• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mario9919

Smash Apprentice
Toby Fox is in no position to know what is in Smash besides his own ****. Again, He's probably having fun because Undertale references a lot of RPGs.
So he's basically messing with everyone?

Don't forget...the Castlevania leak for the August 6th direct was much later at night.

I'll be on the lookout if something like it happens. I will use the spoiler tags if I do run into anything.
Especially look for any Shantae leaks OK?

Last edited:

DarkShadowRage

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkShadowRage
3DS FC
0534-0479-5837
Switch FC
SW-6587-7751-8591
RottyGif.gif
rotty3.gif
ROTTYTOPS DANCIN through the NIGHT! to bring SHANTAE TO SMESH!

jammies.gif

Dukefire

Smash Master
I know there will be that lingering salty intent once the direct is over. But please stay strong and don't fuel the trolls to provoke us more to rub it in the wounds
Capture+_2018-10-18-09-15-39.png

PLEASE TRY TO AVOID BEING LIKE THAT FOR TOMORROW AFTER ITS OVER.

See all of you tomorrow.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm going to leave this here before tomorrow's direct. Even if Shantae isn't confirmed as a playable character, don't lose hope. As long as she isn't confirmed as an assist trophy, she still has a chance as a character via DLC.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I'm going to leave this here before tomorrow's direct. Even if Shantae isn't confirmed as a playable character, don't lose hope. As long as she isn't confirmed as an assist trophy, she still has a chance as a character via DLC.
Actually, there's no actual proof assist trophy characters cant be promoted later on in the games life. That's more or less an assumption-turned-"truth" by the community. Characters like Midna, Ashley, and Shovel Knight could still become playable through DLC with enough support.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Actually, there's no actual proof assist trophy characters cant be promoted later on in the games life. That's more or less an assumption-turned-"truth" by the community. Characters like Midna, Ashley, and Shovel Knight could still become playable through DLC with enough support.
Their fate is all up to Sakurai and the Team for the final call as always.

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
Whatever happens guys it's not the end, so if she's not announced here, keep in mind that there's always DLC. Just be weary of openly voicing your grief as there's a lot of anti-Shantae people who are just waiting to+ get their "I told you so's" in.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Whatever happens guys it's not the end, so if she's not announced here, keep in mind that there's always DLC. Just be weary of openly voicing your grief as there's a lot of anti-Shantae people who are just waiting to+ get their "I told you so's" in.
Pretty much the vultures circling the dying animal to eat after its dead sometime later. As, long she doesn't hit Assist Trophy, (its a gamble) but it does still open a chance for her to join if not base roster

zferolie

Smash Hero
yeah, no shantae, or even AT Shantae, doesn't mean its the end for her. With most likely a very long DLC period for this game, even if shantae is an AT I can see her making it as playable eventually. Heck, I see quite a few AT's becoming fully playable via DLC

Dukefire

Smash Master
yeah, no shantae, or even AT Shantae, doesn't mean its the end for her. With most likely a very long DLC period for this game, even if shantae is an AT I can see her making it as playable eventually. Heck, I see quite a few AT's becoming fully playable via DLC
Well, we will see tomorrow.
6b79cfd58c83d7ea26678db204280de7_original.png

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I could definitely see Shantae being one of if not the first DLC character announced for this game. If the Grinch/Banner leak is fake, there is still a good chance she could be in the base roster.

Last edited:

Prodis

Smash Rookie
Gentlemen, it's been an honor. Hope for the best, remain positive. See you on the other side.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm hedging my bets on her being one of the first DLC characters. Her potential would be completely wasted as an assist, but I hope to see her in the base roster.

Remember, even if she doesn't make an appearance tomorrow, she still has a shot.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I could definitely see Shantae being one of if not the first DLC character announced for this game. If the Grinch/Banner leak is fake, there is still a good chance she could be in the base roster.
Agreed. Its not over till its over

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
This is it everybody, the Final Destination! Let's hope Shantae had the same effect on Sakurai as she did on the Zelda, Pokemon, Disgaea, and WarioWare people.
#ShantaeForSmash

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Not sure if I'm gonna post again, but hopefully she gets in. If not, let's just hope she survives the last AT showcase so she can be a DLC Fighter.

May the force be with us, and #ShantaeforSmash

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
I gotta say, I'm so terribly excited to see what we get tomorrow. I can hardly wait! Less than 12 hours to go! Whether Shantae is in or not, be it as a Fighter or an Assist, it's been a fun ride! Hopefully there'll be plenty of Shantae stuff in the future to keep us together and talking!

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Definitely. It's been an honor, even if I didn't speak up much. I think the AT section is going to be the hardest part to get through regardless of whether we get our wish granted or not.

Garrmactad

Smash Rookie
as someone who's been lurking around here for a while, and just opened up their old account, i'd like to pledge my support for Shantae! you guys have made a really compelling case for her (at least for me that is), and I actually got Pirate's Curse because of you all.

best of luck tomorrow! hopefully Shantae will make it in!

logicandreason

Smash Journeyman
Its been a heck of a ride, even though i joined in at the last turn. In 12 hours we'll see if our dreams become reality, or are crushed to bits. It's been an honor stalking reading what everyone's said. Here's to Shantae, the half genie hero we need.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
as someone who's been lurking around here for a while, and just opened up their old account, i'd like to pledge my support for Shantae! you guys have made a really compelling case for her (at least for me that is), and I actually got Pirate's Curse because of you all.

best of luck tomorrow! hopefully Shantae will make it in!
Oh, well that's much appreciated. :)

And, um, what'd you think of Pirate's Curse? Just curious.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Definitely. It's been an honor, even if I didn't speak up much. I think the AT section is going to be the hardest part to get through regardless of whether we get our wish granted or not.
I still don't think there will be another dedicated assist section. Nobody promised all of them would be shown (let alone the new ones) and we didn't know them all going in Smash 4.

This is especially true if this is another "X-Fact Extravaganza".

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Hey everyone...uh...Shantaebros? Shantaesisters?...Sorry, I'm not sure what to say there. Anyway, Isaacbro here to give you all support here! Now, I know things are pretty, well, messed up with how so many insiders and the like are. But DON'T GIVE UP!!! Shantae WILL get in to Smash one way or another (preferably as a fighter of course). If she doesn't, DLC is the next best thing!

I had a theory that IF Shantae didn't make it into Base, being DLC would make sense because DLC can't be rated by the ESRB. Making Shantae easy to get in. Now, this is going by the idea that Bayonetta had before, "Too sexy for Smash". But because I don't have much knowledge of Shantae's games, I have no room to assume that. Regardless, I like her character and I do hope she makes it in.

Good luck for tomorrow everyone! :)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Hey everyone...uh...Shantaebros? Shantaesisters?...Sorry, I'm not sure what to say there. Anyway, Isaacbro here to give you all support here! Now, I know things are pretty, well, messed up with how so many insiders and the like are. But DON'T GIVE UP!!! Shantae WILL get in to Smash one way or another (preferably as a fighter of course). If she doesn't, DLC is the next best thing!

I had a theory that IF Shantae didn't make it into Base, being DLC would make sense because DLC can't be rated by the ESRB. Making Shantae easy to get in. Now, this is going by the idea that Bayonetta had before, "Too sexy for Smash". But because I don't have much knowledge of Shantae's games, I have no room to assume that. Regardless, I like her character and I do hope she makes it in.

If that was true Bayonetta would be almost fully naked after her smashes.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Less than 12 hours left!!

I was going to ask how the hype train was going, but looks like people are off distracting themselves or something :p

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace

Thank you so much. All the supporters that pop in on this thread make me admire Isaac as a character more so than others.
#ShantaeForSmash
#IsaacForSmash

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Oh ha! I should mention, I gifted my friend Pirate's Curse yesterday.... and he spent all day literally playing it. Last I heard, he was in the Lost Village. XD I'm having a lot of fun hearing his reactions.

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
All I can say is after all we have been through both us isaac and shantae fans I’m wishing all of us the best of luck. I’m going to keep my head up high for tomorrow but of course accept whatever happens. She will get in base or dlc. I’m sure of it. We’re in this together now.

Swade

Smash Apprentice
And so less than twelve hours remaining for those answers...Oooh, I've been waiting for so long for that sweet release of all this anxiety and worry I've been storing for months since the announcement in March. Oh it's gonna feel so good...

A1Again

Smash Cadet
I'm going out there and wondering, maybe, that Sakurai may just do a small portion of Smash content dedicated to indie games. That could be what the Undertale creator referenced to. Think about it, showing off many indies as items, assist trophies, and what better way to end it than a playable character?

"These are just one man's thoughts", to rip a quote from my favorite Tuber, YongYea. lol (he always says it at the end of his videos)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Good luck for tomorrow everybody! Enjoy the show!

I'll be in and out, especially if I cant fall asleep. I thought more people would be around, but it makes sense if no one wants to be spoiled, or wake up in time :p

Top Bottom