• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sheik Tournament Results and Discussion

iLight

Smash Lord
good **** scary <3 also that's why I play ROB so i don't have to worry as much about IC's/Pikachu

on another note the last singles tournament for me will be Super Bit Wars in Oklahoma in aug 20th I will try to make you guys proud

stealth3654

Smash Lord
haha, we need a whole set-up to ourselves again. That was awesome.

Anyways, I thought I'd post my tourney results from yesterday since I hardly post on the boards.
Geeks + Gamers Brawl Tournament
3rd out of about 30 :sheik:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=306232

Won against Trevor
Casual player

Won against Crushaaacory :ness2::snake:
Beat his Ness game one, and beat his snake game two. Nothing interesting about this set.

Won against George :sheik::kirby2:
Game one I won on Smashville against his Sheik. We made a truce to only do 2-3 ftilts in a row xD. He picked up Sheik not to long ago. Won with 1 or 2 stocks.
Game two, I lost on Smashville against his Kirby. He was making better choices than me and I was making too many mistakes. He had 1 or 2 stocks.
Game three I won on Battlefield against his Kirby. I baited and juggled a lot, and won with 2 stocks.

Lost against Reflex :squirtle:
Game one, I lost on Smashville. His squirtle kept poking me and juggling me. His Charzard edgeguarded very hard.
Game two, I lost on Final D. His squirtle wrecked me. I need to work on being less predictable.

Won against DRN :zerosuitsamus::metaknight:
Game one, I won on Smashville against his ZSS. He had a solid one stock lead in the beginning, but I brought it back and won with one stock, mid percent.
Game two, I won on Frigate against his MK. Again, he had a solid one stock lead on me, and I brought it back with one stock, mid percent.

Won against Elev8 :popo:
Game one, I won on Battlefield. I camped the life out of those platforms and kept poking him whenever I could. On the last life, I tripped right next to him. He grabbed me, but he ended it early. I don't know if he was just being nice, or was just trying to spike me. Won with one stock.
Game two, I lost on Smashville. I made too many mistakes and tried punishing when it wasn't safe. He ended it with 1 or 2 stocks.
Game three, I won on Smashville. I just did what I did on battlefield again. Won with 1 stock.

Lost against Kismet :metaknight:
All games of the Losers Final was the same pretty much. I would do alright in the beginning and have the percent lead, then he would juggle me and/or gimp me. He won each game with 1 or 2 stocks.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yes, do tell.

btw, NOID on the callout:

Oh. Guys. I'm supposed to say that I'm trash and Xyro is the best Samus because I placed 33rd instead of 25th or higher and Xyro made a deal that I did not reply to stating that if I didn't place higher than 33rd at a stacked *** no pools tournament, I'm trash.

There ya go.

Sheik vs ICs is ****ing stupid. The Sheik boards for that matter are stupid. Holy **** @ character boards having the most horrid opinions on their character.

Shoutouts later.

@KT: Needs more Samus bro. :/
I'm guessing it's all the "ICs is a winnable MU for sheik" thing, which tbh I actually haven't heard much here, if at all lol

/drama

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
ah good ol noid accepting that not only does his samus suck but his sheik might be even WORSE.

Sheik boards, what did you do to him?!?!?!?!?!

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think NoID has ever even posted here, and the only people who think Sheik vs ICs isn't an absolutely ******** matchup is <3 and maybe Scary.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
rofl @ Xyro and myself name searching

I lurk the Sheik boards on occasion. <3 and Scary were the ones I was referring to. And they're both wrong.

But word, I have posted here several times, and it has been said on the boards.

GG @ ignorance

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I know sheik vs ICs is stupid dumb, I'm just annoyed by Zelda vs ICs to th point that I'm willing to try anything since I'm not picking up a secondary lol.

:phone:

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Btw. Ed. You ruined my chances at MMing DJ Jack and Xaltis. Apparently you beat DJ in tourney so neither wanted to do Falco v Sheik.

Thanks a lot bro.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
falco vs sheik is terrible for falco.... terrible.

I pretty sure I'm the only one that think the match up isn't too far behind most of the cast... but whatever.

Billy just beat an IC in losers quarters...

The match up is dumb... but its far from unwinable.

Yooo I used to think that Sheik vs ICs wasn't really really dumb, until I realized that I'd lose to people who mained ICs and said IC's only wins in bracket ever were when they were lucky enough to play me in 1st round winners.

Also Good **** Billy, I know how hard/frustrating that MU can be, and elev8 is a good ICs from what i hear so I know u must have put in work. Keep it up imo.

No johns and all but like 2+2 does equal Tutu.

also@NOID If Sheik boards are so stupid then why don't you enlighten us, nobody here is claiming to be perfect or even on a national level of play, we're like a small group of low-mid to high-mid level players trying to advance an under developed characters metagame while at the same time trying to advance our own personal levels of play. If you want to call us stupid and ignorant or whatever go ahead, but IMO trying to develop an underdeveloped character by yourself and looking down on the rest of the people that are trying to do the same is much more stupid.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
kyon always told me zelda peach was terrible.

zelda pika isn't bad from what I've experinced, but sheik pika would be better if not for the chain.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Zelda took care of Lexi. No peach but Zelda handled her on the cruise. I think Zelda closed out that set and maybe one or two others but Sheik handled all the Diddys.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik/Diddy is only really bad for Sheik if you ask a Diddy how the matchup is.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yea for the most part, I went mostly Sheik throughout my Diddy slaughtering.

When Sheik loses momentum in the MU though, it's a major pain in the *** to get it back.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
yeah that match up is so momentum based. banana control is SO important and I think that's why most people have issues with the match up. banana's are great tool but without the sheik should be winning most of the exchanges. especially if diddy is in the air.

Also billy you didn't tell me there was a tourneny :(

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I was planning on going to SiN3 in Vegas this weekend, but i'm on probation n stuff so I decided not to chance it for a video game lol.

Nice to see a tournament results thread......what is the format for posting results?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Was at another tournament yesterday. Keister's MK-banned one here in Columbus. Here's how I did.

Round 1 (Winners R1):
vs Overswarm
- Game One (vs R.O.B.) Smashville [L]
Overall, this match seemed pretty straightforward. I spent most of the match kind of dealing with tops, lazers and tilts during the neutral game. Spaced a lot of my ground game around R.O.B., tried to use a lot of dash grabs and dash sheilds and then grabs in order to not get ***** and such. I didn't have to worry too much about gimps or anything as I recall not getting harrassed too often offstage until the last stock where I got baited into trying to land on the Smashville platform and getting back-aired. Lost one stock, high %.
- Game Two (vs Fox) Battlefield [L]
This was... an odd matchup. He switched to Fox willingly after game one. Even theoretically it seemed pretty easy, but I found myself getting spaced out by backairs (it seems like it has a good amount of stun and pushback on sheild) and maybe got ftilts locks off all of two times... and I dropped one of them. Instead of just finishing them, I went for a lot of ftilt x2 or so to nair, fair and whatnot. Felt like I missed a good amount of gimp opportunities off stage, but OS's spacing was really good and this is a new MU for me. I went down on stocks really early, but brought it back to last stock around mid %'s on him.

Round 2 (Losers R1):
vs Sovereign
- Game One (vs Marth) Battlefield [W]
This actually started pretty normal for the first couple of seconds... and then I gimped Sov/he gimped himself at like 30% and I went up a stock really early. The rest of the match played through with us trying to bait out each other, I caught him sleeping a lot while he was trying to bait me and he allowed me to roll through him more than he probably should have. The biggest thing I kind of noticed was that I used all of my options trying to get off the ledge and successfully got on the stage when I needed so I hadn't gotten hit too hard then. High %, Two stock victory.
- Game Two (vs Marth) Battlefield [L]
Went kind of the same way as described above, but he started to punish my reappearing spotdodge habit with grab baits, got of a lot more DB that I wasn't able to punish. I remember getting grabbed from 0% a bunch to eat some tips from a few throws. He successfully baited more of my rolls when I got too jumpy and decided not to wait and I also remember not getting as many grabs on him as I had before. Mid %, one stock loss.
- Game Three (vs Marth) Battleship Halberd [W]
It actually took me a bit to think about where to take him. Sov banned FD and iirc Green Greens? I decided on Halberd mostly because I felt like I didn't have to worry about getting gimped all that much and that the open edges would hinder his recovery a lot more than mine. I got off to a good start and gimped him off of a ftilt fair da string and tried to ride the momentum doing the same things that worked in the other games, but he was pretty freaking clutch. Kept it close from a sizable stock and % lead. I'd been up about a stock and a half and he brought it back before I was able to kill him at 208 with a Dsmash.

Round 3 (Losers R2):
vs Suyon
- Game One (vs Pit) Battlefield [L]
This isn't exactly an unfamiliar matchup for me. I've played Suyon before (pools and friendlies) and there was another Pit name Blade that was down at OU. Surprisingly, we went back and forth for a bit before he took a commanding lead. He took first stock on stage with an fsmash that I couldn't DI enough to live and I got it back with a bthrow bair before he gimped my second stock with arrows and a ledgehog. I brought it back by gimping his second stock at 50 and had to fight my way back from about a 70% deficit. Game one ended when he hit me with a fresh ftilt on a ledge get up (>100).
- Game Two (vs Pit) Pokemon Stadium 1 [L]
Now that I think about it, I don't know why I took him here. I did really well the first stock until the rock transformation hit... and made my first really dumb decision of the tournament. I thought "hey, free gimp" since I watched how he was moving on that edge and went down to get him. I almost got him... only to get gimped myself. Panicking a bit, I tried again and killed him... only to fail to recover because of the lip of the stage. Got him to high % on my last stock but couldn't finish and I was put out. Needless to say, I derped.

I ended up placing 17th. Outside of my very last game where I lost my focus, every game I lost in tournament was close and I contested in all of them. I got people saying that I improved dramatically and I felt like it. I finally hit the zone where my focus was near it's best and it paid off throughout the entire day. I came up with some nasty gimps on Wolf too when Lumi and I were playing friendlies later.

MM wise though, I didn't fare too well. Using Sheik:
$2 MM: vs Hilt (Game Two - Battlefield) [L] I got bodied, lol. I kept it close with my Mario game one, as it's the MU I'm a ton more comfortable with, but Hilt's too good. I got three stocked, lol. Just gonna play Mario for this one, I think.
$2 MM: vs Sorasin {Who placed 4th at this tourney}
Game One: Battlefield [L]
Game Two: Frigate Orpheon [L]

Both games were close-ish, but I felt like he had momentum the entire time. I was close and nearly gimped his Falco numerous times, but could never quite get it. Jab kind of ****ed me up all kind of ways and oddly enough, I found it kinda hard to land... even with the help of platforms. Both of them were one stock losses. First game mid percents, second stock low percent.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I've been telling people for a while, peach isn't that bad for sheik =p

she's on that always hovering at dacus sweet spot status
Not when you have good turnip game then floating is barely needed. Heh

But Ed did amazing this tournament. I stepped up my turnip and bair game in losers. But me and ed was getting on that tired mid tier status. The lyfe of a princess main. :(

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Was there anything recorded of that match?(or Sheik vs Peach in general between you guys)

It's a... rather weird one that I'd like to get used to, but I've felt that slugging through it with Pit helps a bit better.

Top Bottom