• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Metaknight be Banned? **Take 2** (Post-podcast)

Should Metaknight be banned?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Anyhow, how'd you pick up the, "We need to do things that are good for the metagame. Mk helps me win. Uhhh.... the metagame is about winning, so if it helps me, it must help the metagame, cuz I'm totally the metagame, WOOT, I win!" logic? Just because it helps you doesn't mean it helps the metgame.
This post sooo doesn't help the anti-ban side lmao.
Sarcasm detection?

It's pretty obvious he was being sarcastic IMO

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyhow, how'd you pick up the, "We need to do things that are good for the metagame. Mk helps me win. Uhhh.... the metagame is about winning, so if it helps me, it must help the metagame, cuz I'm totally the metagame, WOOT, I win!" logic? Just because it helps you doesn't mean it helps the metgame.
Who cares about what's good for the metagame of the other characters? Just use MK and you don't have to worry about anything.

:)

XienZo

Smash Lord
Who cares about what's good for the metagame of the other characters? Just use MK and you don't have to worry about anything.

:)
Cuz then we brand you an enemy of the smash community and attack you with perfect camping Olimars and insanely desynced ICs and discriminated Yoshi'\s.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Hey Overswarm, I changed my mind. I voted against the ban.

I realized that this game isn't about fun. It's about winning money from the new generation of players that this game tends to attract. And I want to win, so I use MK. Go ahead. Call me a scrub. w/e. I still win. That won't change. :)

Oh, and when people complain about how they can't beat me, I just pull the skill card and declare that they just need to get better. -that they need to find some sort of character that has a decent chance of beating MK and train with that character enough to surpass my skill with MK.

But guess what they don't realize at first? They have to use a secondary. They have to practice withtwo characters to do better. This splits the time they have practice between...
1.) time devoted to practicing and studying MK. You know, in order to make up for the inherent disadvantage their character has?
2.) their main against the rest of the cast
3.) their secondary against the characters their main doesn't do well against

So in theory, I don't even have to practice as often as they do to have an advantage over them. I can just use MK.

And I almost forgot. You know all those people that are actually trying to find a character that supposedly does well v MK? Well... I just prove that the character doesn't do well, and then they have to find a new character. While they do that, I'm progressing my MK game even further while they have to start all over again.

I've got a friend that's gone through Falco, Fox, Bowser, and D3 to try and fight MK. I've just stayed with MK the whole time. Even if he does find a good matchup, I'll still have much more experience with my character.

Really, it's a win-win for me. Don't ban MK...please?
honestly, I really cant comment on this. Its so logical and sickenenly true that I cant say anything about it. the only thing i can do is this...
*pukes*
10vomits
I did the same thing. i went searching for characters to fight MK.
i went from lucario, to fox, to D3, to wolf, to pit, and finally back to lucario.

im so upset right now...

and the worst part is that i know that i can only be mad at myself for having too much pride to just play MK myself...

brinboy789

Smash Champion
honestly, I really cant comment on this. Its so logical and sickenenly true that I cant say anything about it. the only thing i can do is this...

I did the same thing. i went searching for characters to fight MK.
i went from lucario, to fox, to D3, to wolf, to pit, and finally back to lucario.

im so upset right now...

and the worst part is that i know that i can only be mad at myself for having too much pride to just play MK myself...
try snake?

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
I think the best thing to do is to encourage the development of other character's metagames. Tiers don't change much because players play top tiers too much sometimes. If we played bottom tiers more, then we'd be able to really unlock the potential of every character.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I think the best thing to do is to encourage the development of other character's metagames. Tiers don't change much because players play top tiers too much sometimes. If we played bottom tiers more, then we'd be able to really unlock the potential of every character.
But its the non-top tiers who have the most enthusiastic players, like Yoshi and Sonic.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Silly MK mains telling others to try different characters. You know why? So they can stick to Meta Knight.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
What sucks azz is that us dedicated MK mains have been using him for months. If they ban him, we have to almost start over and learn someone else.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
dude guys, DanGR's for real. His Meta Knight is a freaking jerk. I'm sick of trying Bowser against it, it doesn't seem to work, just like Fox didn't work and Falco didn't work. Should I try Lucario next?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
dude guys, DanGR's for real. His Meta Knight is a freaking jerk. I'm sick of trying Bowser against it, it doesn't seem to work, just like Fox didn't work and Falco didn't work. Should I try Lucario next?
So I'm a jerk now? :(

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace
I use Snake on MK and win most of the time. I always pay attention to my CP's (Yoshi's Island (Melee) worked for me). I even used Sonic, ICs, DK and PT and still won (As well as other characters). You see? You gotta have skill and never forget the important things in smash. Think on your feet and don't give in to the fear. Use whatever you can get your hands on to survive. I'm going to have to go with No on this one, however my opinion can change if something major happens. It's as my friend said in my last smashfest, "There just being crybabies".

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'd just like to point out that something significant arose between the podcast and now.

We have frame data.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Nope, I voted before you.

Anyways, I'm tired of debating this. Atlantic North is never going to ban MK because we're the pinnacle of skill and understand how to defeat MK consistently and we realize that Snake has the advantage against him. I play and host in Atlantic North, so what other places do barely matters to me. It'll be their loss when they come here to our huge major tournaments and get rocked by Meta Knights since they won't know how to deal with him anymore.
How can you say "we" when you use MK? And I'm sure I could find many high placing people in Atlantic North that think MK>Snake in that matchup.

Inui has no supporters.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I use Snake on MK and win most of the time. I always pay attention to my CP's (Yoshi's Island (Melee) worked for me). I even used Sonic, ICs, DK and PT and still won (As well as other characters). You see? You gotta have skill and never forget the important things in smash. Think on your feet and don't give in to the fear. Use whatever you can get your hands on to survive. I'm going to have to go with No on this one, however my opinion can change if something major happens. It's as my friend said in my last smashfest, "There just being crybabies".
Sounds like BlueTerrorist fights crappy MK's on a regular basis.
How can you say "we" when you use MK? And I'm sure I could find many high placing people in Atlantic North that think MK>Snake in that matchup.

Inui has no supporters.
Only a select few are arguing that Snake beats MK and that argument is still a new one.

brinboy789

Smash Champion

Only a select few are arguing that Snake beats MK and that argument is still a new one.
isnt blue terrorist that legendary sonic player? im pretty sure i've heard of him as an amazing sonic player.

and most smash veterans/players who are considred "good" agree that snake > MK

M15t3R E

Smash Master
isnt blue terrorist that legendary sonic player? im pretty sure i've heard of him as an amazing sonic player.

and most smash veterans/players who are considred "good" agree that snake > MK
Who believes Snake>MK? That is a new argument created when the "Should MK be banned?" debate became really heated last month.
Don't bother talking about M2K. Of course he doesn't want MK banned, for his own personal reasons.

BlueTerrorist

Smash Ace

So I fight crappy MKs because I use my head and play smart? People should just lose credibility just for saying this. I use Snake as a MK counter since everyone is picking MK up. To answer you question as to why I win against MKs with Sonic, it's because I know the match-up all too well with him as well as the other characters I listed. I also play and exploit whatever weaknesses MK has and use whatever CP stage based on my opponent.

XienZo

Smash Lord
So I fight crappy MKs because I use my head and play smart?
Doesn't that mean that the MKs don't use their head and play smart to the extent that you do? So they're not as good to the extent you are? So that you probably won because they weren't as good, instead of the matchup influencing anything?

Tenki

Smash Hero
Doesn't that mean that the (insert character here)s don't use their head and play smart to the extent that you do? So they're not as good to the extent you are? So that you probably won because they weren't as good, instead of the matchup influencing anything?
I'd think it would be interesting if this applied to most non-high/top tier character players. ;)

CO18

Smash Hero
I think the real question here is Should Sonic Be Banned?

I mean he makes fun of mentally challenged people, he deserves a ban.

Smash Master
Name one non-MK main who thinks the MK Snake matchup is in Snake's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom