• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Video & Video Critique Thread

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
iirc on the third hit there's the most lag between the kicks, I remember M2K getting a couple of aerials timing the punish right w/ that.

You gotta remember, Dnyce, it's not a matter of ADing into him, it's trying to land period lol. Sheik's air mobility sucks and if you watched the matches the nair catches are pretty ridiculous.

While I'm aware snake nair is SDIable, I guess that's a matter of me needing more practice, although there's an awfully large majority that don't SDI that move, so I wouldn't say it's exactly 09 as it is a really important nuance of the MU. I'm ironically good at getting out of crazy stuff like Marth's DB, it's just this move that gives me a bit of trouble lol. Oh yeah and dair when you're grounded and the like.

Time for me to do a "Hyperbolic time chamber" session on this :p

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
While it's guaranteed, I don't think I like the idea of tilting Marth twice and guaranteeing eating a Dolphin Slash after the second one lol.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Excuse me not nair but smash di out of snakes neutral air
The most effective way to SDI Snakes nair was covered in my last post.

No guys our tilt lock is guaranteed on everyone for about 2 or 3 hits. They never leave hitstun so it doesn't matter how fast their options are.
Well, you're partially true. The hit-stun formula is: KB*~.4 Since the Project M kiddos are holding out on the KB formula, I can't really break it down 100%, but I was able to get some numbers for understanding.
Ftilt on Mario (% - hitlag)
0 - 10
10 - 12
20 - 14
30 - 16

The values remain constant between Mario and Snake up until 100% where Mario had 30 frames of hit-stun while Snake only had 29. Not having the full formula is problematic to figuring it out how stale moves affect it, which would be important to know in terms of linking hits together. He mentioned that ftilt @ 20% with ftilt in the first stale cue would have 13 frames hit-stun (for mario), but I assume that is based on a melee-esq stale-move counter.

Ftilt has 15 frames between ftilt hitbox ending and being able to do another move. Ftilt hits on frame 5. Question would be, if an opponent lands if they go into hard landing or not. If they don't land, ftilt combo'ing into itself would seem to be an error on the side of human reaction, twice is completely plausible against Snake based on that assumption... but I wouldn't go for 3.

While I'm aware snake nair is SDIable, I guess that's a matter of me needing more practice, although there's an awfully large majority that don't SDI that move, so I wouldn't say it's exactly 09 as it is a really important nuance of the MU.
Oh, I meant aerial dodging into the ground and getting railed for doing so... not SDI'ing his nair, lol. However, I do believe a large majority of the community doesn't know how to SDI properly. I posted the most efficient way to SDI it my previous post ;o

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
oh yeah haha, ADing into the opponent is a bad thing unless for the occasional mixup or if you're too slow to get away more effectively.

sheikamaru

jive
Im gonna go find me a snake and kill it now!

And if you're cautious against marth you'd mix cp wisely like one f tilt to up tilt etc. getting dolphon slashed ain't tooo bad espcially at low percents

:phone:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Utilt can always be Dolphin Slashed between the first and second hits.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That's why I vie for aerial/dsmash against Marth after ftilts, just not dsmash at low percents or he can just run up to you and DB.

Oh yeah and ftilt -> grab's pretty good too.

I've also seen marth fail to hit me with DS when I utilt and it hits him at the very tip of utilt, it's weird but pretty good because that whiff is open for some good damage lol.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
SHiek is such an awsome char. Im trying to second her now and its coming really good :D
This char is awsome especailly when I 1hit ko with zelda when I transform in the middle of the match lol

sheikamaru

jive
yushhh!! that's the ticket! or if your able to rack up so much damage to where they are at like 150ish and your at like 90 you can fair them to their misery!

Judo777

Smash Master

The most effective way to SDI Snakes nair was covered in my last post.

Well, you're partially true. The hit-stun formula is: KB*~.4 Since the Project M kiddos are holding out on the KB formula, I can't really break it down 100%, but I was able to get some numbers for understanding.
Ftilt on Mario (% - hitlag)
0 - 10
10 - 12
20 - 14
30 - 16

The values remain constant between Mario and Snake up until 100% where Mario had 30 frames of hit-stun while Snake only had 29. Not having the full formula is problematic to figuring it out how stale moves affect it, which would be important to know in terms of linking hits together. He mentioned that ftilt @ 20% with ftilt in the first stale cue would have 13 frames hit-stun (for mario), but I assume that is based on a melee-esq stale-move counter.

Ftilt has 15 frames between ftilt hitbox ending and being able to do another move. Ftilt hits on frame 5. Question would be, if an opponent lands if they go into hard landing or not. If they don't land, ftilt combo'ing into itself would seem to be an error on the side of human reaction, twice is completely plausible against Snake based on that assumption... but I wouldn't go for 3.

Oh, I meant aerial dodging into the ground and getting railed for doing so... not SDI'ing his nair, lol. However, I do believe a large majority of the community doesn't know how to SDI properly. I posted the most efficient way to SDI it my previous post ;o
No if they are hitting the ground between ftilts its not the right percent. And Ank i am like almost postive 2 ftilts starting at 25% is safe against marth.

sheikamaru

jive
German sheik > japan sheik?

One thing I like to do when watchimg other sheiks is to compare or check out the differences between our sheiks. Like his sheik attacks sheilds a lot where I like to grab sheilded opponents

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm not quite sure, they've both got pretty good sheiks.

Light also was a German player iirc before he moved (I dunno tbh, there's so many people with "Light" and "Shadow" in their name >_<)

Yeah I like how he uses nair as a mixup to stop him from getting grabbed so that he can continue being offensive.

sheikamaru

jive
There's so much to comment about this set.. I know some of his choices are questionable like near the end of the last set he down tilted falco when he could of simply down smashed for the kill

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Funny you say that:

I was sitting close to him, when he inputted the dsmash he was close to jump up and celebrate but then was like WHAT THE **** HOOOOOOW and then the trip

that was so unlucky xD

he is unlucky for a long time now and he lost against people he shouldn't lose to and then that happends and I fully granted that win to him and then.. :(

he was so depressed afterwards.

Light25

Smash Cadet
Yea Biggad Sheik is awesome (Im the other german Sheik, Light)
That Dsmash was a " fail" i saw it and his reaction was sitting next to him.

And Btw, Im German Sheik since 2008 xDD never moved or something that Light ur talking about it from USA or something like that.

My bracket Match vs BluB should be uploaded soon too.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yea Biggad Sheik is awesome (Im the other german Sheik, Light)
That Dsmash was a " fail" i saw it and his reaction was sitting next to him.

And Btw, Im German Sheik since 2008 xDD never moved or something that Light ur talking about it from USA or something like that.

My bracket Match vs BluB should be uploaded soon too.
haha yeah, that's what I was saying, I would feel bad too from not getting a kill from an opportunity like that because of a wrong input.

Also someone said you were drunk when you did your crewmatch against that ZSS... rofl XD

Light25

Smash Cadet
yea man thats true xD Thats the reason why Biggad and Semifer didnt play xD they were drunken too xD 3 guys 2 "Jägermeister" :D

Dnyce

Smash Master
Couple friendlies with my sheik got recorded recently. Any general advice would be great, like I said... only been playing her for a few weeks now, don't expect anything stellar, lol. I don't know what I should be doing in the match-up or in general, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7dU5DKria4

I lose game 1 and 4, and win game 2 and 3. Haven't watched game 4 myself yet, but all help would be appreciated <3

Edu.

Smash Cadet
hey dnyce
when you grab a lucas you can:
grab release --> dacus/dashattack/dash grab
or just pummel --> grab (dash grab if the lucas use DI)

for example: grab, regrab, regrab, etc, dash attack, gimp, thats all

Dnyce

Smash Master
hey dnyce
when you grab a lucas you can:
grab release --> dacus/dashattack/dash grab
or just pummel --> grab (dash grab if the lucas use DI)

for example: grab, regrab, regrab, etc, dash attack, gimp, thats all
O

That's good to know.... hahahahaha.

//scrub

Regardless, anything else?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Be more fluid. You always seem to be at a point where you have to think about what you're going to do next.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ahhhhh so Light25 and iLight are different guys who both main sheik

i see!

well i saw the vid of Light25

and

I APPROVE.

Top Bottom