• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Sheik Strategy & QnA

Cia

das kwl
Falcon ***** me :(

i practically 0 - death tech chased Scar for 11 straight stocks in our set, but he still beat me :cry:

i ****in hate falcon. /endrant

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Hooray I can perfectly do it now. I wish I could test this out on a Fox nairing. I'll just have to wait for this weekend.

Also, I can perfectly wd onto the stage 1/3 of the time w/ Sheik. Hooray. :D

Pivoting ftilt is so ridiculously hard. *keeps testing/reading Magus's guide*

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Pivot F-tilt is not as good as doing consistent regrab tech chase and ****** people from single grabs because of reaction time homosexuality.

edit: Also, something you should remember to do when testing, is to be able to vary the spot where you're beating the Firefox. Hitting with the disjointed bit is essential.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Hooray I can perfectly do it now. I wish I could test this out on a Fox nairing. I'll just have to wait for this weekend.

Also, I can perfectly wd onto the stage 1/3 of the time w/ Sheik. Hooray. :D

Pivoting ftilt is so ridiculously hard. *keeps testing/reading Magus's guide*
GO TO SPOC

/advertisement

I wanna sheeeeeeeik ditto moar :bee:

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Tec0: When is that? Lol. Also link to thread plox. We didn't play nearly enough at my tournament. :(

KK, don't you mean pivot ftilt>grab>**** them with techchase because of reaction time homosexuality? :D

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I bet you do. ;) But yeah, pivot ftilt looks pretty when you get it.

Just to be clear, perfect waveland onto stage from edge w/ sheik= you got a little bit of a glow to you(for minuscule amount of time) and you don't make that moan/whoosh sound when you land, right?

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
I'll talk with Mogwai/Trade/etc. Hopefully we can go. I do love that Wawa's and I haven't been to one in a while. I need a teammate though. :( You're teaming with Vanz/Reno like usual right?

Browser>Mcfox's

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Just to be clear, perfect waveland onto stage from edge w/ sheik= you got a little bit of a glow to you(for minuscule amount of time) and you don't make that moan/whoosh sound when you land, right?
The glow is essential

The no sound is essential

Distance is pretty much meh

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Then I'm doing it right... 1/2 of the time now!!! By next week I'll have it down pat... hopefully lol.

KK sig is top tier

Also, congrats on that tournament. Way to **** people and stuff.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
I'm really good at tech chasing, but for some reason when my opponent techs, all I can think of is dsmash. Against the really good people like Zhu, if I jab him when he doesn't tech my dthrow, he rolls somewhere, and I can only follow it less than half of the time.

So my question is: What is the best thing to do against a fast faller who doesn't tech your dthrow?

Deus_Vult

Smash Rookie
Is Samus' down throw --> Fsmash/Dash-attack/Nair a guaranteed combo?

Is there anyway to get out of it untouched?

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I'm really good at tech chasing, but for some reason when my opponent techs, all I can think of is dsmash. Against the really good people like Zhu, if I jab him when he doesn't tech my dthrow, he rolls somewhere, and I can only follow it less than half of the time.

So my question is: What is the best thing to do against a fast faller who doesn't tech your dthrow?
If you're out of range of a get up attack, you can just wait for him to roll or get up and grab that. That, or you can just dash attack him.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Frame-wise, there is enough time to Jab to cover the chance they non-tech and still hit the roll perfectly (or at least that's what Europhoria told me M2K does). I think doing so makes it harder than just learning how to react fast but whatever.

On Falco I find it easy sometimes to do the Drephen thing and WD in the direction of their DI but I'm weird like that. It makes the timings for regrab on certain techs easier to hit and I'm pretty sure with boost grab you can still get them if they try to get as far away as possible.

But for an actual answer to your question, U-smash is pretty nasty if you know for fact they will not tech your D-throw. If they DI away, Dash Attack is also awesome.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
usually what I do is dthrow>wavedash to follow DI>follow tech>grab

does the jabbing to cover all options work at low percents, like if you grab fox at 0% and dthrow?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

does the jabbing to cover all options work at low percents, like if you grab fox at 0% and dthrow?
I think the idea is that you just jab at them on the off chance they miss the tech (no WD) and if they tech or whatever there's still enough time to regrab them if you did it right.

But I really don't know about this one because I just react and it seems to serve me fine.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
In 2005 they did.

I'm not sure who wins but I think it's pretty even overall, probably giving Sheik a slight advantage but I'm not entirely convinced on that one either but that seems to be the consensus with people who play ICs a lot so I'd go with that.

Brookman

Smash Hero
It's more difficult for sheik to seperate the IC's and deal with their CC and wavedash speeds. On the other hand, her needles are fantastic against their recovery. Back throwing nana (should you ever find her alone) can easily make popo a lonely man.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
A single Ice Climber can chaingrab you to like 60 though. :(

Also, Witching, it's not really a guide as it is those 3 posts in the "We <3 Magus420" thread which I found through you. XD Ironic.

Binx

Smash Master
Spawn a single Ice Climber can't grab you though =)

I'd say it would be even if Sheik didn't have needles. But because she does have needles, I'll let you in on the secret, camp. Also don't use forward tilts when ICs are below 30%.

soap

Smash Hero

whenever i do jab nontechs at low percents i just charge an usmash.

i think it's impossible to roll until like 40 even if they are holding a direction

Binx

Smash Master
I would rather regrab though, opportunity for more damage, I try and keep the tech chase going on as long as possible, around 80% I start going for a dash attack instead of a grab so I can fair and set up for edgeguarding, something mango does is a dair sometimes instead of a fair after a dash attack, its pretty hot.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
You only need him at like 50 or 60 to look for d-smash / dash attack fair or whatever to kill.

Tech chasing for too long can be stupid and lose you games.

soap

Smash Hero
I would rather regrab though, opportunity for more damage, I try and keep the tech chase going on as long as possible, around 80% I start going for a dash attack instead of a grab so I can fair and set up for edgeguarding, something mango does is a dair sometimes instead of a fair after a dash attack, its pretty hot.
i personally suck at consistent tech chasing and take the guaranteed damage of a charged usmash when i can get it.

plus u can tech chase that too. they usually cc and it breaks the cc and i sometimes jab again and get another usmash in.

Top Bottom