• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member

This reminds me of the deadspace between September 14th and November 1st/2nd from last year. Though with a lot less tin foil because we used up like 90% of the tin foil in 2018 for all our conspiracy theories.
You know there was aluminum foil as well

Dukefire

Smash Master
That I can agree. There are still conspiracies covered with tin foil.

Like the S.M.A.S.H acronym or rainbow color theory

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
You know there was aluminum foil as well
I mean, yeah, but that was made more for baked potatoes, not baked conspiracy theories. :p There's still about 15% of the original aluminum foil stockpile left.

That I can agree. There are still conspiracies covered with tin foil.

Like the S.M.A.S.H acronym or rainbow color theory
In all fairness to us, that's not our supply of tin foil wrapping those up. It's someone else's stockpile.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This reminds me of the deadspace between September 14th and November 1st/2nd from last year. Though with a lot less tin foil because we used up like 90% of the tin foil in 2018 for all our conspiracy theories.
On the bright side, there's less chance for another Grinch leak this time, seeing as FP is almost filled and we don't know how much's coming next. Also, a certain Shantae supporter that's not a thread regular I won't name that made us look bad on the Ultimate social, but mum's the word on that one.

There's gonna need to be more tinfoil bought if the amiibo theory dies again on November.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I mean, yeah, but that was made more for baked potatoes, not baked conspiracy theories. :p There's still about 15% of the original aluminum foil stockpile left.
That explains a lot

Anyhow I remember the good ol days on here during the sep 14/nov 1 drought when I was obsessed with her getting in. I didn’t want to see steve make it in. and the box theory was a thing that got on my nerves. Good times!:laugh:

I also remember the thanos Patrick pp I had. I think I’m gonna use it again for a while lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
That explains a lot

Anyhow I remember the good ol days on here during the sep 14/nov 1 drought when I was obsessed with her getting in. I didn’t want to see steve make it in. and the box theory was a thing that got on my nerves. Good times!:laugh:

I also remember the thanos Patrick pp I had. I think I’m gonna use it again for a while lol!
Back when the word of Verge was the Gospel Truth, so to speak. Mean, that isn't to say he didn't make accurate predictions or even got legitimate leak information, but that's all that was: leaks that only worked up to a certain date and predictions.

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
So based on canonical powers, who would Shantae be able to beat in a fight out of the Smash Cast?

We know's she's atleast able to tank town/city level destructive forces given her fight with the Pirate Master. and she can run at hypersonic speeds fast enough to run on lava unharmed and dodge lightning.

Dukefire

Smash Master
She can beat a good chunk, but ones that have more experience, skills, abilities and/or magic power can stop Shantae since she is still hotheaded for one.

Examples would be Zelda, Sonic, Mario, Bayonetta, and Robin

Bayonetta- a witch proficient in magic, fighting and slowing time. Not much the Half Genie can counter that.
Mario- has dealt with magic users before and has more experience and power with all the adventures he faced.
Sonic- Like Mario, has plenty of experience in his adventures and against Magic (faced a Djinn and assisted by a True Genie in the Secret Rings). Plus his speed is WAY faster then what Shantae can react to.
Zelda- While Link is the one for most credit in the timelines, Zelda has magic with the assistance of the Triforce of Wisdom to stop the forces of evil.
Robin- He/She as a tactician can plan out three steps ahead and while the magic and weapon supply is limited by item's durability, can still outsmart Shantae.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
So based on canonical powers, who would Shantae be able to beat in a fight out of the Smash Cast?

We know's she's atleast able to tank town/city level destructive forces given her fight with the Pirate Master. and she can run at hypersonic speeds fast enough to run on lava unharmed and dodge lightning.
It depends on the situation at hand, because Shantae has strengths and weakensses.
She is adept at transformation, self-healing, destroying, and utilizing elemental powers like fire and lightning to her advantage. However, she mainly fights with her magic and hair, and while she's able to utilize a scimitar in combat, her swordplay skills pale to a swordmaster like Link or just a brute like Ganondorf, who could club her with his massive sword. Also, the feat of her running on lava is only possible with Risky's Boots, and the speed she goes at is more akin to Samus' Speed Booster than supersonic speed. That being said, she also was able to defeat the Pirate Master with assistance from Risky Boots, so there could be a possible kryptonite factor with her light magic against more dark magic beings, like Ganondorf. But if we're going by absolute strongest feats, Shantae's more at the mid tier area. She has a lot of strength behind her, but Ganon's immortality to stuff that's not Master Swords, Samus' uncanny ability to destroy planets to take out a big bad, Mewtwo being able to actually control the weather by threatening all life with a super hurricane, and Kirby being the eldritch horror to other eldritch horrors despite being a cuddly boy, Shantae is mundane, but definitely strong in comparison.
Also, Dukefire has a point. Strength, at the end of it all, goes back not just to physical and mystical might, but also experience accumulated over the years.

I have to also add in all these things as well:
Pit and Dark Pit: They are adept marksman with Staffs and their Bows. If not to take her out at range, they can split their bows into two separate short swords and out-ravage her scimitar defenses.
Palutena: Actually a Greek Goddess. She may not have done much in the course of Kid Icarus, but you can't just underestimate someone whose direct influence is Athena, the Greek Goddess of War and Wisdom.
Ganondorf: She may have a chance if he's weak to her light magic, but if not, he's immortal. Even then, the Triforce of Power can allow him to just pulverize her if she gets too close to him unless he's stunned by a powerful artifact like the Arrows of Light or arrows fired from a Bow of Light.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
She can easily match with :ultwario:, with or without immortality. Both are also experienced adventurers that can have their forms changed to adapt to the situation.

If the guy can't beat her, I'd say it's a pretty even match, all things considered.

Back when the word of Verge was the Gospel Truth, so to speak. Mean, that isn't to say he didn't make accurate predictions or even got legitimate leak information, but that's all that was: leaks that only worked up to a certain date and predictions.
Of course, this has led to speculation being detrimental as anyone speaking against anyone related to him (Hitagi, Xenother) was immediately shut down. Really a sad example of how sheep-like some part of the fanbase are at times.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Going by that reasoning, there'd be no reason to bother with online discussion at that point. You just vote quietly on the ballot or ask Nintendo's e-mail/Twitter, and ignore everyone else. There's tons of people that do that, I'd bet.
You bet. It was that silent majority group of people that got Bayonetta and a Castlevania rep in Smash. Sakurai said Bayonetta and Castlevania most notably Alucard did extremely well in the Smash Ballot.

That explains a lot

Back when most of us were obsessing over what we thought was Smash references in Pajama Mode in Half-Genie Hero. Lol! Good times.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
The real problem is that Sakurai has shown that a main characters trumps a more interesting/diverse character. The SNK partnership would have been the perfect opportunity to add a female fighter, since they are a company that is famous for having a lot of popular female characters in their games (and have often marketed themselves as such) and yet we still got milquetoast Terry because he is the main character.

I don't know anything about Soul Caliber, so I can't say who is considered the main character, but I can say that if Ivy isn't it, then sadly she wouldn't get added.

As sad as that is, it actually is a feather in our girl's cap. I mean when you narrow down the field to female characters who are also the main character for their series, she suddenly has a lot less competition (tho the competition remaining is still formidable)
I think Shantae's biggest competition for this kind of thing is Jill from Resident Evil.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Ah, so it's Death Battle speculation time?

It'd be easier to list the fighters she definitely can't beat: :ultbayonetta::ultshulk::ultpalutena::ultmewtwo: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus:and maybe :ultganondorf:(depends on if Triforce of Power is present). They wield indisputable power (especially in cutscenes) that match, or actually are, godly might. Or they're just plain very seasoned warriors who are very tough to put down.

It depends on the situation at hand, because Shantae has strengths and weakensses.
She is adept at transformation, self-healing, destroying, and utilizing elemental powers like fire and lightning to her advantage. However, she mainly fights with her magic and hair, and while she's able to utilize a scimitar in combat, her swordplay skills pale to a swordmaster like Link or just a brute like Ganondorf, who could club her with his massive sword. Also, the feat of her running on lava is only possible with Risky's Boots, and the speed she goes at is more akin to Samus' Speed Booster than supersonic speed. That being said, she also was able to defeat the Pirate Master with assistance from Risky Boots, so there could be a possible kryptonite factor with her light magic against more dark magic beings, like Ganondorf. But if we're going by absolute strongest feats, Shantae's more at the mid tier area. She has a lot of strength behind her, but Ganon's immortality to stuff that's not Master Swords, Samus' uncanny ability to destroy planets to take out a big bad, Mewtwo being able to actually control the weather by threatening all life with a super hurricane, and Kirby being the eldritch horror to other eldritch horrors despite being a cuddly boy, Shantae is mundane, but definitely strong in comparison.
Also, Dukefire has a point. Strength, at the end of it all, goes back not just to physical and mystical might, but also experience accumulated over the years.

I have to also add in all these things as well:
Pit and Dark Pit: They are adept marksman with Staffs and their Bows. If not to take her out at range, they can split their bows into two separate short swords and out-ravage her scimitar defenses.
Palutena: Actually a Greek Goddess. She may not have done much in the course of Kid Icarus, but you can't just underestimate someone whose direct influence is Athena, the Greek Goddess of War and Wisdom.
Ganondorf: She may have a chance if he's weak to her light magic, but if not, he's immortal. Even then, the Triforce of Power can allow him to just pulverize her if she gets too close to him unless he's stunned by a powerful artifact like the Arrows of Light or arrows fired from a Bow of Light.
Name me one time Samus blows up a planet with nothing but her own firepower. If Samus wins this, it's just because she's a far more experienced warrior and her Power Suit being too tough to breach. Conversely Dark Samus is much less experienced, but the sheer power of her Phazon is such only a fight fire with fire strategy can beat her, and that requires mechanical assistance to do even semi-safely.

Kirby is weird. His track record should indicate that he's stronger than everyone else in the roster, but this power only seems to manifest in die-or-fly situations. Unless Kirby has a really good reason to fight her, I don't see him pulling out the might that lets challenge gods. He has "limitless potential", but that doesn't mean he has access to it at all times. Though admittedly, it doesn't take that much more than something like the promise of cake to motivate him...

The Pits look more impressive than they actually are since most of the time we see them in action, they have a goddess backing them up that augment their abilities, voluntarily or not. Without them they are just tough warriors by human standards with a weapon made by a god. Their pure skill, reflexes and experience are definitely points in their favour, but Shantae has a more diverse set of abilities readily available.

Zelda- While Link is the one for most credit in the timelines, Zelda has magic with the assistance of the Triforce of Wisdom to stop the forces of evil.
Robin- He/She as a tactician can plan out three steps ahead and while the magic and weapon supply is limited by item's durability, can still outsmart Shantae.
Too bad Shantae isn't evil in the slightest. Also, we don't speculate these fights expecting the fighters to know everything there is to know about the other, so Robin doesn't really have "three steps" to work with. He's still smart enough to think on the fly for sure, but Shantae's dance magic is beyond anything Robin has ever seen, even with both taguel and manaketes in Ylisse, on top of Shantae's own magic spells.

Sysreq

Smash Ace

Also, we don't speculate these fights expecting the fighters to know everything there is to know about the other, so Robin doesn't really have "three steps" to work with. He's still smart enough to think on the fly for sure, but Shantae's dance magic is beyond anything Robin has ever seen, even with both taguel and manaketes in Ylisse, on top of Shantae's own magic spells.
Normally I find these power arguments a little silly lol, but I disagree with this assessment of Robin and tacticians in general.

Even if Robin hasn't seen her dance magic before, he won't just be blindsided by it. If you're facing a foe you know nothing about, you approach cautiously and bait out what you can to learn more about them. Since Shantae is not as intelligent, she might start the fight throwing out a spell or closing the gap with an animal transformation like the elephant or monkey. That instantly gives Robin information that his foe can cast magic or that they can transform into an animal. If she runs at Robin, he can toss out a spell to force her hand in some way, which she also doesn't know he has magic. Lack of knowledge goes both ways. Keeping her in the dark about his abilities is an easy way to get the advantage in a fight and Robin is smart enough to know that.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Normally I find these power arguments a little silly lol, but I disagree with this assessment of Robin and tacticians in general.

Even if Robin hasn't seen her dance magic before, he won't just be blindsided by it. If you're facing a foe you know nothing about, you approach cautiously and bait out what you can to learn more about them. Since Shantae is not as intelligent, she might start the fight throwing out a spell or closing the gap with an animal transformation like the elephant or monkey. That instantly gives Robin information that his foe can cast magic or that they can transform into an animal. If she runs at Robin, he can toss out a spell to force her hand in some way, which she also doesn't know he has magic. Lack of knowledge goes both ways. Keeping her in the dark about his abilities is an easy way to get the advantage in a fight and Robin is smart enough to know that.
It doesn't hurt Robin's case that for the most part, Shantae's opponents usually are monsters, they aren't against humans aside from Risky Boots or on the rare occasion the more human-like Barons. Whereas for Robin, sure a lot of his opponents are humans, but he can fight against such lovely opponents like Grima if given enough knowledge about it.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

Even if Robin hasn't seen her dance magic before, he won't just be blindsided by it. If you're facing a foe you know nothing about, you approach cautiously and bait out what you can to learn more about them. Since Shantae is not as intelligent, she might start the fight throwing out a spell or closing the gap with an animal transformation like the elephant or monkey. That instantly gives Robin information that his foe can cast magic or that they can transform into an animal. If she runs at Robin, he can toss out a spell to force her hand in some way, which shld the goode also doesn't know he has magic. Lack of knowledge goes both ways. Keeping her in the dark about his abilities is an easy way to get the advantage in a fight and Robin is smart enough to know that.
Why would the good-hearted Shantae's first instinct when fighting another human be to trample over him as an elephant? And when is transforming your first reaction to anything, unless it's clear what you're up against can't be harmed by human means?

I wasn't making any assertation on the outcome, just making a point about lack of info for both sides like you are. But I doubt Shantae show her esoteric hand so soon in the fight, not necessarily out of pragmatism but just because fighting (emphasis on fighting) as a human is what she's most comfortable with, and that form is the best suited for the purpose. Her transformations are mainly just used for mobility or creating openings.

Sunny-Zee

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one who didn't like having to sacrifice cute baby squids for my health upgrades?..
No, you’re not. Fridge horror bites sometimes. Maybe that’s why they wrote her introduction that way...

Also, does anyone think Shantae’s face looks a little bit like surprised :ultpikachu:? This guy certainly thinks so.
And now, another piece of Shantae fan art.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

It'd be easier to list the fighters she definitely can't beat: :ultbayonetta::ultshulk::ultpalutena::ultmewtwo: :ultsamus::ultdarksamus:and maybe :ultganondorf:(depends on if Triforce of Power is present). They wield indisputable power (especially in cutscenes) that match, or actually are, godly might. Or they're just plain very seasoned warriors who are very tough to put down.
I think if Shantae couldn't beat Samus or Dark Samus, she couldn't beat Ridley either since he is a beast that even Samus struggles with taking down.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is it me or has it been too long since a "leak" has gotten traction?

I guess no one randomly guessed Joker, DQ Hero, Banjo AND Terry Bogard all in the one go.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Is it me or has it been too long since a "leak" has gotten traction?

I guess no one randomly guessed Joker, DQ Hero, Banjo AND Terry Bogard all in the one go.
While I don't have the sources, there is a couple of leaks that had Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, and Terry before some of them were revealed. In fact, there was one leak on GameFaqs that had all 4 of them in it as far back as December if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
While I don't have the sources, there is a couple of leaks that had Joker, Hero, Banjo & Kazooie, and Terry before some of them were revealed. In fact, there was one leak on GameFaqs that had all 4 of them in it as far back as December if I recall correctly.
Out of curiosity what were their #5 characters, if you can remember?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Both seem likely choices. Nintendo has a good relationship with Koei-Tecmo (even after making them do Other M) and Square is already on board.

I wonder how long until semi-reputable sources talk about fighters pass 2...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I think if Shantae couldn't beat Samus or Dark Samus, she couldn't beat Ridley either since he is a beast that even Samus struggles with taking down.
On paper that makes sense, but when I think of Ridley I think of Dagron who is similar to him in a lot of ways, and Shantae had no problem taking him down with only Pirate Gear. What makes Ridley challenging for Samus is his much greater skill in close combat, having the speed needed to get there and his monstrous strength that can let him tear through the Power Suit's defences faster than Samus can blast him into submission. Who wins in a fight bewteen them tends to come down to who is better at dodging, and Shantae can be plenty evasive with her monkey and harpy transformations.

No, you’re not. Fridge horror bites sometimes. Maybe that’s why they wrote her introduction that way...
We are hunters, and that means we sacrifice the life of other creatures so that we may survive. The only thing you can do is give proper respect to the creatures you've slain that made it possible.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Who knows. Honestly, I think certain credible leakers and insiders know more than they let on. I'm certain a lot of people behind the scenes already know who fighter #5 is.
Do you figure that Wal-Mart of all people might know it? They started a poll recently.

While they may not be privy to sensitive info (especially after releasing THE LATEST AMIIBO WAVE ahead of schedule), it's still interesting to see how far Smash influence went.

In any case, most of the Geno fans are never going to trust riddles guy again after the starling apparently amounted to Terry, so they wouldn't believe him even if Sabi relied on him again instead of VRPlant.

Both seem likely choices. Nintendo has a good relationship with Koei-Tecmo (even after making them do Other M) and Square is already on board.

I wonder how long until semi-reputable sources talk about fighters pass 2...
I would laugh if, in the same breathd as Ryu's reveal, they'd kick off the second batch with Linkle.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
On paper that makes sense, but when I think of Ridley I think of Dagron who is similar to him in a lot of ways, and Shantae had no problem taking him down with only Pirate Gear. What makes Ridley challenging for Samus is his much greater skill in close combat, having the speed needed to get there and his monstrous strength that can let him tear through the Power Suit's defences faster than Samus can blast him into submission. Who wins in a fight bewteen them tends to come down to who is better at dodging, and Shantae can be plenty evasive with her monkey and harpy transformations.
Thing is though Ridley isn't your avenge beast he is really, REALLY smart and intelligent. Ridley doesn't kill people because he doesn't know better, he kills people for fun and soaks it in with joy.

Do you figure that Wal-Mart of all people might know it? They started a poll recently.

While they may not be privy to sensitive info (especially after releasing THE LATEST AMIIBO WAVE ahead of schedule), it's still interesting to see how far Smash influence went.

In any case, most of the Geno fans are never going to trust riddles guy again after the starling apparently amounted to Terry, so they wouldn't believe him even if Sabi relied on him again instead of VRPlant.
Holy ****! They might know, I don't know lol! It's very interesting though that Walmart is acknowledging Geno. Maybe they do know something...

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I partially blame that mindset on neophytes not being familiar with the concept of character collectibles in Smash. To them, further first-party characters being playable is seen as likely as a Nintendog or the chef from Personal Trainer: Cooking.

Also, Sakurai more or less comparing spirits to playing make-believe with toys you don't actually own, something he hasn't stated before for similar collectibles in earlier installments, which got taken as gospel. He did also say that spirits can be returned to the real world, so that may be a tease for something...
You know, this brings up something I've been considering... in the event that Spirits end up being Promoted to Playable, maybe the reveal trailers for said Spirit characters could kick off with the spirit getting revived just before their tagline comes up.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
The one thing that bugs me the most about Filin is that we don't see her ears. That's the one thing that proves without a doubt that you're a half-genie.
There's three possibilities for Fillin's identity at this point:

1. She's Rottytops masquerading as a half-genie. But she's acting uncharacteristically nervous for something you'd think she'd do for s***** and giggles. Could she have been coerced if this was the case?
  2. She's a random zombie girl, who's not a half-genie either. Probably assumed the guise to avoid harassment for being a zombie, and is now very fearful of it being broken.
  3. She's every bit the zombie half-genie she claims to be, but faced prejudice for being a zombie anyway, thus making her very nervous around humans.
Thing is though Ridley isn't your avenge beast he is really, REALLY smart and intelligent. Ridley doesn't kill people because he doesn't know better, he kills people for fun and soaks it in with joy.
Yes, and so does the Pirate Master. Your point? It also means there's no reason for Shantae to hold back either.

Now, there's something else I'm wondering about Seven Sirens...

According to the account of someone who played part 1, the game takes place almost entirely underground (whether all of that is the Sunken City remains to be seen). Not only does this make the game feel even more like Metroid, it makes me wonder if there are some juicy secrets about Sequin Land's past to be found...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yes, and so does the Pirate Master. Your point? It also means there's no reason for Shantae to hold back either.
But wait, I thought you misspelled dragon when you said "but when I think of Ridley I think of Dagron who is similar to him in a lot of ways, and Shantae had no problem taking him down with only Pirate Gear."? I thought you were talking about that dragon boss in the underworld level.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One thing I just thought about; what if genies used to get sacrificed to appease the Sirens ruling over the island, and the half-genies present are their latest offering?

So many possible directions that can be taken with the backstory. Although granted it still wouldn't explain Shantae being left behind because of protagonist privilege...

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
One thing I just thought about; what if genies used to get sacrificed to appease the Sirens ruling over the island, and the half-genies present are their latest offering?

So many possible directions that can be taken with the backstory.
If that's the case I bet Risky will be like "No one is taking down that half-genie brat but me!"

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
But wait, I thought you misspelled dragon when you said "but when I think of Ridley I think of Dagron who is similar to him in a lot of ways, and Shantae had no problem taking him down with only Pirate Gear."? I thought you were talking about that dragon boss in the underworld level.
Unrelated. Dagron has a similar fighting style to Ridley with fast flying, fire breath and tail attacks, and Pirate Master has his cruel, sadistic nature. The point is Shantae is no stranger to fighting enemies with these qualities.

So many possible directions that can be taken with the backstory. Although granted it still wouldn't explain Shantae being left behind because of protagonist privilege...
Those genies would have to be absolute saints to keep wanting to protect humanity after that. But surely there'd be some documentation of it happening if this was a regular occurrence (one of the half-genies, Vera, lives on that island for crying out loud).

The only thing that would make sense as to why Shantae was left alone would be her being a literal "who?" on that island, which doesn't seem to be the case. There could also be a sillier reason in that the entire reason is just her being a second late on her cue during the show, causing the most likely robotic kidnapper with very specific programming to ignore her.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Unrelated. Dagron has a similar fighting style to Ridley with fast flying, fire breath and tail attacks, and Pirate Master has his cruel, sadistic nature. The point is Shantae is no stranger to fighting enemies with these qualities.
When you put it that way I guess that makes sense.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord

Those genies would have to be absolute saints to keep wanting to protect humanity after that. But surely there'd be some documentation of it happening if this was a regular occurrence (one of the half-genies, Vera, lives on that island for crying out loud).

The only thing that would make sense as to why Shantae was left alone would be her being a literal "who?" on that island, which doesn't seem to be the case. There could also be a sillier reason in that the entire reason is just her being a second late on her cue during the show, causing the most likely robotic kidnapper with very specific programming to ignore her.
The difference between Dagron and Ridley makes it such that in comparison, while still a killer, Dagron is more like a baby dragon compared to Ridley. He can go fairly fast, has flamethrower breath and a flail for a tail, but Ridley can go ridiculously fast and smear you all over the pavement, stab you with his sharp tail, and breathe out great balls of fire. Plus, Ridley just will not die, even when he officially died when Zebes blew up, he still refused to die in spirit. That's something not even our mispelled goofy dragon boss can say about his being.

Also, a moment of zen. Squid Baron calls Shantae his "best, beautiful, tomboy woman".

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Side note: Still can't belive we got a Homestar Runner Reference as a boss fight that isn't a Trogdor knockoff

Top Bottom