the claim that Atlantic North does better than most regions against Meta Knight)

This is so interesting that I thought I'd compile Meta Knight's win percentage in the various regions in the way Ankoku tracks them. I'll leave in the "raw data" as I counted them from the bottom up so people can look it over and check me on any mistakes I might have made. This only looks at September and October.

Well, Canada and Europe obviously suck at reporting results so you can safely ignore them (though oddly Australia seems to report just fine). It seems to me like Southwest is the main place Meta Knight is doing so well, and it's only 4th activity wise so I doubt their metagame is way more developed than the rest of the nation. It's flat out uncanny that the reports are that the Northeast is the region that handles him best; they are one of the only two regions with more than one result that have a greater than 50% win rate for Meta Knight.

XienZo

Smash Lord
But do we want this to become a Atlantic north vs everybody else argument?

If Atlantic north indeed IS the highest level of play, would that make it so they have the final say in this decision? Do they get to make the rules for everybody else? Should a potentially overpowered character be allowed in because the leading region is having no problems while everybody else is getting owned? Are they the only ones that matter? Or do we look at the whole community, even though the other regions don't have as high level of play?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
But do we want this to become a Atlantic north vs everybody else argument?

If Atlantic north indeed IS the highest level of play, would that make it so they have the final say in this decision? Do they get to make the rules for everybody else? Should a potentially overpowered character be allowed in because the leading region is having no problems while everybody else is getting owned? Are they the only ones that matter? Or do we look at the whole community, even though the other regions don't have as high level of play?
The issue is that "everyone else" except the southwest is doing statistically BETTER against Meta Knight than the Atlantic North. So, if Atlantic North were to actually lead the charge on opposing a ban, it would look really foolish for the Midwest, Pacitic West, Atlantic South, or Australia to disagree just because Meta Knight does so much worse in those regions than in Atlantic North. We can't know real stats for Canada or Europe, unfortunately; it would be interesting to see how things are going in those regions.

Also, if this is a case of the leading region not having problems while others do, doesn't that really imply that the others just need to get better at the game? It's not that case at all (most regions do better against MK than Atlantic North or maybe just have fewer MK players), but it would seem to be a classic red flag to watch for with the whole risk of "he's not too good; I just have to get better".

Volacide

Smash Rookie
Since I can't be arsed to read through 84 pages of discussion, could an intelligent member please briefly sum up why the majority seems to believe Meta Knight should be banned.

There is the obvious stuff, but I don't think any of it should constitute Meta Knight being banned.

Convince me.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Since I can't be arsed to read through 84 pages of discussion, could an intelligent member please briefly sum up why the majority seems to believe Meta Knight should be banned.

There is the obvious stuff, but I don't think any of it should constitute Meta Knight being banned.

Convince me.
want him banned:

~ no bad matchups or stages
~ winning majority of tourneys
~ "too easy to pick up and **** with" (is an opinion)
......and i think thats about it

dont want him banned:

**** i made a list somewhere on that 470+ page thread somewhere...im not gonna look for it >.<
~ too early
~ HAS neutrals despite what everybody says. and most of his matchups are 60 - 40, which is very beatable
~ HAS weaknesses, just have to expliot him.
~ banning is a last resort. we have options.
~ more, i just cant remember. if you wanna look on that huge thread go ahead

some FUN FACTS!
~ don gimme crap about how MK is gonna hinder brawls metagame. i just say a freakin ganon technique come up...and this is the MK crisis.
~ Originally Posted by Amazing Ampharos
(response to the claim that Atlantic North does better than most regions against Meta Knight)

This is so interesting that I thought I'd compile Meta Knight's win percentage in the various regions in the way Ankoku tracks them. I'll leave in the "raw data" as I counted them from the bottom up so people can look it over and check me on any mistakes I might have made. This only looks at September and October.

Well, Canada and Europe obviously suck at reporting results so you can safely ignore them (though oddly Australia seems to report just fine). It seems to me like Southwest is the main place Meta Knight is doing so well, and it's only 4th activity wise so I doubt their metagame is way more developed than the rest of the nation. It's flat out uncanny that the reports are that the Northeast is the region that handles him best; they are one of the only two regions with more than one result that have a greater than 50% win rate for Meta Knight.

some regions have barely MK problems, while others have alot.
~ marth used to be domiant too. check thread

make your decision SBR...its painful waiting >.<

Martselsoep

Smash Cadet
I have got the following thing to say on the topic of metaknight being banned out of an objective view

Metaknight has won the majority of tournaments in the world, though he hasn't won them all or even half of them. So in this case you would say that metaknight plays a prominent role in the metagame, but not enough to ban him cause other players have proven to win tournaments without him which mean MK istn't necesarily needed to win tournaments.

About metaknight being broken:
It is obvious that metaknight has taken a big lead on the rest of the characters. due to many innovative players picking him up and make up combo's and stuff. The creative rate of things speeded up for metaknight and not for the rest(not that they didn't advance, but metaknight just advanced faster)IMO. We can' t say if metaknight is broken untill we come to the point that the characters in the game have evolved to a certain level when we can ban things and characters that we are certain on that they are broken.
So he should not be banned for the time being

salaboB

Smash Champion
We can' t say if metaknight is broken untill we come to the point that the characters in the game have evolved to a certain level when we can ban things and characters that we are certain on that they are broken.
So he should not be banned for the time being
How do you determine when other characters have evolved "enough"?

Martselsoep

Smash Cadet
How do you determine when other characters have evolved "enough"?
good question.
well it's easier said then done. But there are ways to determine how characters are evolving and how much they have evolved or not IMO.
1: The tier list. When this list still versatile and the characters go up and down is a sign that it is not evolved.
2: when people are still finding things like the yoshi chaingrab or the Ness infinite (or escaping it )
both signs that characters are not so evolved

salaboB

Smash Champion
good question.
well it's easier said then done. But there are ways to determine how characters are evolving and how much they have evolved or not IMO.
1: The tier list. When this list still versatile and the characters go up and down is a sign that it is not evolved.
2: when people are still finding things like the yoshi chaingrab or the Ness infinite (or escaping it )
both signs that characters are not so evolved
1. Isn't the tier list relatively stable? I haven't heard any significant challenges against it lately.
2. People haven't located a new chaingrab or infinite lately that I've heard anything about -- when was the last new one discovered?

Sliq

Smash Master
umm... I can't understand a word of what is bolded.

and before that. um. was that a serious response? I know it was sarcastic, but it's also completely irrelivent. It's not really responding to the argument for banning MK. It's just non-sequiter... adn I don't think that was your intent.
How is this confusing? It makes doing harder, as in the act of performing the action is more difficult. Doing is a verb. Learn2English.

Lets ban my underwhere too, then. It is easy to wear. I don't like easy things. So we must ban all of them. And Mk gives you easy wins.
lol wut?

This seems like an extremely naiive statement to make, especially considering the ban isn't based on trying to make something fair or unfair but instead is made trying to keep the spirit of competitive Smash as it was supposed to be.
Well, can't the dude playing as Metaknight just not like, I dunno, play like a faggot? The spirit of competition is being dampered by a character, it's being dampered by fucking assholes, and they ruin everything anyways.

Martselsoep

Smash Cadet
1. Isn't the tier list relatively stable? I haven't heard any significant challenges against it lately.
2. People haven't located a new chaingrab or infinite lately that I've heard anything about -- when was the last new one discovered?
1 I should have said how the character match ups, are they are still changing and that's what I meant, by referring to the tier list I refered it to charatcer match ups kind of tier list (which would make MK #1 and Marth #2 IMO).
2 i dont know when the last was discovered but you can say that there should be a healthy amount of time before we say its a long time ago (lets say 3 or 4 months or so)

salaboB

Smash Champion
1 I should have said how the character match ups, are they are still changing and that's what I meant, by referring to the tier list I refered it to charatcer match ups kind of tier list (which would make MK #1 and Marth #2 IMO).
As long as MK is in, Marth won't rise to #2 because MK shuts him down too hard. With MK still in, the tier list is relatively fixed -- Yoshi might move up if people actually can make him perform the way everyone theorycrafts he can, but nothing major is going to be shifting based on what's been discovered recently.

2 i dont know when the last was discovered but you can say that there should be a healthy amount of time before we say its a long time ago (lets say 3 or 4 months or so)
I believe we're at a solid month or two without anything significant being found -- the last big thing I heard about was the possible cg with Wario that ended up only working on DK, iirc. That was at least a couple weeks back and didn't end up changing anything really.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
How is this confusing? It makes doing harder, as in the act of performing the action is more difficult. Doing is a verb. Learn2English.
Me? you should learn to construct a sentence properly. The wording was just attrocious. Besides that, "doing" had no antecedent. Doing WHAT exactly?

salaboB

Smash Champion
i stopped reading after there. do you have ANY idea how unstable it is. it is disgustingly off. in version 2 i see MANY changes
You have no credibility for predictions, honestly.

I guess I should really have just asked what tier list stability has to do with whether MK is too effective or not. It's not like everyone else squabbling over second best impacts him having no bad matchups, stages, or any of the other reasons for banning him. Then the million and one opinions on how it should change (That seem to be theorycrafting again) aren't involved in the point.

You also missed the more interesting question -- how long since something has been learned that significantly improved a character? One chaingrab against someone that's already crunched by chaingrabs (ie, Wario vs. Dk) doesn't significantly help Wario.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well, can't the dude playing as Metaknight just not like, I dunno, play like a ***got? The spirit of competition is being dampered by a character, it's being dampered by ****ing *******s, and they ruin everything anyways.
If you mean people playing to win, then no. The spirit of "fun" is ruined by these people... just only when there's someone like MK around. ;)

Also also also:

Quick question for everyone:

Do you REALLY think the tier list could be accurately updated in any significant manner other than "here is the list of people after Metaknight based on how they do vs. MK"?

Ulevo

Smash Master
Dude do you even realize how bad that argument is?
Considering the fact that MK has multiple jumps and his shuttle loop it does not matte rhow high Snake will go because MK can follow him well.
No. He can't. If you DI properly (which is upwards and at an angle, depending upon the move you were hit with), 90% of the time Meta Knight will not reach you until you begin to drop. From there, you have Air Dodges and Grenades to keep you safe. Meta Knight, even with his five jumps, cannot reach you most of the time.

Let us also not forget the fact that Snake's aerial game is complete crap to MK. He loses in both speed and priority aerially.
Totally irrelevant. Snake doesn't use his aerials to combat almost any of his opponents, and it isn't needed to prevent Meta Knight from follow ups when recovering anyway.

Let us also remember thef act that MK has much higher attack speed than Snake and has many methods of getting apst the grenade spam.
No. He doesn't. If you drop a grenade down in front of you, Meta Knight cannot attack without going past it, which he then gets hit by FTilt or UTilt. If Meta Knight jumps over it, he gets ***** by both, since his aerials do not have nearly as much reach as his FTilt and DTilt do. This limits Meta Knight a lot. While camping behind a dropped grenade, Snake can use a plethora of options to set up for approaches or counter attack (Mortar Slide, Nikita, et cetera). Spamming grenades doesn't mean you're mindlessly throwing them. :ohwell:

If MK properly spaces his attacks Snake is incapable of punishing nor capable of responding properly to MK's attacks.
Again, also false. The only attacks Meta Knight can truly rely on to out space Snake is FTilt and DTilt, which I just covered above. FTilt and UTilt for Snake stop everything else Meta Knight has; Fair, Glide Attack, Mach Tornado, et cetera.

Snake being big and heavy does not aid him because he has a slower attack speed, no reliable aerial move, no method of truly outranging MK without leaving himself vulnerable.
First off, big and heavy =/= slower attack speed. Snakes are very fast for the range and power they pack. Aerial move is irrelevant, and although very useful, would not be used in the conventional way most aerials would be used for other characters. No method of out ranging him? You really underestimate FTilt and UTilts range, and the speed they have on both start up and cool down.

He gets zoned. He gets dominated aerially, his recovery is very vulnerable.
Zoned? Are you kidding? Meta Knights best zoning tool, Fair, gets him shield grabbed. If he tries to space it, FTilt out ranges it, along with UTilt. Snake won't voluntarily go aerial, and his recovery, as explained, is only as vulnerable as you make it. If you DI properly so you do not use your Cypher low, and you use Cypher immediately after double jump to give it a fast momentum, Meta Knight will almost never be able to take advantage of you until you're off the cypher and falling. From there, you still have viable options.

Grenade camping only works on MK who are overly aggressive which they should not be to begin with.
Um... Meta Knight has to approach, otherwise he will get spammed from Grenades. That doesn't mean Snake is going to just start hucking them for no reason. He can drop them to create a wall of hitboxes and traps Meta Knight cannot get around unless Snake messes up, he can use them during Shields or simply hold them so Meta Knight blows up with Snake if he hits him... You're acting as if the only thing you can do with Grenades is just throw them. :ohwell:

This is true but unlike MK he doesn't necessarily have an extremely reliable way of killing MK.
He doesn't have any overly reliable methods of killing, no. But the ones he has do work well, even if Meta Knight surpasses him in that department.

He also gets zoned by MK badly on ground and in the air. Once MK has gotten close Falco has no guaranteed method of getting MK away without placing himself in risk of getting zoned.
Meta Knight has to zone at a spaced distance to avoid getting grabbed. Falco can simply retreat with SHDL when that occurs. He has SH Phantasm, which is very hard to punish for Meta Knight, to reset the spacing. Standard A, grabs and DSmash at higher percents work very well when Meta Knight is in close.

It is not just ledge camping its the speed, range and mobility of MK that causes issues for Falco and Snake.
And the sky is blue. Your point?

Sorry... no.

Dtilt outranges utilt, dropped grenades, and the first hit of the ftilt (second hit requires him to be asleep in order to hit, it's way too slow, MK will do SOMETHING before it's an issue).

All he can do is lay mines, which only cover one side, and is unsafe.
Um... What? First off, Meta Knight can't DTilt dropped Grenades. They blow up. In order to get past dropped grenades, Meta Knight has two options. Run past them and get ***** by FTilt/UTilt, or jump over them and get ***** by UTilt. DTilt and FTilt are the only methods Meta Knight has to properly out space Snake on the ground, and Grenades nullify that advantage by a great margin. Laying mines only aids this, and it will cost Meta Knight much more if he is struck by one than if Snake does. It is all part of proper stage control, which any good Snake should have.

Oh, and to gimp, follow up with a dair while snake is offstage. It forces him to use cypher low because of it's gimpy angle.
I'm tired of hearing this gimping strategy. Snake will not, I repeat, will not use his Cypher low under and circumstances, whatsoever, any day of the week, vs any character at all, unless he messes up his DI. With that in mind, Meta Knight will almost never reach him, and at best, could maybe under rare circumstances hit him while in his cypher with a soft Shuttle Loop, which does nothing.

Please don't make that argument again.

Because MK has much better rushdown and Snake is crap in the air, the option to follow up with a dtilt is not unusual.
I already refuted this. DTilt only becomes an option if Meta Knight gets past the Grenades. If Meta Knight gets that close, he'll get Shield Grabbed, due to the low Shield Stun of his moves.

The chaingrab is unimportant, Falco doesn't have the range to make it a real issue.
You're right, Meta Knight is going to sit back and outspace those lasers right? Meta Knight has to follow in close because of the spam. If he does, he risks getting grabbed. And don't say he can get around the lasers easily, he's not Marth. His aerial speed is terrible unless he's gliding, and if he approaches up high, Falco has more than enough vertical jumping ability to follow him with his gun.

Beyond that, it's basically the Marth v. Falco match-up
No. It's not. IT'S NOT. Marth cannot be Chain Grabbed. Marth has a significantly better Fair and Bair. Marth has a 0 - Death combo on Falco. Marths aerial maneuverability is significantly better. Marth has Dancing Blade to punish and win every spot dodge war, something Meta Knight cannot do, even with DSmash. Marth hits a hell of a lot harder with tips, and dies later than Meta Knight too.It isn't the same **** match up.

Falco is totally unsafe from a certain range, and MK is totally safe from said range. If MK plays safely, your only option is hoping to mindgame your opponent into doing something stupid. And if you can consistently get him into a good range, you're much better anyway.
Even if Meta Knight is safe from a specific range, Falco can reset the spacing between them. DTilt isn't as effective in this match up due to how much Falco is short hopping around. Fair will get him punished, most likely through a grab. FTilt is a problem however. Between lasers and Phantasm, Meta Knight has a hard time coping with the spam unless he predicts accordingly. Even at close quarters, Meta Knight has to properly pick and choose his attacks to avoid either getting grabbed, or at higher percents, Smashed.

Again, why does MK counter-pick ICs?
Dair Camping, Tornado, DThrow, BThrow/FThrow at ledges, spaced/paused FTilts, and DTilt totally distort the bond of Nana and Popo, and seperate them very effectively. From there, it's a simple Shuttle Loop or DSmash. And unfortunately for the IC, the CPU can't effectively DI all the time. This match up is very easy if you stick to a strick regime of Dairs, Tornado and Throws to seperate with the occasional Tilt until they split. Then the match is yours.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Do you REALLY think the tier list could be accurately updated in any significant manner other than "here is the list of people after Metaknight based on how they do vs. MK"?
No because the tier list actually is already just like that...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
oh god..... Ulevo is the new yuna! <.<
I wonder if he knows you are trying to upstage him!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
grab snake by edge

hit attack button

snake falls out

gimp

He can c4 to save himself. Maybe.

No one said it is easy though, I haven't sat down to figure it out yet because I don't play any snakes, I've just seen it from several other MKs (apparently M2K is pretty good at it)

Mmac

Smash Lord
Quick question for everyone:

If it was like that, Yoshi would be Top Tier.

Please make the next Tier List like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom