• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I don't know where you're getting this from homie, but every top player now pretty much agrees that Snake wins the matchup.
I don't know where you get THAT from, or which top players you're talking about.
And if M2K agrees, who cares? He'll say anything to keep his main from being banned.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
what? you mean its thier opinion, not mine? well if i first think bush sucks, is everybody after me that thinks that is a tool? jeez. and ...

ON TOPIC, snake definitehas has advantage overMK, olimar NAYBE, and yea.
Here's how it works.

Someone states his opinion. You agree, in effect "backing him up." You restate his opinion. He does not "back you up" on this, because it's his opinion to start with. Your restating it still means you're the one doing the upward backing.

Basically don't try to say things like "I said this and this other guy named M2K agrees with me so I'm right." Instead say "M2K said this and I agree with him."

Ya know?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I'm not just talking about M2K silly, but since we're on the topic of M2K, I might as well say this.

He may not post logically. He may not make sense to you. You may THINK he just says things for his own personal reasons, but I will tell you this:

He's a really good friend of mine. I know him very well. Even if he doesn't make sense to you, he believes everything he says. He's wrong very seldomly, and when he is he admits it. He is not saying Snake beats MK because he doesn't want MK banned. He TRULY believes it. I can promise you that. You can't just disregard the reasons for someone's logic. I know him really well and I can tell you that he does not do that.

And I wasn't just talking about M2K. Lots of people know Snake beats MK...Afro, DSF, pretty much EVERYONE in NJ, Ankoku and a bunch from the midwest...I think it's like, common knowledge by now. Maybe I'm wrong about it being common knowledge. *shrugs*

Btw, are you going to be @ Chu's on Friday night? Lots of Snake vs Pika. :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I don't know where you're getting this from homie, but every top player now pretty much agrees that Snake wins the matchup.
since ive established that D3 definitely has the adv on snake, im contemplating picking up MK JUST to fight you, and see how that works out...

and for the record, jesiah is a very good friend of mine and i trust him on many things...
and i know that he is an honest dude and doesnt have bad intentions behind what he says, even if i disagree.

so i can tell you all right now that what he is saying about M2K must be true.

that being said, i think that since snake is the only character broke enough for MKs not to just be able to go on auto pilot and win against, than that could be the reason for the situation we are in now.
ive seen a lot of vids of this match and ive seen it in real life as well, i think that its an even match, but just like other characters MK has to play diferently than normal in order to win, i have seen wayyy too many MKs shuttle loop into a snakes shield, only to get smacked by an unavoidable up tilt. if MKs stop doing dumb stuff, theyd win more

also, want to say that all you snake ppl need to stop losing to D3s because thats basically the only thing keeping him from being broken as well

SojinX

Smash Apprentice
I think Snake and Metaknight are even It comes down to who the best player is... just my opinion

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
since ive established that D3 definitely has the adv on snake, im contemplating picking up MK JUST to fight you, and see how that works out...
I'll beat your MK, your DDD, your Sonic...I'll beat any of ur scrubby characters in Brawl.

I'll beat your Ganon, your Link in Melee too. Go ahead, pick up a top tier, I'll **** your top tiers too.

**** it, let's go back to Smash 64. Use Pika, Kirby or Ness I don't care. I'll stomp you so hard in 64 your head will spin.

Son. I'll stomp you in SSB4! It's not even out yet and I'm declaring my dominance over you in that game.

That being said, you should call me, we need to talk.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I'm not just talking about M2K silly, but since we're on the topic of M2K, I might as well say this.

He may not post logically. He may not make sense to you. You may THINK he just says things for his own personal reasons, but I will tell you this:

He's a really good friend of mine. I know him very well. Even if he doesn't make sense to you, he believes everything he says. He's wrong very seldomly, and when he is he admits it. He is not saying Snake beats MK because he doesn't want MK banned. He TRULY believes it. I can promise you that. You can't just disregard the reasons for someone's logic. I know him really well and I can tell you that he does not do that.

And I wasn't just talking about M2K. Lots of people know Snake beats MK...Afro, DSF, pretty much EVERYONE in NJ, Ankoku and a bunch from the midwest...I think it's like, common knowledge by now. Maybe I'm wrong about it being common knowledge. *shrugs*

Let's delve into the human mind and the power people have over their own brains.
First, one anti-ban person claims Snake has the advantage. Those who wish it to be true that Snake beats MK will look more diligently for strengths he has over MK than to examine the strengths MK has over Snake. Then they end up convincing themselves.
As for people who were always neutral about the MK ban and believe Snake has the advantage, I'm sure they are much fewer in number.
Plenty of Brawlers still believe MK has the advantage. Though the match is close and can easily go either way. Good points for both sides to argue. We can just agree to disagree, it doesn't even matter.

Did you really mean Chu's place, or Tope's?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I'll beat your MK, your DDD, your Sonic...I'll beat any of ur scrubby characters in Brawl.

I'll beat your Ganon, your Link in Melee too. Go ahead, pick up a top tier, I'll **** your top tiers too.

**** it, let's go back to Smash 64. Use Pika, Kirby or Ness I don't care. I'll stomp you so hard in 64 your head will spin.

Son. I'll stomp you in SSB4! It's not even out yet and I'm declaring my dominance over you in that game.

That being said, you should call me, we need to talk.
yo, stop playing broken garbage in brawl and well talk...
as for melee, my ganon and link stomped on kelvin last night, you wont be any different
64, you arent ready for the kirbycides, as thats all i know how to do...
SSb4, you cant touch my knuckles or my lloyd irving, ill 5 stock you, you dont want none of this...

Overswarm

is laughing at you

IM from Mew2King:

"Please stop tellign people to ban MK. I lose enough money as it is."

>_>

Also, I don't know many people that think Snake has the advantage in the matchup. I personally do not believe it in the slightest.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
IM from Mew2King:

"Please stop tellign people to ban MK. I lose enough money as it is."

>_>

Also, I don't know many people that think Snake has the advantage in the matchup. I personally do not believe it in the slightest.
Duh, I'm not surprised at all that he said that. He obviously doesn't want MK banned, and feels he loses money due to stupid stuff. Has nothing to do with Snake vs Meta Knight though.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Duh, I'm not surprised at all that he said that. He obviously doesn't want MK banned, and feels he loses money due to stupid stuff. Has nothing to do with Snake vs Meta Knight though.
It has everything to do with his reasoning and motivation. =P

I won money with ROB. I switch to MK and still win money. The difference is only fun and level of compettiion.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
You won money with ROB and still win money with MK...Obviously, you're a good player and your skill carries over to different characters silly.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Then why would M2K IM OS if he probably would still win that money if he went DDD?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Wow, he likes his character LMAO is it really that hard to understand? MK is fun to a ton of people...I mean, no doubt he's the best character, that's obvious...But he's versatile and mobile. That makes him fun to a lot of people. He's one of the only characters that can approach, and it's a turn on for a ton of people. M2K would win with a ton of other characters should he so choose, but he chose MK because he likes him. Notice how in Melee he believed Sheik to be the best character for years now, but played Fox and Marth mostly?

BentoBox

Smash Master
Ideally, personal bias should be thrown out the window when discussing such things. He also comes off as very conceited when claiming that people have wanted to ban MK because he picked him up and X, Y & Z decided to copy him.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Wow, he likes his character LMAO is it really that hard to understand? MK is fun to a ton of people...I mean, no doubt he's the best character, that's obvious...But he's versatile and mobile. That makes him fun to a lot of people. He's one of the only characters that can approach, and it's a turn on for a ton of people. M2K would win with a ton of other characters should he so choose, but he chose MK because he likes him. Notice how in Melee he believed Sheik to be the best character for years now, but played Fox and Marth mostly?
The anti-ban side in this debate has done something interesting: They're responding as if they know that the point of banning MK is valid, and they're afraid he might be banned.

So a lot of their responses aren't well thought out reasons for why leaving MK unbanned is better for the game, but emotional appeals or other fallacies to try to keep their favorite character (Or their friend's character, or whatever they're arguing to keep MK around for) available.

Does it mean they're wrong about him being left unbanned? No, but I think it means most of them know at some level that it's not entirely unreasonable to consider banning him, and it's coloring their arguments.

(Edit: For related reasons, the pro-ban side has been doing the same things -- they know it's not unreasonable to not ban him, also. So since it's so close, they're pushing all the weight they can on things. But looking at the post I quoted, Jesiah uses "fun" as a reason to leave MK allowed. Yet "fun" with other characters is not a reason to ban MK, so the entirety of this post has to be discarded unless making tournaments more "fun" by removing a character who suppresses a bunch of other characters and that people are tired of fighting is also allowed as a point in favor of banning him.)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so what?

people cant be smart when they are voicing their opinions on SWF?

i guess i should quit playing sonic cus EVERYBODY knows that he has no range or priority...
p.s. i lol'd at objection

salaboB

Smash Champion
This is what I see every time you post. I feel like I've left Smashboards and am now in a high stakes court case.
It was more a comment on M2K's posts than yours, you were just the most recent to post about him.

Really though, you seem to have some kind of persecution complex going on involving my posts replying to you, so I probably should have chosen someone else to respond to. Sorry. (No, I'm not mocking you for it -- I don't know why you've developed this, but you definitely seem to have)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I'm not trying to, I really have nothing against you either. I've never met you IRL and chilled with you so I wouldn't know.

But when you feel like you're in court when you're actually on Smashboards...yeah, it sucks LMAO I mean it's funny too but I'm just like wow.

Not to mention, not even the divine words of god himself, or whatever entity it is that rules upon us if there is one, can't convince you or rather allow you to understand where I'm coming from on most topics.

But I don't hate you or anything so I haven't put you on my ignore list. :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
reported for spam?

salaboB just has the supreme power of logic on his side...

the only way you can get this guy to concede is to counter act his points with better logic...
which is very very hard considering the quality of logic that he uses...

lol

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I've given him really really good, great examples. His logic isn't bad at all, it's great...He just fails to see other people's. His mindset seems really closed and limited. His own logic is great, but he just doesn't seem to be able to see anyone else's.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
so let me get this straight, att this point in time the general consensus is that...

MK doesnt need to be banned because as of right now, anybody can choose to play snake

medoinitrite?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
No, you're being silly now.

But, I DO think that this thread has outlived its usefulness. I think at this point, the TO's will decide whether or not they ban MK in their area. Discussing it is ok I guess, I just don't see the point to it anymore.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
this is why salaboB gets at ppl so hard...

you cant leave holes in your arguments
if you say thats not it, and you dont tell me what "it" is, than im inclined to believe what i said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom