• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
This thread would explode if Wayforward retweeted the Direct announcement, but they didn't....
Did Yacht Club retweet the August 6th direct?

If not, it could just be something they avoid doing in order to avoid any complications with an NDA, or at the very least trying to avoid giving away a surprise if there isn't one.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Did Yacht Club retweet the August 6th direct?

If not, it could just be something they avoid doing in order to avoid any complications with an NDA, or at the very least trying to avoid giving away a surprise if there isn't one.
Yeah it doesnt seem like something they would do. It might be too big of a hint.
And James retweets it, but he's all up in smash regardless, so it may not mean much extra.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Yeah it doesnt seem like something they would do. It might be too big of a hint.
And James retweets it, but he's all up in smash regardless, so it may not mean much extra.
I love how people are going nuts about the recent Undertale-ish game saying that Sans is confirmed, even though we've had almost the exact same situation back in August!

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Okay, im going to discuss this because it relates to Shantae's chances in Smash...

Banner leak might actually be disconfirmed tomorrow. The recent Deltarune release is almost uncanny.

If the Banner leak is disconfirmed, that means Shantae has a full-on chance for base roster.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Okay, im going to discuss this because it relates to Shantae's chances in Smash...

Banner leak might actually be disconfirmed tomorrow. The recent Deltarune release is almost uncanny.

If the Banner leak is disconfirmed, that means Shantae has a full-on chance for base roster.
How does That Delktarune game tie to Shantae in smash at all? Its related to undertale. I barely been following that delta thing but a lot of people are being super weird about it...

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
How does That Delktarune game tie to Shantae in smash at all? Its related to undertale. I barely been following that delta thing but a lot of people are being super weird about it...
Well, its a bit indirect, but if it is the case than the banner leak is disconfirmed, which means Shantae no longer has the worry about that being fake in order to have a chance.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019

I'm pretty sure those quotes you're talking about are more so making fun of Smash speculation than anything. I wouldn't put stock in it. Same with that dumb fake image about Nintendo's press page.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I haven't heard of this "Deltarune" thing, until now. Would someone be kind enough as to give me a short rundown on what it is exactly?

Anyway, I'm going to go for a bit now. Bye.
Toby Fox, creator of Undertale, released a game with a lot of weird quotes with an extremely obvious reference to Super Smash Bros, "See you tomorrow...", and a reference to a Forest Maze, which is an area that is strongly associated with Geno from SMRPG.

clearandsweet

Smash Journeyman
First I see what looks like Primarina in a patch of grass, and then the first group of halloweeners I see were all girls dressed as nintendo/mario characters :)
Bruh, Primarina are 7/8 male...

I don't know. It wouldn't add up, especially considering her abscence from other crossover Indie Fighting games.

Hopefully Matt and WayForward were able to sell Sakurai her rights for a more-than-generously cheap amount of money if they wanted her in that badly.
Also I like the idea of people paying Nintendo for their characters to be in Smash and then Sakurai sitting there like some kind of godfather, cottonballs in mouth, all "you come to me on the day of my games announcement. and you ask me to include a character i do not know."

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure those quotes you're talking about are more so making fun of Smash speculation than anything. I wouldn't put stock in it. Same with that dumb fake image about Nintendo's press page.
https://twitter.com/Crunchiitastic/status/1057724577806274560

No guarantees, but this does seem to be occurring at a weird time.
Well looking at this it feels like its Toby having some fun at the smash hype stuff. He has been known to throw things into his games referencing RL stuff. He even did something directly tied to Jim Sterling

Also I like the idea of people paying Nintendo for their characters to be in Smash and then Sakurai sitting there like some kind of godfather, cottonballs in mouth, all "you come to me on the day of my games announcement. and you ask me to include a character i do not know."
Traps are fine too :p Though I think most of us reset till we got a female :)

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend

I said girls, not female. (feminine maybe better ;p)
But anyway I agree with zferolie zferolie :)
-I only resetted for a good nature, I think ;p

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This basically assumes a developer of a property knows about Smash content. Do you even realize how far that is stretching?
Well I think the point is that they would know if their own characters is in it.
As far as knowing about geno, that one I have no clue how they could.

Forest mazes aren't that rare in games and stuff tho.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
When I know Smash news is coming I just can't do anything else. I constantly think about Smash and can't focus. Woe is me.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I said girls, not female. (feminine maybe better ;p)
But anyway I agree with zferolie zferolie :)
-I only resetted for a good nature, I think ;p
I was crazy and resetted for a special attack boosting nature and female. Got one as mild. I really should do more with more pokemom teams... i keep staring a plan to make a tea. Using every fully evolved pokemon but never finish...

Btw guys Billybae10K Billybae10K gave us shantae fans a shout out in his prediction video. Says he wants to see shantae in some form and expects her in some form if the grinch leak is fake

Teeb147

Smash Legend
When I know Smash news is coming I just can't do anything else. I constantly think about Smash and can't focus. Woe is me.
Really. Hm, maybe I'm in the minority but I'm relieved that it's coming soon, and I'm pretty calm considering.
I get excited here and there too, it's a pretty big event for a lot of us.

I was crazy and resetted for a special attack boosting nature and female. Got one as mild. I really should do more with more pokemom teams... i keep staring a plan to make a tea. Using every fully evolved pokemon but never finish...

Btw guys Billybae10K Billybae10K gave us shantae fans a shout out in his prediction video. Says he wants to see shantae in some form and expects her in some form if the grinch leak is fake

I was going to breed some anyway, so I figured I might as well wait til I can before trying to get a perfect one. Which I did have in the end but the game was so short I was already near the end-game. :/

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace

Lets be real here. Isaac, Geno, and Shantae fans are secretly becoming the "Wholesome 3" of Smash Ultimate. Top 3 on Smashboards, all supportive of each other, and all of us want the others in the game as well.

hassoutobi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5344-2558-0842
Switch FC
SW 7858-1447-7386
same. especially now since we've been waiting for so long to see if Shantae's in and october was pretty quiet, the wait for any sort of info was incredibly nerve-wracking.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
It's coming guys and gals, we're only more than half a day away from it!
It's what we've been waiting for, at least as more broad smash fans, we're finally going to see a lot of what it's culminating to :)

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I love how people are going nuts about the recent Undertale-ish game saying that Sans is confirmed, even though we've had almost the exact same situation back in August!
August didn't have an Undertale gaiden game/sequel/prequel/midquel/interquel/whatever the heck Delta Rune is supposed to be available to the public; heck, we didn't even know one was in production.

Last edited:

hassoutobi

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5344-2558-0842
Switch FC
SW 7858-1447-7386
Lets be real here. Isaac, Geno, and Shantae fans are secretly becoming the "Wholesome 3" of Smash Ultimate. Top 3 on Smashboards, all supportive of each other, and all of us want the others in the game as well.
geno and isaac fans have been some of the only kind people ive met in this community when it comes to Shantae, really. they aren't high on my list, but i hope those characters get in just for those guys.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
geno and isaac fans have been some of the only kind people ive met in this community when it comes to Shantae, really. they aren't high on my list, but i hope those characters get in just for those guys.
What's weird is that the isaac fans have so much going for them, and yet a lot of them are stil doubting their character right now even though there's so much, and the direct is so close and they're going to find out soon anyway.

I guess it's just worrying. Maybe it's the long wait too. It's just the truth aint gonna change, and it's almost here (it's going to be what it's going to be, including good stuff). I wish all the supporters luck anyway, and I hope many can chill and look forward to finally finding things out. And enjoying the bunch of new stuff and info :)

I'm surprised it's so quiet around. Well, enjoy whatever you're doing and see you later. :)

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
What's weird is that the isaac fans have so much going for them, and yet a lot of them are stil doubting their character right now even though there's so much, and the direct is so close and they're going to find out soon anyway.

I guess it's just worrying. Maybe it's the long wait too. It's just the truth aint gonna change, and it's almost here (it's going to be what it's going to be, including good stuff). I wish all the supporters luck anyway, and I hope many can chill and look forward to finally finding things out. And enjoying the bunch of new stuff and info :)

I'm surprised it's so quiet around. Well, enjoy whatever you're doing and see you later. :)
Mmmm... maybe it's just me, but I don't consider a leak and a vague item compelling evidence. I can understand the worrying with that in mind.

It's the calm before the storm: unless the devs slip up with a leak again all prior leak discussion has lost meaning. They now have to put up or shut up.

On a another note, a combination of Halloween mood, sale and desire to support Wayforward in this critical moment has lead me to purchase Mummy Demastered. It downloads as we speak; looking forward to seeing an even closer take to Metroid from them.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Mmmm... maybe it's just me, but I don't consider a leak and a vague item compelling evidence. I can understand the worrying with that in mind.
Nothing is ever definitive proof. And, It's just they have a lot going now, and it's looking good.
Maybe I'm looking at it too much from the standpoint of gambling. Like.. hey you gots good chances,. And it's going to be what it's going to be, so no point in worrying. :)

anyway, carry on. to each their own.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I'd be fine if its an assist trophy. I doubt Sans would be an easy-to-create fighter, but as an assist trophy he would work rather well. Honestly, Im just supporting his inclusion so we get Undertale music
I would like to play smash while listening to ost 71.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Really. Hm, maybe I'm in the minority but I'm relieved that it's coming soon, and I'm pretty calm considering.
I get excited here and there too, it's a pretty big event for a lot of us.

I was going to breed some anyway, so I figured I might as well wait til I can before trying to get a perfect one. Which I did have in the end but the game was so short I was already near the end-game. :/
Thing is i try to use the starter in my final team, so it can't be breed. You have a special bond with that pokemon.

That is pretty true. I hope we all get our character

GoldLiger

Smash Lord
NNID
Liger or Liger0X
3DS FC
3067-6321-9519
Switch FC
SW 7220 7680 7239
This definitely are the final hours. Luckily I don't have to work until Saturday.

LaBeteNoire

Smash Lord
I'd be fine if its an assist trophy. I doubt Sans would be an easy-to-create fighter, but as an assist trophy he would work rather well. Honestly, Im just supporting his inclusion so we get Undertale music
Sans would actually make a great assist trophy because it's the only way he could actually look like he does in the game, just standing chill in the middle of the stage while he sends waves of bones and ghaster blasters around.

I would not mind him or any undertale characters being in the game, but the gameplay of Undertale doesn't translate well to Smash.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Sans would actually make a great assist trophy because it's the only way he could actually look like he does in the game, just standing chill in the middle of the stage while he sends waves of bones and ghaster blasters around.

I would not mind him or any undertale characters being in the game, but the gameplay of Undertale doesn't translate well to Smash.
Yeah. Also, if they were to use a majority of most characters movesets, there would be massive spoilers for the actual game.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I just... wanna take a moment to... to appreciate the magic of Smash Bros. and everything around it. No other crossover event I can think of has people actively lobbying for particular characters to get in, and in doing so create the biggest word-of-mouth effect imaginable that gets people to try games they never would have considered.

I played Shantae games before all this, but it was only after seeing the passion here that I realized just how good the series really was.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I just... wanna take a moment to... to appreciate the magic of Smash Bros. and everything around it. No other crossover event I can think of has people actively lobbying for particular characters to get in, and in doing so create the biggest word-of-mouth effect imaginable that gets people to try games they never would have considered.

I played Shantae games before all this, but it was only after seeing the passion here that I realized just how good the series really was.
Hey, when you are able to find the fun people of the Smash community, it becomes absolutely fantastic.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
What the heck?

I thought more would have happened, we're nearing the end of Smash speculation (for base, at least).
Oh well. :p
Don't forget...the Castlevania leak for the August 6th direct was much later at night.

I'll be on the lookout if something like it happens. I will use the spoiler tags if I do run into anything.

Last edited:
Top Bottom