• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shell Shocked V [11/7/09] MD/VA, tristate, South, get in on this! [POUND 4 RULESET]

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Oh it is? I haven't checked in a while. Hmm.

Everyone seems to be doing striking now. Well, I'll decide whether it's going to be the spoc set or Pound in a bit.

pockyD

Smash Legend
well my theory is that due to stage striking, flatzone will never be played

except in matches where SS is involved

thus proving that the stage set is largely inconsequential as long as a majority of the stages are 'reasonable'

edit: one annoying thing about stage striking is that if you use the 'random stage' method (where you go to the screen and disable the stages one at a time), hopping on the TV to play friendlies can cause some confusion when you end up repeatedly playing the same stage

The Newb

Smash Ace
Stop being a cocky douche for 2 seconds in your life and maybe your region won't root against you.
Edit: Rephrasing.

Arrogance > Ignorance. Plank is arrogant because he can be. You're ignorant because...?

I'd root for Plank over any OOS (and in-state, for that matter) competition no matter the circumstances.

People need more regional/state pride. O.o

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
thumbs, im cocky but im realistic. i never really lose a lot of money in MMs, and my overall record is +500 or so in MMs at least over the years even with the crazy odds matches i do.

i realistically know that not only am i a lot better than you, but i am falco against falcon, a horrible matchup for falcon. i also know im smarter than you and you can't read my techs, so why would i worry?

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
thumbs, im cocky but im realistic. i never really lose a lot of money in MMs, and my overall record is +500 or so in MMs at least over the years even with the crazy odds matches i do.

i realistically know that not only am i a lot better than you, but i am falco against falcon, a horrible matchup for falcon. i also know im smarter than you and you can't read my techs, so why would i worry?
your fox and falco are non existent xD

skyheart

Smash Lord
im not rooting for anyone i dont like, i can care less where hes from. got a problem with it? TOO EFFIN BAD!

Eggm

Smash Hero
If you think about PS as 5 total stages. 3 of them would be neutrals if they were stand alone stages. So the majority of the stage is fair. So for a 2 outta 5 chance that you have to camp for a minute your gonna make it a CP? Lol..... I'd rather add DJ 64. Your still gonna play on BF or FD most likely once the strikings over anyway. So just keep it a neutral.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah ck ill MM u with my spacies for $20 best 3/5 or sheik vs ur whatever for 5:1 odds 20:100.

good **** pocky, he knows whats up

i generally am disliked by the scrubs and stupid players cuz i dont give them any undeserved respect, i guess i should get used to them disliking me ;)

pockyD

Smash Legend
If you think about PS as 5 total stages. 3 of them would be neutrals if they were stand alone stages. So the majority of the stage is fair. So for a 2 outta 5 chance that you have to camp for a minute your gonna make it a CP? Lol..... I'd rather add DJ 64. Your still gonna play on BF or FD most likely once the strikings over anyway. So just keep it a neutral.
eggm, 1 out of 5 the transforms is "neutral"; i'd say 2 are CP-like and 2 are ban-worthy

by your standards, the rainbow cruise boat is neutral too, and we KNOW when it's coming back so they can just 'camp out' the rest, right?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
We should just **** Stadium, Yoshis, and FoD for starter stages, and just have BF, DL, and FD

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
again, anyone who's interested in coming the night before this, let me know.

We didn't do any crews last time, which makes me sad. We got behind schedule because a decent amount of people didn't show up on a time, and some of tristate went to UMBC instead of college park. Let's hope that we can get things running faster this time.

Also, since I have a fixed computer and a new TB HDD, I'll be recording pretty much everything I can. Youtube and not livestream.

Also added detailed directions for once you're on campus to first post.

Also even if you can't bring a TV, bring a cube/wii! We have people like eggm who bring three TVs, I myself have on extra without a cube, so bringing an extra cube is always helpful!

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
nice! Welcome, let me know who you are when you get here, I'll treat you right. I'll be the white guy in the red Maryland T-shirt with glasses.

wool

Smash Ace
hahaha awesome this should be loads fun.
I just hope there will be someone who isn't good either as a moral booster when I lose to everyone else.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
hahaha awesome this should be loads fun.
I just hope there will be someone who isn't good either as a moral booster when I lose to everyone else.
last time we had a bunch of people who hadn't ever been to a tourney, I'm sure several of them will be there this time.

skyheart

Smash Lord
yeah ck ill MM u with my spacies for $20 best 3/5 or sheik vs ur whatever for 5:1 odds 20:100.

good **** pocky, he knows whats up

i generally am disliked by the scrubs and stupid players cuz i dont give them any undeserved respect, i guess i should get used to them disliking me ;)
stupid people of course dont deserve respect because people hate stupid people and dont wanna talk to/interact with stupid people. but why would scrubs not deserve respect? you'd be disrespectful to someone just because they suck at melee? i mean you gotta give respect to get respect. so maybe thats why people would dislike you.

if i misunderstood what you meant my bad. just askin questions to make things clearer i guess.

I dont hate you plank me loves you(no homo) you're pretty cool/chill and our friendly's are fun cept when you're jiggs -_- that just wasn't fun

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
stupid people of course dont deserve respect because people hate stupid people and dont wanna talk to/interact with stupid people. but why would scrubs not deserve respect? you'd be disrespectful to someone just because they suck at melee? i mean you gotta give respect to get respect. so maybe thats why people would dislike you.

if i misunderstood what you meant my bad. just askin questions to make things clearer i guess.

I dont hate you plank me loves you(no homo) you're pretty cool/chill and our friendly's are fun cept when you're jiggs -_- that just wasn't fun
chred i will MM you with my jiggs, dont hate!!

$5?? (im actually not confident, but i think itll be close and my practice my jiggs pretty often)

i dont have a prob with you and you arent even who im usually targetting when i say **** skyheart. when i say "scrub" i typically do not just mean someone who sucks at melee.

thumbs is probably better than you, but he is WAY more of a scrub than you will ever be, at least from what ive seen. hes pretty much the epitome of scrub (sorry thumbs, but you are LOL)

it's more of an attitude thing than anything else.

i just dont like when people from my region cheer against me because i guess ive always regarded that as important and even when i dont like players personally i cheer for them just because i like to prove my region is strong. if you dont back each other when it matters you will never improve as a region.

i LOVE scar as a person, hes a seriously cool dude. thumbs gets on my nerves sometimes but generally im ok with as a dude too. but if scar played thumbs in a serious match i can tell u right now id be rooting for thumbs very loudly. why? cuz if thumbs beats scar md/va just beat nj's *** and that's whats important. id LOVE for chu to take p4 home to md/va

thumbswayup

Smash Master

$5?? (im actually not confident, but i think itll be close and my practice my jiggs pretty often)

i dont have a prob with you and you arent even who im usually targetting when i say **** skyheart. when i say "scrub" i typically do not just mean someone who sucks at melee.

thumbs is probably better than you, but he is WAY more of a scrub than you will ever be, at least from what ive seen. hes pretty much the epitome of scrub (sorry thumbs, but you are LOL)

i just dont like when people from my region cheer against me because i guess ive always regarded that as important and even when i dont like players personally i cheer for them just because i like to prove my region is strong. if you dont back each other when it matters you will never improve as a region.

i LOVE scar as a person, hes a seriously cool dude. thumbs gets on my nerves sometimes but generally im ok with as a dude too. but if scar played thumbs in a serious match i can tell u right now id be rooting for thumbs very loudly. why? cuz if thumbs beats scar md/va just beat nj's *** and that's whats important. id LOVE for chu to take p4 home to md/va
Seems to me like someone who trash talks people who are better than him is more of a scrub characteristic than anything I do. You're just name calling because that's really all you're capable of.

I recall you going on about how Sheik should never lose to Falcon and how you were at the top of your game. Then you lost to Scar in tourny. You also challenged Eggm to a $100 mm and then lost to him in tourny. Sure looks like you don't back up your trash talk as well as you should for someone who goes around calling people scrubs to feel better about himself.

You're a cool guy irl Plank, but you're a very cocky, annoying poster on this forum a lot of the time. Learn a little modesty, and maybe you'll save yourself some humiliation in the future.

skyheart

Smash Lord

True that, oh and i dont think you're targetting me when i read your stuff. i just need more clarification so i dont misunderstand what you're saying. and naw i **** thumbs dry anally no spit. cept when he cheats and starts screaming to make me laugh during our sets.

but yea i agree with everything you said i'd def cheer for thumbs over scar or anyone out of state. but there still are a few people in md/va who i wouldn't cheer for but those are the few people that i hate. and theres only like 2 of them.

oh and your jiggs would def beat chreds if mines can. like even when my jiggs is rusty i can beat chred =D

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Thumbs beat Scar in like one friendly at SS IV. I was proud.

Thumbs also beat Hat, Newb, and CK at Chu's this past Saturday. Not too far from G-reg's level. Yay, Thumbs. ^_^

Top Bottom