• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? ***Take 3***

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Unfortunately, I think Crashic won't be able to find an avatar that is capable of displaying this stupidity you mention, Nic64.

(I actually really like Yuna's style of bolding usernames and important points... I think I will adapt it to my own)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I find it fishy that Mew2king also came second in Melee.
I think it is completely unfeasible that he is indeed human and can make mistakes.

No offense to anyone in particular (I <3 you Chrome), but I don't honestly think he would actually lose on purpose, especially considering the current climate of the debate. You would expect that this would happen if he staged a loss.

It's all too easy to sit back and pick apart what he did wrong and assume it was on purpose.
Saying that Mew2king threw the match is an insult to Mew2king and to Ally.
m2k got drunk as **** right before melee finals

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
As broken and cheap i think he is i don't think he should be banned. I've seen plenty of people own a good MK.

Jem.

Smash Master
There was as many d3's in the top 5 as metaknights. Everything after 20th really doesnt matter (no offense) and thats a pretty healthy metagame imo. You guys are just too ******* lazy to learn the matchup like Ally and Lain have, you just want easy victories without the dedication. And dont give me your whining bull**** about how if you picked up MK, you'd be as good as m2k. You wouldn't.

/end dont ban metaknight -- he's the only fun character to play in brawl imo.

Also dmbrandons quote about the best MK in the world was pretty good.

peace&love, Jem OUT

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Nope Metaknight should not be banned. Ally proved that last night at APEX. He can be beaten, just be smarter and more aware of your opponent.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
na no need to get so serious about it

Just imagine if he did. Arguments would get so much worse.

It's nice sorta being "at peace".

gm jack

Smash Lord
I can no longer see a case for banning MK. The best MK player in the world got beaten at a major tournament. He is beatable, but it requires skill. If you can play the matchup as well as Ally did at Apex, then I see no reason a few other characters couldn't begin to go toe to toe with MK. Of course MK will stay as the best character unless there is some massive change in the metagame, but MK is far from unbeatable.

buenob

Smash Lord
what it comes down to, is that there's still an incredible amount of skill involved in playing MK, and if you're better than your opponent, you can win

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
As I first played Brawl and used Meta-Knights whorenado I just thought:WTF? You can nearly shoot everything in it.It is simply absorbed O_O.
Second is his imbalanced Shuttle Loop and his recoveries(!).Most characters have one way to recover,MK has 5. In our group two people main him,but they are losers all over the place,so that ain´t a problem. But I´m sure he kicks *** all the time,if you play him. So:YES,BAN HIM!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
As I first played Brawl and used Meta-Knights whorenado I just thought:WTF? You can nearly shoot everything in it.It is simply absorbed O_O.
Second is his imbalanced Shuttle Loop and his recoveries(!).Most characters have one way to recover,MK has 5. In our group two people main him,but they are losers all over the place,so that ain´t a problem. But I´m sure he kicks *** all the time,if you play him. So:YES,BAN HIM!
So your whole posting means this:
Ban Meta Knight because he's a good character.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
There was as many d3's in the top 5 as metaknights. Everything after 20th really doesnt matter (no offense) and thats a pretty healthy metagame imo. You guys are just too ******* lazy to learn the matchup like Ally and Lain have, you just want easy victories without the dedication. And dont give me your whining bull**** about how if you picked up MK, you'd be as good as m2k. You wouldn't.

/end dont ban metaknight -- he's the only fun character to play in brawl imo.

Also dmbrandons quote about the best MK in the world was pretty good.

peace&love, Jem OUT
This post is so much win.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
lmao.

You didn't even play Meta Knight or played against skilled Meta Knight players. Who are you to judge how good he is? If you haven't had any experience with him?
I may judge my first impressions,right?And even if a n00b plays Metaknight,he´s not that bad with him.I recognized that,as the games just was out.Having quite a lot experience with Fox and Mindgames from Melee,i was successful in Brawl. Then I played against a half-skilled Meta-Knight and won quite close,eventhough the player was not that good. What I want to say is and I do not want to have an argument with somebody (especially concerning Spadefox) that I (and here you let me think over it again Spadefox) accept a skilled Meta-Knight Player as a challenge.But I do really hate it,that MK has this much priority and speed all over the place and in order to have a balanced Brawl,I prefer the hacks nerving MK. (this also goes for Snakes insane Attack Power) And of couse,being courageous I played MK and saw his insane power^^

You were right Spadefox.My comment up above was quite subjective,but maybe you understand me now. And if not...PN me,so that we do not spam this thread^^

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Look, that's exactly why other communities look down on the Smash community.

You don't ban something you don't like. You ban something that breaks the game or extremely hurts the metagame. Meta Knight does nothing of these two. So even if you hate playing against Meta Knight, it's no reason for a ban.

Guess what: I love playing against Meta Knight.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet

You don't ban something you don't like. You ban something that breaks the game or extremely hurts the metagame. Meta Knight does nothing of these two. So even if you hate playing against Meta Knight, it's no reason for a ban.

Okay,but in the case of our group,th Meta-Knight always won and see,that were my impressions.But okay,my comment was subjective.Your right.And I agree that playing against a Meta-Knight is always a challenge.But the Shuttle-Loop was a Gamebreaker in my opinion.

Palpi

Smash Hero
That speech is linked in my sig for the sake of convenience.
Thanks ether. You are a life saver. You have no idea how much your video has effected my life. I can't wait to tell everyone at the clinic!

Spadefox I am taking your sig. Way too legit. I had to leave early so i only heard it on live stream. :(

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
But the Shuttle-Loop was a Gamebreaker in my opinion.
Sweety, there are so many broken moves in this game... the Shuttle Loop is only one among them.
Snake's Tilts, Dedede's Chaingrabs, Game and Watch's BAir... just to name a few.

Spadefox I am taking your sig. Way too legit. I had to leave early so i only heard it on live stream. :(
Feel free to do so, spread the word. It's too good. <3

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
I´m not a sweety xD
Yeah and see,these are top in the tierlist.But the topic only refers to Mk,so I just mentioned MK´s moves. And this is really a killing move,there is rarely am move this strong and MK has awesome conditions apart from the stage. The shuttle-loop supplies this very awesome. This is why I hate that move. And it´s not that easy to tech or dodge,like G&W´s Bair.^^

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
GaW's bair is MUCH harder to avoid than Shuttle Loop. You can also actually punish a shuttle loop with multi hit attack when he is gliding. If he falls he's helpless. Shuttle Loop is over rated.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
I´m not a sweety xD
Yeah and see,these are top in the tierlist.But the topic only refers to Mk,so I just mentioned MK´s moves. And this is really a killing move,there is rarely am move this strong and MK has awesome conditions apart from the stage. The shuttle-loop supplies this very awesome. This is why I hate that move. And it´s not that easy to tech or dodge,like G&W´s Bair.^^
But you know,I live in a Nowhere place named Emden and never played against really Professionals.Maybe your just right,you got that experience I don´t but I just wanted to contribute my opinion to the thread^^

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I loathe Marth. I still don't want him banned.
I loathe Dedede's Chaingrabs (not only D3's, but mainly...). I still don't want them banned.

There's no reason to ban something that isn't obviously gamebreaking. Meta Knight isn't game breaking. You can get around Shuttle Loop, too. Meta Knight is not broken. He is overpowered, yes. But not broken.

No johns.

El Gordo

Smash Cadet
I loathe Marth. I still don't want him banned.
I loathe Dedede's Chaingrabs (not only D3's, but mainly...). I still don't want them banned.

There's no reason to ban something that isn't obviously gamebreaking. Meta Knight isn't game breaking. You can get around Shuttle Loop, too. Meta Knight is not broken. He is overpowered, yes. But not broken.

No johns.
Could you maybe show me videos in that the SL is gimped?^^
Okay,but you persuaded me,leave him in Brawl.^^What would be intersting for me is,why do others hate him this much,when you can really gimp the shuttle loop and he´s just overpowered?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
SF4 had Gouken banned for a while simply because he had bizarre counters. I hear many top players still want Seth banned because he's "not what Street Fighter is about."

Gouken is mid tier, and Seth is mid tier but will likely be bumped up to bottom of high tier next time around.

We also ban stages and items because we feel like it. Smoke Balls and Corneria definitely don't break anything.

Anyway, the way people are reacting to this has to make you think that if Genesis goes at all the same way, the MK-ban discussion is pretty much going to be wrapped up in a neat little bow. Anti-ban ftw.

Also, lol at Ally voting "Unsure".

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
the point of not banning mk is to find ways to BEAT him if you ban him your not solving the problem just locking it up ally proved that its possible to beat mk at his top performance....in m2ks hands so no ban for mk its just weak

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt

i love to fabulous falcon puanch!!!!!! mk :D

Okay,but you persuaded me,leave him in Brawl.^^What would be intersting for me is,why do others hate him this much,when you can really gimp the shuttle loop and he´s just overpowered?
i did it at a tourney last weekend, kirby drill kick on luigis mansion

aim for the highest point or the absolute base of it, those are the easiest to stop the shuttle loop

gm jack

Smash Lord
It's **** hard to gimp a MK, which is part of the reason he is the best in the game.

However, a Snake player beat someone who is probably the best MK in the world in the grand final of a major US tournament. If MK was game breaking, the best player at using him should not be beaten by another character. But it happened.

MK is good, no doubt. However, a few of the other high tiers can fight him well (Snake and Wario spring to mind, and possibly Diddy Kong) and so you just need to be the better player to beat him.

Dual Kirby

Smash Apprentice
It's **** hard to gimp a MK, which is part of the reason he is the best in the game.

However, a Snake player beat someone who is probably the best MK in the world in the grand final of a major US tournament. If MK was game breaking, the best player at using him should not be beaten by another character. But it happened.

MK is good, no doubt. However, a few of the other high tiers can fight him well (Snake and Wario spring to mind, and possibly Diddy Kong) and so you just need to be the better player to beat him.
as much as i hate to say this definitely diddy kong his banana walks can make life extremely difficult snakes already been proven as for wario? honestly i dont know a vid would be helpful :]

cutter

Smash Champion
So I have a question.

If we really did ban Meta Knight, would he banned in doubles as well? If so, I would argue that MK definately does not warrant a ban in doubles because the whole complexity of the game changes, and certain characters get a lot better in doubles (most notably G&W) and are able to stand up to MK.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
how come everytime i name search myself

it pops up in this thread but then when i try

and find it i cant =(

whats being said about me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom