• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Corneria is 10x worse for wall infinites is it not? And it has ridic close edges as well.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Thoughts? Do the above arguments nullify the argument to ban MK? And back to my original point: Is it possible that that people are spending too much time complaining about MK and not enough time simply learning his tactics and how to counter them in a match?

Just to comment on something I can legitimately comment on. As for boss beating forte with a jab-upb. It's shieldable in every situation. Worst case senario you have to buffer your shield and you'll get a powershield. Thats if the luigi cancels the jab and times the upb perfectly. A meta letting a luigi that close, is just the meta ****ing up, horribly. A perfect meta in theory, should be able to 0% 3 stock the best luigi, range ***** luigi too hard. Boss is just too good.

As for me being dumb, I think its pretty hilarious that mk is luigi's worst matchup by a very wide margin, even though DDD has a luigi infinite grab. Lol.

As for the rest of your argument, I can't comment intelligently enough to bother typing it.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Corneria is 10x worse for wall infinites is it not? And it has ridic close edges as well.
No. Dedede has to force you to the right side or you have to actually go over there.

A grab anywhere on Green Greens besides the platforms = wall infinite. Also, there's twice as many bomb blocks than there used to be.

Corneria should be banned due to extremely low percent kills, wall infinites on the right side, and excessive fin camping.

@Argument above: Arguing that perfection is legit is a bit silly. Everyone makes mistakes due to being human, and nobody can do the perfect thing in every sitation. Super Theory Fighter Brawl is a lame game LOL.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Well, maybe not 0%... Luigi can still peg him with fireballs.

Luigi spamming at meta = meta tornadoing through the spam and hitting a laggy wigi.

@Argument above: Arguing that perfection is legit is a bit silly. Everyone makes mistakes due to being human, and nobody can do the perfect thing in every sitation. Super Theory Fighter Brawl is a lame game LOL.
Because I argued it was legit? Really? I missed that somehow.

I could have sworn I was using an example of perfection as juxtaposition. But if you say so...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Corneria should be banned due to extremely low percent kills, wall infinites on the right side, and excessive fin camping.
I disagree with that. The low percent kills can be a blessing to characters with low KO potential on a regular stage. The fin camping stuff is actually pretty interesting too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If that's the issue, then why wasn't it banned in Melee? Fox could infinite, the sides of the level were no larger than they are in Brawl. Then again, most people were dying at low percents anyways.

As for fin camping, don't. People have been fin camping since Smash64's Sector Z.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. Inui likes to make stuff up
2. NL is very inconsistent and has not won OOS
3. Bum is inconsistent and has not won OOS (has he even traveled OOS?)
4. Atomsk has not won OOS (has he traveled?)
5. Snakeee has not won OOS (has he traveled?)
Couldn't the same be said for every MK in Texas?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I disagree with that. The low percent kills can be a blessing to characters with low KO potential on a regular stage. The fin camping stuff is actually pretty interesting too.
I destroyed teh_spamerer in tourny on that stage by getting a small advantage and camping the fin. Even a top player couldn't do much to stop it.

If that's the issue, then why wasn't it banned in Melee? Fox could infinite, the sides of the level were no larger than they are in Brawl. Then again, most people were dying at low percents anyways.

As for fin camping, don't. People have been fin camping since Smash64's Sector Z.
The "infinite" Fox had was extremely difficult to start and perform when compared to Dedede's, and it wasn't even infinite. Players like Magus420 and RyokoYaksa just smash DI'd out of everything.

Why would I not do something that gives me a massive advantage? The fin is broken.

Couldn't the same be said for every MK in Texas?
Yup, but it would actually be correct for them LOL.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why would I not do something that gives me a massive advantage? The fin is broken.
Which brings me back to the question: Why wasn't Corneria banned in Melee? Despite the infinite not being so "infinite", the fin was still fairly abusable. I would think the reasons it remained in Melee could possibly be applied to Brawl as well.

What in Brawl, besides the grab infinites (seriously now, don't get grabbed, and ban Corneria. Simple, no?), makes Corneria unplayable?

Joxer

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJej6kCgxVM
Looking at your join date and post history, I think a "do you have another account here?" question would be viable, as well. >.>
@ my argument:

This post is probably the most intelligent post so far. The real competitive aspect of a game is not in banning good character's, it is in learning to deal with them and make other's good in the process. Plus, brawl isn't even a year old yet, imagine how we'd have altered the melee timeline if shiek had been banned way back when she was considered cheap.
I have been an avid reader of Smashboards since brawls release. This is the first time that I have decided to actually partake in the discussion. Based on my research and (I am hoping) the validity of my arguments, do I look like someone scrub who is throwing around unsupported logic to you? Because if that is the case, I will go back to the drawing board straight away and come up with a more legitimate argument.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I destroyed teh_spamerer in tourny on that stage by getting a small advantage and camping the fin. Even a top player couldn't do much to stop it.
I view it as a character specific deal. There are some characters (Diddyyyyy, duh, of course I mention him), has some pretty sweet tactics under the fin.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It starts at 5% but by the 6th straight hit you are only dealing 2-3%, and yea, its an infinite. But he also has his UP-B stall to the fine/can KO at like 50% less than a normal (BF/FD/etc) stage, and its very hard to camp Diddy because he can break through most set ups under the fin.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
corneria should not be on in either game. Too much randomness with the lasers, too much camping with the fin, and the ceiling is too small
I'll address those two.
While the lasers are random they do not KO and their trajectory is noticeable. In melee, the lasers were even worse because they actually popped you up into the air. The lasers this game around nor have hitstun to them. so they do not interfere too much.

As for the low ceiling.
BF also has lower ceiling than FD.
Green greens has small horitzontal blast zones.

And the ceiling height doesn't cause much of a difference in gameplay. While it does benefit some characters, it does not do so to the point of brokenness.

I am quite sure you can ban the stage anyway.

GofG

Smash Champion
I'll address those two.
While the lasers are random they do not KO and their trajectory is noticeable. In melee, the lasers were even worse because they actually popped you up into the air. The lasers this game around nor have hitstun to them. so they do not interfere too much.

As for the low ceiling.

And the ceiling height doesn't cause much of a difference in gameplay. While it does benefit some characters, it does not do so to the point of brokenness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daoLcPGxeyA

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'll address those two.

As for the low ceiling.

you're right.

it's the fin camping/wall infinites that do it.... it just hurts that the other two things are on an already unbalanced stage.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
As for the low ceiling.
BF also has lower ceiling than FD..
WRONG

Battlefield, FD, Smashville, the left/right side of YS, the middle of lylat, ALL HAVE THE EXACT SAME CEILING HEIGHT

in MELEE however, each stage was different if only by slight amounts. The order of height from most to least was DL64, FoD, Battlefield, FD, Poke Stad, YS

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
He doesn't.

Timeline of Inui:

-lots of crap no one cares about from a mediocre player
-people learn to consider Inui an irritating poster due to his posting
-Inui's posting slightly improves; community acceptance begins
-Inui mains Metaknight after losing to a Sonic
-Inui beats several players much better than him
-Inui starts winning tournaments
-Inui suddenly becomes very, very involved in the "don't ban MK" campaign
-Everyone realizes Inui is nothing without MK
-Everyone lawls
I love you, Overswarm. I really do. :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
WRONG

Battlefield, FD, Smashville, the left/right side of YS, the middle of lylat, ALL HAVE THE EXACT SAME CEILING HEIGHT

in MELEE however, each stage was different if only by slight amounts. The order of height from most to least was DL64, FoD, Battlefield, FD, Poke Stad, YS
I think he was referring to the fact that Battlefield's platforms give it a lower ceiling, similar to how Halberd (which is the same size as FD and the others) has a lower ceiling since it has a main platform that is much lower.

I would recommend to anyone not familiar with stage sizes to look at the stage editor. All Brawl stages are one of those three.

Sliq

Smash Master
Regardless of which coast is better, and who is and is not good, I am amazing, and you should use me as a comparison for all smashers everywhere.

I give M2K 5 Sliq's out of 5.1, because he is mean to me. =(

mimic_king

Smash Lord
You don't play Brawl, do you?
Oh gee, I don't know. Maybe I have mentioned many times that I've played other people and that I play at home with my friends. Of course, you don't have to have Brawl to do that. You can just turn on the Wii, and Brawl maaaaaagically appears.

YES. I play Brawl. I know a lot about it. And I know that Meta Knight has weaknesses, like his floatiness and his very light weight. Don't forget his lack of projectiles and short range.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
What did I just say?
That addresses the camping issues not the low ceiling.

As for the lasers I was thinking arwings when he said unpredictable. @_@

Really? I suppose its probably the size of the stage that skews when I look at things.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Call Inui a douche, a moron, a ****face, an idiot, but he doesn't suck. Seriously, stop with this petty ****ing *****fest, it's looks ****ing stupid.

Even M2K thinks Inui doesn't suck, I dont know how much more you need.

The same applies to a lot of these arguments, and it's driving me up the effing wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom