• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jorichi

Smash Apprentice
Finally we'll know whether or not Shantae was able to work her magic on Sakurai or not!

Well to be fair it's more a question if Sakurai did enough research on her or not, because I'm pretty sure that she fits Sakurai's design philosophy perfectly when it comes to characters. So fingers crossed!

Don't forget to strap yourselves down guys, this direct is going to be a wild ride.
104702.png

I've got my ball and chain. I'm ready!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Finally we'll know whether or not Shantae was able to work her magic on Sakurai or not!

Well to be fair it's more a question if Sakurai did enough research on her or not, because I'm pretty sure that she fits Sakurai's design philosophy perfectly when it comes to characters. So fingers crossed!

Don't forget to strap yourselves down guys, this direct is going to be a wild ride.
View attachment 174015
I've got my ball and chain. I'm ready!
I'm pretty sure he checks out all potential candidates thoroughly. He'd check her for sure after the ballot.
We just gotta know where he felt to put her :)

Also, hf., I'll be back laterr.

Last edited:

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...
If Shantae is nowhere to be seen in tomorrow's direct, we'll have to keep this thread and our support alive

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings...
If Shantae is nowhere to be seen in tomorrow's direct, we'll have to keep this thread and our support alive
Yup, we'll deal with that as the time comes. For now, the big event is coming :)

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Why did my professors decide to schedule tests and annoying assignments for this week specifically? The timing for all of this is amplifying my anxiety.

Hyfiner

Smash Apprentice
Why did my professors decide to schedule tests and annoying assignments for this week specifically? The timing for all of this is amplifying my anxiety.
Tell me about it. Now I have to decide between my lab and the Direct.
WHY MUST YOU TEASE ME SO SAKURAI?!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
Tell me about it. Now I have to decide between my lab and the Direct.
WHY MUST YOU TEASE ME SO SAKURAI?!
lol I have to work that day BUT...I dont work till 5:45pm!

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Guys I’m nervous about the direct after what I’ve been to:(
You just need to chill.

Learn to look at whatever you see, use a bit of critical examination, and then make the choice of how much you want to put into it. Just hearing a random person say something shouldn't be enough to make you nervous about tomorrow.

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Guys I’m nervous about the direct after what I’ve been to:(
Literally everyone on Smashboards is dude. Dixie, Elma, B.Dee they're all not on the Grinch leak and are just as nervous as we are. I think Isaac is kind of stealing the show at the moment but everyone else is beyond stressed,

Like I asked yesterday I think it'd be worthwhile to put all our evidence together one last time.

SoupCanMafia

Smash Lord
Scuttle Town, Sequin Land, Possibly Turkey
We approach the endless void of the Base Roster. It's been quite a journey to get from the first revelation of the Inklings to E3's Ridley to 8/8's King K. Rool. This is our time that we celebrate Smash Bros as a game that has given us sadness, yet also has given us gladness. We should enjoy the game on the principle that we want to smash other characters, not boycott it for having a character or two "missing" in action or bound as an Assist Trophy. Should Shantae not be in, do not rage or throw a temper tantrum, because that will only make us look worse and give our enemies more ammunition. Keep your bodies strong, keep your mind stronger, since this is a limited time window that we, as a collective, can either go for double or nothing. And whatever happens next, happens because Sakurai and his team willed it through years of hard work, not because Verge or the Grinch got it right with a cheeky guess. We approach the end, and we've run out of time. Farewell, ladies and gentlemen. See you on the other side of the void.

Last edited:

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Literally everyone on Smashboards is dude. Dixie, Elma, B.Dee they're all not on the Grinch leak and are just as nervous as we are. I think Isaac is kind of stealing the show at the moment but everyone else is beyond stressed,

Like I asked yesterday I think it'd be worthwhile to put all our evidence together one last time.
Hey, aren't you the guy who works at Lab Zero, the studio that made Skullgirls and the upcoming Indivisible?

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Cool. It's nice to know actual game developers get on these kinds of forums!

By the way, will you and the rest of team be watching the Direct tomorrow morning?
Hahaha, I'm just a fan who ended up working for them through a series of miracles sometime last year. My whole job is done over the internet and via email so it's not like I'm hanging out at Lab Zero HQ or anything like that.
SKullgirls for smash when?
I'd die for Cerebella, I love her design so much.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace

What the **** is this you're telling me, Toriel?

Pfft....We had unusual Smash Bros references first. Step it up, Undertale!

Personally... I really doubt Sans would be a playable character. Not only would he be a bit too strong and would need to be greatly toned down, but his existence could be seen as a spoiler for Undertale itself. I think an assist trophy is more likely, with maybe one or two music tracks for the "other" section.

Wwlink55

Smash Ace

Five Minutes Before the Great Smash Brothers Civil War (circa. 2018, colorized)
"Never thought i'd be fighting side by side with a Steve..."

"How about side-by-side with a friend?"

"Aye, I could do that..."

Last edited:
I've placed my bets. Base Roster or Bust, either way tomorrow is gonna be a ****ing ride that I'll probably never forget. I leave you all with two images that convey my final thoughts on the matter until the Direct is over.

xlVlHSY.png

1540422915031.jpg

#ShantaeForSmash

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hahaha, I'm just a fan who ended up working for them through a series of miracles sometime last year. My whole job is done over the internet and via email so it's not like I'm hanging out at Lab Zero HQ or anything like that.

I'd die for Cerebella, I love her design so much.
Valentine or Peacock for me. Those to and Eliza are my mains :)

I’m sorry shantae but I have to join with the others
I assume its only due to Steve right?

Top Bottom