• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Tournament Results and Discussion

Dcold

Smash Lord
Not necessarily "not so good ICs", but ones that aren't like...Vinnie or Atomsk

I really can't when I played Minty, if I pick BF he goes Marth and ***** me, I pick FD he picks ICs.

Dcold

Smash Lord
I personally don't like that stage, especially against Marth and ICs. I feel it's too small for me to play the game I like. Only other stage I could really pick, is PS1, which would be banned. Japanese Ruleset.

Platform canceling makes SV possibly the worst neutral stage in the MU for us besides FD. You're best bets is going to be Pokemon 1, lylat, or BF.

Also Dcold you're citing all the tings that roller did when people considered him to be trash, that level of ICs is beatable with anyone, they are going to have habits that you can capitalize with proper use of the platform, and needles.

somehow or other the platforms being smaller makes them really helpful in the MU.

somehow.

I might be biased about lylat since it's my favorite stage to play sheik on, and think it's sheik best legal stage in the game.

You can upsmash through the side platforms, u-tilt through the middle one, laglessl;y short hop uair for pressure as well under the middle one., it's also easy to bair people off of the platforms because they are smaller. because of the u-smash thing earlier it's easy to frame trap people who are landing on them, and get surprise early kills see: me vs mjg game 2 first stock. Needles also beat out other projectiles here because of the slant, like they can go over Ice blocks and hit the climbers if you're above them on the slant.

Also it sucks to recover on lylat unless you have the option between tether and non tether recoveries imo, which is an inherent advantage seeing as we have both, and a platform for up-b giving us a the same amount of recovery options we have on BF, but limiting everyone else's because once again we can upsmash through the side platforms, and our bair kills under the stage here, unlike on BF and SV where holding up prevents the stage spike, so people who have good vertical recoveries are significantly easier to gimp here. if people are ledge hopping or attempting to hit us from underneath the stage (TL/Olimar uairs) our vanish will stage spike them.

also also we can b-boost off the platforms to move quickly, like i cant do it, but a platform canceled b-boost off one of the plats would be an insanely fast get away lol.

also also also, a lot of people hate lylat and at smashfests there's always someone who turns it off giving the people who actually practice on it a further advantage since you know all the trick and they don't.

I take back my thing about it being one of our best stages vs ICs, the only experience i have on this stage vs them is winning from an SD against an ICs that I 3-stocked on BF the last time we played in tournament (roughly a month b4) and against a D3 main's pocket ICs who he has never used on me since then. Shoutouts to tech chase for being a real *****h.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I can see this all, alrighty I will look into using Lylat a little more. I just hate it sometimes when I accidentally platform cancel onto a platform because it'll ruin a groove I'm in or it messes me up and gets me hit. I could learn to get comfy on this stage though.

@Mars: With places like SV and Lylat, it enables us to further abuse our speed and give our opponents less time to think imo. I enjoy to use it but I need to get much better at it.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Platform Canceling is ridiculously easy. It gives Sheik a good amount of options on stages for quick escapes. On SV I use it to escape grenades, and run out of situations that'd hit me on the ground. I also use it to get away from Nados that are too low to the ground that I can't needle it.

It's a two way street though, and can catch anyone offguard. I'd been platform cancel -> down grab cg'd by DK on SV, and Grab Release->Tipper'd by Marth because of my mashing.

ICs can also platform cancel grab us,making moving platforms very scary to land or be on.

One thing lain said to me a while back, not that hes really a sheik authority but, is that FD was too plain of a stage for sheik. Like he said sheik wasn't a good enough character to really thrive on FD and that the most annoying part of fighting sheik is gimmicks(hear this from a lot of ppl), often involving a platform. Even tho he doesnt even play sheik I think hes right, besides a few MU's like the spacies I think Sheik needs platforms

Then take ICs there, if FD was a good stage for avoidingg conflict it woildnt be a good stage for them. Unless you have camping tools like TL or an escape similar to falco's or sonic's you wont be avoiding anything on that stage.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
and against a D3 main's pocket ICs who he has never used on me since then. Shoutouts to tech chase for being a real *****h.
Yooooooo never again. If I'm gonna play you, I'd rather just play you with my main and get better instead of being a ***** and trying to counterpick people. That's one of the many reasons why almost everyone outside our PR is mad free.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that if I can't beat a Sheik with ICs...I have no future with ICs...lmao.

:denzel:

Roller once upon a time would consistently lose to me with ICs. Even tho there my only win in legit sets is going mostly peach, there was def a point in time that if we had played in tournament I would have won.

I mean I lost to a lucas at my like 3rd tournament who is apparently free to sheik... but look at me now... top 5 link :088:

Roller

Smash Legend
BF is your best bet vs ICs as far as neutrals are concerned, imo. Platform camp all day, poking with needles. But keep moving, don't let the ICs get directly under you for the free Uairs. Wait for them to get greedy and over extend by jumping above a platform or something. If the ICs trip, go in immediately. You wont get many chances so I'd suggest going all in aggro on nana to try for the gimp.

The matchup really is terrible tho. My only real tips would be to check what the ICs does when they approach. Do they just run in and dash grab? Do they run in, sheild and then go for a grab? Most ICs will shield when they go in. Don't be afraid to go for the hard read and just run up and snatch one of them when they approach. We usually don't expect the opponent to be bold enough to just walk up and grab us.

Also, if they use up B to recover, you can try to fall down and fair/bair/whatever to nick popo while he gets pulled to nana. Could gimp him.

idk what else to suggest, tbh. You really have to make hard reads and get perfect at gimping nana when she's separated. Also. Learn to mash. A lottttt of ICs either don't buffer their CGs, or they don't transition from the dthrow->dthrow into the in-place CG correctly, allowing for you to mash out. Plus, just the sound of someone mashing really hard can throw some people off, or at the very least make them nervous about being perfect with their CGing. Knowing they don't have leniency in their timing can cause people's nervousness to increase.

If they strike BF (which I doubt they will), PS1 is probably next best option. Avoid FD and YI at all costs though, imo. And as Tutu said, beware of platform cancel->grab on smashville/lylat/YI(only when platform is tilting).

I hope at least one of those suggestions was at all helpful..

I think im going to that.

Oh yeah, i beat warlock don in a friendly, i think. DBPM too, hes really chill, but um also ftilt is good against ICs if you hit them, the climbers are slow fallers so you can get them for afew kicks somewhat early, like 15ish percent. Make sure to focus on popo's height though, getting grabbed out of your own tilt lock makes the MU look as bad as it is. Also reverse utilt seperates them like 100% of the time, its like literally shoving a wall of your foot inbetween them, but once again mske sure popo gets hit by the second hit, if not he can grab you.
EDIT:

:yeahboi:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
NLL $5 Footdives 5/19 Orlando, FL
Entered as Geese Howard
9th out of 31 singles
3rd out of 11 doubles (Teamed with Trump :fox:)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322690

Really was satisfied with doubles and hopefully the vids will be up soon. Singles I'm hitting a brick wall in the form of Kyon. Then got upset by my one of my friends who was having his comin out tourney lol. Time to dive into the lab to improve some more.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Forgot to post it sooner, but I got 9th out of 36 at Don't Blink 2012 last weekend. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=322437

I used mostly Sheik believe it or not...mainly because I had to fight 3 Diddy Kongs in a row in Losers. 2-0'd Zwarm, 2-1'd JJRockets (who's ranked 4th in IL/WI, one spot above me), then lost 0-2 to Zinoto.

Against JJ, I beat him game 1 with Sheik, and lost game 2 when I lost focus after the 2nd stock. You can kinda see me crash and burn during my 3rd stock in the video below lol...Sheik vs Diddy is exhausting. I felt like I wouldn't be able to focus long enough to use Sheik in game 3, so I decided to go MK in game 3, which I won.

Then I tried going Sheik against Zinoto game 1 next round, but a combination of me being burned out and Zinoto having lots of Tutu practice led to him kinda wrecking me (not to mention he's a good player). Then I took him to last hit with MK game 2 but still lost.

Anyways some videos:

Vs. Zwarm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DYk0I0R808
(Quality is pretty awful because my laptop ****ed up the recording...if you don't want to watch the whole thing then at least watch the first stock of game 2, it was pretty sick)

Vs. JJrockets: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZkc_xEYYCg
(I won game 1 which wasn't recorded)

Honestly I'm not unhappy with how my Sheik did, considering it's the first tournament I've used her in...but I'm definitely not satisfied. I'll see if I can get some better videos for next time.

:phone:

Dcold

Smash Lord
9th of 34 today...I'm mad as hell. I should have beaten DeltaCod, but he grab release->spiked me for the kill when I was up a good 50%. If I would have beaten him, I think I'd have beaten Smurf, which would have gotten me 5th. From the way both of us were playing today, I don't think that's a longshot.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
9th of 34 today...I'm mad as hell. I should have beaten DeltaCod, but he grab release->spiked me for the kill when I was up a good 50%. If I would have beaten him, I think I'd have beaten Smurf, which would have gotten me 5th. From the way both of us were playing today, I don't think that's a longshot.
what....

I've a tournament tomorrow, but seems like it'll be a little stacked, but I'm hoping for Top 10 atleast. Let's goooo.
hopes to get top 10... gets top 10 and is mad.

good ****.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
You better get your revenge soon because I'm pretty sure he's moving to Chicago.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Oh yeah good job on 9th!

Also I'm pretty sure if anything, Delta's going to want to take revenge against ME, since I beat him in the Ganon Gauntlet. Though there's no way I'm going Ganon against that dude in tournament lol.

:phone:

Top Bottom