• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
You're a joke.:)

jk
D:

Oh, oops, writing hiccup. That actually really implies I don't like Brawl. For the record: I love Brawl. It's my favorite game, behind LocoRoco, and I want to see it flourish, not eat itself.

I was speaking about the rest of the gaming community and our Melee superiors.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
So, I've listened to the podcast (it took me a week), read the arguments, and have tried to be as informed as possible before making my vote.

I voted today against the banning of Meta Knight.

I see nothing unbeatable about him. Nothing. I do see a community that has been taken in much too easily by sensationalism, has seen an easy way "out", and has rushed. Banning isn't something you can do lightly. It needs immense thought - because if we get this wrong, and decide to backtrack, or worse the community splits, Brawl will be doomed.

Items were banned because it was obvious.
Wario Ware was banned because it was obvious.
Banning MK is not obvious in the least. Banning him better be the last f****** resort we come to or else Brawl will become more of a joke than it already is. Do not let that happen.
heh. glad to see that some people actually take the time to study both sides of the argument. x] anyways, i totally agree. MK shouldn't be banned, at least, not yet.

GofG

Smash Champion
I played Brawl singles for the first time in a long time today!!

I played Metaknight in a $5 mm and expected to be able to just plain beat him easily, but I lost to his ROB!

He wasn't even that good, either! I don't think MK has any ways of approaching ROB, or at least, he isn't any better at approaching ROB than anyone else is.

If I could, I would change my vote.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I played Brawl singles for the first time in a long time today!!

I played Metaknight in a $5 mm and expected to be able to just plain beat him easily, but I lost to his ROB!

He wasn't even that good, either! I don't think MK has any ways of approaching ROB, or at least, he isn't any better at approaching ROB than anyone else is.

If I could, I would change my vote.
If you dair ROB's shield once, hecan't shield the tornado. The main form of pressure in this matchup is jumping dairs onto their shield.

Should you hit ROB off the stage, you edgeguard with dair and up+b. If you are unsure of yourself, use tornado for an extra 20 damage on the ROB. ROB cannot air dodge out of his up+b, so once he uses it you just hit him with your up+b. After doing this twice, he will more than likely be out of fuel.

If ROB is knocked into the air (f-throw works well, as does tornado) you can simply tornado him from below/behind. He can't do anything about it, really.

ROB gets ***** by MK easily. 70/30 for MK at the very least.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
what tournies and why do u care
clearly i was talking about OS. He posts dumb things and lies about meta. Esp. that 180% Snake U-Air **** lol. He posts it and doesnt have proof. thats like saying i beat m2k in a set and told everyone and didnt have proof.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
The fact that you said Rob has the advantage in the match-up makes your word hold zero weight. The fact that every Rob except Chibo has the Rob Mk matchup at least 70 - 30 gives you proof for OS's claim. Visit the Rob boards sometime...

TeeVee

Smash Lord
yup, OS and Shadowrob make a claim and every other Rob main follow with no opinions of their own.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If you dair ROB's shield once, hecan't shield the tornado. The main form of pressure in this matchup is jumping dairs onto their shield.

Should you hit ROB off the stage, you edgeguard with dair and up+b. If you are unsure of yourself, use tornado for an extra 20 damage on the ROB. ROB cannot air dodge out of his up+b, so once he uses it you just hit him with your up+b. After doing this twice, he will more than likely be out of fuel.

If ROB is knocked into the air (f-throw works well, as does tornado) you can simply tornado him from below/behind. He can't do anything about it, really.

ROB gets ***** by MK easily. 70/30 for MK at the very least.
Wow, you must be a really mediocre player. I never do more than like 4%-10% with tornado to ROBs like NinjaLink and ChiboSempai, and ROB players over here, like NinjaLink and Nacker, beat good Meta Knights often.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Go beat OS's MK with your Robs.
It's bad for Rob. Rob has no moves that hit below him in the air in any less than ten-million frames (dair and nair). MK can up air and glide attack him all day. And Rob soo cannot answer the tornado. If Inui can't follow the smash DI with his tornados that's his fault. He didn't really prove anything by his anecdote anyway, because he that 6-10% he got off tornado was pretty much unpunishable, ROB can escape the tornado and then punish it like some characters can.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't know why we are even talking about ROB vs MK....its not even a close matchup, easily at LEAST 65-35 MK advantage. rob has nothing, absolutely NOTHING to beat MK in the air, and where do u think robs gonna be as soon as MK gets past his gyro/laser edgecamping? yup, right where meta wants him, in the air and over the edge, and then its GG for rob.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
IMO MK has slight advantage over rob. but MK has disadvantaged against snake. that is at least a fact. and maybe olimar, too. atomsk, M2K, and inui and many other top level smashers can back me up on this.

gantrain05

Smash Master
IMO MK has slight advantage over rob. but MK has disadvantaged against snake. that is at least a fact. and maybe olimar, too. atomsk, M2K, and inui and many other top level smashers can back me up on this.
i dunno about olimar, my secondary is olimar, and i can just destroy alot of really good players with him, but when it comes to MK, theres just no way, with MK's infinite priority and lightning fast attacks combined with olimars non existant priority and not so quick attacks, its just ugly for olimar, not to mention meta can avoid oli's grab game just about better than anybody except for peach maybe. and as for snake, i really see it as a more of a 50-50, not really a snake advantage. but that one is just from what i've observed at tournies, as i don't play either MK or snake.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I like how he says "he says stupid things like surviving at 180% with no proof". That implies that, if it is true, it means something. I know it is true and noodles knows it is true.... so good for me. :)

edit:

hahaha....

MK matchup discussion:

MK: I think he does good against (really bad character), but doesn't do so hot against (better character)

Better characters main: omg wtf are you smoking, MK ***** me

Yoshi mains: WE COUNTER MK! BELIEEEEEEEEEVE US!

gantrain05

Smash Master
just wondering overswarm, do u normally go OoS to tourneys and such, i'd like to see you at some midwest tourney someday =P but i rarely leave iowa.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
just wondering overswarm, do u normally go OoS to tourneys and such, i'd like to see you at some midwest tourney someday =P but i rarely leave iowa.
I generally stick to Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and Illinois. I'm not against traveling outside of it,b ut it'd have to be worth it.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I generally stick to Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Kentucky, and Illinois. I'm not against traveling outside of it,b ut it'd have to be worth it.
sweet, i might talk to some of the regular tourney guys i play with, we might be able to make a trip up to illinois if we can find a big tourney on a good date =P

BentoBox

Smash Master
They can "back you up" simply because its their opinions, not yours. Tool.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Did you honestly just quote that topic?

First page: Snake is slow. His best kill moves are Ftilt (Okay, I'll concede that) and AAA? Really now? Best strategies are bairs and dash attack? Did you even read the post date of the OP?
Lol, I know it's outdated, but that's why I had 2 OTHER threads. >_>

gantrain05

Smash Master
Uhh off-topic question: where can I watch the SBR podcast on banning MK, when I click the link in the OP it comes up a message "This website has been disabled by its owner. Please check back later"
um, well thats not really off topic, but yeah the same thing happens to me.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
what? you mean its thier opinion, not mine? well if i first think bush sucks, is everybody after me that thinks that is a tool? jeez. and ...

ON TOPIC, snake definitehas has advantage overMK, olimar NAYBE, and yea.
No, Snake doesn't just because you want him to. It's 55/45 MK. So find another argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom