• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
brawl is already a ****ty game, the fact that a character is seriously considered for banning just exemplifies how bad brawl is, because mk could very well be too good for the mechanics of the game...

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Overswarm says that MK should be banned.
Let's ban MK.

That was a joke, by the way.

Oblique

Smash Apprentice
I hate MK to death, but i wouldn't ban him. I just makes me feel a lot better when i beat him.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
brawl is already a ****ty game, the fact that a character is seriously considered for banning just exemplifies how bad brawl is, because mk could very well be too good for the mechanics of the game...
If MK was banned it wouldn't be so "****ty" as you say (I'm not a huge fan of swearing) and that is why we are having these discussions about him being banned, to make Brawl a better and more balanced game.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I voted against him being banned, but hear me out:

Meta-Knight should be banned but ONLY to a certain extent, why? because players should be allowed to use him whenever they please, and what I mean by a certain extent is that ONLY certain moves should not be allowed such as his Dimensional Cape for example, other than that he should be allowed, just with limitations on a tourney rule set.

Hype

Smash Lord

Meta-Knight should be banned but ONLY to a certain extent, why? because players should be allowed to use him whenever they please, and what I mean by a certain extent is that ONLY certain moves should not be allowed such as his Dimensional Cape for example, other than that he should be allowed, just with limitations on a tourney rule set.
That will be a hassle to enforce.

M.K

Level 55

That is way too subjective.

Tournament Scene:

Player 1 : "CHEAP! You used tornade 3 times, disqualified!"

Player 2: "I didn't mean to! My finger slipped!"

Player 1: "Yes he did, disqualify him"

See? It's stupidly tedious.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Probably about 80% of the people that voted have never been to a tournament or if they have , they probably never placed. So why does their opinion mean anything?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I dont really have an issue with MK, he's not as broken as people think, especially the tornado, but I'd like to see more diversity in tournaments, so i voted yes. If there was a "keep MK, but he starts with a handicap" option, i would have voted for that

salaboB

Smash Champion
Probably about 80% of the people that voted have never been to a tournament or if they have , they probably never placed. So why does their opinion mean anything?
Since when do you have to place at a tournament to have a valid view on whether it was worth going to or not?

For attending or not, it means you better be actually making points and not trying to claim things based on your experience (Experience feedback tends to be less valuable than facts, but more than pure "I think") if you haven't been to tournaments.

That being said, do you think this poll actually means anything anyway? :p

Reioumu

Smash Lord
MK shouldn't be banned. As get as he is he doesn't always win the tournaments. True he's dominating, but it's kind of like how Sheik was at one point. Either way, people are finding ways to beat MK, and I know in MD/VA at least, MK usually doesn't place too high. True he places higher elsewhere, but seeing H2YL and several other great players (G-REEEEEG) keeping metaknight out of the top 5 is enough proof to say that there is a way to face metaknight.
-Rei

salaboB

Smash Champion
MK shouldn't be banned. As get as he is he doesn't always win the tournaments. True he's dominating, but it's kind of like how Sheik was at one point. Either way, people are finding ways to beat MK, and I know in MD/VA at least, MK usually doesn't place too high. True he places higher elsewhere, but seeing H2YL and several other great players (G-REEEEEG) keeping metaknight out of the top 5 is enough proof to say that there is a way to face metaknight.
Are you sure you're not confusing the best players just not playing as MK, and their skill level simply being so much better than the MKs that they're taking them down?

Because if the top 5 in an area refuse to play him, it really doesn't mean that much that he doesn't win tournies there (What it means is that he's been successfully soft banned).

Personally, I think it would be great if we could get him soft banned. Then the new/unskilled people showing up at tournies could play him still if they wanted, but since the best wouldn't be playing as him he'd never have overwhelming dominance there and the "I must play MK to have a chance" wouldn't really settle in. But it's unlikely to be happening nationwide anytime soon, too much "I must win" floating around.

Realistically though, a soft ban is simply a hard ban that only the top players recognize to save it from having to be a ban against everyone using the character -- it won't impact their winning or losing any more or less than a hard ban, and it leaves the game with the extra variety of that one character for the less skilled players.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
That is way too subjective.

Tournament Scene:

Player 1 : "CHEAP! You used tornade 3 times, disqualified!"

Player 2: "I didn't mean to! My finger slipped!"

Player 1: "Yes he did, disqualify him"

See? It's stupidly tedious.

Well, when a player step's into a tourney match they SHOULD already know about it, besides as long as it doesn't connect directly to the opponent, then I don't see why it should be an immediate disqualification.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Well, when a player step's into a tourney match they SHOULD already know about it, besides as long as it doesn't connect directly to the opponent, then I don't see why it should be an immediate disqualification.
Judges won't always be present so you want to keep the number of possible disqualifications as low as possible. This would be extremely hard to keep an eye on.

Coloring your text just makes it annoying to read and an extra thing to delete when quoted >.>

rehab

Smash Journeyman
We should ban disadvantageous matchups. You're not allowed to use Marth against Ness or Snake against CF. Everybody's happy.

Legend Blade

Smash Cadet
I disagree, besides, based on how strong Meta is now he will probubly be 'Nuke Nerfed' in the next (I mean, just look at Sheik, she lost a lot of her power).

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
MK outclasses the entire cast way too much. and with the metagame going at its current pace, he probably wont have any slight advantage matchups, cause they will be almost guaranteed wins :\

salaboB

Smash Champion
I disagree, besides, based on how strong Meta is now he will probubly be 'Nuke Nerfed' in the next (I mean, just look at Sheik, she lost a lot of her power).
The next Smash is not justification for how we handle rules in this one.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Dair is a horrible approach with horrible priority. All Meta has to do is shield it and punish. You can't just say "if he dtilts then dair," since the dtilt is insanely fast and Fox can't punish it with a jump to dair.. if anything >_>

All Fox really has is lasers and an up smash if he can land it.. that's it.
D-air beats the tornado, so lol @ it having bad priority.

If Fox predicts the d-tilt, he can punish it with d-air.

Fox is limited, but it's not hopeless.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Fox doesn't have trouble being above MK's tornado. Even if he's hit by it, he can DI out and drill it because he's light.

Only to be Whorenadoed again. Spacing, Inui. A good MK will chain Whorenado.

Or he'll follow up with an f-air or an Up-B. I'm not entirely disagreeing with you on this or anything. Just pointing out other stuff.

Smooth Criminal

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm pretty sure he can just DI out, jump, and then drill the tornado. His jump allows him to follow MK. I know how to space tornado because it's one of the biggest parts of my game, and I still see openings for Fox to drill me.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'm pretty sure he can just DI out, jump, and then drill the tornado. His jump allows him to follow MK. I know how to space tornado because it's one of the biggest parts of my game, and I still see openings for Fox to drill me.
Hm. Perhaps I'm too cautious in my Fox v. MK matchup; I'd rather space out my stuff and wait for an opening. Thanks for the protip.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom