• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
Especially if the Apple version is the only one that's released this year before the other ones. This whole thing has been weird from the start.
Not that I consider this to be a horrifically bad fate (Hell, it beats being Activision or EA's beating bag), though I hope that WF can stay independent and not turn into a Mouth of Sauron for Apple.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Not that I consider this to be a horrifically bad fate (Hell, it beats being Activision or EA's beating bag), though I hope that WF can stay independent and not turn into a Mouth of Sauron for Apple.
Apple doesn't strike me as particularly vested in gaming, so I don't see why they would go to such lengths when they have many profitable divisions to fall back on.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice

Was that so hard to just say right away, Wayforward?

EDIT:

See, I feel a lot better now. I'm glad they didn't wait too long to communicate details.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Apple doesn't strike me as particularly vested in gaming, so I don't see why they would go to such lengths when they have many profitable divisions to fall back on.
I think you're right, though that's still something I'm considering because with what a super-large company like Disney's been doing, I'm admittedly paranoid about possible movements to acquire companies just for their most profitable franchise. Though that's more EA's alley than anything else.

D

Deleted member

So i just wanted to do a fun little post.... ok little is a lie. I was thinking, if sakurai truely was going to go all out, push the limits of the game, and truely make this is magnum opus, like it sounds like he wants to do, what if kept adding fighters till it hit 100?

So, right now we need 21 more characters to reach 100(Terry will be 79). I feel like Spirits will be upgraded, as well as some Mii costumes. I also think 2 AT have a possibilty of being upgraded as well. very low chance but its there due to popularity. I also think we can get 4 echo fighters as well, as they are easier to make and some popular picks are best as echos.

I won't be doing my top wanting order(save for the first) but will include their number and echo number it its an echo fighter. i am going to do the order 3rd party, third party, 1st party, echo. Or at least try to do it that way till there are no more echos.

80. Shantae. I feel an Indie rep is happening, and Shantae is the top contender right now(one other as well but the are also on the list). She brings a very unique playstyle, and she is very popular.

81. Ryu Hyabusa. The last great NES game that needs to be repped. Techmo Koei is also very close to nintendo and has made a lot of games with nintendo IP's. so a fighter from them seems very likely.

82. Rex and Pyra. Sakurai himself stated that if their game was just a little eariler, they would have been in the base game. That pretty much tells me they will be a playable fighter. Rex and Pyra playing as a tag team combo like in XC2 Torna expansion would be the most ideal. Not sure how to also include Mythra in this though, maybe Pyra transforms into mythra, but then that may just get super complicated haha.

83. Ms Pac Man(55e) I am honestly surprised Ms Pac Man isn't an echo already. She is one of the most famous female characters, and out sold Pac man world wide. Makes a lot of sense as an echo. They could be a straight up clone like peach vs daisy, or have very slight tweaks like Marth and Lucina.

84. Doomslayer. The Grandaddy of the FPS genre and strong ties to nintendo's history as well. with all the doom games going to be one switch soon, it makes sense they would be in smash too. I also used to think he would be too gory for smash, and removing that would take away from his identity, but i think it could work. I mean we have a chain saw sword already in the game, and guns, so it could work.

85. Geno. Gonna just say this is a 3rd party even though its more like a shared ownership or something odd. Geno just makes sense and will be happening at some point. Could even see it as the last fighter of the fighters pass.

86. Medusa(54e). I think we need more villains playable, and a female villain is even better. Medusa would be a great Palutena echo, even changing the down B to be the old Heavenly light custom move from the last game. so she would be more like a chrom style echo. Mostly the same moves except for 1.

87. Rayman. Ubisoft and Nintendo are quite close over the years, Rayman has been very highly requested, is a famous character, plus was already a trophy back in the last game. we know sakurai knows the demand is there, so I think its very likely to see him coming.

88. Crash. Another highly requested character, but also has a veryimportant tie in the gaming history. He was the sony mascot back in the 90's console wars, and seeing him join smash would bring more of that rivalry back. Plus, just imaging his trailer being a remake of the original smash commercial, with the guys in suits, and then the crash guy in a suit just leaps in and starts fighting them.

89. Dixie Kong. I know she could also be considered for an Echo, but I think she would function better as a semi clone like Luigi or Isabelle. Sharing some base mores with Diddy kong but having a bunch of unique ones. Like she can have the same down B, but would have Donkey Kongs Up B, Maybe also use her guitar as her B move, and her side B could be a comand grab, simular to donkey kongs forward throw, she just grabs people with her ponytail and holds them above her head, and she can move and throw them at will.

90. Impa(16e). Impa is the last reoccuring Zelda character in the series, and would make complete sense to add to smash. I think she could be like shiek, but maybe hits harder and is slightly slower, or a more exact echo, as Impa is the one that taught Shiek. I would like either her OoT look, her SS look, or her Hyrule Warriors look. Hell, give us all three.

91. Reimu Hakurei. Touhou project is the biggest Indie/doujin game in japan, with even huge events just for it, and hundreds of games, both offical and fan made. I think this deserves to be representing into smash. Hell, imagine all the remixes of the songs we could get, maybe even done by profession touhou music circles. Both she and Shantae are the big 2 indie characters, one western and the other easter.

92. Tales of Rep(Llyod, Velvet, or one of the new ones). I feel Namco deserves another rep in smash, and really, Tales of is their massive series that has long and strong ties to Nintendo. Llyod is one of the most popular ones, plus his twin sword style would be very unique, maybe even have Collette assist him someone. Velvet is the last new one not counting the future game, and she uses melee fist combat so she wouldn't be another anime sword user, or they will pick one of the new Protags from the new game. Either way, Tales of deserves a representative.

93. Rhythm Girl. We know brawl had data for the chorus kids, and we saw rhythm heaven baddies in the last games smash run, so we know sakurai has looked into making them playable. I think RG would be the best way, as she is in a bunch of mini games, and is on the cover of most of the games. Plus she could incorperate many other characters into her moveset.

94. Octoling(64e) With how massive Splatoon is, it just makes sense to add another character into the game, and an echo with Octoling would be nice and simple, but also something people would want. they could function like Dark Pit to pit, having stronger attacks but be a bit slower.

95. Arle OR Lip. I think a Puzzle game rep would be very cool, and these 2 would be the best picks. I cannot decide who so I placed them together here. Arle is from Puyo Puyo, a long running famous Puzzle game, and would be another Sega rep which is nice because really only Sonic is only owned by them(Bayonetta is more Platinum games and Joker is more Atlus) and Puyo puyo is getting a resurgence. Lip though from Panel De Pon, a nintendo owned one, and her flower has been in the game since Melee. Either would be great picks but I see Arle being slightly more likely, though I want Lip a bit more.

96. Jill Valentine OR Pheonix Wright. I think we will see 1 more capcom character, and I feel these are the most likely. There are no horror game reps yet, and RE is the premire one, with Jill being one of the leading characters of the series. Likewise, the Ace atterny games are long running nintendo games, and Pheonix is so closely tied to nintendo and he is very popular. Either can happen.

97. Bandana Dee. Hugely Requested, and for that reason I see them making it in. Sakurai seems to be taking fan demand seriously so far, with how he is wording things.

98. Marina Lightyear from Mischief Makers OR Saki from Sin and Punishment. This is basically a Treasure rep. For awhile they were really big and popular, being a Japanese Wayforward, and they made such highly classic games like Gunstar Heroes. We already had Saki as an AT, so the knowledge of the company is there. Either could work well, with Saki being more likely as being co-developed by nintendo, but Marina i would like more because god damn it Mischief makers was such a god damn fun good game.

99. Nintendo Retro Rep. I think 1 retro rep that hasn't seen a game since the NES or SNES should be added. yes it may not drive sales or be highly requested, but it would be a fun DLC rep. My choices are Ayumi from Famicom Detective(which is getting an remake), Mike jones from Star tropics, Hikari and Donbe from Shin Onigashima, and Mach Rider from Mach Rider.

100. Waluigi OR Isaac. I said I see only 2 AT having any sort of chance being upgraded, but I really only see 1 AT being upgraded. Waluigi very popular, even if for Memeness, you cannot ignore how popular he is. he also could play with a mix of sports/party/kart items, and be a very tricky/cheating character. as for Isaac, also hugely popular, and Camelot really hasn't gotten much love in awhile. maybe this will help them make more golden sun games, or at least an HD remake of the first 2. Plus, I think having the final character be an AT upgrade would be a great way to reach 100 fighters, as they would be some truely fan demanded characters.

god this was a massive post haha.
Let me do one

#80-Shantae
#81-Lloyd Irving
#82-Byleth
#83-Geno
#84-Doomslayer
#85-Ryu Hayabusa
#86-Professor Layton
#87-Steve
#88-Sol Badguy
#89-Bandana Waddle Dee
#90-Leon Kennedy
#91-Rayman
#92-Stylux
#93-Poochy
#94-Bill Rizor
#95-Arel
#96-Elma
#97-Scorbunny Final Evolution
#98-Porky Minch
#99-Phoinex Wright
#100-Crash Bandicoot
Man that was long lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Arr crew, from someone that has played part 1 of the Seven Sirens.

The crew Risky has said this to Shantae:
There are seven sirens in total; five that rule over the surface above, one wretched siren that ran away... And a seventh one that the others never dare speak of

zferolie

Smash Hero
Here is my list:

#80. Goemon - (My most wanted) Probably the biggest Konami character not yet in Smash's roster, yet he does have a Mii costume. His Final Smash would be this giant Power Ranger type robot called Impact that would punch or shoot lazers at the other players on screen. How cool is that?!

#81. Shantae - Our gal who I feel is most worthy for the Indie slot along with Reimu.

#82. Krystal - (My most wanted Nintendo character) Yes, she is a Assist Trophy, but she would bring a very unique moveset with her staff and I would feel her inclusion would complete Star Fox's representation in the roster.

#83. Dixie Kong - I would like her as a unique fighter or semi-clone instead of a Echo like most other people are thinking. She would bring a unique moveset with her hair and I think she is one of the biggest omissions from the roster right now. Also, her inclusion would pretty much make DK's representation in the roster almost perfect.

#84. Porky Minch - He would be in his spider mech and we don't really have any mech fighters in Smash unless you count Bowser Jr. which I really don't. He would bring something completely new to the table and he would be another villain so brownie points for him. Plus, Mother is the biggest Nintendo franchise in Smash without a villain in the roster.

#85. Pig Ganon - Ganondorf is still somewhat a semi-clone of Captain Falcon so Pig Ganon is really the only way we are ever going to get a version of Ganon with a original moveset. Plus, he has been in more games than Ganondorf even though he is technically Ganondorf and if we can have 3 Links and 2 Zeldas in the roster, why not 2 Ganons?

#86. Zero - Another Assist Trophy on my list that I would love to see make it in. Zero would be such a cool character and all with his buster and his Z-saber. He could represent the X side of Megaman.

#87. Tron Bonne - Another mech fighter who would be incredibly unique and bring something completely new to the table. She could represent the Legends side of Megaman.

#88. Skull Kid - He would bring a unique moveset with using Majora's different transformations from his boss fight for parts of his moveset. Skull Kid would make the N64 Zelda representation perfect if he got in.

#89. Marina Liteyears - I loved Mischief Makers so of course I would love to see her in Smash. She would be a Treasure rep.

#90. Elma - She would be very unique with having guns and swords in her moveset. I would be especially thrilled for @Rie Sonomura if she got in.

#91. Medusa (Palutena Echo) - She would be a incredibly fun Echo with her snake her animation and all. She would give Kid Icarus a villain in the roster. I don't count Dark Pit as he is a anti hero.

#92. Metal Sonic (Sonic Echo) - I would love to have him as aSonic Echo plus he would bring Sonic a villain in the roster.

#93. Funky Kong (DK Echo) - He would be a cool Echo. They could give him his surfboard for his recovery and pretty much have everything else in his moveset be exactly like DK's. He would be so easy to make.

#94. Black Shadow (Captain Falcon Echo) - He would play like Melee Ganondorf plus we desperately need at least one more F-Zero rep in the roster. Getting a Echo is the only way. Also, he would bring F-Zero a villain in the roster.

#95. Mach Rider (Retro rep) - Would be fun as hell with his motorcycle, gun, bombs, and stuff.

#96. Bandana Dee - He would pretty much complete Kirby's representation in the roster pus he is one of the biggest omissions from the roster I feel.

#97. Chun-Li - My favorite Street Fighter character. Plus, who wouldn't what the most iconic fighting game chick in Smash?

#98. Sephiroth - He would be our first 3rd party villain that I think deserves to have that honor if anybody. He would be fun to play with.

#99. Geno - His fans have been waiting long enough plus Sakurai wants him in too. He would be very unique with his Geno Beam, gun, and other abilities.

#100. Isaac - (Another Assist Trophy) Like Geno fans, I feel his fans have waited long enough and would be very happy for them if he got in.

Damn this was a long list that took me forever to write lmao!
Let me do one

#80-Shantae
#81-Lloyd Irving
#82-Byleth
#83-Geno
#84-Doomslayer
#85-Ryu Hayabusa
#86-Professor Layton
#87-Steve
#88-Sol Badguy
#89-Bandana Waddle Dee
#90-Leon Kennedy
#91-Rayman
#92-Stylux
#93-Poochy
#94-Bill Rizor
#95-Arel
#96-Elma
#97-Scorbunny Final Evolution
#98-Porky Minch
#99-Phoinex Wright
#100-Crash Bandicoot
Man that was long lol
Both of you have some nice options there. Kyrstal I have wanted for awhile, like you said would be a super unique star fox character, and also just in general, as we have no staff fighters. I just don't see more then 1 AT being upgraded.

Hmm... I just noticed that... while this does give us 100 fighters... technically the number only hits 96, as the echos don't add to the fighter number(the one next to them on the site. So... if sakurai wanted to have 100 unique numberd fighters, that would be 4 more needed... lol help me.

97. Porky. I think another Earthbound character would be good, and a villain with porky would be nice. They would be in a smaller mech like in his game, so could be a very unique fighter.

98. The other AT trophy. In this case I'll say both Waluigi and Isaac get put in.

99. Tethu/Tethi. The main character from Ever oasis, with both genders. The company's director made the Mana series, and I doubt we would get a reo for that, getting one from the spiritual successor would be perfect. Plus the company Grezzo has been working on a bunch of nintendo games, like the links awakening remake.

100. Balloon Fighter. I think this would be a perfect send off, as Iwata made Ballon Fighter, and could be Sakurai's Homage to Iwata...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Part 1 includes the first two labyrinths

So, just like Risky's Revenge, exactly as I expected.

I'd really only complain if they made us wait three years before the next part arrives. :4pacman:

Unfortunately, families can have a bad apple sometimes. *rimshot*

Mark probably meant well, but his taste in consoles isn't popular. Though it still beats WF doing it all the time like Llamasoft did: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/company/72289-llamasoft

Arr crew, from someone that has played part 1 of the Seven Sirens.

The crew Risky has said this to Shantae:
There are seven sirens in total; five that rule over the surface above, one wretched siren that ran away... And a seventh one that the others never dare speak of
Holiday ended, so you can stop now.

Well, it sounds to me like these Sirens are the actual culprits for now. At least, the last two...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
>Part 1 includes the first two labyrinths

So, just like Risky's Revenge, exactly as I expected.

I'd really only complain if they made us wait three years before the next part arrives. :4pacman:

Mark probably meant well, but his taste in consoles isn't popular. Though it still beats WF doing it all the time like Llamasoft did: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/company/72289-llamasoft

Holiday ended, so you can stop now.

Well, it sounds to me like these Sirens are the actual culprits for now. At least, the last two...
Who's willing to bet that monster girl spying on you from the deep is the runaway Siren? Tough to say if whoever she is, is actually complicit in what's happening, though...

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord

That being said, I dunno how you all can be so surprised or pissed off about WayForward first releasing Seven Sirens on the Apple Arcade platform, considering that they've gotten a port of Risky's Revenge a solid two and a half years before everyone else on the Steam platform. I will admit that it's somewhat of a surprise to me, but it's not much to get worked up over because there has been history between the two companies because hindsight highlighted this action as a more than just a distinct possibility.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That being said, I dunno how you all can be so surprised or pissed off about WayForward first releasing Seven Sirens on the Apple Arcade platform, considering that they've gotten a port of Risky's Revenge a solid two and a half years before everyone else on the Steam platform. I will admit that it's somewhat of a surprise to me, but it's not much to get worked up over because there has been history between the two companies because hindsight highlighted this action as a more than just a distinct possibility.
That's not directed at me too, right? Just got caught off-guard by the complete lack of a release date, is all.

Then again, most of this forum doesn't even talk about any part of Gamefaqs that isn't the forums, thanks to researching there I've acknowledged that WF has used iOS several times before.

Oh boyo, there's no confirmed release dates in the Promare Shantae Trailer.
Well, I figured that much, otherwise I'd have seen it mentioned on news outlets.

Do you figure that they might be under an NDA?

Last edited:

Captain Hazama

Smash Ace
That's not directed at me too, right? Just got caught off-guard by the complete lack of a release date, is all.

Then again, most of this forum doesn't even talk about any part of Gamefaqs that isn't the forums, thanks to researching there I've acknowledged that WF has used iOS several times before.

Well, I figured that much, otherwise I'd have seen it mentioned on news outlets.

Do you figure that they might be under an NDA?
Possibly they could be under NDA. They could be just ignoring anything Smash related in preference of finishing up their game instead of just putting fans in loops for asking "Shantae in Smash when?"

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Possibly they could be under NDA. They could be just ignoring anything Smash related in preference of finishing up their game instead of just putting fans in loops for asking "Shantae in Smash when?"
Nah, I mean concerning the release date or other details of Apple's release for Seven Sirens. We just have a vague "coming soon" for console versions and they didn't specify about how the game's multi-part releases are handled until yesterday.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Nah, I mean concerning the release date or other details of Apple's release for Seven Sirens. We just have a vague "coming soon" for console versions and they didn't specify about how the game's multi-part releases are handled until yesterday.
Nah, it wasn't necessarily directed at you, but more directed at people who are just up and out ungrateful about the situation at hand and instead of handling it with the grace of a ballerina, they handle it with the grace of a loud, screaming infant crashing a supersonic jet into Big Smoke's house.

Dukefire

Smash Master
With that, I think WF is more focused on getting Shantae ready for her next spotlight game instead of Smash Bros for now.

But we will just have to wait and see in the near future of what WF has in play.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If we conscribe to that logic, then every single game they're making right now and later, not just Shantae, will make sure they'll never answer any Smash questions again. :4pacman:

But seriously, are they under an NDA for details regarding Seven Sirens' release or not? Compared to HGH shouting out everything at the top of their lungs, all we had for a few months until Summer were a few seconds of footage and Shantae styling her hair into the number 5.

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
If we conscribe to that logic, then every single game they're making right now and later, not just Shantae, will make sure they'll never answer any Smash questions again. :4pacman:

But seriously, are they under an NDA for details regarding Seven Sirens' release or not? Compared to HGH shouting out everything at the top of their lungs, all we had for a few months until Summer were a few seconds of footage and Shantae styling her hair into the number 5.
That could be a fairly reasonable guess, considering the only data points we have is 2019 and "Coming Soon!", though how long until Apple relinquishes the NDA is my question. It could be as early as next week and as late as a bit after the console version of the game releases.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548

They had a Kickstarter going for Half-Genie Hero. Not this time. Mighty No. 9 was a cautionary tale about leaving those donators in the dark.

zferolie

Smash Hero
A bit off topic, but seems like our shantaes voice Christina Vee is going to be voicing a character in RWBY.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
A bit off topic, but seems like our shantaes voice Christina Vee is going to be voicing a character in RWBY.

Uhh this OLD NEWS...you pleb, I knew this for atleast several hours.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
They had a Kickstarter going for Half-Genie Hero. Not this time. Mighty No. 9 was a cautionary tale about leaving those donators in the dark.
And for PC, we at least knew it would release and some of what it was about, thanks to Nintendo Power (remember that? Those were the days). Just not in the right year, due to said Kickstarter causing a staff shift.

Is this the "impossible" dream that was brought up a while ago?

Last edited:

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
Here is an HD shot of the returning character the Heart Forger(sorry if I mess up the name lol)

EDIT: KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 It can't be that since she has done voice work for animation before. Wasn't she Sailor Mars and if we are using 3D animation then that LadyBug Hero.

Attachments

Last edited:

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Actually, after getting some time to think bout it, this is actually starting to make sense to me.

So, going back to 2017 for a moment, we have all the DLC done, then come in the surprise announcement of the Jammies Mode DLC. I have no problem with believing that the Sophia 3 Transformation was just for show, but it could show that, potentially, either Inti Creates or Apple helped secure funding for Seven Sirens. Now, I also don't have a problem with this scenario or WF mostly funding the game by themselves, yet it makes sense if we believe that they wouldn't have had much in the way of funding after the Friends and Costumes DLC.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
And for PC, we at least knew it would release and some of what it was about, thanks to Nintendo Power (remember that? Those were the days). Just not in the right year, due to said Kickstarter causing a staff shift.

Is this the "impossible" dream that was brought up a while ago?
I remember reading about how the story would apparently see Shantae catching flak from her friends for working with Risky, but in the final product only Abner brings it up and it's dropped just as quickly.

Here is an HD shot of the returning character the Heart Forger(sorry if I mess up the name lol)

Looks good, but I don't like how her sprite now moves like she chugged one too many energy drinks. She goes by Squidsmith, by the way.

Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out the reason she's moved here was because she got put out of a job due to Heart Squids becoming endangered around Scuttle Town?

A new random thougt of mine has occured... with the addition of these half-genies, in addition to the cast we have now, a Shantae fighting game is looking to have real potential...

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, another thought. Since Harmony's the first to be born from the union of man and genie, that makes her the eldest, right? She seemed tall enough.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if the Sirens end up bumping the rating up to T again.

Actually, after getting some time to think bout it, this is actually starting to make sense to me.

So, going back to 2017 for a moment, we have all the DLC done, then come in the surprise announcement of the Jammies Mode DLC. I have no problem with believing that the Sophia 3 Transformation was just for show, but it could show that, potentially, either Inti Creates or Apple helped secure funding for Seven Sirens. Now, I also don't have a problem with this scenario or WF mostly funding the game by themselves, yet it makes sense if we believe that they wouldn't have had much in the way of funding after the Friends and Costumes DLC.
Seems fair. They barely had any side projects or other games during this time, so it'd be no wonder why absolutely nothing much happened until the last few months.

EDIT: KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 It can't be that since she has done voice work for animation before. Wasn't she Sailor Mars and if we are using 3D animation then that LadyBug Hero.
Ah, right. Back to square one again then, surely this can be narrowed down eventually.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
So, another thought. Since Harmony's the first to be born from the union of man and genie, that makes her the eldest, right? She seemed tall enough.
Her mother, whoever she may be, might have been the pioneer of that trend and one of the foremost genie leaders. The first genies that come to the Pirate Master's mind are a "fire-spouting hothead" and a "songbird", both of which could fit what we see of Harmony's abilities and her name. Gasp! An affair!? That would be some twist, the genie thinking herself to be Shantae's mother... actually getting mixed up with Harmony being her true biological daughter and vice-versa. I wouldn't put it past them after that River City Girls twist.
Speking of the Pirate Master though, could that Siren who must not be named be even worse than him, or even had a hand in his uprising?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oh no, RWBY? Goody... :upsidedown:

So, do you have any good news?
Whats wrong with rwby? I love that show.

So was talking to conner, and had an idea. What if, when shantae is added, she gets an alt costume... her princess one from pirates curse and riskies revenge

Thoughts if this happened?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Whats wrong with rwby? I love that show.

So was talking to conner, and had an idea. What if, when shantae is added, she gets an alt costume... her princess one from pirates curse and riskies revenge

Thoughts if this happened?
Same on RWBY, obviously.

I would be shocked that they got away with it. Sure it's an iconic look for her, but I think it would really start to stretch the ratings.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would be impressed that they didn't get into trouble with Disney over it. Unless Sora is in, anyway.

Also, the first instinct one could have over in Japan in regards to Shantae is "kawaii!" rather than thinking about lewd stuff, thanks to the art style.

Or, as TVT put it:

Moe: Cited by Destructoid in their review of Risky's Revenge: Your first instinct on seeing the female main cast is probably not so much "Whoa, that's hot" as "Aww, that's cute".

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Her mother, whoever she may be, might have been the pioneer of that trend and one of the foremost genie leaders. The first genies that come to the Pirate Master's mind are a "fire-spouting hothead" and a "songbird", both of which could fit what we see of Harmony's abilities and her name. Gasp! An affair!? That would be some twist, the genie thinking herself to be Shantae's mother... actually getting mixed up with Harmony being her true biological daughter and vice-versa. I wouldn't put it past them after that River City Girls twist.
Speking of the Pirate Master though, could that Siren who must not be named be even worse than him, or even had a hand in his uprising?
Actually, there seems to be a lot of magical abilities Shantae she's adept at using in her games, even beyond her signature transformation abilities. Consider the Fireballs and the Storm Puffs, alongside the Healing/Revive Dance and their respective upgraded forms, they have some affiliation with fire, lightning, and restoration/refreshment, like Harmony, Zapple, and Vera. While not to the precise control of any of them, she is able to utilize magic beyond just transformation and could unlock seer magic in Seven Sirens, potentially courtesy of Plink.

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Actually, there seems to be a lot of magical abilities Shantae she's adept at using in her games, even beyond her signature transformation abilities. Consider the Fireballs and the Storm Puffs, alongside the Healing/Revive Dance and their respective upgraded forms, they have some affiliation with fire, lightning, and restoration/refreshment, like Harmony, Zapple, and Vera. While not to the precise control of any of them, she is able to utilize magic beyond just transformation and could unlock seer magic in Seven Sirens, potentially courtesy of Plink.
Yes, but almost all of that magic is never acknowledged by anyone, with the only slight exception being fire thanks to all the art and being a key component in making a fetch quest easier during Half-Genie Hero. It doesn't help that some of this "magic" (Bubble and Pike Balls) was still usable even during Pirate's Curse, with the only difference being they were inventory-based rather than mana-based. This leads me to believe all of the "spells" Shantae buys at the store can actually be used by anyone, they just have a limited charge that would force ordinary people to buy more, but a half-genie can use their raw magic energy to fuel them far longer than normal. It may also explain why the spells were item-based in the original too, due to Shantae's inexperience with magic at the time.

That being said, it would be neat if playable versions of these half-genies could show off their expertise in their specialties with unlimited use of and multiple versions of things like Storm Puffs or the fire spells. Would also explain how Shantae can still dance and transform even with her magic meter depleted.

Seeing how much of a pure ******* Pirate Master is, it's possible that he hasn't kept track of how many genies' lives he's ruined, so it can be hard to remember some crucial details accurately. Or, TLDR;

Another possibility is those two he mentions actually being one and the same, just caring so little to notice. If that were the case, it could make Harmony and Shantae sisters.

Last edited:

Dukefire

Smash Master
Same Hair style does show some similarities, but I guess we will have to find out more about harmony and the other 4 half genies once the game is released.

Top Bottom