• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

salaboB

Smash Champion
Are there any skilled players who believe Snake > MK but think MK deserves banning anyway?

It seems like it's kinda split on the ban lines for whether people hold this opinion or not, which means it's probably a lot closer matchup than people are wanting to call it.

aeghrur

Smash Champion
Just to be clear here.
Brinboy is a tool, who conforms to the "appeal to authority" Snake>MK simply because Inui, M2K, and Jesiah say it. Then what's his defense? He basically copies/pastes bits of their argument. I'd rather listen to Jesiah than anyone of the other three as his arguments are pretty nicely stated. :) M2K, respect, but arguments are crap. Inui just uses crappy anecdotes as proof most of the time, and brings in select tournament results to show his point...then neglects the ones fighting against his point. Brinboy is a tool, which is known by a lot of people.

Clearing up. :D

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Thats so prejudiced....
In what way?
People mention spam even though you see spam in every single forum.
The only reason it seems that much more is because the Sonic board is the most active of the character boards.
This came right after the Sonic boards criticized the SBR on their weekly discussion concerning Sonic so maybe its linked, maybe its not.
Either way the Sonic mains shouldn't be criticized just because their Sonic mains.
Its silly.

This goes for all character mainers including MK mainers who recently hear a lot of crap about "oh you main MK you dont want him banned."

CO18

Smash Hero
Im gonna figure out for myself what character the best person in each state/region mains just because its something to do... I have this so far:
If you know something lemme know pl0x. Im interested.

Best players
Florida - Snake/Wario
Georgia - Dedede/Falco
Alabama - Wario
SC -
North carolina - Marth
MD/Va - Lucario
Delaware-
NJ - Metaknight
PA - Game and Watch
Connecticut - Snake
Rhode Island
Mass
NJ
VT
Maine
NY - Donkey Kong
W. Virginia
Ohio
Kentucky
Tennessee
Arkansas
Mississipi
Louisiana - Metaknight
Indiana
Michigan - Pikachu
Illinois
Missouri
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin - Snake
N. Dakota
S. Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Texas - Marth
N. Mexico
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Utah
Arizona
Nevada
Oregon
Washington
Socal - Metaknight/Snake
Norcal - Snake

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sonic is amazing in doubles as long as he's not on blue team.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I listened to all 2 hours and 31 minutes of the podcast. I haven't casted my vote yet, cause I'm still waffling over this. I'm still trying to figure out if MK is really plaguing the metagame or if Brawlers are just lazy. If people would stop *****ing and suck it up, maybe a way to consistently beat Mk would be found in the future... but then there's the flip side to that, what if MK gets better? See, it's too much back and forth to me. Without anything definitive, it's hard for me to tell if MK should be banned or not.

Also, there aren't too many godly MKs in NY. So it's kinda like, "Why should I ban a character that 3, maybe 4 people play in my area?" That's not fair.

I'll give MK the benefit of the doubt and not cast a vote. It's not like this is a presidental election. (Obama 09)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
dude guys, DanGR's for real. His Meta Knight is a freaking jerk. I'm sick of trying Bowser against it, it doesn't seem to work, just like Fox didn't work and Falco didn't work. Should I try Lucario next?
Use Olimar. He's hilariously easy to use. Just spam Fsmash and SideB, then Usmash when he gets in kill range. If he lands on the ground, either regular grab or pivot grab. It's that easy.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
isnt blue terrorist that legendary sonic player? im pretty sure i've heard of him as an amazing sonic player.

and most smash veterans/players who are considred "good" agree that snake > MK
If you consider yourself either of those you are highly delusional. And last time I checked Overswarm and Edreese are both top level players.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Texas - Marth
lolwut?

All of the MKs in Texas, and the best player in the state rocks a Marth? That's ****ing awesome. I just leaned toward anti-ban now, cause Marth will surely be banned next if this is the case. lol.

Seriously though, I think that's amazing.

CO18

Smash Hero
lolwut?

All of the MKs in Texas, and the best player in the state rocks a Marth? That's ****ing awesome. I just leaned toward anti-ban now, cause Marth will surely be banned next if this is the case. lol.

Seriously though, I think that's amazing.
Yeah Roy R is #1 on their Power Rankings. Hes considered Texas's best player. Followed By DMG(Wario) and Dojo(MK).

Nic64

Smash Lord
Florida - Snake/Wario
Georgia - Dedede/Falco
Alabama - Wario
SC -
North carolina - Marth
MD/Va - Lucario
Delaware-
NJ - Metaknight
PA - Game and Watch
Connecticut - Snake
Rhode Island
Mass
NJ
VT
Maine
NY - Donkey Kong
W. Virginia
Ohio
Kentucky
Tennessee
Arkansas
Mississipi
Louisiana - Metaknight
Indiana
Michigan - Pikachu
Illinois
Missouri
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin - Snake
N. Dakota
S. Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Texas - Marth
N. Mexico
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Utah
Arizona
Nevada
Oregon
Washington
Socal - Metaknight/Snake
Norcal - Snake
wee being in a state that's too irrelevant to be listed :)

Master Raven

Smash Master
It appears that very few people actually seem to have a clear idea on who wins in the Snake/MK matchup.

Even then I still say it's debatable.

salaboB

Smash Champion
So to make sure I'm not misunderstanding...

Because a skilled Marth can beat an MK, if MK gets banned Marth will get banned, you think MK shouldn't be banned.

It's like the slippery slope pretending that it hasn't been shot down repeatedly (Then bludgeoned a bit)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Im gonna figure out for myself what character the best person in each state/region mains just because its something to do... I have this so far:
If you know something lemme know pl0x. Im interested.
Falco for Nevada.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah he does .

lol list updated with Alaska and Hawaii existing :) and canada.

Best players
Florida - Snake/Wario
Georgia - Dedede/Falco
Alabama - Wario
SC -
North carolina - Marth
MD/Va - Lucario
Delaware-
NJ - Metaknight
PA - Game and Watch
Connecticut - Snake
Rhode Island
Mass
VT
Maine
NY - Donkey Kong
W. Virginia
Ohio
Kentucky
Tennessee
Arkansas
Mississipi
Louisiana - Metaknight
Indiana
Michigan - Pikachu
Illinois
Missouri
New Hampshire
Iowa
Minnesota
Wisconsin - Snake
N. Dakota
S. Dakota
Nebraska
Kansas
Oklahoma
Texas - Marth
N. Mexico
Colorado
Wyoming
Montana
Idaho
Utah
Arizona
Nevada - Falco
Oregon
Washington
Socal - Metaknight/Snake
Norcal - Snake
Alaska
Hawaii
Canada - Snake

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think the list would work well in it's own thread. eh?

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Luigi for Idaho.

No really, I don't think Idaho even has any players that attend tournaments outside my N. Idaho group. And I'm the best in that group =p

Seriously though, living in Idaho blows.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
So to make sure I'm not misunderstanding...

Because a skilled Marth can beat an MK, if MK gets banned Marth will get banned, you think MK shouldn't be banned.

It's like the slippery slope pretending that it hasn't been shot down repeatedly (Then bludgeoned a bit)
you missed the lol.

I know jokes are so hard to catch on the net. Seriously though, I find that amazing, because MK is supposed to be this god, and yet, there's a Marth and a Wario better than them all. This is more of a reason for being anti-ban, because it proves that MK can be beaten.

XienZo

Smash Lord
you missed the lol.

I know jokes are so hard to catch on the net. Seriously though, I find that amazing, because MK is supposed to be this god, and yet, there's a Marth and a Wario better than them all. This is more of a reason for being anti-ban, because it proves that MK can be beaten.
But just because he can be beaten doesn't mean that we can keep MK.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
i just think the metagame would grow quicker if MK was out of the equation, people would start to look at other matchups more seriously and we would be learning alot more about the rest of the cast w/out having to worry about MK.
No kidding, almost every character has to go defensive (even the ones that are meant for offense), and the discussion turns to "live", rather than "defeat". Plus, it makes the tourney scene bland.

CO18

Smash Hero
Yeah I looked up and saw t0mmy is first on orgens pr or w/e.

Md/Va just sticks together really as a region but why not break it down into 2 states since I broke down every other state rite lol.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
But just because he can be beaten doesn't mean that we can keep MK.
But if hi-level players can beat hi-level MKs, what's to say that mid-level players and low-level players can't beat MKs on their level?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom