• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shantae, the Half Genie Protector of Scuttle Town! (A Switch To A New WayForward)

Do you think shantae can make it?

• Yes, as a fighter

• Yes, as a assist trophy

• No, not as a assist trophy

• No, not at all

Results are only viewable after voting.

AmpleMares

Smash Rookie
Hello, just thought I’d make an account finally after lurking this thread since about page 45. Long time Shantae fan, loved her before her second game came out on DSi lol. Was very active for her during the Smash Ballot. Here’s to her making it in Ultimate~

Also, add me to that fancy support list thingy if you can~ #ShantaeForSmash

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
I don't really see Undertale getting any representation.
I'd be fine if its an assist trophy. I doubt Sans would be an easy-to-create fighter, but as an assist trophy he would work rather well. Honestly, Im just supporting his inclusion so we get Undertale music

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I'd rather prefer Frisk or Undyne be the fighter.
Seriously. If there's ever any Undertale content in Smash, as unlikely as that is, Sans should not have a combative role in it period. His boss fight has become so memeified that everyone just forgot that it was supposed to be an extreme moment of despair and desperation, and that Sans isn't the type to fight at all unless he absolutely has no other option. If he is in than he should be the new Mr. Resetti and make funny remarks during the battle.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'll try. This hype cycle has been hard.
I understand :)

I don't really see Undertale getting any representation.
Says the skeleton.

Hello, just thought I’d make an account finally after lurking this thread sense about page 45. Long time Shantae fan, loved her before her second game came out on DSi lol. Was very active for her during the Smash Ballot. Here’s to her making it in Ultimate~

Also, add me to that fancy support list thingy if you can~ #ShantaeForSmash
Welcome fresh meat

Makai Wars

Smash Ace
Soooo let's say there's zero Shantae in the direct tomorrow, why would WF be silent on Smash for so long just for it to amount to nothing?

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord

What the **** is this you're telling me, Toriel?
Guys, that UnderTale demo is saying we have to wait ANOTHER 24 hours... I'm terrified now.
Those better not be real. This was the one place I thought I was safe to avoid DeltaRune spoilers (please I'm not trying to be toxic I swear)

And also, much like Steve, I'm not opposed to Frisk or Sans or whoever getting in… just please not before Shantae.

Last edited:

Wwlink55

Smash Ace
Soooo let's say there's zero Shantae in the direct tomorrow, why would WF be silent on Smash for so long just for it to amount to nothing?
DLC. If there is no sign of her, it hints that she is (possibly) planned for DLC.

Either that, or WayForward somehow coincidentally missed every single Smash-related media on social media.

D

Deleted member

Those better not be real. This was the one place I thought I was safe to avoid DeltaRune spoilers.

And also, much Steve, I'm not opposed to Frisk or Sans or whoever getting in… just please not before Shantae.

It could be just an AT for undertale?

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
I'd be fine if its an assist trophy. I doubt Sans would be an easy-to-create fighter, but as an assist trophy he would work rather well. Honestly, Im just supporting his inclusion so we get Undertale music
I'd rather not see any representation at all. The series while popular isn't really at the level where I think it deserves to be represented in Smash, and it certainly doesn't have any major quantifiable connections to Nintendo or Nintendo legacy.
Says the skeleton.
Are you implying we all look alike?

Last edited:

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero
A last minute Undertale AT feels very unlikely but not outside the realm of possibility. If there is one, it's almost certainly not gonna be one of the cool new complicated types like Alucard or Shovel Knight. I still stand by my Mr. Ressiti-esque Sans idea.
Eh, I'm not opposed to that idea, but I'd rather it be Sans/Papyrus, as a duo. :)

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
I don't know. It wouldn't add up, especially considering her abscence from other crossover Indie Fighting games.

Hopefully Matt and WayForward were able to sell Sakurai her rights for a more-than-generously cheap amount of money if they wanted her in that badly.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Guys I'm getting mystical signs that girl characters are going to get in smash.
First I see what looks like Primarina in a patch of grass, and then the first group of halloweeners I see were all girls dressed as nintendo/mario characters :)

Last edited:

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
It could be just an AT for undertale?
An AT wouldn't effect her negatively, since it'd be the same as Shovel Knight.

Eh, I'm not opposed to that idea, but I'd rather it be Sans/Papyrus, as a duo. :)
Imagine every fighter have 2 Spooky Scary Skeletons having banter about every fighter. "Sans! Is that purple-haired girl Human or Monster?" "i have no idea."

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'd rather not see any representation at all. The series while popular isn't really at the level where I think it deserves to be represented in Smash, and it certainly doesn't have any major quantifiable connections to Nintendo or Nintendo legacy.

Are you implying we all look alike?
Are you calling me a Skeletonist?!

Shadowknight1

Banned via Administration
Guys I'm getting mystical signs that girl characters are going to get in smash.
First I see what looks like Primarina in a patch of grass, and then the first group of halloweeners I see were all girls dressed as nintendo/mario characters :)
I saw a smoke cloud that looked pretty feminine on my way to work this morning. Could that count?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I saw a smoke cloud that looked pretty feminine on my way to work this morning. Could that count?
Oo I didnt know clouds could be feminine, but that sounds neat :)

Also, wouldn't it be funny if primarina would actually show up instead of incineroar? :p

So.. I need to find out exactly how much time is left til the direct in case i need an alarm clock or something.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Oo I didnt know clouds could be feminine, but that sounds neat :)

Also, wouldn't it be funny if primarina would actually show up instead of incineroar? :p

So.. I need to find out exactly how much time is left til the direct in case i need an alarm clock or something.
I loved that Mermaid. I would love to see how Sakurai would make her work for smash.

This is mockery of Skelebros, as punishment your night will be truly spoopy.
TOO SPOOPY FOR ME!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, coming into this direct in (18 hours as of this post), I think things are pretty good, especially if we stay open and enjoy the smash content for itself too :)
As for Shantae, if anyone wants a refresher on some main points:

1) Shantae had many voters for the ballot, enough for decent attention anyway. And Sakurai looks into and even plays games that he considers, so he'll definitely have played Shantae :)
2) WayFoward has been completely silent in regards to Shantae and smash, and this is uncharacteristic of them, especially in comparison to their responses for her appearance in other games. She's most likely in the game in some form.
3) Shantae has not shown up in other indie fighters like Shovel Knight has, and we know at least of a few requests for her. There's possibly an NCC.
4) Shantae is awesome. (She fits many criteria for a great smash fighter, expressive, and many games, incl an available moveset. She's also a great indie rep)
5) There's always DLC, in the case that we don't hear anything tomorow. If we dont hear anything, it's not a bad sign, because..
6) Assist tophies of main characters get proper reveals, so she would most likely be shown off before the game release if she were. She wasnt shown along with shovel knight, which was a golden opportunity.
7) Extra hints that may have been left around, like Jammies mode stuff.
8) Shantae is awesome (oh did I already say that one? counts for two anyway ;))
9) Leaks and sources have conflicting info, so it's best to stay open. The truth will come out in not long:)
10) There's lots to enjoy and this is a great moment in smash history in any case.

So there you go.
Feel free to add more of your own if you want :)

shantae_this_is_tight__by_guitarseer-d9xo1m9.gif

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Still doesn't explain that vague recording booth picture from September 25.
Maybe she's under an NDA. Or/& Maybe she doesnt feel like explaining everything.

It doesnt really matter, she's just a voice actress in the end. (a great one tho :))

Last edited:
Top Bottom