• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight Be Banned? The Poll (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kr3wman

Smash Master
He isn´t ridiculously overpowered.

He´s just overpowered and MK mains can´t admit.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
because he has rediculously overpowered attacks. and when i said power im talking about all the different aspects of the attack...
strength,
speed,
priority,
pre-lag, and
post-lag

-__-

Smash Ace
Marth WAS broken.

MK has no exploitable weaknesses. If you beat MK you didn't actually beat MK. You just beat the person using MK. This is called bad character design.

*goes back to practicing alpha 2
Spoken like a true noob. MK has lots of exploitable weakness's.

1) Lag on moves (he lags :O how?!?!?... simple if u notice all his moves must attack front and back. Punish after the frontal attack)

2) But but tornado...... But but FOOTSTOOL noob.

3) Updefense is terrible.

4) but but he can glide attack and it killz... but but u can powershield to anything.

5) his range is broken... like i said he lags on his moves...

6) THERES NO WAY TO EDGE GUARD HIM!!! ..... silly noob u can spike him if not space ur aeriel so that itll cancel with his glide attack and punish afterwards.. expect an upb tho noob.

MK is not broken just overly prioritized which is why u just gata play patient with him and counter after all his moves...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
This debate.... ugh. When it started, I actually felt like saying things. But things have run way too dry now. I like Dojo's topic.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
LOL WUT?
Emblem Lord is in the SBR.
Helped to evolve Marth's metagame for Brawl.
Has much more knowledge about fighting games in general and you are calling him a n00b?

Have a mod erase your account dude you're just stupid.
1) Lag on moves (he lags :O how?!?!?... simple if u notice all his moves must attack front and back. Punish after the frontal attack)
Let us forget though that MK has high range, high speed and priority so getting behind him is very difficult.
Let us not forget that his landing lag is around 2 frames. Sooo... you're full of it.
You managed to footstool a tornado?

updefense?
What?
4) but but he can glide attack and it killz... but but u can powershield to anything.
Yet he can continue attacking and you can powershield all you want and you still won't be capable of attacking him.
This is called zoning.
2 frame landing lag.
15 frame Dtilt

You won't be doing anything considering very few characters have such speed on their tilts nor the range or priority.
gg
6) THERES NO WAY TO EDGE GUARD HIM!!! ..... silly noob u can spike him if not space ur aeriel so that itll cancel with his glide attack and punish afterwards.. expect an upb tho noob.
Glide says hi.
Silly scrub.
MK is not broken just overly prioritized which is why u just gata play patient with him and counter after all his moves...
Fail.
Log out of your account.
get it deleted.
Never come back to smashboards.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace

seriously???? I was about to do what the guy above me did and rip you apart but he did it for me LOL

basically EVERY ONE of your points is wrong LOL

Snail

Smash Lord

This post wins the topic!1

<_<

pastaboy

Smash Champion

this guy bassically represents the opinions of all the users who dont want mk banned

-__-

Smash Ace
even if your D3 is truly amazing the points you made about metaknight WERE NOT the right reasons against banning him
cuz he shuldnt be. the only reason i think he shuld be banned is because he brings noobs/scrubs playing level way too high.

-__-

Smash Ace
AND the only reason he does is because no1 wants to put the time in to realize how easily he gets countered. if he tornado spams footstool that @!#$. its that simple...

Flameheart

Smash Rookie
The way I see it is anyone can choose any character they want. It isn't like once someone selects MK in a tourny, no one else can select him. If someone thinks he's the best character in the game, then try playing as him.

Also, all of MK's specials (with the exception of upB, if used correctly) leave him unable to move. I'd say that's a pretty bad setback on his part.

I main Marth, so I know how annoying MK can be, but I still don't want MK banned because the people who main him would be just as pissed as I would be if Marth or Diddy Kong were banned.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
It's been a while since I've been here, so spare me.

So, it's been pretty much decided that an entire character is gonna be banned in certain regions. That's horrible. Sure, it may be the fact that Meta Knight's a bit... cheaper than we may have thought, but couldn't Meta Knight's opponents get a little... I dunno... better?

When a character gets banned, you know something's wrong with the community. (What's worse is when a game is taken that seriously!)

salaboB

Smash Champion
im pretty sure u have a wiimote and a gc controller to test urself...
And a second person that's good with MK's tornado and doesn't just sit there mindlessly while you counter it...

Yeah. If it were so easy to do against skilled MK's, nobody would mind the tornado.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You can footstool the tornado if you're falling into it. He can just... ya know, tornado again.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
this guy bassically represents the opinions of all the users who dont want mk banned
Except he's wrong about everything he says:

Here, he defines Metaknight's dsmash as "all his moves."

He's basically just talking out of his butt here. A majority of pros can't even pull this off consistently and here he says "LOLZ, ETZ EAZY GUIZ!"

Is updefense even a term? If he's referring to have trouble with attacks from above, this is still wrong because uair, usmash, and nair have high priority and protect the entire top of his head. Let's not forget the tornado two where, on average, every character only has one attack that can penetrate the tornado from above and that's only IF they land it directly on top.

A smart Metaknight isn't going to just attack with this attack at any height. Most good players will attack close to the ground so they can immediately cancel it into something else.

Here, he clearly mistakes Metaknight with Ike or Donkey Kong. Poor guy.

Metaknight has five methods of recovery with four being decently dependible: gliding, shuttle loop, dimensional cape, tornado, and triple dash. Congrats, you came up with an obvious method for one of his recoveries... Yes, Metaknight can be edgeguarded but it's consideribly harder compared to the rest of the cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom