• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Tournament Results and Discussion

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14304658&postcount=1

5th out of 19 people

soo lets see how to start this off

first match vs Umbra was Sheik vs Peach... God dam I HATE PEACH with any character in the game. I can't seem to pull out a win against a decent Peach. I managed to get him to last stock before I lost my last one... then second game was pikachu vs marth soo not going to go into details with that. 0-2

my first match in the losers bracket was vs Carroll, a local ZSS player that mainly plays melee. As far as I know he is the only melee player in my scene that is semi-serious about getting better in brawl. Well first game I believe I won it with just the simple 1 stock left. Then he took me to PS1 and I ended up SDing twice so I lost game 2. Then won game 3 on battlefield at last stock low percent. 2-1

my second match in the losers bracket was a lucario(recently picked him up)/Sonic main. First game he went Lucario on me, but my only offline practice is from a Lucario main that also got 5th at the same tournament. So I felt confident in that MU and I believe I pulled it out with a solid 2 stock. Second game he went Sonic (his TRUE main) on FD and I had trouble trying to learn this matchup... He was in the lead for majority of the time but I staged spiked him on his last stock while he was at like 70-85% and I was above 100% so I won 2-0.

Then my third losers bracket match was a Game and Watch player that went by the alias Green Ranger. From what he has told me he also plays melee majority of the time. His GW was actually pretty good for a melee only player. First game was on SV sheik v GW, I think I just got destroyed this match and kept running into a lot of things and IIRC I ended up getting 2 stocked. Since I have no idea what stages Sheik is good at I just took him to castle siege so I could try to refresh some moves off of the statues. Green Ranger was winning majority of the time and then I came back and won with a run up usmash to punish his empty hops. Then he took me to BF and the same thing pretty much happened, I came back and won with another run up usmash to punish the empty hop habit he had.

My last bracket match with Kazi was pretty bad. He solidly beat me both games. First game he beat me pretty bad with Falco on SV. I don't really know what to do when I'm thrown in the air against falco. I'm too used to the other way around lol. Then second game he went D3 when I CP'd Lylat Cruise and he 2 stocked me there too.

So overall, I'm bad against Peach. I need to learn some decent/good CPs for Sheik. Also I need to learn the Sonic matchup better. Also learn what the hell to do when I'm stuck in the air.

Dcold

Smash Lord
I CP everything and everyone to BF. If that's banned, I take them to Halberd if they fit my criteria. Those 2 are my favorite stages. Others are just backups. I dislike Smashville aswell, but I'd never ban it. I feel it is TOO SMALL of a stage for me to really feel comfortable. Playing Marths really made me dislike the stage as he can run to the other side of the stage quickly and hurt you @_@. I only use it if FD/BF is banned and it's the only solid option left. I like the Japanese Ruleset, I really only stick to Neutrals.

I say Halberd for certain matchups because anyone that kills vertically do not take there. Anyone that usually kills horizontally, take there. The one platform really limits the approaches other characters have vs you. Sheik is amazing at punishing people above, her especially from the ground. If they try to jump at you, or try and approach from above you, you're in a good position to punish. This forces them to come at you straight up, and if they're doing that, you've needles, a quick grab/jab, ftilt, etc. to really punish them if they come at ya reckless. On the second transformation, that's where you can stay out of any and all danger as there is more than enough room for you to see something coming at you, and get out of the way. I usually camp the edges unless I'm at a high percent. Needles are free damage here, and ftilt lock->UpSmash kills crazy early. Sheik's best stage out of the list of counterpicks in my opinion, second being PS2 but I generally DO NOT explore that stage so I don't know why, but people like it *shrugs*. But yeah, only certain characters.

Also Jimmy, what I like for the Sonic MU is, I call it basically playing a Matador style. Stand in the middle of the stage, and Sonic WILL be near the edges trying to spin dash or w/e at you, and then you can just jump/shield-> punish. Needles eat his spin dash, and he has no projectile so he must come to you. Avoid him when you're in a bad spot, and punish him whenever he messed up. Don't fear him @ high percentages since he can't kill. It's a long MU in terms of time, as usually my sets vs Sonics go to like 6-7 minutes a game, but it's really one about patience and stamina.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
all the spacies I know like the smaller blastzone as well... Fox usmash already kills hella early. Falco's most reliable kill move is probably usmash, and wolf can pretty much kill both ways (more horizontally imo). Wario's clap is hella annoying to die against. I'll agree 100% with diddy kong though

Dcold

Smash Lord
Thing about Fox is, we get him in tilts before he gets us to 90% to kill us lol. Same with the other spacies. Looking at the tier list, just think of who here kills vertically USUALLY. Just going by characters above Sheik on the list;
S: Meta Knight Maybe, but his sharking is annoying.
A: Diddy Kong, Falco
B: Marth Possible
C: King Dedede Who gets hit with up tilt?
D: Fox, Wolf, Peach Tilt lock, and dacus on floats.
E: Kirby, R.O.B., Pit, Sonic None of them kill vertically.

Halberd can work vs them, just about how comfortable you are on the stage. Just get more comfortable with the stage itself if you want to start CPing it, don't just take them there if you don't like/know the stage well because it can get messy; but that's every MU lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I like Halberd vs MK. Lots of room to run away and lots of nice yummy open spaces for GR>DACUS:)

I dont see why you would take DS to halbrrd, you arent killing that character off the top, and his utilt is a strong punidh for sheik's already not so stellar getting back on the stage game.

I think MK solidky beats sheik everywhere, so you might as well take him whereever you feel the most comfortable. I feel the same about marth, except marth doesnt beat us as badly.

I think sheiks bad stages include, SV, Brinstar, Rainbow, and the rest are MU dependant.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I dont see why you would take DS to halbrrd, you arent killing that character off the top, and his utilt is a strong punidh for sheik's already not so stellar getting back on the stage game.

I think MK solidky beats sheik everywhere, so you might as well take him whereever you feel the most comfortable. I feel the same about marth, except marth doesnt beat us as badly.

I think sheiks bad stages include, SV, Brinstar, Rainbow, and the rest are MU dependant.
I think Marth & MK are both 4-6.

I personally think Marth is harder but that's just because I suck at the MU xD

Dcold

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles: 34 entrants
1: Dabuz ($181.50) :pit: :olimar:
2: Vinnie ($82.50) :popo: :gw: :pit:
3: Atomsk ($49.50) :dedede: :snake:
4: Will ($16.50) :dk2:
5: Problem :snake:
5: MintyFlesh :marth:
7: SouthPaw3000 :toonlink:
7: Dill3000 :rob:
9: Dekillsage3000 :snake: :zelda:
9: Raptor :yoshi2:
9: PentaSalia3000 :gw:
9: Deven3000 :kirby2:
13: JamLosingTheGame :ike:
13: HelpR3000 :lucas:
13: MikeKirby :kirby2:
13: Dcold :sheik:
17: Hobo :gw:
17: John12346 :lucario:
17: Sama :luigi2:
17: theDuL0R :lucario:
17: B0nk3000 :popo:
17: Pane :wolf:
17: Ghost :snake:
17: Nuke :diddy:
25: NOTA :toonlink:
25: Coontail :pt:
25: SeriousBubba :dedede:
25: SOS :lucas:
25: Peter :falco:
25: Bacinator :ness2:
25: Shinny
25: Crabs
33: KashBryant
33: Pratik

Apex Ruleset (MK Banned)
I played really bad.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I used Sheik for the first time in brackets last week-end, for only one match though. Which I won, vs a decent MK. I'll keep training her for this match-up at the very least.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Today was really fun, and it ran REALLY smoothly. I feel like I'm becoming a better and better TO with the more tournaments I host. Can't wait for the next Uprise, guys!

Singles (26 entrants)

[collapse=Singles Bracket]
[/collapse]

1: Apex | Vinnie ($143.00) :popo:
2: Nairo ($65.00) :metaknight:
3: AngelOfIcarus48 (Dabuz) ($39.00) :olimar::pit:
4: NAKAT ($13.00) :fox::metaknight:
5: Pentasalia :gw:
5: Bizkit :snake:
7: Pane :wolf:
7: Bloodcross :metaknight::falco:
9: False :snake:
9: MikeKirby :kirby2:
9: FNB.Will :dk2:
9: FNB.Kirin :mario2::link2:
13: Keitaro :falco:
13: CT Chibo :rob:
13: Zorai :marth:
13: Dcold :sheik:
17: Mr. Eric :marth:
17: WILBO
17: John
17: The Real Golden Yoshi King (Raptor) :yoshi2:
17: Sisqo :marth:
17: Mintyflesh :marth:
17: TAYF_itstheDuL0R :lucario:
17: TAYF_itsLuigiSama :luigi2:
25: Rundas
25: MIC
****ing ICE CLIMBERS. Tutu please teach me how to play against them :l

LMAO

last time we played in tournament set 1 he 2-1'd me ics vs Sheik

then set 2 (loser's finals) I won game 1 with Sheik and won the next two games with peach.

However since then I have yet to take a single friendly off the man with Sheik, Q.Q That was roughly 6 months ago

Dcold

Smash Lord
We were getting worried about him...

The ditto is kinda annoying, personally I find it really stressful, think I'm just gonna pick up Snake/Wario since most of the not as good ICs can't CG heavies for ****.

Roller

Smash Legend
I mean. I have never lost a set to Tutu's sheik in tourney. ;;

The time he went Peach was the only time he's won a set against me. So idk what y'all are talkin' about.

Roller

Smash Legend
YooOOoOOooOo XD

:088::088::088::088::088: :088::088::088::088::088: :088::088::088::088::088:

2 a.m. Get back from fast food run:

Tutu: "can we do a fake mm with no money on the line so I can make the sheiks think the matchup isn't bad?"

Me: "lol, yes."

I was REALLY bad at that point tho. =/

That's not even factual.

Because when I asked that question he was like...
"why would I play a MU like that for no money? I have nothing to gain, and if I lose people are going to laugh at me. I'll do it for $5."
:088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088::088:

Top Bottom